Ya! You ert!

Diary Entry - Eundeok Married Life (Baekhera)

Eun’s diary

Guess who came to our house today? Kyungsoo! Remember him? His father was the Royal painter in the palace and as expected, he too now works in the palace where his dad used to. I saw him as he left mother’s room, it took me but a second to recognize him. Boy, it’s been a long time! 10 years was it? I asked him why he was here and he said that his mother sent gifts to my mother because it’s going to be her birthday soon. I was glad to see him, but then remembered his father and how one day his father came to our house and took him away by force after mother’s incident, telling him never to come near me again. He seemed to have read my mind because he said, ‘My father passed away some time ago, there’s no need to worry about that now. I should’ve kept coming secretly but father kept a close watch on me…I’m sorry Eun ah.’ He also said that from now on, he’ll try to visit me more often! That cheered me up all day! Come to think of it, it was him to who taught me how to paint, well, at least know how to hold the brush correctly when I paint. He said the other guys, the guys whom we used to hang out together, had been wanting to meet up and have a drink – I told him to set a time and we can meet up then. I can’t wait for it to happen! Me, Jongdae, Chanyeol and him! All four of us! When we were young, we used to play hide-and-seek in the palace together, as well as with my other brothers. Oh, those were the good old days. I wonder if they’re still single or like me…they’ve been chained to marriage. It’d be nice to meet up and complain about our wives, I’ve got a whole list of things to complain about! Wait, I hear someone coming.

 

Soondeok’s diary

I didn’t know Eun had friends – until yesterday. One of his friend came over to give mother a present as we were having tea together. It was a young man, the same age as the prince, maybe a bit younger – handsome features, beautiful eyes and lovely, full lips. The way he smiled could melt any woman’s heart – well, second only to my husband. Wait, did I say so because I think I should be loyal to my husband or I really mean it? Anyways, he said that he would be able to come over more often now when he doesn’t have to work in the palace. Guess what? He’s a painter! I’d love to have him teach me a few tricks and techniques. I just can’t get the clouds right! I’ve tried many brush-styles, but the clouds I drew came out odd…I guess I really need to ask an expert.

Mongryong seems to have adjusted to living in our house, it basically can run around freely now! Tomorrow I’ll be having a drink with Sehun, I hope the prince wouldn’t mind…sure he wouldn’t. It’s not like he cares what I do. Besides, I’m just meeting up with an old friend, nothing else. Surely he won’t think otherwise – I hate to wear a dress, but I guess I’ll have to tomorrow, after all, I am a girl. If I start dressing like one, will Eun starts to like me? I’ve never really thought about that.

The weather is getting warmer now as Spring is arriving, but it’s still cold at night – I hope Eun won’t be sick again. During winter, he had been sick for weeks, I literally stayed up taking care of him for days straight. I really do worry about his health – it’s like he’s got a body weaker than mine! Maybe I should get him some herbs to revive his health tomorrow as I go out.

----------That night----------

‘Mongryong ah! What are you going here? It’s our bedroom!’

‘Soondeok ah, let him be. I let him in here.’

‘Your highness, I know you love him and want to play with him, but you can do so outside! Imagine if he does his business in here, what will happen? And at such late hours!’

‘You’ll clean up then, if that happens.’

‘Your highness!’

‘Stop nagging will you? I told you it’s fine letting him in!’

(Eun plays with Mongryong)

‘Ooo, who’s the good boy? You are! Look at me boy! Hand…hand! Good boy! Roll over! Good job buddy!’

(Mongryong starts running around, excited)

‘Mongryong! Mongryong ah! Stop running! You’ll hurt yourself! Come here boy, come here. Come to daddy.’

‘Your highness, I told you to keep him out. Now he’s running around like crazy! What did you do to make him so excited?’

‘Catch him! Soondeok ah, catch him! Before he bumps into things! Careful, the vase!!!!’

(Both tries catching him but he was too fast)

‘Darn it! Soondeok, can’t you be faster?’

‘Me? Oh, so it’s my fault again?’

‘He’s over there!’

(Both runs over to catch him, Soondeok hits her head on the dressing table and a box falls down)

‘Ouch!’

‘There! Gotcha! You naughty boy, why didn’t you come to daddy when I called you, hmm? I’ll let you out now.’

(Eun takes Mongryong out, Soondeok gets up and puts the box back after checking if anything’s broken inside – it was a beautiful ring)

‘Hey! Soondeok! Leave that box alone!’

(Eun runs over and snatches it away from her)

‘How many times do I have to tell you? Don’t touch my stuff!’

‘It fell on the floor, I was just making sure nothing was broken inside.’

‘Still! This is for Haesoo! Don’t you dare take it, or even touch it, understand?’

‘Hae…Haesoo?’

‘Why’d you think I bought it? For you? Ha! Don’t even dream about it!’

‘I can’t control what I dream, your highness.’

‘You fool…I didn’t mean that kind of dream! Never mind, you’re too dumb to understand.’

‘I’ll be heading off to bed…Goodnight…your highness’

(Soondeok goes to her corner and starts changing into her pyjamas)

‘Soondeok ah…I’m hungry! Get me some snacks!’

‘What? I can’t hear you!’

‘I said, get me some snacks!’

‘You get them yourself, it’s not like you have to go 10 miles to get it – it’s just in the kitchen.’

‘You’re my wife and you do what I tell you to!’

‘I told you, I’m getting ready for bed. Besides, I’m your wife, not your maid.’

(Eun runs over but halted at the sight of Soondeok changing)

‘Ya! You ert!’

(Soondeok shouts as she shields her half-covered chest – Eun wouldn’t leave)

‘Please look away! Please…please?’

‘This wouldn’t have happened if you’d gone to get my snack. Ha!’

‘I…I get it…please just go, I’ll get them for you. Stop staring at me, please…’

‘Why would I do that? Why should I “stop staring at you”?’

‘What? Your highness, please! Look away!’

‘Soondeok ah, what’s wrong? Too shy to show yourself in front of your husband?’

(Soondeok wants to scare Eun away but Eun inches forward)

‘You ert! Stop staring! What…what are you doing? Stop coming… Back off…please…’

(Eun corners Soondeok)

‘It would seem that you have forgotten, you’re still my woman – meaning you are mine, including your body. I own it, and I can use it if I want to. Get it?’

‘No…no I don’t get it. What will you use it for? It’s not like I can lend you my hand by chopping it off…is it my brain you want for memorizing?’

‘You…oh you fool! Daebak! Just Daebak! Gosh! How can you be so…Oh never mind, you really are dumb! Forget about the snack, I’m not in the mood for it anymore!’

(Suddenly both hears someone heading to their room)

‘Soondeok ah, come with me.’

‘Your highness, can you at least let me get dressed first?’

‘Mother can come in any minute! If she sees your pillows and blankets here…it’ll be all over. Come, now!’

(Eun pulls Soondeok to their bed by her hand, the footsteps are getting louder. Eun whispers to Soondeok)

‘Hurry!’

‘Prince, should I be inside or outside?’

(Eun does not answer, he pins her down on the bed and the moment he heard their bedroom door open, he started kissing Soondeok’s neck)

‘Son? I heard some noise, are you guys alright? Oh…oh dear me…’

(Mother shocked at the sight of his son pinning Soondeok down…with Soondeok’s clothes half undone)

‘Omma! What are you doing here?’

‘I thought…Eun ah…’

‘Mother, can’t you see I’m busy here? Isn’t this what you wanted? You want to ruin it?’

‘Your highness…don’t talk to your mother like that! Mother, my apologies, I don’t know what’s gotten into the prince but…’

(Eun cuts Soondeok off by pulling a blanket over them and continues kissing her neck)

‘Oh…sorry guys. I…goodnight.’

(Mother hurries out – shuts the door)

‘Prince! What on earth are you doing? What’s gotten into you? Get off of me!’

‘You think I’m enjoying this? Well, you’re wrong. Shh…mother is still outside.’

‘Can we at least come out of the blankets? It’s stuffy in here.’

(Eun looks down at Soondeok, the sound of them breathing echoes within their blanket)

‘I guess you’ll have to sleep here tonight in case mother comes and checks on us early tomorrow morning.’

‘Can I please at least go out and grab back my pyjamas? The ones you ripped off of me as you dragged me here?’

‘Go on…but walk lightly, mother mustn’t hear you.’

(Soondeok goes back out and returns, only to discover that Eun is sleeping half-)

‘Ya!’

‘Shh! Soondeok, come in quickly!’

‘Your highness, do you honestly expect me to sleep next to you, with you being in this state?’

‘Why not? I was going to sleep in my birthday suit actually. Now hurry up and blow off the candles.’

(Soondeok blows off the candles and gets in bed)

‘Soondeok ah, can you massage me?’

‘Massage? You? Right now?’

‘Yes, my back hurts and I think it’ll be better to give it a nice massage before I go to bed.’

‘If you say so…’

(Soondeok starts giving him massage, Eun purposely becomes loud)

‘Ohh, nice! Ah…oh yeah, that’s it!’

‘Your highness, can we stop now? I’m tired and my hand hurts.’

‘Harder! Please Soondeok, a bit harder, oh yes! AH, that’s nice.’

‘You want me to keep going?’

‘Hmm? Yeah, don’t stop.’

(Eventually Eun hears mother walking away – he suddenly grabs Soondeok’s hand)

‘That…that’s enough. I think that did its job. It’s getting late, let’s sleep.’

‘I’ll go and grab my blanket.’

‘Share mine.’

‘You…you don’t mind?’

‘Just tonight.’

‘Why?’

‘I’ve got my reasons – you must not talk about it with mother, understand?’

‘Yes your highness. Goodnight.’