101 - Fluff pt. 6

Take a Shot / Jenlisa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie was busy organizing Lisa's desk. Her boss was in a conference meeting with some of the board members of the company. She stopped throwing crumpled note pad to the bin when she saw a picture on her desk.

It was their picture together, she smiled as she remembered the day they took it. It was Lisa's graduation day.  She turned around the picture and saw a little note on the left bottom corner of it.

'les yeux de nini' she reads and left a big question on her mind what does Lisa mean on her note.

She panicked when someone opens the door and placed the picture of them in her pocket. "Good evening, Mr Manoban" Jennie greeted with a bow the moment she said Lisa's father on the door.

He looked around trying to search for her daughter, and look straight to Jennie when he failed to search for her. "She's in the conference meeting, sir. It will be finished for 10 minutes according to her schedule, would you like some refreshments while waiting for her?"

He kept his serious face and didn't answer her before sitting on one of Lisa's guest chair. "I'm good, don't mind me," He said with low tone.

He was known for being strict to his employees and to her children. And Jennie takes a deep breath before trying to leave, she felt terrified with his superiority vibe. A total opposite of Lisa, soft-hearted towards Jennie.

"Could you stay for a while?" Mr Manoban said with his firm voice without looking at Jennie. He pointed at the seat in front of him. "Take a seat, Jennie,  we need to talk"

Her knees trembled as she takes her seat in front of the father of her boss. She tried to look at his eyes. She gulped when she didn't see any emotion on him.

"I don't like you," He said a few seconds after Jennie took her seat. "Though, thank you for saving my daughter back then.  But I don't like you" He said with a harsh tone.

Jennie smiled bitterly before looking down. "I'm so—"

"My daughter adores you so much,  and I don't like it. That she's willing to give you anything" Jennie was shocked with his confession. "Don't act like you don't know that Lisa is head over heels for you?"

"She is?!" Jennie asked and raised her voice at him.  She composed herself before apologizing to her behaviour. "I'm sorry, I didn't know that, sir"

"She is since you two were young. I know because she's my daughter" He said. "But don't get your hopes up" He added. "You two can't be together"

A pain on Jennie's eyes was seen by Lisa's father. "Accept it, Jennie, people will think you're using her for money. She's your boss, and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter