Emergency (Part IV)

Unexpectedly Expected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Baekhyun’s POV

 

 

 

 . . . . BANG . . . BANG . . . . BANG . . . .

 

 

 

“Excellent!”

“Thank you Sir!”

“As expected from an inspector, your really good . . . I would like to assign you to mentor our new trainees this weekend, is that ok with you?”

“Of course Sir”

“Well I’ll leave you then, keep up the good work” and the Chief General left.

“WOW!! another praise from the higher officers! . . .I’m sensing some promotion soon”

“hahaha, really? Well I hope so”

“huh, good for you, your improving, you perfectly shot that red spot over there, really . . . bulls eyes!  Your really a sharps shooter, while me? Huh . . .”

“Hey come on Chen, your improving too, well at least  . . . your slowly improving your shooting skills”

“haha, but not great as you, huh, when will the day comes that my father will also praise me like he always did to you, I feel like I’m a shame in the family, son of a great Chief superintendent General, cant even shoot straight.”

“Hey don’t be too harsh on yourself, I also started like you, but if you keep practicing, your surely hit the target soon, and besides not all times I am the best, you also did great on other things, your intelligent Chen, your good critical thinker, your strategies and analyzation is really out of the world, your the brain of our operations, without you, our mission will never be successful”

 

Chen and I were best friends since childhood, our fathers were really good friends, my dad is a doctor and the personal doctor of Chen’s father who is now our Chief General. I feel sorry for my friend Chen, he was always compared to his father, who is really a great officer. I know that he really don’t like to be an officer. Funny to think that we’re really opposite, I really want to be a General like his father , while him, really wants to be a doctor like my father. I am just thankful that my best friend doesn’t keep any grudges on me, that I am treated as more of a son of our Chief than him. That I became ahead to him, even though he first entered in this field. That I am an inspector, while he remain as my subordinates, a Private Constable.

 

“Hey Baek!, I heard you were assign as a mentor for our new trainees this week end, Well can I join your training?”

‘”Of course, you can help me out on that” we’re walking back to our quarters when we bumped into our Chief Inspector.

“SALUTE!!”

“Salute! . . .  Inspector Byun, Private Kim, the Commissioner General wants to see you in his office” and we went straight to our Generals office.

“SALUTE! Commissioner General Jung, I am INSPECTOR BYUN BAEKHYUN, SIR!”

“Salute!, finally meet you, Inspector Byun”

“SALUTE! Commissioner General Jung, I am PRIVATE FIRSTCLASS KIM CHEN JONGDAE, SIR”

“Salute! Finally meet the son of our great Chief General Kim”

“Glad to meet you too, SIR!”

“ahh Chief Inspector Cho, is this the officers you recommend to us?”

“Ah yes Sir, they were the outstanding officers of our team”

“Well great, ok listen up, we were requested to accompany the upcoming medical mission of Seoul National University Hospital in Jakarta, Indonesia. . . .”

I was surprised, to hear the name of the hospital. Hearing this name reminds me of someone special.

“ . . .Originally, there’s no need for a security but the said event were sponsored by two top companies in the country, they will sent their own delegates to witness the event . . .”

“ . . . Excuse me Sir, but who are the two companies who sponsored the event”

“ahh . . . TaeSuk Wings Enterprise, I heard they will send their heir to the event”

 

Oh no! Not them . . . I’m doomed . . .

 

“ . . .And the Jang-Sin Group and Company.. .”

 

Jang-Sin Group . . . .now I’m sure she’ll be there.  

 

“Now I am assigning your team, the Special Force team to accompany the event, I wan you to create your own group who will join your mission.”

“Yes Sir!”

“Now if you already finalize your group report it at once to Chief Inspector Cho, The event will be 2 days from now, further informations will be send to you maybe tomorrow when everything is finalized.”

“Sir, Yes Sir!” and we left his office.

“2 Days from now? . . . hmmm . .  What if she’s there? What if . . . What if we become awkward?, what if . . .”

There’s so much questions popping out in my mind, I feel conscious knowing that maybe we’ll meet again, my heart beats really fast thinking how about her.

But on the other side, I also feel nervous, knowing that the heir of the TaeSuk Wings Group will also come.

“Ah by the way, Inspector Byun, you were specially requested by the TaeSuk Wings group to join in this mission “

“Oh no, I forgot theres also another group . . . huh . . . I am really doomed”  

I feel like I am trap between heaven and hell, heaven because for sure she’ll be there, and hell because she’ll also be there . .  Eottoke? .         

             

 

 . . . 2 Days Later . . . .

 

 

Taeyeon’s POV

                      

 

“Dr. Kim!”

“Dr, Hwang? . . dont tell me your complaining again?”

“Huh, No! Not now, I heard TaeSuk Group also sponsored this event? Is that true?”

“haha, unfortunately  . . . yes”

“ahh I cant believe I’ll see again that fake, pathetic woman”

“hahaha, take it easy Fany -ah she’s not yet here, reserve that for later haha”

 

We were now at the waiting area of Incheon International Airport, waiting for our departure. Everybody was busy, chatting with each other, playing in their handphones, while me sitting at one corner looking out at the window, thinking stuffs thats been bothering me for days now.

“Hey!”

“Oh Nurse Sooyoung, what happened?”

“What happened to you? I heard Dr. Lee left to Canada, last week, Are you ok on that? He filed a temporary leave before he left, are you two ok?”

“Ah yes! We’re fine,he already told me that he’s leaving, not a big deal on us”

“aahh So thats why you’re here with us now, I assume that your trip to New Zealand this weekend is also canceled, right?” I didn’t respond instead I look outside the and think.

“I don’t know Sooyoung, I don’t know if I can handle anymore this set up we have, its so hard . . . I am trying hard to make time for him, but you know, I feel like his not doing his part, I know his busy, but sometimes I don’t understand him . . . I feel like I’m not part of his priorities”

“Hmmm, you do know that thats his attitude right, and besides that teh nature of men, they’re being too playful, insensitive to how we feel, what important for them is they’re happy, if you love him, just try to understand him, but sometimes try also have a deeper talk with him, tell him what you really feel, you might know, maybe thats the answer to your questions”

“hahaha, maybe you have now a boyfriend, your advises now does makes sense, unlike before, but thanks for that”. We continue to chat with each other until someone came and disturb our small girl talks.

“Looks like your having fun sitting on the floor . . . Dr. Kim”

“Oh Inspector Byun!” Sooyoung first notice him, she hurriedly stands up, leaving me sitting on floor the floor knowing what to do next.

 

“ . . .Eottoke? Its him right? I cant be wrong, thats his voice right?” I said to myself, not knowing if I should stand up and greet him or just sit here and ignore him.

“Are you gonna just sit there and not talk to me or I’ll  carry you up?” I didn’t move.

“ahh so you want me to carry you, ok then” But before he could lay his fingers on me, I hurriedly stand up, to which I accidentally bump on to his head.

“Aww . . . ahhh . . . “

“Oh . . .I’m . .. I’m sorry! . . let me see?” I look at his head and it look so red, I tried my best to ease the pain but then . . .

“You know what, it will ease the pain if you’ll lay your lips on it, thats I think the best remedy for that” It took a while before I could understand what he said, and  when I finally gets what he meant I slightly smack the part that I hit earlier.

“AWW!! now its really hurt! Aww . . . didn’t know you’re a violent woman . ..”

“Thats your fault anyway . . .”

I s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter