My Dream Prince IX

Unexpectedly Expected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

One morning . . .

 

“Lady Kim! Lady Kim!”  

“Whats happening, Lady Min? Why there’s so many guards around?”

“Haven’t you heard the news?”

“Eh? What news? . . . “

“Someone is threatening the position of the Crown Prince”

“What? . . Is the prince alright? Where is he?”

“Fortunately, he is.”

“Huh! Why is this happening?”

“They say that the person behind the threats is the son of . . .”

“Prince Baeksun . . .” Lady Kim surprisingly said

“Your right. . . . its Prince BaekSun, they say that the Northern Faction headed by Prime Minister Oh, is now supporting Prince BekSun, they see the Crown Prince as threats so they’re planning to depose him”

“Huh . . . This is what I’m afraid to happen . . . building allegiance between powerful people, creating war between brothers” Lady Kim worriedly said.

“If Jeoha continues to go against the ministers, I’m afraid soon will come and another tragedy will happen again . . .”

“I hope that the bloody battle of the late Crown Prince YiBaek, 10 years ago, will not happened this time . . . Jebal!~ . . .”

“Lady Min!!”

“Oh Eunuch Han! What is it?”

“Where is Lady Kim?”

“Here I am . . . Why?”

“I have a news, . .The tribunal guards are on their way here now, We got to hurry“

“What? How could this happened . . .”

“Theres no time to explain, we must get you out of here, and bring you to the safer place, before its too late. Come on!”

“Wait, How about the Prince?”

“This is his order, so we have to follow . . .  Lets go!” and they run to the back door, but the tribunal guards were already set so, they got caught.

 

“Stop right there!” One guard said

“Lady Min . . . listen carefully,you’ll take Lady Kim to the back door, while I’ll face them”

“But Eunuch Han . . .we can’t leave you here” Lady Kim said

“This is Highness order, no matter what happened we must follow his order, Lady Min protect Lady Kim at all cost, His Highness private guards are waiting for you at the back, they know what to do . . now go . . .”

“But Eunuch Han! . .”

“I said . .. GO! . .” and Eunuch Han push them to the door and face the guards.

“Lady Min, We can’t just left Eunuch Han there”

“We have no choice, we have to keep running . . .” and they run and run, with guards surrounding them, but still, they have no match for the number of tribunal guards following them.

“Ah AHHH!!! . . .”

“Lady Kim!! . .” Lady Min said as Lady Kim was hit with an arrow on her leg.

“Can you stand?”

“I Don’t think I can”

“Don’t you try to make any move or else . . That’s not only what you get “ and they finally got caught.

“Captain Cho? What is the meaning of this?” they were both surprise to see one of the crown prince trusted guards, turn against them.

“Isn’t it obvious Lady Kim?. . . Captain Cho here is siding on us now . . .” and Oh Yoon, the nephew of the Noron Prime Minister, and chief of the Tribunal guards showed up.

“You! . . I can’t believe you Captain Cho, how could you side on them, how could you betray his Highness, he trusted you!”

“tsk tsk . . Sometimes trust is not enough, for one person to stay, sometimes its takes power and safety for him to stay . . . alive”

“You’re really a monster Chief Yoon . . . “

“huh . . Where have you been Lady Kim? Huh? We’ve been looking everywhere for you, oh and don’t worry, We’ll make sure that your Prince will know when you will die . . “

“Ahh  . . uh . . Let go of me . . . you wont get away with this, all of you . . .”
”Alright . . . tie her up . . . and lets move on . . .”

“Sir, How about this lady servant?”

“Oh let her go, so that someone will take this news to the soon to be depose crown prince . . .”

“Ahhh NO!~ . . .Lady Kim!! . . .LADY KIM!!! . . . . .” and the tribunal guards take Lady Kim with them, leaving the servant in fear.

 

 

“And that’s the end of our broadcast . . .” The DJ said, while fixing the script on his table.

“Huh . . . So what will happened now to Lady Kim? And what will the Crown Prince do? . . . stay tune next week and together, we’ll find what will happened next to ‘My Royal Prince’ . . .this is Voice Jack . . . signing off . . .” and the DJ ended the broadcast with a song.

 

“Wow, that was unexpected . . . Sir” PD Kim said as soon as the DJ walk out the booth.

“hahaha, Its getting interesting . . . thanks to our genius writer here Kang Min Woo” the DJ said.

“Oh thank you Sir, I am deeply honored.” and the writer bows to the DJ. Then the DJ goes back to his office, followed by PD Kim.

“Wanna grab some late snack? I saw the latest pizza commercial, it looks delicious and now I’m craving for that, wanna join me?”

“Ahh I’m sorry PD Kim- . . .” The DJ respond but PD Kim just look at him.

“I mean Minseok Hyung, I’m sorry I can’t go with you tonight, I’m heading to the hospital after this”

“But Sir-” Then its Minseok turn to be cut off.

“I mean Baekhyun, its been a while since we last eat out, you didn’t even go to my party last time and now your rejecting me. You only go to four places; home, school, this station and then hospital, come on! . . You need a breather sometimes” Minseok complain.

“Ok ok . . your making me feel guilty now Hyung, Fine . . .I’ll go with you”

“Ahh Yes!!, Oh Don’t worry Baekhy-” Minseok was cut off when the secretary came in. He went silent, Baekhyun just smiled at his funny Hyung.

“Ahh Sir, theres something you need to sign in here”

“You can leave now PD Kim . . .” Baekhyun said.

“Oh right, Sir . .I’ll meet you downstairs” and Minseok walks out with all smile on his face.

“Where do I need to sign?” Baekhyun ask.

“Here Sir, above your name . .” and his secretary points at his name, written at the bottom part of the paper, that says . . .

 

“CEO, Byun Baekhyun”

 

 

Baekhyun’s POV

 

Hi! Name is Baekhyun, Byun Baekhyun. You already know me, but you don’t know yet my side of story, so let me tell you briefly about who I really am. I am the son of my mother to my grandfather to my great grandfather . . . in short I am the 5th generation grandson of the last King of Joseon, Yep! I have what they call, a royal blood. So if the monarchy still runs today, I bet you, I would be the modern prince, since I still have my Uncle, Lee Hyuk who would be the Emperor then and by the law of succession I would be the next in line, since my uncle don’t have any closer relative aside from me. Clear? Ok! So enough with this royal stuff, lets go to the reality.

I am, again, Byun Baekhyun, son of my father Byun Yo Han, the CEO of Byun-Han or BH Broadcasting Company, and my mother, Lee JuHyun a painter, an artist and as I mentioned, the great granddaughter of the last King. As I told Taeyeon and she may have told you before, my parents were both killed when I was young. I also have my twin sister, and again were killed few years ago, so technically I am alone in life now, except that I still have my Uncle Lee Hyuk left from my mothers side and relatives and annoying cousin from my father’s side, Irene. Yep, I knew and its really obvious that Taeyeon had a cold blood on her, but I can’t blame her, even I sometimes get tired of her. Irene is really a clingy type of girl, and she always gets misunderstand because of that.

Moving on, since I am the only one left in the family line, I had no choice but to inherit the last legacy of my father, the broadcasting station, now I hold the title of the CEO, since I have came on the right age to handle it, with of course the help of my Uncle. Aside from being the young CEO, I also learn to enjoy and  love to work as one of the DJ. My shift would start at night after class from 6 to 10pm and if your wondering, Yes! I am the voice behind the story of ‘My Royal Prince’, I am THE Voice Jack, the one that Taeyeon has been wanting to meet. But to be clear. . . I am already a part time DJ before I met Taeyeon, I just became more active after I met her. Thats different. Now enough about my work stuff, lets go to my relationships stuff.

Taeyeon may not know the whole story but I bet that she had told you this over and over again, regarding my past conflict with Sehun. But here’s the real story, I had one past love, and her name is Seulgi. I met her on my last year in high school, she was a transferee from Gyeonggi When I met her I thought, I had found my princess, I instantly fell in love with her. To cut the story short, soon enough and we became official. I didn’t know that she was different from what she’s showing to me. When she face me, she acts feminine, caring and loving girlfriend, I didn’t know that she’s an awful gold digger behind my back. Well part of that is also my fault, I was so full of myself, I was overwhelm by how much wealth I have that I show it off to almost everyone, just like Seulgi. I’ve known her for just three months but I put all my trust on her, I’ve shown her everything, from my family, the company, almost all my fortune. I’m sure I’d love her, but I’m not sure if she did loved me for me, or she just loved me because of what I have. And this where Sehun came into the scene. I don’t have any problem making friends with other people and Sehun is one of that, I treated him as my real family, I thought I could trust him but I was wrong He, together with Seulgi, played with me, Him being my fake friend, and She, being my fake lover because for them, I am their wealthy cow.

I admit I was blinded before by love, I gave Seulgi what ever she ask, but I didn’t know that she just used it with his affair with Sehun. It turns out that I am the one financially sponsoring their sinful journey together. What a great twist!. I was deeply heartbroken when I found that. I lost in life for some time after that, I became miserable, and question everything that had happened to me.  

“Why? Why did this happened to me? I have lost almost everything in my life, my parents, my sister and now He gave me Seulgi but to what? To just add up pain in my life? WHY?!! Now I almost sacrifice my Dads legacy to me! Why I’m so stupid? Its all my fault!!”

“No no Baekhyun its not your fault, everyone gets stupid when it comes to love, no need to blame your self”

“Ey! No need to be kind to me Hyung, just say it to my face, I’m stupid right? I let her fooled me, I let him used me, and if I didn’t stop, You wouldn’t have your work today, get it? Its my fault! Me! Its all me!”

“Shhh!! enough Baekhyun, you’re drunk, Come on Lets go home”

“No Hyung, I am not drunk . . Minseok Hyung!! I still have one bottle left”  

Minseok Hyung, my trusted Hyung and Director, he was a friend of my late sister, we first met at the wake of my parents, ever since then casually met and then we turn to being friends. He had helped me a lot specially after my sister died. He helped me rise up again, he became my cool father, sometimes my strict mother, an instant older brother and a loving sister.

“Ahh Minseok Oppa? . . . Baekhyun Oppa!”

“Oh! Irene-ssi . . thanks goodness you came, I can’t hold him anymore, come on help me out here”

“Oh ok . . . Oppa, stand up . .uh huh . .eeeww! You stinks! Eeehh! I’ll never let you get drunk again I swear!! your worst than ever!”

Although we didn’t ended well, as I imagined, but I still hope for the best for Seulgi. Theres nothing more I could wish for her than to be happy and to be contented in her life. My love for Seulgi will always be there, it may not fade in a snap but I know in due time I’ll be able to let her go. And surprisingly I did.

After all that happened, I reflect on myself and learned my lesson, I got a bit traumatized on what happened specially a big amount of money had involved in this. So I decided start new life and live as a simple man. I move to a small apartment, near the university I got in. I temporarily assign my uncle to be the acting CEO, in my place since I was too young to handle that, but stayed as a part time DJ. I cut off my allowances, instead I received a paycheck as a part time employee and I temporarily left all what I had, my cars, my big house and other assets in my name. I became an ordinary college guy who dream to just become what I want to be, and focus on my studies. But it change when I finally met her. I met Taeyeon, the woman I didn’t knew would turn my life into a real life prince.

  

“Hey Baekhyun, what are you doing in there?”I was writing on my notebook when Minseok Hyung called up. I was so indulge with what I’m telling you that I forgot that I am at the Pizza store eating a delicious treat from my Minseok Hyung.

“Oh nothing Hyung, writing some update, by the way Hyung, your right, this pizza is so delicious”

“I told you so . . . wait is that a diary? Your writing on a diary now?” he ask.

“Ah this is not mine, its Taeyeon’s”

“Oohh speaking of Taeyeon, how was she?” he ask in concern.

“Still at the hospital, its been 2 months since she stayed in there”

“She’s still no progress isn’t it?”

“Yeah, She’s still in coma” I said. I can’t help but to feel sad and emotional every time I think about what happened to Taeyeon, that day when she misunderstand everything, at that beach, that Saturday afternoon.    

 

 

2 months ago . . . .

 

“Unnie?” Boa Noona break the hug and to our surprise, Its Taeyeon.

“Baekhyun . . “ She said, I saw the pain in her eyes. 

“Taeyeon!” we both said in panic that she might misunderstand what is happening.

“Wait Taeyeon, let me explained . .” Noona said as she try to approach her, but she step back, and avoid her touch.

“Taeyeon, its not what you think . .” I said then I saw her cry, to which hurts me even more. I tried to walk close to her but she turn around and walk away.

“No Taeyeon! . ..” Noona just cry as she sat down and watch her sister walking away from us.

“Stay here Noona, I’ll follow her” I said.

“No, I’ll go with you . . “

“No Noona, its not good for you to come with me, just stay here, I’ll call your nurse to pick you up” I said before leaving her.

“Hello? . . . I’m sorry Nurse Park . . .Yes You can pick her up now . . .Thank you!” and I ended the call and run up to Taeyeon. I keep calling her but she didn’t bother looking back

“Taeyeon . . .WAIT!! I said as I grab on her arms and have her face me.

“What! . .  huh! . . I’m sorry If I disturb your INTIMATE moment with my sister and don’t worry I wouldn’t dare to do it again . .” she said before turning her back on me and walk away again.

“Taeyeon its not what you think! . . Let me explain!” I said.

“What more to explain on that? I get it Baekhyun, you like my sister and who am I to- . . “

“NO! . . . I like you!” I said but she slaps me on my face.

“huh . . . How dare you say that?” she said

“Taeyeon believe me, just hear me out . . .Please!”

“Are you just playing with me and my sister? Cause if you do . . .I’m telling you Baekhyun, even though you’re friend I wont let you- . . .” I didn’t let her finish instead I kiss her lips on the lips to which she take in surprise, but she push me away and slap me at my face again.

“I shouldn’t had trusted you . . .Your worst Baekhyun” she said before walking away. I followed her till we reach the main road and then . ..

 

“TAEYEON!! . .”

 

A passing car hit her and my world turn around when I saw her rolled over the road with blood all over her face.

“NO . . . TAEYEON!” I run towards her and immediately call an ambulance. We took her to the hospital where Boa Noona stayed. Yes, Boa Noona is also at the hospital, Why? I’ll tell you later.

Taeyeon was immediately brought to the emergency room. After an hour, the doctor came out with a terrible news. She’s in critical condition and now she’s in coma.

 

Back to the present . . . 

 

“Hyung I got to go, the doctor had message me now, they got the results.” I said before taking my last bite.

“Ok, thengo . . “ Minseok Hyung said. I got up and walk to the door but then . . .

“Baekhyun . . . Don’t worry, she will be fine, everything will be alright . .” Hyung said and I smiled.

 I drove as fast as I can to the hospital. After 2 weeks of her stay in DongA University Hospital in Busan, I transferred her to Asan Medical Hospital, owned by my good cousin, Irene.   

“Hey Baekhyun, good thing your here, Dr. Choi is waiting for you now” Kibum said, the private nurse and a close friend, I assigned for Taeyeon.

“Oh Baekhyun, come in” As soon as I enter the doctors office, I was greeted by my good old friend, Dr. Choi Sooyoung.

“Sooyoung ah, tell me directly if its a good news or not, don’t sugarcoat it anymore” I nervously said

“Hey relax, Don’t worry this is a good news, I guess . . . So I have the results here and. .”

“And?”

“And it says that everything is doing well. I can see some progress on her now”

“What? Is that true?” I somehow gained some strength on her news.

“Yes, if this continues, We can expect her to get conscious by a week”

“Really Oh my! That is a really great news!”

“Oh but don’t be too happy Baek, I said IF this continues, IF we see a progress in her for the 3 days, then you can completely celebrates, but if its not, I’m sorry but you have be ready for the worst”

“She’ll be fine, I know she’ll wake up, At least she shows some progress now, I’m fine with that for now. Thank you Sooyoung” I said in joy as I leave her office and head to Taeyeon’s ward. I sat beside her and look at her calm beautiful face.

“Hey Taeyeon, It alright now, you’ll get better . . .” I was just seating there and watch her breathe, when the memory of my first encounter flashback on me. It was just the same.

 

I was a student assistant in the clinic at the university, when I first see her. I bet she wont remember that since she was unconscious then, but here is the story. She was rush in the clinic, one afternoon, due to sudden fainting. I was the assigned assistant for her.

“Hey Baekhyun, watch over this patient, she faints at the middle of their sports class, so call me up as soon as she wakes up”

“Yes, Doc.” and so I watch over her, even though there’s still some students coming in, she’s still my top priority, I don’t know why but I feel like she’s someone special. I looked at her records and thats where I found her name, a beautiful name.

 

“Kim Taeyeon: 1st Year - History and Arts Major”   

 

“Wow, same as me” I said, and then I saw her move and when she wakes up, I hurriedly called the doctor. 

I was not able to return back to her because my shift is over and I had my next class. I was disappointed thinking I would never see her again, since we are in this huge campus, the possibility of us meeting again  1%. But I was wrong, seems like destiny is doing its work, cause the next day I saw her in my class sitting next to me seat. I didn’t show any interest outside, but inside, I was so happy to see her again. When I learned that we were classmates on almost all my subject, I though that, that was a good opportunity for me to get close and be a friend to her. For Taeyeon, we started as a complete stranger, as I was still reserving myself from the possibility of me falling even more to her, because I can already feel it the day I first see her.  

“Hi!~ . . .” she started

“Ahh . . .Hello~ . .” I simply ended

I was purposely not being friendly and often ignore her when she talk to me, but I guess she was born stubborn so in no time she learned how to deal with me, which amazes me, cause no one dare to try again after I show them my cold side.

We were at the gallery of an exhibit in arts when she suddenly came and stand next to me.

“Hi . . . I saw that you were looking at the model at the gallery, I didn’t know that your also interested in arts and history . . .” She ask first.

“Why? Are you interested on that too?” I answered

“Well . .  not just interested . . .. I love them . . .” she said, my suddenly eyes lit up when I heard that.

“Really? . . . Wow . .I guess we can get along on that . . .” I happily said.

Its very rare to meet someone as same as you, specially with regards to arts and history. Although we really get along in these subjects, she was a complete opposite of me, she was loud, a bit careless, stubborn, always all over the place, but also fun to be with. Also because of that differences we always had a misunderstanding, which we eventually solve right away.

“What are you doing?” I ask.

“Ahh . . . Putting back this book? . . .” She said.

“In that way?” I ask

“ahh yeah . .Is there any wrong with that?” She respond.

“Yes! Your putting it back in a wrong way . . .How many times do I have to tell you that THIS side should always face THIS side. . .” I completely complain.

“Ah My gosh, Baek! . . . thats only simple, just put it THAT way, its just the same!, why are you getting so mad about that?” She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter