Eve

Diary Entry - Eundeok Married Life (Baekhera)

(Eun finds himself and his beloved wife reading under a tree outside the city, overlooking the fields, both of them enjoying the moment. Suddenly, the entire sky darkened, lightning flashed, thunder cracked – and the next thing Eun knew, his wife is in his arms – an arrow shot into her chest)

‘Deok ah! What happened? Oh no! You’ll be fine, Soondeok ah, you’ll be fine. I’ll get you to the doctors now!!’

(As Eun tries to help his frail wife up, Soondeok holds his hands and smile weakly at him)

‘It’s alright…I won’t make it anyway…let’s spend this time together…I want my last moment to be…just us…like this…’

‘Nonsense! You’ll be alright, Deok ah. I promised you didn’t I? I’ll protect you! You won’t die!’

‘You…you’ve already tried your best, your highness…but fate isn’t something we can…we can decide…I love you…’

‘No…no…NO! Soondeok ah!!! Deok ah!!! Open your eyes!!! Wake up!!! Deok ah!!!’

(Thunder cracks, Eun engulfed by darkness, he could feel that he’s being chased, he’s running for his life – a deep voice echoes around him)

You killed them, you killed all of them – they all died because of you. Because of you.

‘Who are you? Stop coming after me? What did I do wrong?’

You killed them, you killed all of them – they all died because of you. Because of you. And your wife, the one you love, will die too because of you.’

‘NO!!!!!!!!!’

(Eun screams himself awake, sitting up on the bed, panting, shivering, sweating, heart thumping hard against his chest. He looks around the room in terror and tries to shout away the memory of his nightmare. Soondeok heard the prince scream so she got up and lights a candle.)

‘Your highness, you alright? Oh dear, look at you! What happened? Are you coming down with a fever? Oh honey…’

(Soondeok reaches out to touch him but Eun jumps out of bed and hides in a corner of their room)

‘Don’t touch me, Soondeok ah! Don’t! Stay away from me!!’

(Soondeok walks over to his trembling husband and tries to comfort him)

‘Oppa…it’s just a dream. I’m here, aren’t I?’

(Eun sobs in fear)

‘Deok ah…I don’t want to…lose…you…but you were…in my dream you were…you were…oh…Soondeok ah…help me…’

(Soondeok embraces Eun tight as he holds on to his wife like there’s no tomorrow)

‘They…they died because…because of me, Deok ah…’

‘No, your highness. No they didn’t.’

‘They died…and you…I…I need to leave, I need to stay away from you. I can’t let it hurt you too!!!!!’

(Eun tries to get on his feet but too weak to even do that. Soondeok keeps comforting him with her sweet words. Eventually, Eun calms down.)

‘Now, Oppa, let’s get back to bed, you need some rest.’

‘I’m scared, Deok ah…what if I have that nightmare again?’

‘I’ll hold your hand the entire night, your highness, I’ll be right here next to you, don’t you worry.’

‘Gosh…it’s like I’m a kid…I…I told you I’m good-for-nothing…’

(Soondeok looks into Eun’s eyes)

‘Oppa, it’s alright to have fear – fear helps us grow, it’s alright to fear something. But don’t let that stop you from seeing the many beautiful things you have now. I’m here, and I’ll stay here to protect you, alright?’

‘P…promise?’

‘Promise. I’ll hum you to sleep, like a baby~’

‘Oh Deok ah…if only I hadn’t had that dream…’

‘Everything’ll be alright, your highness. Just think of the many happy things we can do when morning comes! We can go on a ride, have picnic, read together – and our bath.’

(Soondeok rubs Eun on his chest)

‘Now you got me too excited to sleep, Deok ah.’

‘Try to think of these things now, Oppa, it’ll help you sleep.’

(Eun pulls Deok close to him to sleep in her embrace)

‘You’re right…you’re here with me now…what do I have to be afraid of? I love you.’

‘I love you too, Oppa.’

(Soondeok kisses Eun on his forehead and pats him to sleep – it took a long time for Soondeok to sleep though, she was clouded with worries for the prince.)

 

[Note from author: Apologies dear friends, but since school has started, time is something which I lack, and along with EXO's comeback, time has indeed become something much yearned for. Of course I can still upload often, but then the quality won't be as good, and I fail to see the purpose in that. I value quality over quantity and hope you all will understand. It may be some time before I update the next chapter, the one all has been waiting for - their 2nd anniversary. Please wait~ Take this opportunity to come up with your own 'happy & perfect' version of their 2nd anniversary~ Comment if you like. Who knows? Maybe I'll get EVEN MORE inspiration from there! Till next time (hopefully soon)~~~]