Time to grow up

Diary Entry - Eundeok Married Life (Baekhera)

Eun's diary

I'm on my way back to the capital with the herbs. Everything happening around me doesn't make sense at all! This morning when I woke up, I found the storeroom door opened wide and outside was a box of herbs which I was looking for! Everybody's gone, not a single person left! I looked through their rooms but found nothing! I wondered if I should leave the money but they left a note on the box of herbs saying it's free! What kind of craziness is this? I just hope Soondeok can wait till I return. On my way back, I heard people talking about the king...is something wrong with him? Come to think of it, he did seem very ill last time I saw him.

After spending some nights alone with my own thought, I've finally come to draw a conclusion of my feeling towards Soondeok and how I'll treat her in the future. To me, she is and will always be my little sister. Yes, she will be closer to me than a friend – she will be my little sister. I will take care of her, as a brother would – I will do things with her like painting or going on a trip, as her brother would...that is what I can do and that's what I will do for her. I will make her happy today, tomorrow, every day, till her last. But nothing more than that. I do not want to give her false hope that I'll someday love her because I know that's not possible – I think it's my responsibility to tell her that. 

Nonetheless, when the day comes...I will to fulfill my duty as a husband and as a son. Filial piety is the least I can do for my mother...if that's what she really wants...I suppose I'll have to fulfill her wish - having kids, I mean. But Soondeok must be well enough first, I'm sure mother will understand. I will set aside my feelings for now...I think it's time I grow up and become the man Soondeok and mother can depend upon.

 

Soondeok's diary

My head still hurts from last night...I shouldn't have drunk that much. I guess someone carried me back when I out. But, on the bright side, I can now finish two jug of wine all my myself! That's indeed is a great improvement. Bogum told me about his first love last night, can you believe that? He actually had a first love! I feel like I have to do something for him...as his close friend, I shall match him up with someone. 

Maybe the Prime minister's granddaughter? But she's too arrogant...sure she's good at dancing but her attitude is just...no, for the sake of Bogum's future, I shall not even think about adding her to the list. What about Jimong's cousin? She likes to sew and likes to stay at home, a very good wife material...but maybe a bit too quiet for Bogum. We need someone outgoing, cheerful, energetic and ...with good character. I can't think of any at the moment, but I'll sure look out for it!

I saw Prince Jung today as I was walking around the market trying to buy a new set of paint brushes, he looked down – of course he would, though he did not approve of Yo's plot, he's still his brother and the queen is his mother. I wanted to say hi but on second thought, it would seem best to leave him alone for now. Maybe I should invite him to come over and wrestle with me someday – I'm well enough now, the doctor said I can run, but no riding yet. I haven't been doing much other than waiting for Eun by the window...I'm sure I could recognize him the moment he steps into the gates. He should be traveling back by now. What if something happens to him on the way? What if there were bandits? Oh man, I should've told my men to him back themselves...but then Eun would know how I tricked him into leaving.