Mother's suggestion

Diary Entry - Eundeok Married Life (Baekhera)

Eun’s diary

I can’t believe my ears when mother suggested us visiting the temples next week! I was going to ask for her permission for another trip anyway but she said she’d like to visit the temples! All at once, I feel light and full of joy, like I can fly all the way to the moon – that kind of feeling. Soondeok can be with mum while I can go around by myself! How awesome is that? We plan to leave the day after the festival…that boring festival we have to attend every year on the 9th day of the 9th month where we drink wine and stuff…BORING! But, at least this year I’ve got something to look forward to – the trip that comes after it! Sure the temples are quiet and lifeless, but that’s just the perfect place for me to relax and do absolutely nothing in, except to perhaps fool around in the stream, catch a few fishes occasionally. The weather’s not as hot now which will be a relieve, no more sweaty rides!

Soondeok told me who that Bogum guy is. It’s just her friend, nothing to worry about. I just found out that her mother died when she was born…is that why she’s been so nice to my mother? I suppose I should be thankful both my parents are still alive – I’ll be real good to mother on this trip, I promise!

By the way, mother thought of renovating our room – she’ll remove the bath area and turn that to study and leisure area! Fine by me, that way I won’t have to worry when I bath in the bathhouse outside anymore! Soondeok’s been painting ever since we came back from our previous trip. I like it, it’s like seeing your little sister growing up and learning something new each day. Though to be honest, my study corner is getting kind of messy now, with paper over the floor, on the desk, in my shelves…I’m afraid it’ll invade further into our bedroom soon if we don’t clean it up. I think I’ll need to tell her to do it.

Soondeok’s diary

We’ll go on another trip! Mother suggested we go to the temple this morning when we had tea together! It’ll be after the Nine-nine festival! How awesome is that? The creeks and the forest will be just perfect in autumn! I’ll be sure to bring my tools so I can paint a lot when I get there. Mother can paint too, so I suppose we’ll have some nice bonding time together.

I saw the prince wondering around my desk as I came in just then…He was frowning a bit, I suppose I will need to clean this area after this, it has been getting a bit messy I’ll admit. Luckily, he didn’t find my sketchbook where I keep my paintings and sketches of him, he’d be mad if he finds out I’ve been painting him secretly – let’s just hope he won’t.

Eun’s face is so handsome, no one can resist wanting to capture any moment of it! I like it the most when he’s sleeping or when he’s really focused on doing something, like the time when he was reading the maps and working out the route we’ll go on for our trip.

I tried protecting myself with my blanket the night before, but the prince still found a way to elbow me right in the stomach. Is that why my chest pain returned? I have been taking medicine accordingly already…I literally have only a few inches of bed to myself last night…Eun was right when he said he takes up a lot of space when he sleeps on our first night…he sure was right! Maybe I should sleep outside while he sleeps inside…