Tell me how!

Diary Entry - Eundeok Married Life (Baekhera)

------------------A few day later (Evening) ---------------------

‘Nice and warm?’

‘Yes Oppa, Goodnight.’

‘Uh? We’re not talking tonight? You’re just gonna sleep like that? I’m sad…Deok ah…’

(Eun pouts. Soondeok brightens up as she looks at Eun)

‘Well, my dear prince – Mr. Boyfriend, what do you suggest? Any interesting topic?’

‘Hmmm…what should we talk about? Love?’

(Soondeok thinking)

‘Umm…Oppa…now that you mention it…I’ve been wanting to ask…’

‘Oh, go ahead, ask. What is it?’

‘I…I’m not sure if I’ve heard it right but…according to So Oraboni…love is something we can make…I still don’t get it…’

‘Hm? Love can be made? That’s new! Isn’t love something we feel?’

‘Exactly my point! Maybe I’ve heard wrong…’

(Eun suddenly gets it then laughs)

‘Oh I get it! Hahahahaha, oh, hyung’s been naughty. Did he tell you that himself?’

‘He wasn’t talking to me…I heard it but he said he was talking to himself…’

‘Soondeok ah, could that term possibly be….hahahaha’

‘Oppa! Stop laughing!!’

‘Oh dear, did hyung say the words “make love”? Did he?’

‘Yes! Those were his exact words! What does it mean?’

(Eun can’t stop laughing)

‘My my, why do we always hit this topic before we sleep? Well, Soondeok ah, I’m more interested in what YOU think it means.’

(Eun tries to hold his laugh in)

‘I think, Oppa, love is something that we can make! Like…making a cookie or something. Oppa, didn’t you say you’re having a hard time loving me? Maybe it’s because you don’t know how to make it!’

‘So, Deok ah, you think, if I know how to make “love”, then I will be able to love you?’

‘You got it. That’s what I think. Don’t worry Oppa, when we reach the capital, I’ll go around and try to find the method of making love for you. Trust me! I know many people in the market, I’m sure I’ll be able to find the answer and teach you soon.’

‘What a show that will be!’

‘Why?’

‘You think people will tell you how to?’

‘I’m sure if I ask nicely…they will…after all, when there’s a will, there’s a way!’

‘Aigoo…idiot…’

‘What? Ya! Oppa! Stop calling me an idiot!’

‘I mean, what kind of idiot don’t know what make love means? At your age! Gosh!’

‘Well, do you? Do you know? You talk like you do, but do you? Huh?’

(Eun laughs)

‘Well, Soondeok ah, just so happens, I DO know how to!’

‘Really?! When did you learn to do that?’

‘Aigoo, Soondeok ah, you’re just so innocent! I told you I know how to make babies didn’t I?’

‘Oppa! Stop changing the subject! I was talking about making “love”, not “babies”! Stick to the topic will you?’

(Eun blinks)

‘What did you say? Ah…of course…you think they’re two different things…’

‘Isn’t it?’

‘Wa…Park Soondeok, I’ve come across all kinds of problems in my life, you’re giving me a real hard time man!’

‘Never mind Oppa, this is getting us nowhere…’

(Soondeok turns around to sleep, Eun pats her on her shoulder)

‘Soondeok ah, let me give you a hint. Making love and making babies are…related.’

‘Hm?’

‘Oh please get it by now! I don’t want to tell you everything myself! How embarrassing…’

‘Really? So…they’re related…let me get this straight…You know how to make babies hence how to make love…ah…I’m starting to see a connection… I get it!’

‘Tell me what you think, Deok ah – let me hear you out.’

(Soondeok gets excited and sits up on bed)

‘Oppa! I get it!’

‘Go on! Tell me, Deok ah!’

(Eun sits up, listens with expectation)

‘Oppa, to make babies, we need to make love first!’

‘Good, good! You’re on the right track, go on.’

‘You know the methods to make both, right Oppa? Well, all we need now are the ingredients, like making cookies! And “love” is an important ingredient for making babies – “kiss on lips” is also another ingredient! By mixing all the necessary ingredients, we can make what we’re after!’

(Eun blinks)

‘Deok ah…what are you talking about?’

‘Isn’t…it?’

(Eun sighs)

‘Forget it. At least I’ve tried…’

‘Ya! Oppa! Did I get it right or not?’

‘Of course not! Ya! You idiot! How can you compare making babies with making cookies?’

‘Then it’s like making a sword then? You need to melt all the iron then pour it in a cast then…’

‘Never mind, I give up…you’re hopeless Soondeok ah…hopeless…Aish!’

(Eun sleeps, Soondeok fists him)

‘Oppa…you’re mean. You know the answer but won’t tell me...I hate you!’

‘You’re right…why can’t I tell you? Why can’t I just tell you?’

‘Exactly Oppa! Why can’t you tell me? It’s not like it’s a secret or anything…even if it is, I promise I won’t let anyone know!’

‘It’s not that, Deok ah…Aish! Fine! I’ll tell you! I’ll tell you everything! You better not blame me!’

‘Go on! Tell me already! How do we make babies?’

(Eun sits up)

‘It’s…well…it’s like…planting! Yes, planting!’

‘Planting?’

‘Umm…not EXACTLY but close to it…’

‘Then that’s easy…easier than I thought.’

‘Hmm…what do we need for planting, Deok ah?’

‘We need seeds, of course, and soil…’

‘Yes…it’s similar.’

‘Really? Where do we buy the seeds?’

(Eun blushes)

‘The seeds…I have them, Deok ah.’

‘Really? When did you buy them? Where did you hide them? At home? In your pocket? Do they sell it in the market? Which shop was it?’

(Mental breakdown. Eun screams in his pillow, frustrated)

‘Deok ah…I…I don’t buy them…I make them, you see…’

‘Oh? How?’

‘I…I just do.’

‘Where are they now?’

‘Somewhere…safe…with me.’

‘Oh, really?’

(Soondeok searches Eun’s body)

‘Ya! Soondeok ah! Stop it!’

‘Did you hide it somewhere here? Or are they in your bag in the other room?’

(Eun grabs Soondeok’s hand)

‘It’s…not important now…’

‘Oppa, what about the soil? Where do we plant it?’

‘Well…where do babies grow in?’

‘Mothers! Oh, I get it! So the seed is planted in the woman! I get it! But…wait…I don’t have soil in my tummy, Oppa. Do I have to eat soil?’

‘Daebak…Deok ah…I’m only saying it’s SIMILAR, I’m not saying it’s exactly the same…have some senses! How on earth will a human have soil in them?’

‘Then…how do we get the seeds planted?’

(Eun swallows, Soondeok looks at him)

‘Somehow…somehow it’s planted…Deok ah…’

‘Ya, Oppa! Of course I know that! That’s my question! HOW is it planted?’

‘Deok ah…please don’t make it harder for me…gosh…I give up.’

‘Oh, but Oppa! I understand a lot more now! Come on! I’m getting close, aren’t I?’

(Eun sleeps)

‘Forget it! That’s as far as I will go tonight! Why do we always talk about this before sleep? Darn it! Good night!’

‘Oppa…are you mad? I’m sorry…I was just curious…’

‘It’s not your fault…Deok ah, I’m just frustrated, that’s all.’

‘I love you, Oppa.’

‘I know.’

‘I’m going to say that to you every day, Oppa.’

‘Why?’

‘Because I want you to know that I do, every day, every single day. Oppa~~~ I love you~~’

‘Aigoo, my angel, you never fail to cheer me up in the end.’

(Soondeok sleeps, Eun embraces her)

‘Oppa, I think I need to meet Haesoo when I get back.’

‘Hm? Why?’

‘I need to ask her for something…’

‘What?’

‘The key to Oppa’s heart.’

(Eun turns to look at Soondeok, he places her hand on his chest)

‘Darling, why do you need the key when you live in it already?’

‘That’s the thing, Oppa, I don’t.’

‘I told you, you’re in my heart, didn’t I?’

‘I…’

(Silence. Eun smiles mischievously then suddenly searches Soondeok’s body)

‘Ya! Oppa, what are you doing? Ya! Watch where you’re touching, you!!’

‘Deok ah, give it back! Why did you steal it? Where is it?’

‘What do you mean? I didn’t take anything! Oppa! Stop it!!’

(Eun grabs Soondeok by her arm then stares at her)

‘Deok ah! Why did you do that?’

‘W-why did I do w-what? Oppa, what did I take from you?’

‘Ya, Soondeok ah…Why did you take away my heart? Why did you steal it? Did you ask for my permission before you take my heart away? Where did you put it? Tell me, where is my heart? Give it back!’

(Eun continues to tickle Soondeok, both laugh)

‘Oppa! Hahaha! Stop!’

(Eun stops, he kisses Soondeok on the cheek)

‘Deok ah, you attract me more and more each day. You know that, right? So enough of that Haesoo nonsense, hm?’

‘Are you saying…you love me now?’

(Eun nods)

‘I do, Deok ah. I think I do…’

‘Then say it, I want to hear it.’

‘What?’

‘The words, “I love you”, I want to hear it from you, Oppa.’

‘I…I…I…lov-I…I…Damn it! Why can’t I…get the damn words out?!’

(Eun slaps his own mouth, Soondeok touches Eun’s face)

‘That’s because your heart’s not ready yet, Oppa. I know you.’

‘Deok ah…’

‘It was a nice try at least, Oppa. Take your time, bit by bit…we have time, don’t we? Oh dear…I’m tired. Goodnight, Oppa.’

‘Goodnight, my beautiful girlfriend, my one and only.’

(Soondeok smiles)

‘I love you, Oppa. Sweet dreams.’

 

[Note from author: Sorry guys~ It's a short one today, I don't know when I can update another one again - been busy lately...Hope you enjoyed it!]