31st - Canvas

Take a Shot / Jenlisa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lisa choose Jennie as her subject for her art

***

Lisa sits on a bench near the subway station in her workplace. She needs to breathe from her works. Her sponsors keep on pressuring her to create her new masterpiece. 

She's an artist for a long time, a very well known artist.  Everyone loves her work. Everyone except her. 

She felt suffocated by people who keep pressuring her to make an art. That made Lisa burnt-out from her work. 

In her every artwork, she felt so empty unlike before. Before she was famous, where no one will tell her what to do. 

'This is frustrating' She said to herself and took a deep breath. 

On the opening of her gallery, while people enjoy looking at her works, which people didn't see what's the real meaning of her works.  

Everyone congratulated her on another successful gallery. She forced a smile, people didn't see she was crying inside. 

She roams around the whole place. She stopped when she spots a girl who was busy staring at one of her work.

She walks towards the girl's direction. But the girl didn't notice that she was standing behind her. 

"How was the painting?" Lisa asked.  The girl didn't even bother to look at her. 

"She's in pain," The girl said without looking at Lisa and still staring at her work. "She's suffocated from everything around her" The girl added. 

Lisa didn't know that the girl who stares at her work is a huge fan of her. She supported Lisa on her humble beginning. She saw how her painting changes over time and it worries her.

Lisa smiled bitterly at the girl. She didn't know someone will notice her message to the world. 

"She should ask for help," The girl said before turning her head on her. She was shocked seeing the artist herself was standing in front of her. 

"I mean,  it is good" The girl looks away at Lisa. She panicked and think of an escape plan. 

"Hello?" The girl pretends that someone is calling her. The girl runs to the exit.

"Hey!" Lisa called her but the girl didn't look at her way.  She tried to chase her but a group of people approached her to take some photos. 

Lisa light her cigarette on the park bench near her studio. She watches how people from the subway walk.  

After the gallery, her sponsors asking for more. She can't produce more. She looks everywhere but she just can't find her subject. 

Until her eyes meet t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter