Tonight's it!

Diary Entry - Eundeok Married Life (Baekhera)

Eun’s diary

Tonight’s it! Kyungsoo finally set a date for us boys to meet up and it’ll be at the inn tonight – the inn I’ve been going to. Kyungsoo said they all missed me and can’t wait to see me! I’ve bought them gifts – gifts all the way from India, it’s this beautiful, blue glass vase that’s just extraordinary! I got it from Yixing’s merchant line.

Speaking of which, I miss Yixing badly. I know he’s a merchant and has to travel a lot, but being away for a year really is too much! He was someone I could really talk to and share my thoughts with…I’ve been receiving letters from him via his shop in the capital, he seem to have fun traveling about. I just hope he can come back and have a rest, it’s not like travelling will make you live longer! If only I could, I would tie him to his bed just to make him sleep! But thanks to him, I’ll be able to present my gifts to my friends tonight. Hope they’ll like it.

I feel really nervous right now, just a couple of hours before meeting them! I’ll need to put on the clothes I’ve bought for this special occasion – I went shopping yesterday just to find the best outfit there is! It’s a relieve Soondeok didn’t see me back from shopping or she’ll go on and on about how I should stop buying unnecessary things. Her? She doesn’t need to know I’ll return late tonight, why should I tell her? It’s not like I need to report to her all the time. I’ll just mention it to mother.

Soondeok’s diary

Tonight’s it! Sehun Oraboni set a date for us to meet up and it’ll be tonight! I told mother that I’ll be with my brother and I got her permission. I’m not lying, brother really said he’ll come if he could. The prince seems to be in a good mood today, I wonder what made him feel so. It’s been a month since he kissed me and finally he could bring himself to look at me in the eyes again. I mean, I’ve got over it after a few days, how is it that it took him a month to get over it? He even spoke sternly to me one day telling me not to get near him – to always stay well away from him. It’s not like I’m not doing that already, but this time he added that I was to stay always three footsteps away from him. The thing is…does he know that he looks handsome even if I don’t see him up close?

Anyways, I’ll be wearing my best dress today, the one my brother bought me on one of my birthdays that got buried deep in my closet since I’ve never liked wearing dresses. I just hope I won’t get too drunk tonight – it’ll be real embarrassing to be drunk in front of my friends. Should I tell the prince that I’ll be going out tonight? Will he mind? Oh, I don’t know…if I tell him he’ll say, ‘Why do you think I’ll care?’ If I don’t tell him he’ll say, ‘Are you disrespecting me as your husband? I thought I told you not to leave without telling me!’ Oh, those moments from the temple incidents still gives me goosebumps as I think about it.

Mongryong’s been sleeping much lately – maybe because we don’t play with it as much as when we first got him. He seems to like his dog house, mother loved it as well saying how it’s work of the art so she placed it in our main courtyard for all to see once they enter our residence.

-------------------------------------------------------------

[Note: KMS: Kim Minseok, KJM: Kim Junmyeon, KJD: Kim Jongdae, PCY: Park Chanyeol, DKS: Do Kyungsoo, KJI: Kim Jongin, OSH: Oh Sehun]

KMS: ‘Soondeok ah!!! Soondeok ah!!!! Over here! Upstairs! My my! Look at you! All grown up now, eh? Beautiful young lady!’

Soondeok: ‘It’s sure nice to see you Minseok Oraboni! Junmyeon Oraboni! And Jongin Oraboni!’

KJI: ‘How did you recognize me?’

Soondeok: ‘Your skin…’

KJI: ‘Haha! Indeed!’

Soondeok: ‘But Jongin Oraboni, it would seem that you’ve become whiter now!’

KJI: ‘Is that so? My wife has been putting all sorts of lotion on me just to make it lighter. I’m glad it’s working.’

Soondeok: ‘Still, I like it just the way it is Oraboni, y tanned skin.’

KJI ‘Haha, I wish my wife thinks so!’

Soondeok: ‘Jongin Oraboni, is your wife scary?’

KJM: ‘Don’t even start! Our Jongin’s wife may look pretty and gentle on the outside, but inside she’s…not exactly evil but she’s got her way around controlling Jongin, am I right Minseok hyung?’

KMS: ‘Sure is! Wait, where’s Sehun? He should be here by now. Soondeok, let’s not keep standing, here, everyone, have a seat first.’

OSH: ‘Sorry, I had to run back to feed Vivi as I was coming…I forgot to feed him before I leave…’

Soondeok: ‘Sehun Oraboni, who’s Vivi?’

KMS: ‘Ah, Vivi is Sehun’s pet dog.’

Soondeok: ‘Oh, so his name is Vivi! How cute!’

KMS: ‘Junmyeon ah, let’s order food now, shall we?’

KJM: ‘Yes, Minseok hyung. Excuse me! Over here!’

----------

Eun: ‘My gosh! Jongdae, is that you?’

KJD: ‘Oh, Your highness! How did you recognize me? We haven’t seen each other for a while. I’ve missed you!’

Eun: ‘Ah, because as I was coming over I heard your voice – I’ll never be able to forget your voice!’

KJD: ‘Really? Hahahaha, please, your highness, have a seat! Kyungsoo and Chanyeol should be here soon.’

Eun: ‘Just call me Eun for tonight.’

KJD: ‘Your highness…’

Eun: ‘Please, I insist. Oh, looks like they’re walking up the stairs now.’

PCY: ‘Your highness! How’ve you been?’

Eun: ‘Chanyeol!!! How are you buddie? It’s been a while, and Kyungsoo, nice to see you again. Yes, I’ve been…okay I guess. Haha, please sit down, order whatever you want, all on me tonight!’

DKS: ‘Your highness, please, let me pay tonight, you’re our guest.’

Eun: ‘Nonsense! I’m paying! Also, don’t call me ‘Your highness’ tonight, just call me Eun, okay? Now, let’s order our food!’

----------Later----------

(Sound of Soondeok’s table reaches them)

PCY: ‘Oh? Isn’t that the royal baker dining over there? What’s his name again? Kim…Kim Minseok is it?’

KJD: ‘I guess so, and there’s Kim Junmyeon, Kim Jongin and Oh Sehun – they’re friends, that I know, but who’s that beautifully dressed girl over there, with her back facing us? Aren’t they all married?’

DKS: ‘Sehun’s not married – that I’m sure. I know him, the palace ordered lots of things from his company, but indeed, why do I find that lady somewhat looking familiar?’

Eun: ‘If you guys want to, we can say hi! How about that?’

(They started waving towards them)

OSH: ‘Ah, the wine here sure is wonderful! I just love this entire atmosphere, the candles, the decorations…Uh? Hold on…someone’s waving at us…’

KJM: ‘Hyung, can you pass me that kimchi? Thanks. What…who? Where?’

OSH: ‘Over there…over there, sitting by the window, all four of them.’

KMS: ‘Ah! Aren’t they working in the palace? I think I’ve seen them before…’

OSH: ‘Ah! I remember! Kyungsoo works as the royal painter – that I know, he came to my shop several times. Soondeok ah, you should stop drinking…you’ve had one pot of wine already!’

Soondeok: ‘The wine here is really really nice. Daebak! Jongin Oraboni, how’s the chicken? I’ll have some too.’

KJI: ‘Hmm…this chicken is nice. Here, have some. Ah, over there, Park Chanyeol, he’s the musician I’ve been wanting to hire for the palace events…but he keeps rejecting me, saying that he likes to perform freely wherever he wants whenever he wants. What a shame, he is probably the best musician in all of Goryeo.’

KMS: ‘I know that guy over there…Wait…we have Kim Jongdae too? I didn’t know he’s friends with them.’

KJM: ‘Who?’

KMS: ‘Jongdae! He’s the physician that opened up the hospital downtown – providing cheap healthcare to the poor. I remember the king himself once met him and praised him of his service. I wonder why he’s here.’

OSH: ‘Then who’s that other guy over there? He seems rich, by the look of that outfit – is he the son of the Minister of War?’

KJI: ‘No, that’s Prince Eun, 10th prince…I’ve been sending invitations to him to enter the palace…but he rejects them most of the time. His mother got kicked out of the palace a long time ago…Sehun ah, can you pass me that piece of chicken?’

Soondeok: ‘Eun…Eun…Prince Eun? My Eun?’

OSH: ‘That’s it, Soondeok, you’ve had enough wine.’

Soondeok: ‘Oraboni, please, just one more cup…’

KJM: ‘My Eun? Wait, your husband is Prince Eun?’

Soondeok: ‘Handsome, charming…childish…my Eun…’

(Soondeok doze off with her head on the table)

KMS: ‘What a shame…Soondeok had to marry the 10th prince…she could’ve married someone much better – what a waste.’

KJI: ‘Exactly my point! You think Soondeok was forced into this marriage by her father?’

OSH: ‘Ehh…I don’t think so. Think about it! Her father, the Grand General, has everything already, why would he use his daughter? He didn’t need to form more ties with the royal family, I mean, her elder daughter married the king already!’

KJM: Let’s finish off and go home – Soondeok can’t get home too late. We’ll need to carry her back I’m afraid.