The Plan

Diary Entry - Eundeok Married Life (Baekhera)

Soondeok’s diary

The prince is definitely up to something. I think I’m right in guessing that he’s planning to leave Goryeo when we reach the East Sea. He’s been extra nice to me today – initially I thought he was finally getting to like me…but that smile he gave me told me he’s happy to leave me soon…that kind of smile. The smile he gave when the king told me to leave the room. I think I’ll tell him of the ban once we reach the East sea, because if I tell him now, he’ll definitely want to cancel this trip altogether and head back, then our past 3 days of travel would’ve been wasted. I want to at least gaze upon the sea first before we return – it’s been a long time after all. I miss the sounds of waves crashing into the sand on the beach, the sounds of seagulls crying above, the sounds of ships docking by the port and merchants calling people over. We must be close now, because it would seem I can smell the sea from here – that salty smell I will never forget. We’re now camping outside this little town tonight because all the inn were full. If the prince hadn’t slept in this morning…we would’ve made it here before the rest and get ourselves a room. But I can’t blame it on him, he’s not used to traveling around – I should just be thankful that I’ve brought a tent with us. The tent is not too big so I suppose we’ll have to sleep quite close together. Eun wouldn’t like that – and frankly, I don’t like that either – what if he kicks me at night like last time? Maybe I should just sleep outside by the fire, I can keep the fire burning all night as well as keep the beasts away. Eun right now is taking a bath by the waterfall nearby, saying he can’t live with the sweat anymore. I should like to wash up too, maybe I’ll get up extra early tomorrow to do that before we keep going.

Eun’s diary

That surely did its job! I just bathed by the waterfall nearby, boy it was refreshing! All the dirt, the sweat, all washed away at once! Soondeok said she’ll wash up tomorrow morning – I don’t care at all, she can do whatever she wants. Soondeok’s sleeping outside the tent tonight, I kind of feel sorry for her. Should I tell her to come in? After all, once I reach the East sea, I’ll leave her forever…I’ve been good to her – it’s the least I can do, after all, I am a gentleman! I let her eat my favourite snack and helped her up her horse this morning. I even dabbed the sweat off of her! I plan to tell her buy me something when we reach the East sea – then send her off with a kiss. That way she’ll definitely do as I tell her to, then I’ll slip away and get on a ship, any ship that leaves Goryeo and I’ll sail away!

Oh, I won’t worry about Soondeok, I’ll be good enough to leave her a note or something. If I become successful, I may return and marry Haesoo because by then, Soondeok’s probably been married off elsewhere. Perfect, isn’t it? Who needs to study when you’ve got a smart mind like mine? I’m going to keep my ring though…it’s mother’s gift to me so there’s no way I’ll leave that behind.

On such happy evening, it makes me want to sing so badly! Like there’s this fire I have to let out – maybe I’ll become a singer or musician once I leave here! Mother won’t let me take lessons because I’m a prince…but no one will know I’m one when I’m away and I can travel around performing! Isn’t this just wonderful?

 

Read with BGM and/or picture:http://my.w.tt/UiNb/p1BCGWBvbE