Excited about tomorrow

Diary Entry - Eundeok Married Life (Baekhera)

Eun’s diary

We’re leaving early tomorrow – I’m so excited, I don’t think I can sleep just yet. I will bring this diary too, but maybe I won’t be able to write in it as often. I don’t want Soondeok to know I have this diary and read it…maybe I should put it in a box and lock it up. But I guess that’ll just make her even more suspicious. I wonder if she keeps a diary herself. Anyways, I can hear her getting out of the bath so I suppose I’ll need to finish this quickly.

Ever since she moved in with me, I had to add bulwark around the bath in my bedroom...Of course she’ll leave when I take a bath, but just in case. Ugh! I used to walk around in my room, now because of her I can’t! And this summer sure is hot and I’m sweaty all the time. But no, I will not take off my clothes in front of her. Never. Oh, I want morning to come quicker!

I sure will miss my mother though…should I leave her a letter before I go? But if I do, she’ll send someone after me…but it seems wrong to leave without saying a word…If I do make it out of Goryeo, I suppose I can send the letter after I’ve settled down, that is, if I can ever leave Goryeo…

 

Soondeok’s diary

I double-checked the things we need to bring tomorrow – we’ll be taking two horses so the load should be just right. The prince seem to be bringing a lot of things – all the things he likes…I’ll need to keep my eye on him, I’ve heard that bandits are violent and numerous these days…

I’ve sent a letter to father and he sent a letter back. He wrote that he misses me a lot and would like me to have fun on the trip. He said a war may arise between Goryeo and the middle lands – and that all boats and roads travelling to and fro there has already been halted. I do hope the king won’t make him go to war again. Though father is still good, he’s getting old, I’m afraid he won’t be able to survive another one.

And the prince wanted to visit the middle lands…I think he’ll just have to wait a bit longer. I’ll make sure we won’t head up too north in our trip…but will he understand? Whatever happens, I’ll protect him. I’ve prepared my sword, my bow and arrows as well as some poisonous and sedative darts, just in case.

Mother seemed worried, but I assured her that everything will be alright. She told me to keep the wedding ring with me at all times – saying that the set of rings was given to her by a monk and that they will cast off bad luck hence the prince and I should keep it on at all times. She’s such a nice mother, I wonder if all mothers are like that. When I become a mother, I want to be someone just like her! Beautiful, wise, caring, elegant. Speaking of which, I wonder how many kids the prince wants…though to be honest, I think he’s still a kid himself.

She also gave each of us a journal to record our trip in! Such beautiful coverings and pages, I shall write everything in and perhaps paint in it as well. I better sleep now, the prince is about to blow out the candles.

Read this story with BGM and/or picture: http://my.w.tt/UiNb/4ilfhHtS9D