Sehun Oraboni!

Diary Entry - Eundeok Married Life (Baekhera)

Soondeok’s diary

Finally! I’ll get to see Sehun today! I’ll be leaving in just a moment – I should be able to return by night fall. I really wanted to grab a drink with him at night, but it wouldn’t seem appropriate for me to do so – oh but the atmosphere at night is way better! The music, the lanterns, the people, the cheers! Oh well, maybe some other time. Last night scared the wits out of me, Eun actually saw me undressing! I should’ve changed faster…no, I should’ve just gone to get his snacks. My heart leaped out as I saw him standing here staring at me…he had this weird grin on his face, one I’ve never seen before, it was there for a split second then he was back to his normal self…And of all the times! Mother came in after hearing us arguing loudly – she sure was shocked to see the sight of his son kissing me on bed. I was shocked myself! I mean, it came so quickly I didn’t know how to react! It was like one second I was being dragged across the room as the prince pulled my skirt away and the next he pulled the blanket over our heads as he kissed my neck! Unbelievable! I’m definitely not going to let that happen again. My heart raced so fast I was afraid I’d die! Though I’ve got to admit, the prince looked extra charming from that angle – and his kisses…soft, but in a way with force and control. I wondered why he’d done it, all night long as I listened to his peaceful breathing sound as he sleeps, I wondered why he had done all these things, just because mother came in? I wanted to ask him this morning, but he’s already left the room when I woke up. I guess he didn’t want to leave any memories behind, he told me not to talk about it, even when mother asks.

Come to think of it, it was my first time seeing his bare chest and broad back last night. It looked really smooth and extremely light in colour, unlike those I’ve seen in the soldier camps. No, his was different – it was special, and I got to see it. I can’t help but blush every time I think about it…I think if I look into the mirror now, I’ll find my face as red as an apple! Oh dear! I think I need to cool off.

 

Baekhyun’s Diary

Soondeok just left, so I can finally enter my room again. To be frank, I didn’t expect it to happen so unexpectedly, and after what happened last night, I can’t bring myself to look at Soondeok, that’s why I’ve been staying out all day, playing with Mongryong. If only mother hadn’t come in then! The moment I heard her footsteps I panicked, then without thinking, I grabbed my wife’s hand and dragged her to our bed while pulling her outer skirt off. I’m sure it shocked her very much, I shocked myself! The first time I kissed Soondeok’s neck, I did it because I had to – to keep mum from looking into Soondeok’s corner with her blanket and pillow spread out, and to convince her that I’ve been nice to my wife. Yet the second time I kissed Soondeok, it didn’t seem forced, it just came naturally, like I’ve been wanting to do it for a long time. And this morning when I opened my eyes and saw her sleeping by my side, I actually smiled uncontrollably. Please tell me that’s only because I’m a man and that this is my instinct…and not because I have actually started to like her! Please tell me that it’s normal to feel your heart wanting to jump out of your chest when you kiss a girl, that it’s normal to want more, that it’s normal to want to say, ‘You’re beautiful’, that it’s normal to embrace her and make her yours. Oh please! Someone answer me! Even as I think about it my heart is beating fast, what is wrong with me?

 

-------------------------------------------------

‘Excuse me! We’d like two bottles of wine over here, and a couple of your best dishes.’

‘Yes sir, we serve the best seafood pancakes here! How about a plate of that?’

‘That’d be nice, thanks.’

‘I’ll bring your food over in just a second.’

(Waitress comes back with food and wine – Sehun pours wine for Soondeok)

‘Sir, you don’t have to do that – I should be the one pouring wine for you.’

‘Nonsense! You’re my friend’s sister, of course I’ll have to do this – and you don’t have to call me sir, just call me Oraboni.’

‘Will that be alright?’

‘Certainly! Ah, a cup of wine for myself. Here’s to our friendship!’

‘Cheers!’

‘Ahhh! Nice!! Soondeok ah, this inn serves the best! The very best! It’s got excellent wine, food’s delicious, great service and best of all, amazing atmosphere! Listen! They even hired musicians to play here, these musicians also play in the palace sometimes so you can imagine the quality of their performance.’

‘Indeed Oraboni! You men sure love places like this, look at all those beautiful ladies crowding over there.’

‘Normal men will gaze upon their looks, extraordinary men like myself will gaze upon their character.’

‘Yeah right, as if you really don’t mind their appearance and only look at their character.’

‘I do indeed, though I wish my wife could be perfect in both areas – so far I’ve found none that can live up to that standard, so I keep a dog instead.’

‘Haha! Oraboni! What kind of joke is that?’

‘I consider myself married to my job, here, have another cup of wine. So…enough about me, how about you? How’s your married life?’

‘I wouldn’t call myself married at all – well, I am…but I don’t live like one. Nonetheless, I’m really happy, happy that I can be with the love of my life all day long.’

‘Hmm, sounds like a one-sided love.’

‘You got that right. My, this pancake is awesome! Here, try some, ah!’

‘Mmm, really nice.’

‘So, do you still keep in touch to the other boys? The boys who used to come over and play with us?’

‘Well, most of them moved out of the capital – they’ve mostly become officials serving in different cities around the country. Some stayed like myself…oh, who do we have…let me think… Ah! We have Minseok hyung! He’s become a baker working in the palace, in short, the king’s Royal Baker! I tell you, hyung makes this mind-blowing bun, you’ve got to try it one day.’

‘I’d love to! I guess I can visit him in the palace when I go there next time – will he recognize me?’

‘Probably not, but he’ll surely remember your brother. Then we have Junmyeon hyung – he had top score in the entrance exam and am now in charge of managing the country’s water source and drainage system. Amazing guy he is – I remember he didn’t like running around with us as much, but he’s always smart in solving problems.’

‘Is he the one that helped me get my ball from the tree with nothing but a rope?’

‘I can’t remember, probably. Oh, and then there’s Jongin – he’s the same age as me, he’s now working in the palace, overseeing all special events that takes place – dance, music, decoration, guest invitation everything! I’m not sure if you remember the King had this huge birthday celebration celebrating his 50th birthday, Jongin was the one in charge of it! People say that ever since he’s taken charge of events in the palace, every single one went smoothly and accident-free!’

‘Wow! Amazing!’

‘Indeed, it would seem I’m the only one stuck here below.’

‘No! Don’t say so, you saved me from your workers, remember?’

‘Oh that? I guess that was heroic of me, right? Oh, speaking of which, I’ve already sent your dog house to your home.’

‘What?’

‘I can’t possibly make a girl carry that all the way back, can I?’

‘But I told mother…’

‘Worry not, just say you’ve stopped over at my shop to get some toys for your dog!’

‘Thanks, Oraboni. You know what, maybe you should set a date and all of us can meet up together!’

‘What a wonderful idea! I’ll let you know as soon as the date is set. Oh, listen! They’re about to play their latest piece of music! Look at all those people!’

‘My! Did all the girls in town come here just to hear them play, Oraboni?’

‘Probably!’