Emergency (Part V)

Unexpectedly Expected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Taeyeon’s POV

 

 

. . . . Alarm Snooze . . .  Alarm Snooze . . .

 

“Good morning!” I said, time to start our first day. I feel like I’ve gain a lot of energy, thanks for the good night sleep. I sit up from my bed and look out the sunlight  swiftly passing through the window.

“This is your day Kim Taeyeon . . “ I reach for my phone and do my usual routine every morning.

“Good evening there Hon, Its early in the morning here in Jakarta, I hope you have a good day there. Call me or message me if you got this. Good night . . . “

Everytime we had a mission abroad or one of us will go to different countries, we make sure to get an update to whatever we do at that day, we see to it that we monitor each other, maybe that’s normal for a couple like us. Every morning, I would try to call him or message him, checking on him from time to time, but he wouldn’t respond, I keep on contacting him, hoping that he’ll respond to me, but I just end up hurting myself.  

“ . . . Sorry, You have reached the voicemail of Lee Seungyeol, Please leave a message after the tone . . .”

“ . . . Huh . . . Leave a message again . . .” and I end up my call, I set aside my disappointed and decided to go to the bathroom and wash my face, when I was about to remove my clothes to have a quick shower, I notice the bandage around my ankle, I suddenly remember the incident happened after we got off the plane.

 

. . .  Flashback . . . .

 

“Wait, hold on . . . . take a sit first?”
”What? Why? What’s wrong ?” He suddenly pull out his first aid kit from his bag. He raise my feet and put the bandage around my ankle.

“There you go . .  just keep it until tomorrow morning, it can help it heal fast”

“You don’t have to do this, Inspector”

“But I already did, and besides I don’t want to see my beautiful doctor to walk like a penguin tomorrow” I suddenly feel my blood raising around my face, blushing is what they called it.

 

. . . . End of Flashback . . .

 

“Tss . . . . that guy . . .” I remove everything and have a quick cold shower. After 30 minutes, I’m finally done. I was on my way to the elevator lobby, when I received a message. I thought its him but it turn out to be someone else.

“Hello!, Good morning! . . . “  I was confuse, out of nowhere, an unknown number suddenly message me, I didn’t reply. When I reached the ground floor, one voice catches my attention.  

“Good morning, Dr. Kim!!”. Its early in the morning yet my heart starting to beat fast once again. When I saw him running towards my direction, I hurriedly walk to our service bus, but then he catches me up before I could reach the bus.

“Hey!, Is that a good way to treat a person, who takes good care of you yesterday?”
”Huh! So how do you expect me to treat you, Mr. Byun?”

“Well … just a simple reply from my message will do . . .”

“Ahhh so your the one who message me earlier, and how did you get my number?”

“Have you forgot? I am Byun Baekhyun, a great Inspector of our team, getting your number is just an easy job for me”

“ahh now that you have my number doesn’t mean you can contact me anytime you want, I’m telling you Inspector, I don’t have time for nonsen- . .” I was cut off when put his finger on my lips, telling me to stop.

“You know what, early in the morning and your being so noisy, I just want to know the answer from my question, that’s why I messaged you . . .”

“Wait question?. . .What question?” Then I checked again my phone and there’s another unread message.

“Good morning Dr. Kim, I just want to know if we’ll also need to pack some extra medicine boxes and equipment to the site, we were told to have your permission first before packing”    

I didn’t speak, I thought he was just annoying me, but it turn out to be a message for work. I was so embarrassed.

“Huh, You’re over reacting, you haven’t even read yet my message”

“Ok, I’m sorry . . . “

“So . . . What’s the answer?”

“ahh . . . yes . . yes!”

“Yes?! So were official now?”

“WHAT?! what official?” I was taken aback at what he said.

“hahaha, I was just kidding, Didn’t know your were this cute when your blushing, Doc”, It takes a while before I fully understand what he really meant. I get shy in his compliment so I look away from him.

“hahaha, . . . so I’ll go now, I need to pack up some meds . . . Dr. Kim” Then he walk away, smiling like an idiot. When I was about to walk out, he suddenly grab my hand and lean beside to my ears.

“On second thought, you haven’t answered my first message, I said Good morning . . .”

“ahhh . . . Good morning?” I unconsciously  answered

“I can take that for now, oh . . . and regarding to your first statement . . . don’t worry I wont call you anytime I want, but if you want to hear my NONSENSE stories, then I’ll be glad to call you for that . . .”

I was again speechless, before I could respond, he walked away leaving me on a state of shock, to what I just heard.

After an hour, we have reached our mission site, I was looking out the window thinking about what happened early this morning.

“I can take that for now, oh . . . but if you want to hear my NONSENSE stories, then I’ll be glad to call you for that . . .”

“Whats wrong with him?” I keep on asking myself, why is he acting like that, and why I felt happy when his doing that.

“This is not good, this is wrong . . . No! . .  I cant be like this . . . “ I was preparing myself to get off the bus when suddenly someone came in.

“DR! KIM!! . . .” And as expected the loud voice of my dear old friend echoed around the bus.

“Yah! Fany! . .  Do you have to shout like that?”

“huh huh huh . .  Sorry, I just saw the news . . .”

“What news?”

“Here . . .” and she showed me the news on her phone.

“She’s coming . . .” she panicky said.

“hahaha . . So?” I said.

“Thats ok with you?”

“Fany ah . . your terrified with this woman? . .  Just relax, I don’t care if she’s coming or what, I’ll just do my job, I’ll be fine”

“Wahhh!! Your really amazing Kim Taeyeon, I salute you on that . .”

“hahaha stop it, we better go now, the bus is waiting for us”

Honestly, I also get worried when I saw the news, just reading her name makes my heart pound really fast, I still don’t know if I can face her after what happened 5 years ago.

 

. . . Flashback . . .

 

“What do you think your doing? . . . How dare you? . . .”

“I’m just getting what is rightfully mine, Taeyeon”

“Excuse me? He’s never been yours in the first place”

“Ahh . . .and do you think, you are his only one? .. .  huh . . . Think about it Taeyeon . . Does he really love you like you think he does?”

 

. . .  End of Flashback . . .    

 

“Hello. . .  Apa kabar? Is it right? Ah . . . How are you feeling now?” We were already on our medical mission, We were busy checking on the people who line up for a free medical assistance.

“ah ok, so your condition can considered as  a heartburn, so I’ll give you this medicine to ease your stomach pain here . . . take this antacid Zantac 75, take this 3 times a day before meal for 3 days . . . “

While the translator is busy translating what I’ve said, Dr. Jung suddenly call me.

“Dr. Kim, we ran out of Aspirin, Biseptol, Navidoxine, Pentrexyl and Viatril-S, we have a lot of patient with severe injuries and skin burns”

“Is that so, I’ll check if we have more stocks on that, if not, I’ll call the health office for new stocks”

“Dr. Kim, heres the new stock that you requested earlier. . .”

“Ok ahh Nurse Choi, can you call Dr. Park to replace me first, I need to check on the stocks first”

"Yes, Doc"

“ahh Sir Farel, take this medicine for your arthritis, take this regularly, 2 times a day after meal, ok. . .”

“Terima Kasih! (Thank You!), Doc”

“Kembali! (Your Welcome!)”

When Dr. Park Chanyeol  came I hurried go to our stock room. I was busy checking on my checklist, when suddenly . . .

“HELLO?!”

“AHHHHH!!!! . . .”someone suddenly speak behind me, making me so scared to death.

“hahahahahaha!!!” And as annoying he is, he just laugh at me.

“What are you doing here?”

“Relax Doc! I’m just here to get some stocks for this, can you help me with this?”

“ahh Nistatin. . .  L

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter