70 - Time

Take a Shot / Jenlisa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wherein Lisa travel back to the past

***

Lisa smiled as she smells the lilies on her hands. She knows that Jennie's gonna love it. 

Lisa stopped at her way when she saw Chaeyoung and Jisoo were staring at her way and smiled at her. Lisa returned their smile at them.

"You're here early, though you couldn't make it," Lisa said. "She would be happy" Lisa added before greeting them a kiss on their cheeks.

"We wouldn't miss Jennie's birthday," Jisoo said and pointed the cake on the box at the ground.

"And we wouldn't let you celebrate it alone," Chaeyoung said and gets the lilies on her hand and placed it besides Jennie's grave.

All the three of them sat on the ground and faced Jennie's grave. "She'll be happy if she's here" Lisa formed a sad smile on her lips.

Lisa removed the dust on the grave of Jennie and traces the inscription on her name.

Jisoo and Chaeyoung felt the sadness of Lisa and they started patting her shoulder.

"I could've saved her. I could've been there to save her" Lisa said and a tear escaped her eyes. "I should be in her place, you know"

"Nothing's your fault, Lisa," Jisoo said and caress her back. "It was no one's fault" Jisoo added but it didn't help.

After 5 years of Jennie's death, Lisa always blamed herself on the incident. Because on the day that Jennie chooses to save Lisa instead of saving herself.

"No, it's my fault. It's my fault why she's gone now" Lisa said and starts to break down. Lisa clenched her fist and biting her lips hard. "I could've saved her" Lisa cried hard.  And Chaeyoung and Jisoo can only comfort her with the pain that she's always holding.

After Lisa's breakdown, Chaeyoung lit the candle on Jennie's cake and placed it in front of Lisa. "Do the honour and make a wish?" Chaeyoung said and smiled at Lisa. Lisa smiled back at Chaeyoung and gather her breath.

Lisa closed her eyes and felt her heart pounding hard. 'Let me save Jennie' Lisa wished on her mind before blowing the candle on Jennie's cake.

The moment the candlelight was blown, Lisa closed her eyes with the bright light that she saw.

Lisa slowly opened her eyes and closed the ringing alarm clock on her bed table. She massages her head because of a headache she felt. "What happened?" She asked herself because the only thing she remembers was that she was with Jisoo and Chaeyoung.

Lisa looked at the mirror on her room. She stops and stares at her reflection. Her hair change, it was back to orange, her hair colour 5 years ago. And she has her braces again like 5 years ago.

"Am I..." Lisa pause and looked at the calendar on the wall. "2013?" She read the year on the calendar.

She paused for a moment realizing she's back in the past. Lisa noticed three lines on her wrist. She tried removing it but she failed.

She was startled when her phone ring, she looked at the caller ID. "Jennie" Lisa read the caller ID and quickly answer it.

"Where are you, Lisa?" Jennie angrily asked. Lisa bit her lips holding back her tears. She missed her voice.

"At my house" Lisa simply said and the tears that she's been holding back.  "Where are you?" She asked.

"Silly, I'm at the train station. Have you forgotten our date?" Jennie said while giggling. "Come here quick okay? I love you" Jennie said before hanging up on Lisa.

Lisa wipes the tears on her cheek. She checked the date on her phone and it's Christmas Eve, the day where Jennie died.

Lisa knows that this is her chance to save Jennie and make her live. She was about to prepare and meet Jennie. But she noticed stopwatch on the bed table. It was not an ordinary stopwatch.

Lisa saw that the there's the exact date today and time. But there are only two buttons. 'Adjust' and 'go back' button only.

Lisa kept the stopwatch on her pocket before preparing to meet Jennie.

When Lisa arrived at the train station, she quickly searches the area and she saw Jennie wearing the same outfit on the day she died.

Lisa quickly runs on the pedestrian lane. "Jennie!" Lisa shouted and Jennie looked at her direction. She stands on the other side of the road and waits for Lisa. Lisa smiled while walking to her.

And Jennie showed her gummy smile but her smile fades when she looked at her side. "Lisa, no!" Jennie shouted and run towards Lisa and pushed her away.

Lisa stumbled on the ground and watches Jennie fall down as she was hit by the car.

Lisa's heart was pounding hard. She waited for Jennie to respond but she didn't move. Lisa's tears fall on her cheeks.

She grabs the stopwatch on her pocket and adjusts the time where she was about to cross the road to meet Jennie then she pressed the go back button.

And a flash of light made her close her eyes.

Lisa slowly opened her eyes and she found herself standing on the other side of the road.

Lisa noticed that she only have two lines on her wrist. She placed the stopwatch on her pocket.

Lisa waited for the stoplight to turned red before crossing the road. "You're late," Jennie said as soon as see Lisa.

Lisa hurriedly went near her and hug her tightly. "Hey,  why are you crying?" Jennie asked when she heard Lisa crying on her shoulder. "Such a crybaby"  Jennie giggled while caressing her back.

"I love you," Lisa said in between of her cry. Jennie bit her lips hearing Lisa's words. "I love you so much" Lisa added. Which made Jennie smiles even more.

Jennie moves away from their hug and cupped Lisa's cheek while brushing her thumb on her cheek to wipes her tears. "I love you too, Lili," Jennie said and leaned to kiss Lisa on the lips. "Stop crying now, you're melting my heart" Jennie giggled and Lisa stopped hersel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter