2nd Anniversary

Diary Entry - Eundeok Married Life (Baekhera)

(Morning, Soondeok wakes up first – she gazes upon Eun’s face, griming as she enjoys every inch of his face.)

Soondeok’s Diary

Happy 2nd anniversary! Well, I don’t even know why I’m writing it here but heck, I’m so excited this morning! Can you believe it? 2 years! 2 solid years of me being with the prince! I’m happy for those times, I’m glad I survived till now and I’m grateful that heaven has blessed me with those precious memories we’ve made together. I don’t deserve to be loved, yet I’m thankful that the prince loves me dearly, I’ll hold on to this, in the years to come. One day, when he falls in love with someone else, I’ll still welcome her with a smile on my face – I don’t mind, I love him over all these.

It pains me, to see my prince being tortured by nightmares – he had another one last night. He looked so pale, he was sweating and shivering like a dog who almost drowned. I wanted to comfort him, I wanted to tell him it’s all fine, but I couldn’t – no matter how hard I tried, his past is still haunting him every now and then. Hope it won’t affect his mood today, I’ll try my very best to cheer him up, that’s the least I can do. And one day, when I get my hands on the evidence, I’ll punish Queen Yoo for good. She did this to my love, I won’t let it slide.

Bath today. To be honest, I still don’t want it to happen, but the prince said it’ll bring us closer together and I’d want that. I want to be close to him, I want to be that someone he can be himself around, I want to be that person whom he can put his trust entirely in. I love him, the love I have for him today seems to be much greater than that I had for him when we got married, will I ever survive this love? My life, seems too good to be true.

------------------------------------

(After a while, Soondeok decides to prepare food for their picnic that day so she heads to the kitchen, Eun still sound asleep. He bounced up once he felt the other side of the bed empty the moment he wakes up.)

‘Deok ah! Soondeok ah! You here?’

(Silence)

‘Where…where in the world is she? I ought to hang a bell on her...where could she be? Aish…I wanted to give her my kiss on the bed today…’

(Eun washes up real quick then goes around searching for his wife. At last, he finds Soondeok in the kitchen chatting with maids as she’s kneading cookie dough. Eun slowly walks up to her and gave her a back hug.)

‘Honey!!!!!!’

‘Oh! Your highness! You’re awake! How-’

(Eun kisses Soondeok on the lips before she could finish, Soondeok pushes him away.)

‘Good morning, Deok ah~ You slept well?’

‘Your…your highness…there’re…there’re people here…’

(Soondeok looks down as she blushes, Eun frowns then stares at the maids, the maids quickly run out of the kitchen without uttering a word. Eun smiles when they’re alone at last.)

‘Now, shall we continue, hm?’

(Eun lifted Soondeok and have her sit on the table as they kissed, Soondeok wraps her arm around Eun’s neck while trying to avoid touching him with her dough-covered hands)

‘What are you doing here, Deok ah? Leaving me all alone in our room…I thought you promised me you won’t leave me.’

‘I’m sorry…you feeling better now?’

‘It’s just a stupid dream, that’s all…’

‘Honey…’

‘What…what’s this?’

‘Ah, this? You said you wanted to catch birds again today, didn’t you? I’m just preparing some food for our picnic…some cookies. You like cookies, don’t you?’

(Eun pouts)

‘Soondeok ah, didn’t we promise you’d make cookies with me last time? Why are you doing all this be yourself again today?’

‘Ahh…right…I forgot…sorry.’

‘Well, that ain’t stopping me! Here, let me knead it with you.’

‘Uh. Hold up. Oppa, wash your hands first.’

‘My hands are clean.’

‘Still, wash it.’

‘Fine. My dear wife~~~’

(Eun comes back from washing his hands and holds it out for Soondeok to inspect)

‘Good, all clean. Now, your highness, if you’ll just-’

(Before Soondeok can say anything else, Eun’s lips stops her – his lips kissing Soondeok while his hands knead the dough with Soondeok’s. Eventually, Soondeok breaks off.)

‘Oppa…what…what if someone comes in?’

‘Let them. Who cares? That’s what married couples do. More?’

(Eun leans close, Soondeok pulls back)

‘Honey…if we keep this up, we’ll never finish this today.’

‘Fine…’

‘Good boy~ Now, help me knead this while I prepare something else.’

‘Sure! Like this?’

‘Oppa, don’t knead too hard! Ya!!! Stop attacking the dough! You’re going to make the cookies crumble too much if you knead it that hard!’

‘Oh…then, like this?’

‘Hahaha, Oppa. Not that soft…agioo… Here, let me show you. Like this…’

(Soondeok places her hands over Eun’s and kneads the dough with him, Eun can’t keep his eyes off of Soondeok the entire time.)

‘Like this, now you try-’

(Soondeok looks up and sees Eun grinning at her)

‘What…what’s wrong, Oppa? Is there something on my face?’

‘Oh yes, there is.’

‘Where?’

‘Here!’

(Eun dabs a piece of dough on Soondeok’s nose then runs away, Soondeok chases him around the kitchen)

‘YA! Oppa!!! Why did you do that?’

‘You look cute~ Dough nose~’

‘Oppa! You get over here! I’ll show you what’ll happen if you mess with my cookies! Come here!’

‘Try to get me!’

(Eun sticks his tongue out, Soondeok keeps chasing him)

---------------------------------------------------------

Eun’s diary

I got kicked out of my own kitchen, literally! Ha, I was just joking around with Soondeok’s cookie dough and she got real mad. I love to see her mad, she’s cute like that – the way she scrunches up her nose, the way she pulls her lips down, the way she just stares at you which will make your heart stop. Well, today’s it. If it weren’t for that stupid birthday party, I would be free to have her tonight, but still, I’ve waited for this long, I can wait another day or two.

I had the worst nightmare last night. I mean, nightmares, I’m used to having them, but last night’s was different, Soondeok was involved, and I can’t let that pass. It feels like someone’s coming after her, that someone is trying to kill her, could that someone be me? If I really have that curse, am I killing my wife by keeping her with me? Yet I can’t stand a second without her, I can’t live without her, but what if that’s what I’ll have to do in order to protect her? It’s only our 2nd anniversary, I want to spend more time with her, I want to hold her hands till our hair turn grey, I want to be able to play with our grandchildren together with her, I want to travel everywhere with my wife, will I be able to do that?

---------------------------------------------------------

(Soondeok and Eun in the field, waiting for a bird to come, Eun can’t hold it in anymore)

‘Deok ah…I’m bored…I don’t think any birds will come…my legs hurt…’

‘You’re the one who suggested it, Oppa, I mean…honey.’

‘It was more fun back then…’

‘That’s because you had nothing else to do back then, during the drought... It’s different now.’

‘You’re right. I remember how happy I was when we finally caught that bird. But then you broke its neck…ewww…’

‘You’re the one who said you wanted to eat it…how else would we eat it? You wanted to have it raw? Come to think of it, why did you get mad? I killed the bird for nothing…’

‘I don’t know…I just…hate it, that’s all…’

‘Oh well, it was a nice day for me – I got to hold your hand for the first time... And I saw you smile…that was something big to me in those days.’

‘What about now?’

‘Still makes my heart flatter sometimes. Sometimes…’

‘Uh? Sometimes? Ya, Soondeok ah, you want to die? You said something like this last night as well, you must’ve not love me anymore…’

‘Well what do you expect? If my heart beats like crazy every single time I look at you smiling at me, I’d die of a heart attack 100 times over already! It’s not like you don’t know how deadly your smile is yourself…’

‘That, I’ve got to admit. Fine, I’ll let it slide this time…Oh? Hear that?’

‘Hm?’

‘Shh…Deok ah, hear that sound? Is it from the bush over there?’

(Eun gets up and walk over to the bush, Soondeok follows)

‘What is it, Oppa?’

‘Shhh, look! Over there…birds…I told you we should’ve set our trap here…’

‘I can’t see it…where, where?’

‘Here, Deok ah, crouch next to me, see them now?’

‘Oh, wow! They’re really fighting like mad.’

‘Soondeok ah, what say I go over there now and catch them?’

‘No way! Oppa, leave them alone.’

(Soondeok stands up to leave)

‘Let’s go, Oppa.’

‘You’re not watching? I thought you’d find it fun watching them fight.’

‘Well, it would if that’s what they’re doing, Oppa. But I don’t think it’s appropriate to watch them mate, do you?’

‘Mate?’

(Eun stares at the 2 birds again)

‘You…you’re right, better leave them alone…’

(Eun quietly backs off, both of them returns to their old place)

‘You like animals?’

‘Hmmm?’

‘I mean…I’m just asking, Deok ah…if you like animals or not…’

‘I love them, animals are like my friends.’

‘Yet you broke that bird’s neck…’

‘Ya!!!! I did it for you, Oppa.’

‘Still…How…how’d you know those two birds were…were…’

‘Who wouldn’t? Ahhh…I suppose a prince wouldn’t. The thing is, Oppa, I grew up with my dad – in the wild, it’s hard for me not to know these things.’

‘And yet you don’t know how humans make babies. Man, that just makes PERFECT sense, doesn’t it?’

‘That’s different…Oh! Oppa! Did you know how praying mantis mate?’

‘No…not…not really interested to know that myself anyway. Insect really isn’t my style…’

‘Well, guess what? After they mate, the female will eat the male’s head!’

‘WHAT?!’

‘Interesting, isn’t it? The male would actually die for the female just to produce offspring! Amazing, right?’

‘No~ That’s unfair! Why can’t it be the other way around?’

‘Because it’s the females who nurse the babies, Oppa.’

‘I should be thankful that I’m not a praying mantis then…just imagining it…ew…’

‘Yeah, like you’d actually die for me…’

‘Hm?’

‘Nothing…kkkmm…gosh, the bugs…let’s go somewhere else…’

(Soondeok about to move when Eun holds her hand and stops her)

‘I will, Deok ah.’

‘Excuse me?’

‘I will, die for you, Deok ah. I will.’

‘Just forget about it, honey…that was just a stupid question…’

‘I mean it.’

(Eun brings Soondeok’s hand to his chest)

‘This heart…this heart is beating because of you, Soondeok ah. If I can, I’d give you my heart to keep you alive…and one day, should there comes a day when I must…I’ll die for you.’

‘I doubt it…’

‘Why? You still think I’m that good-for-nothing prince you married 2 years ago?’

‘Oppa, stop calling yourself that…’

‘I will die for you, Deok ah…just like a praying mantis~’

(Eun flexes his arms to look like a praying mantis and hops around, Soondeok laughs)

‘Oppa~ Stop it~ You’re hilarious!’

‘Catch me~’

‘Ya~ Stop hopping about, you’ll hurt yourself. Besides, praying mantis don’t hop, grasshoppers hop!’

‘Catch me, catch me, Deok ah~’

(Soondeok jumps onto Eun and both of them roll about on the grass, giggling under the sun. Eun hovers over Soondeok and blocks the sun for her, he looks down at his beautiful wife – red from running about. He leans down and kisses her, Soondeok responds this time, making Eun want to give her more. Eun stops before it gets out of hand.)

‘Well…it’s…it’s been a wonderful afternoon...I…’

‘What’s wrong? Why’d you stop, honey?’

‘Deok ah…I…we can’t do it here… Soondeok ah, what say we go back now?’

‘Now?’

‘If…if you want to, that is. I mean…we can still do other things when we get home…you know…like…hmm…’

(Soondeok reads Eun’s thought)

‘You want to take bath with me sooner, am I right?’

‘Oh no no no, not at all! That’s not what I meant…I mean…’

(Soondeok gives Eun the ‘questioning’ look, Eun keeps his head low)

‘Gosh…why do you always read my mind, Deok ah?’

‘Alright! Let’s go home now.’

(Soondeok packs things up, Eun can’t believe his ears)

‘So, we’re really going back home? Really? Now? You’re not…you’re not going to ask to stay till sunset or something to stall time?’

‘Why should I? We came to have lunch, we did that. We came to catch birds…well, we did that as well, so…’

‘Oh, I thought…you know…you’d be scared or something.’

‘I am…but…what’s bound to come will come. Here, Oppa, let’s fold the picnic mat together – you grab that corner.’

‘I can’t believe you’d agree to it instantly.’

‘Well, if you keep insisting, I suppose we can stay here till sunset for all I care!’

‘No! I mean…this is good, very good.’

‘Oppa, you know, you look like a little boy who’s shocked because he asked for a present and actually got it after nagging for a long time…’

‘Little boy, huh? Do you still look at me as a little boy, huh? After all that I’ve done to you?’

‘Like what?’

‘You know what I mean.’

‘Well, you’re a man at night…when in day-time, you’re my little prince~ There, all packed up. Let’s go.’

(Eun hugs Soondeok from behind as she’s about to get on the horse, Eun kisses her on the neck)

‘Ya~ Oppa, it tickles~~ Hahaha! Ya~ Stop it~’

‘Say that I’m manly now, Deok ah, or I won’t stop.’

‘What’s wrong with you? Ya~ Stop it, it’s ticklish! Ya~ Where’re your hands at? Ya!’

‘Say it.’

‘Hahaha, alright alright! My husband is manly even now, okay?’

‘Say it like you mean it.’

‘Aren’t you being too much?’

‘I suppose I can keep you in this position then~’

‘Okay, fine~’

(Soondeok turns around and pecks Eun on the lips)

‘You, my dear husband, is very VERY manly right now – not only at night.’

‘Really?’

‘Really – and even if it’s not, just take it as a sweet lie~’

‘Honey, I love you. You know I love you, right? Soondeok ah~’

‘I know that. Come on now and let go of me~ I thought you wanted to get home earlier and…you know…’

‘I consider the ‘NOW’ more valuable than anything else, Soondeok ah.’

‘Race you back?’

‘You weren’t paying attention, were you, Deok ah?’

‘Last one back has to blow off the candles for a week straight!!’

(Soondeok jumps on her horse)

‘Ya! That’s not fair! Deok ah!!! I’ll beat you this time, I swear!!’

----------------------------------------

(Back home, Eun chasing Soondeok around the house after getting off their horse)

‘YA! PARK SOONDEOK!!! I’ve been blowing out the candles for weeks straight! It’s your turn!!!’

‘I won~’

‘You cheated! Ya! You get back here!!! Come back here!!’

‘If you can catch me, I’ll blow them out for a month!’

‘You said it yourself! You’re dead, Deok ah!’

(Eun keeps chasing Soondeok. Finally, he got hold of her arm and pulls her to himself, then wraps his arms around her waist and spins her around.)

‘GOTCHA!!!’

‘Oppa! Hahaha, you’ll fall! Stop spinning~ YA!!!’

(Suddenly Prince So comes out of their living room and sees them, obviously, he’s been waiting for their return)

Soondeok: ‘Oh…So Oraboni!’

Eun: ‘What?’

(Eun looks up and sees his hyung, he quickly puts Soondeok down and greets him)

Eun: ‘Uh…how have you been, hyung?’

So: ‘I see you two are getting along well.’

Eun: ‘Yes, hyung.’

(Silence)

Soondeok: ‘So Oraboni! What brings you here? Is His Majesty alright?’

So: ‘He’s fine. Ah…I’m here because…I have these tickets…’

(So gives them the tickets)

Soondeok: ‘Wow! Tickets! To…to where?’

So: ‘Well, originally, I planned to watch this show tonight with Haesoo but…she’s not well so.’

Eun: ‘What? Haesoo?! Hyung! Is Haesoo alright? How’s she? Is it serious? Is…’

(Eun suddenly remembers Soondeok’s here)

Eun: ‘I mean…’

So: ‘She’s fine. It’s just that…her legs, it hurts every now and then, you know…after that incident.’

Eun: ‘Please take good care of her, hyung.’

So: ‘I will. Anyway, I didn’t want to waste this so…I thought of you guys.’

Soondeok: ‘Thanks Oraboni! Oh, Oraboni! When Haesoo’s all well, what say we go hunting together?’

Eun: ‘Deok ah.’

Soondeok: ‘Oppa, it’d be fun! Just the four of us!’

So: ‘Well, if Soondeok doesn’t mind, I suppose I can arrange that.’

Eun: ‘Honey...’

Soondeok: ‘Awesome! Autumn then it is! Oraboni, you’d better tell His Majesty about it, you know how hard it is for him to let you go on a holiday.’

So: ‘I will. And you two, enjoy the show tonight.’

Soondeok: ‘We will! Oh! Oraboni! By the way, did you see the tree over there, the one you gave us on our wedding? Today’s our 2nd anniversary!’

So: ‘Is it? Wow! I should get you two a gift then!’

Soondeok: ‘Tickets~ These are already great gift to us, Oraboni.’

(So looks at Eun)

So: ‘Well, I must get going…have fun tonight.’

Eun: ‘Yes, hyung. Thank you, again.’

So: ‘That’s what brothers do…I miss the good old days... It’s good to see you smile just then when you were playing around with Soondeok, reminds me of the old times.’

Eun: ‘Yes, hyung.’

So: ‘Take care.’

(So leaves, Soondeok looks at Eun)

‘Oppa…are you still scared of Oraboni?’

‘Wh-what? Just…just a…a bit…’

‘Honey…So Oraboni is not as scary as he looks-’

‘I know…it’s just that…I did something to him before that…I still feel sorry about…that’s all.’

‘I see…well, I hope you guys can mend that when we have our hunt in autumn.’

‘Ya. Now that you mentioned it. WHY THE HECK did you suggest that?’

‘We’re going to have a hunt then anyway…the 3 of us…so why not invite Haesoo as well?’

‘Deok ah…I’m sorry, back then, I was a bit, you know…over…about Haesoo not being well and all.’

‘Oppa, that’s alright. Come on! You think I’d be jealous over something like that? I’m not like you, Oppa!’

‘Not like you? Ya! What do you mean?’

‘You know…when I hang out with friends…male friends…you’d get jealous and…but I won’t, I promise.’

‘Kkkmmmm…I wasn’t jealous back then…I was just…keeping you out of danger. Anyway, let’s put this ticket inside our room – when does it start?’

‘It says…6pm…it’s 4 now so, I guess we still have some time.’

(Both of them go into their room to put the ticket away)

‘Oppa, I think I can put the ticket in here myself, you didn’t have to follow me in.’

‘Well, I came in here just to make sure.’

‘Make sure of what?’

‘That you won’t run away, Deok ah.’

‘Me? Run away? Why in the world will I run away?’

‘You will if you don’t want to take a bath with me, you’d jump out of the window for all I care!’

(Soondeok laughs as she takes a step forward and look at Eun in the eyes)

‘My dear husband, if I were to jump out of the window right now, well, what will you do?’

‘I’d stop you for sure!’

‘Hmmm, is that so? Well, let’s find out!’

(Soondeok takes off and runs towards the window, Eun speeds across the room and catches her by the arm just before she could open the window. With that, Eun picks Soondeok up, carry her on his shoulder like a cargo and stroll out of their room.)

‘Ya~ Oppa!!!’

‘You think I didn’t know, did ya? I knew you’d test me. Now, enough talk, Deok ah, let’s take a bath~~~’

(Eun whistles as Soondeok giggles, kicking in the air as Eun playfully spanks her softly. At last, Eun locks themselves in the bath house and puts Soondeok down.)

‘Phew…well, are you going to run away now, Deok ah? Because you can if you want…and I ain’t got any more energy to chase after you now…’

‘No, honey, I won’t run away…’

(Soondeok looks down shyly, both of them not knowing what to do next.)

‘Well…umm…I suppose…I suppose we need to take our clothes off…you know…for the bath…’

‘Yes, your highness…’

‘Kkm…well…Should I…or…maybe I should…’

‘I should…’

(Both of them reaches out to untie each other’s clothes but not knowing how to start, both smiling nervously as they hesitate awkwardly)

‘Deok ah…what say we scrub our backs first before we jump into the tub?’

‘That sounds nice, your highness.’

‘And Deok ah…stop calling me “your highness”…why’re you suddenly calling me that?’

‘I…I don’t know…it just came out like this…nervous I guess…’

(Eun knows how scared Soondeok is now so he takes a step forward and touches her cheek)

‘Soondeok ah. Just know that, you’re beautiful and perfect in every way in my eyes, got it? I love you.’

‘I love you too, Oppa…but…I’m scared…’

(Eun holds her hands tight)

‘We’ll do it slowly, Deok ah, okay?’

(Soondeok nods, Eun smiles, then an idea pops up)

‘Deok ah~ I’ve just thought of an idea!’

‘What is it?’

‘Let’s play scissors-paper-rock! Whoever loses will have to take off one layer of clothes! That way it won’t be so awkward~’

‘What are you talking about?’

‘Like this! Scissors-paper-rock!!’

(Eun wins, so he steps forward and takes away Soondeok’s outer garment)

‘Ya! Oppa!’

‘That’s how it goes~ See if you can win me, Deok ah.’

‘You’re dead, Oppa. I’ll make sure you lose – ! Scissors-paper-rock!’

(Soondeok wins)

‘HA!!! Told ya I’ll win! Oppa, take this off~’

(Soondeok takes Eun’s outer garment off)

‘Ya, Deok ah – this is two pieces! You can’t do that! You can only take my belt off now and if you win later, then you can take this off.’

‘The belt and this is counted as one piece, Oppa.’

‘No it’s not!’

‘Yes it is!’

‘Aish! Fine~ Scissors-paper-rock!’

(Eun wins)

‘HAHA! Now it’s MY turn!’

(Eun takes off Soondeok’s inner dress)

‘Ooohhh~~~ Now we’re getting somewhere~’

‘I still haven’t given up yet, Oppa! Scissors-paper-rock!’

(Eun wins and proceeds to take another layer off of Soondeok)

‘Deok ah, you’ve only got one piece left~ Ooolala~’

‘Just wait and see, Oppa. Scissors-Paper-rock!’

(Soondeok wins and pulls Eun’s inner layer away)

‘Aha! Told ya! Oppa~ Now you only got your pants and underwear left~’

‘Look who’s talking! I wouldn’t be so loud if I were you~ Scissors-paper-rock!’

(Eun loses again and starts to panic)

‘Ya! That doesn’t count! Deok ah, that doesn’t count! Start again!’

‘I won this round, Oppa~’

‘No, wait…hold on a sec!’

‘Take your pants off, Oppa~ Take it off!’

‘Wait…Just wait will you?’

(Eun tries to run away from Soondeok who’s trying hard to pull his pants down)

‘Deok ah, calm down!’

‘Then take your pants off! Ya~ It’s not fair if you don’t!’

‘I will! Heck, I will! Just…I’ll do it myself!’

(Eun does it, very very slowly)

‘Oppa, what do you have to be shy about? Seriously! I should be the one hiding in a hole right now!’

(With that Soondeok jumps forward to Eun and tries to pull his pants down, Eun runs away, Soondeok chases behind him. While chasing about, Soondeok slips and grabs hold of Eun’s pants – then, everything went down with Soondeok as she falls on the floor - everything)

‘OW!’

‘Deok ah! You alright? Soondeok ah, you alright? We shouldn’t run in here…here, let me help you up.’

(Soondeok looks up at Eun and freezes, Eun looks down at her again then realizes that he’s – completely – . He quickly covers himself with his hands and falls back onto the floor.)

‘Ya! What…what are you looking at?’

(Soondeok breaks down in laughter, she can’t stop herself)

‘Oh my gosh! Hahahaha, I…oh dear me! Gosh, I can’t stop…Hahahaha! Gosh! Oppa! I won! Oh man! Look at you! Oh boy oh boy! It does look different up close!’

(Eun blushes as he smiles at his wife who’s still laughing hysterically.)

‘You…you saw it?’

‘It…How can I not?! It’s right in front of me! Hahahaha, please don’t make me laugh anymore, Oppa…oh, my stomach hurts…’

(Eun walks over to the scrubbing area of the bathhouse and calls out to Soondeok)

‘Deok ah! Hurry up now! Scrub my back~’

‘Coming!’

(Soondeok goes over and sits behind Eun, wets a sponge and splat it on his )

‘Ohh~ That’s cold!’

‘Bear it, Oppa. That’s how soldiers shower in camps.’

‘You’ve seen them shower?!’

‘Oppa! Of course not! I’m just saying…’

‘Scrub harder, Deok ah~’

‘I’ll get the soap, hold on a second.’

(Soondeok gets up to get the soap, Eun’s eyes follow her)

‘Deok ah. You’re not going to take them off? Your…last-line-of-defense~’

‘Hmm? Oh…this? I…I…I’ll take them off when we go into the bathtub…’

‘Suit yourself.’

‘Here. I’ve got the soap. Wah…Oppa, your back’s like…bony…don’t you have any muscles on your back?’

‘I do have muscles! Ya! It’s already improved, Deok ah, after I carried you for so many times – look here, my arms, huh! And here, my shoulders!’

(Eun slaps his shoulders to make his point)

‘Look at these! There are muscles here! Feel it yourself!’

(Soondeok feels around Eun’s scapula)

‘Well…it’s thicker than when we first got married I guess…’

(Soondeok continues to scrub Eun’s back)

‘Oppa. Which part of your body do you like the most?’

(Eun laughs nervously)

‘I’ve got to be frank. It’s not exactly a part…but I like this mole on my thumb the most.’

‘Why?’

(Eun looks at his left thumb closely)

‘It looks special I guess…It makes me special, at least it made me feel special.’

‘Speaking of which, you’ve got quite a few Oppa.’

‘Which one do you like the most?’

‘The one on your ear is cute, but I think I like the one on your lips the most~’

‘You mean this one?’

(Eun turns around and points at the mole on his upper lip, Soondeok smiles)

‘Yes, this one~’

‘It seems plain to me, this one…’

‘Well, I like to look at it when I kiss you on the lips, Oppa.’

‘Care to demonstrate?’

‘Aigoo…another excuse from you?’

‘Come on! It’s our 2nd anniversary after all!’

‘Alright alright~’

(Soondeok brings Eun’s face close to her and have her thumb run over that special mole, she grins as she looks at it then kisses on his lips)

‘Sweet goodness, Deok ah. What did you do to make me want to kiss you more?’

‘It’s not what I did, Oppa~ It’s what you want…’

(Eun looks at his wife’s face, admiring every part of it, he touches her hair with his fingers)

‘Now…Deok ah, it’s my turn. Turn around.’

‘Hm?’

‘My turn. I’ll help you scrub your back.’

‘Oh. Okay…I’ll need to help you wash off some soap first though…’

(Soondeok scoops some water then pour it on Eun, washing away the soap as she rubs his body gently, Eun keeps his eyes on her every movement, grinning as he feels her love)

‘There~ All clean! Deok ah, your turn! Turn around now!’

(Soondeok hesitates at first but then listens obediently, she crosses her arms in front of her chest)

‘Aigoo, our wife’s beautiful back~ Your hair’s quite long now, you thought of cutting them?’

‘No…Married women aren’t supposed to cut their hair, Oppa.’

‘There’s such thing? It sounds stupid…’

(Eun bundles Soondeok’s hair loosely in his hands then pulls them over her left shoulder to the front, exposing Soondeok’s back. He runs his fingers over her shoulder gently and smiles)

‘Relax, Deok ah, I’m not going to bite you.’

‘I…I am…relaxed, Oppa.’

‘Liar…look at your shoulders, all tensed…aigoo, you need a massage, honey.’

(Eun massages Soondeok)

‘Oh! Wow! Soondeok ah, you’ve got a strong back man! No wonder you said my one is…my oh my! Look at you! You can lift a cow with this muscle of yours!’

‘Well, you’re exaggerating Oppa…It’s just from shooting, that’s all. How’d you think I won Prince Jung in wrestling?’

‘I can see why now.’

‘Do you…do you not like it?’

‘Of course not! Besides, I know how much you love shooting and all, I can’t possibly tell you to stop doing those things, can I?’

‘I will if you tell me to.’

‘Stupid girl. Love yourself more, will you? Aigoo, I’m adding soap now~’

(Eun starts to scrub Soondeok’s body)

‘Deok ah…your br-…you mind untying it? It’s tied up across your back, I can’t rub it well enough.’

‘You mean, you want to untie my undergarment?’

‘You don’t have to if you don’t want to.’

‘Go…go ahead, Oppa…’

‘You sure?’

‘I’m ready…’

(Eun unties the first of the 3 knots, it starts to get loose)

‘Aish…all these knots…no wonder it tangled up a few nights ago! Look at this!’

‘Can…can you untie it this time?’

‘Hmm? Oh, yeah…yeah, I got it…’

(In fact, Eun’s still struggling with them. Eventually, he unties all of them and pulls it away, letting it land on the floor.)

‘Phew! Finally!’

(Silence. Eun senses Soondeok tensing up, obviously, she’s still not used to being in front of her husband, even if she’s having her back to him. Eun continues to scrub her back in silence.)

‘Honey.’

‘Y…yes?’

‘I must’ve frightened you last night…sorry about that.’

‘Oppa, don’t be…I wish there’s something I can do to help you…It torments me to see you this way…’

‘I tried to make myself forget, Deok ah…about my past…but the thing is…memories don’t stay in the mind…they stay in the heart.’

‘You alright?’

‘Yeah…I’m fine.’

(Eun stops scrubbing and just freezes, deep in thought – Soondeok touches his hand on her shoulder)

‘Oppa, what say we go into the tub now?’

(With that, Soondeok walks over and gets into the tub, Eun follows in, both of them facing each other in the tub.)

‘Soondeok ah, aren’t you coming to my side?’

‘It’s…It’s fine here…’

‘Then I’ll go to your side.’

(As Eun waddle over to Soondeok, Soondeok waddles in the opposite direction)

‘Ya~ Deok ah, stop getting away from me!’

‘I’m not! I just…you know…happen to find it…pleasant to move around this way~’

‘Liar, you get over here now!’

‘Says who?’

‘Says your husband!’

‘What if I don’t? My dear husband?’

‘Ooohhh, you’re teasing me now, aren’t you?’

‘A bird hunted for is more precious than a bird in a cage, Oppa.’

‘You’re right, my little dove. I’ll hunt you down right now!’

(Both of them proceed to splashing around the bath tub, Eun tries to catch Soondeok while she tries to stay out of his grasp. After a splashy battle, Eun finally catches Soondeok and wraps his arms around her, embracing her back, pulling her close to him)

‘Gotcha!’

‘Hahaha! Oppa~ Let go!! Alright alright! You got me~ Aigoo…such a kid.’

(Eun turns Soondeok around and kisses her, he brings her close to him as he kisses deep, Soondeok wraps her arm around Eun’s neck.)

‘Oppa. You want to play a game?’

‘What game, my angel?’

‘Let’s see how long we can hold our breath under water, Oppa. Come on! I’d be fun!!!’

‘Deok ah, just so you know, I grew up with my brothers and we play this often in the pool as kids. There’s no way you can beat me.’

‘We’ll never know~’

‘How about this? We kiss under water, and the first one to come up loses. Deal?’

‘Deal!’

‘On the count of three! One, Two, THREE!!!’

(Both of them go underwater and kiss – before long, Eun gasps for air as he tastes defeat)

‘Ohh yeah! I won~ Oppa, I told ya!’

‘One more time~ Please, Deok ah~ One more time~’

‘Oppa, why can’t you just accept the fact that I won?’

‘You win everything, Deok ah, it’s not fair…’

(Eun pouts. Soondeok decides to let him win this time so she agrees)

‘Fine fine fine…last one, alright?’

‘Really?’

‘You ready Oppa?’

(Eun nods madly like a little boy)

‘1, 2, 3!!’

(Both of them go underwater again and stayed there for a while – This time, Soondeok ends first, on purpose.)

‘WOOHOO!!! Deok ah! I’ve won!’

‘Indeed…I guess…I guess you’re the expert after all.’

(Soondeok pants and pretends to be out of breath, Eun grins at her.)

‘Soondeok ah.’

‘Yes, Oppa?’

‘You didn’t have to let me win you know.’

‘I…what do you mean? You did win, Oppa!’

‘Fool…you think I don’t know?’

‘I…I was…so what do you want me to do? If you lose you’ll be upset…if I let you win you’ll still be upset…Gosh! What do you want from me?’

(Soondeok turns around with her back facing Eun, she’s a bit mad at Eun. Eun laughs then embraces Soondeok from the back, wrapping his arms around her tummy)

‘Deok ah~ I just wanted to spend more time kissing you, that’s all~’

‘Oppa…’

‘Look at you, suddenly getting all serious and mad. I was just having fun with you~ I’m not angry, Deok ah, alright? So you shouldn’t be angry as well...okay?’

‘You’re really unpredictable, Oppa.’

‘I am…sometimes I don’t even know myself…’

(Eun catches a glimpse of Soondeok’s s from behind, Soondeok senses Eun’s gaze and quickly covers it up with her arms across her front and tries to get out of her husband’s embrace)

‘Ya! You ert!’

‘Me? I’m your husband! It’s mine to see anyway~’

‘Still…’

‘Aigoo…at night you keep begging me to satisfy you and now you won’t even let me look at it, let alone touch you…you’re truly one confusing woman, Deok ah.’

(Eun kisses Soondeok behind her ear)

‘Well…Oppa…do you…’

(Soondeok puts Eun’s hands on her chest)

‘…like this…confusing woman?’

(Soondeok looks at Eun, Eun smirks slightly)

‘You’re going to regret this, Deok ah~’

(Soondeok whispers in his ears)

‘Make me.’

(Just as Eun is about to make a move, a maid calls out from outside)

‘Your highness! The carriage for you and Lady Soondeok will arrive shortly.’

(Eun sighs as he gets interrupted)

‘Aish…WHAT IS IT?’

‘Your highness. I said, the carriage for you and Lady Soondeok will arrive soon.’

‘Carriage? What for?’

‘The show tonight, your highness! The venue is on the other side of the city, your highness, I suggest your highness quickly get dressed or you’ll be late.’

(Eun sighs again, Soondeok answers)

‘Thanks for letting us know. You may leave now.’

‘Deok ah…I don’t want to go…’

‘Oppa, it’s So Oraboni’s present, of course we have to go! Hurry up now.’

(Soondeok gets out of the tub and dries herself up, Eun follows – both of them drying themselves in speed of light)

‘Deok ah, who dries their hair like that?’

‘Hmm? Like what?’

‘Like that! You’re basically just messing your hair with a dry towel, Soondeok ah.’

‘It’s the quickest way, Oppa – that’s how all men dry their hair in the camp.’

‘But you’re not a man, Deok ah!’

‘Well, how about you, your highness. How do YOU do it?’

‘Like this.’

‘Waa…your hair won’t dry till tomorrow, your highness, at this rate. Now hurry up! Where are the bath robes…ah, here! Come on!’

(Soondeok puts on her bathrobe than unlocks the door and hastens back to their room, Eun follows – half-willingly)

---------------------------------

(After the show, both of them took the carriage to a restaurant and had dinner there. After that, they decided to walk around the night market – as time is getting late, it’s time for them to return.)

‘Soondeok ah, let’s get back now.’

‘Oh, but Oppa! There’re so many fun things to do out here!’

(Then Soondeok yawns)

‘See? Look at you…before long you’ll collapse on the road. Come on, we can come here another time, but right now, you need to rest – let’s go.’

(Eun takes Soondeok by the hand and both of them begins their walk back)

‘Beautiful isn’t it, Oppa? All these colourful lanterns.’

‘No, not really.’

‘You don’t find it beautiful? Colourful?’

‘Soondeok ah…what colours are there?’

‘What do you mean, Oppa? You mean the lanterns? You can see for yourself! Over there! There’s a blue one, my favorite, then there’s a green one, lots of red and orange ones…’

‘Are they?’

‘You…you can’t see it, Oppa?’

‘Well…the thing is, Deok ah…the moment I started loving you…everything besides you suddenly became black and white to me.’

(Soondeok looks at Eun, Eun smiles sweetly at her)

‘Oppa…’

‘What is it, sweetie?’

‘I’m touched. Very touched…you don’t mean it do you?’

‘I mean it, really.’

(Soondeok gives Eun a kiss on the cheek)

‘Agioo~ A kiss for making my heart flatter for the 100th time today~’

‘100th time?’

‘Well…actually, I’ve lost count.’

(A sharp pain hit Soondeok like a dagger, Soondeok stops for a moment)

‘Deok ah! You alright? What happened?’

‘I…It’s nothing…’

‘Nothing? You don’t look good though. Was that another chest pain?’

‘It’s no big deal, Oppa.’

‘This won’t do. Here.’

(Eun squats in front of Soondeok)

‘Get on.’

‘Oppa…’

‘Get on my back, I’ll carry you.’

‘It’s a long way off, Oppa…and I’m heavy…’

‘Just get on! I said I’ll be fine, really!’

(Eun wiggles his , motioning Soondeok to get on. Soondeok tries to hold back her laughter as people walking by starts staring at them)

‘Alright Oppa…but let me know if you can’t…’

(Soondeok gets on his back and Eun stands back up again, carrying the woman he loves on his back)

‘Ah~ Now things are really getting romantic.’

‘You alright, Oppa?’

‘I’m not as weak as you think, Deok ah.’

‘How did you find the show, Oppa? The one we just watched.’

‘The drama’s nice…I wish it’d end differently though.’

‘How?’

‘If only the boy would tell the girl he loves her earlier…maybe the girl would marry him instead of marrying someone else.’

‘But both of them had a happy family in the end, Oppa. Isn’t it good?’

‘I suppose…in a way. Yet I can’t help but feel sorry for the boy…’

‘Maybe if you let Haesoo know you like her earlier-’

(Eun jumps up to stop Soondeok from finishing her sentence)

‘Ya!’

‘Stop mentioning her, Deok ah.’

‘But…isn’t that why you feel sorry for the boy? Because you see yourself in him?’

‘Stupid girl…that’s not what I meant.’

‘The boy reminded me of Bogum…if only he told his first love about his love for her before-‘

(Eun jumps up again)

‘Oppa! Stop it!’

‘Soondeok ah, there are 2 names I never want to hear from you again. One, Haesoo; two, Bogum. Don’t even utter that jerk’s name in front of me, understand?’

‘Why?’

‘I don’t like him.’

‘Jealous?’

‘Very. You’re his first love, I can’t stand the thought of you being in someone else’s heart.’

‘You still can’t prove that I’m his first love…it’s just your assumption.’

‘I’m always right on things like that.’

‘Aigoo~’

(Soondeok rests her head on Eun’s shoulder)

‘Oppa~ You’re the only one in my heart, you know that. The only man I love in this entire universe is you – 10th Prince Wangeun, the most charming prince in all of Goryeo. Cheer up now~ It’s our 2nd anniversary after all.’

‘You started it. Now it’s your job to cheer me up, Deok ah.’

(Soondeok looks at the shadow in front of them, so she starts to make different shapes of the shadow with her hands)

‘Awooo~ This is a wolf, Oppa.’

‘What?’

‘Look at the ground, Oppa. The shadow.’

‘Oh, I see it. It does look a bit like a wolf.’

‘And this is a bunnie~ It hops like this~’

(Soondeok moves her hand around Eun’s head, Eun chuckles as he pants – he’s getting tired, and Soondeok senses it)

‘Oppa, I can walk on my own now.’

‘Nope. I won’t put you down.’

‘You don’t have to do this you know.’

‘Are you looking down on me now?’

‘No, I’m not. I just-’

‘Listen, Soondeok ah. You think I can’t make it? Well guess what? I’ll make a pledge now. I will NOT put you down tonight – until we return to our room. If I fail, then I’m no longer your husband Wangeun!’

‘Why are you making this pledge out of the blue, Oppa?’

‘To prove how much I love you!’

(Soondeok laughs)

‘You don’t need to prove it, Oppa. Let me down now.’

‘Never! What I said, I’ll do! We’re almost there! I can do it.’

‘You sure you can last that long?’

‘I’ll have to make myself last that long – for you~’

‘Then I suppose you’d want a prize if you succeed.’

‘Will you be the one giving me the prize?’

‘Sure~ I’ll prepare something real special for you if you can make it back home, Oppa.’

‘Good! I can do it!!! POWER!!!!! I got that POWER!!!!’

-----------------------------------

(Eun drops Soondeok on their bed and he collapses afterwards, too tired to move a single muscle of his. Soondeok jumps about on their bed)

‘You did it, Oppa! You did it!!!!’

‘Indeed…I…did…it…woohoo…’

(Eun raises his arm to cheer then let it drop flat on bed again)

‘Honey, you know…I’m very impressed, I thought you’d give up mid-way, but you didn’t! How did you do that?’

‘You…you’re not really…that heavy…’

‘Liar~’

‘I guess…I guess I just love you…a lot, Deok ah.’

‘I think I’m gonna tear up, my dear husband, I’m touched~’

(Soondeok goes around their room and blows out all the candles except the one next to their bed)

‘Let’s sleep now, Oppa.’

‘Sure…I need that.’

(Both of them crawl into their blankets – Just then, Soondeok did something unexpected)

‘Ya! Soondeok ah!’

‘What?’

‘You can’t just throw away all your clothes like that! You mad? Why’d you want to sleep tonight?’

‘Because I’m hot, Oppa. It’s summer and it’s really really hot at night. You said so yourself, how cool it is to sleep on summer nights.’

‘Still…’

‘Besides, what do I have to be afraid of now? We’ve seen each other plain and clear already! Now, it’s your turn!’

(Soondeok attacks Eun as Eun tries to keep his clothes on)

‘Ya ya ya! Deok ah, calm down! You can’t strip a grown man!’

‘Why not? I know you want it.’

‘I’ll do it myself, Deok ah.’

‘Why?? You’re scared?’

‘Wait…what? YOU asking ME if I’M scared?!’

(Soondeok nods mischievously.)

‘Wa…Park Soondeok. If you were half as passionate this afternoon as you’re now…wa…you’re really something, aren’t you?’

‘Enough talk, Oppa. I know you’re tired, so I’ll help you out.’

‘Don’t kiss-’

(But it’s already too late. Soondeok’s lips took control over Eun’s body as she slowly help Eun out of his clothes. Eun shuts his eyes to enjoy every move Soondeok makes. Soondeok presses her ear on Eun’s chest)

‘What can you hear?’

‘Your heartbeat, Oppa.’

‘Can you hear my heart screaming for you?’

(Soondeok chuckles)

‘Am I supposed to?’

(Eun hugs Soondeok)

‘Aigoo, our Soondeok’s all grown up now.’

‘What do you mean, Oppa?’

‘I’ve been a good teacher, haven’t I?’

‘I suppose so…wait…of what?’

(Eun brushes Soondeok’s hair)

‘Deok ah. Promise me you won’t hide anything from me from now on, okay?’

‘I promise.’

‘Good girl. Good girl. Now, let’s sleep, you need to rest – you had chest pain because you’ve been staying up lately, Deok ah.’

‘Sing me a lullaby, Oppa, will you?’

‘Sure~ Here, sleep now, head on the pillow, I’ll put you to sleep…’

‘What about you?’

‘I’ll watch over you, darling~ Good night, I love you.’

‘I love you too…your highness. Happy 2nd anniversary~’

(Eun kisses Soondeok on her forehead)

‘2nd anniversary…we’re together. We’ll be together till our 50th anniversary, 60th anniversary, Deok ah, I promise.’

(Soondeok snuggles closer to Eun, Eun pulls the blanket up and starts singing)

‘Close your eyes and listen carefully to my story
Before my story ends, you will dream
Little star tonight
All night, I will watch over you

When I first met you, it was truly eye-blinding
When I first saw your smile, I felt like I had the whole world
Little star tonight
All night, I will watch over you

When I see you fast asleep in my arms
I can’t take my eyes off you for a second
You’re so pretty – I feel like my breath will stop
How can I fall asleep?

My love, my everything, my angel from heaven
My two eyes, my world – you stole them all
Little star tonight
All night, I will watch over you’ {Song name: Little Star by Standing Egg}

[Note from author: Thank you all for waiting~ Sorry I can't update often, but I won't stop, no worries ^.^]