Love For Hire XI

Unexpectedly Expected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Thank you for choosing Hyuk’s Hotel . . .Mam, Sir . . . Enjoy your stay! . .”

 

“Psst!! . . psst! . . “

“Huh?! . . .”

“Pssst!! . . .”

“Omo, omo, What is that noise?”

“Psstt!! . . .”

“Maybe Hyoyeon is right there might be really a ghost in here . . “

“PSSTTT!! . . .”

“Eeeehh. . . Please No!! . . . No . . . I’m afraid of ghost No!!”

“Yah Sooyoung ah! . . .”

“MmmEEEhhhh . . . he knows my name too . . . eeehhhh . . . don’t you ever come near me, or I’ll run!! . ..”

“Psst . . .Sooyoung!!”

“Who-Who’s there?”

“Pabo! Its me!!”

“Who??”

“Duh?! Its me Taeyeon!”

“Yah!! . . . You scared me! What are you doing there in the dark? Come here!” I was hiding behind the door, not wanting to go out of our office. I was so not ready to face again that one man I never thought that I could meet today. I look on my right, then look on my left, carefully watching the people around us.  

”Sooyoung, come here for a second . . .”

“What? Why are you hiding there? You come here, I cant just leave my post unattended”

“Just come here first, Don’t ask anymore question, I have something to tell you”

“Argghh . . . .Ok fine, but just be quick, my supervisor, might come any moment”

“What? What Supervisor? I am your Supervisor! You Pabo!”

“Oh yeah your right . . . Ok ok I’m coming . . .” and my ever clumsy friend, Sooyoung, quickly run on my side as she was also curious on what I’m about to say.

“Ok what is it? What is it that you cant wait to tell it later, you know we have so many guess tonight and I cant be away for too long, you know Jessica is on break now, and I have no substitute with me, cause Hyoyeon is on a day shift and I- . . .”

“SOOYOUNG!! . . . Just listen first Ok? . . . Shut your mouth” and Sooyoung zipped with her hand.

“Hes here” Sooyoung just curiously look at me, she ped as if its a zipper, and raise a question.

“Can I talk?” I just rolled my eyes, before nodding at her.

“Who’s he? I mean you have so many men in life, so which one?”

”When I said He, its ‘He’ . . . you know . . .”

“Oh ‘He’ . . . .” It took a minute and more, before she finally react to what I said .

“What? . . .He’s here? You mean the man who left you 15 years ago, the man who hurt you, the man you dearly love, the fa- . . .”

“Sooyoung!! . . SHHHH!!.” I shut her up, before she could tell more, with her non-stop talking mouth, no secret is safe with her.

“You mean Him?” and she finally calm down.

“Yes he is, He’s here, and I unexpectedly met him earlier”

“Yieeh!! So? How is it? Did it left a spark? Did it made your heart beat crazy? . . . How is it? Tell me!”

“Relax, Sooyoung, my gosh you look more excited than me.”

“So? What did you feel?”

“Nothing . . .”

“Oh really? Why I have a feeling that theres something deeper reason behind those sparkling eyes” I immediately look away from her, She’s right, there’s a really a deeper reason behind my glowing eyes, and that is my growing feelings. . . again

“hmm . . . Don’t you dare lie to me Taeyeon, I knew you, your eyes wouldn’t lit up like that if its just for nothing, tell me, it sparked isn’t it”

“No of course not.”

“Yeah right, Taeyeon, continue lying or I’ll smack you right on your face so that you wake up from your illusion, come on Taeyeon. Its only you and me here in this small space, no one will listen if you become honest even just for tonight.” Even after many years, I couldn’t bring myself, to be honest with my feelings, I’m still hiding behind my shadow, but this is how I survive in the past 15 years, I survive this lonely life because I pretended.. well thats what I’m good at.

“Tell me Taeyeon, whats your plan now? he’s here, the man you’re waiting for is finally here, What are you going to do? sit and wait till he disappear again?, oh please Taeyeon, don’t ever do that again, or else I’ll really throw you to the ocean . . .”

”Why you sound so violent tonight?”

“That is because of you, you are so slow, don’t wait again, for the next time, because this is the right time for you and him, to talk, and sort things out, we don’t know why he’s here or why did destiny brought him here, but please, make this chance worth it. Go to him, I didn’t ask you to get back on him, but still face him . . .”

Sooyoung is right, there’s nothing to lose if I’ll try to reach for him. Maybe theres a good reason why he suddenly popped up in front of me, and thats what I should know.

 

“Yes Manager Shim, I’ll be right there, Just prepare the the list of our newest trend and I’ll review it later . . .”

Later that afternoon, I was on my way to the front desk to check the status of my employees, but then I suddenly froze on my spot when I saw him on his phone, walking towards my direction, My mind is battling on what should I do next.

 

“Omo, What should I do?”

 

I just stood up there, and look at him,he wasn’t looking at me, as he was busy on the phone, but I could feel that he knew that my presence was there. I was still standing there, when he pass me by. I thought he wouldn’t noticed me, but although he was busy on his phone, I felt his touch on me, I didn’t expect that he would touch my hand, I felt a slight electric feeling as his hands touches mine, I couldn’t explain why, but it made me smile, and that smile grew even wider when I look back and see that his smilingly looking at me. My heart started to beat fast, and my world suddenly stop, We’re looking at each other, as if theres only the two us in that area. The longer I stare at him, the closer he walks to me. Seconds later, we were standing right in front of each other, with an inch apart, not minding the people around us, he lift up his hand and hold my chin, he hold me up closer and closer to his face, I close my eyes until I felt our lips touching one another.

 

But in just a split second, My eyes went open and see that it was all just an imagination. The moment I open my eyes, I was awaken by the reality that I was still standing on my spot, still not knowing what to do, as he walks to wards my direction.

“Should I let him passed by me,? Should I continue to walk and pretend that I didn’t see him or should I go the other way? . . .” I was in confuse, but then I let my body speaks, so in the end, I find my self, walking towards him, looking straight onto the wall, pretending that he wasn’t there, but then, as he pass by, I heard him speak.

 

“Hi Taeyeon . . .” its just a simple greeting, but god knows how happy I am with that words, hearing him say my name again, feels like a confession of love, its very fluttering.

I stay calm, not wanting to grab the attention of everyone, but deep inside, I was jumping up in joy. It took a minute or two, before my senses came back, When I look back I was greeted with a wide smile, his famous rectangular smile, as he looks at me, and I smiled at him in return. Just like how I imagined a while ago, we shared a long staring match, but then his words break it, but end it with a sweet words.

“See you later” he said before turning around, and starts walking again. I was all smiled all the way to the front desk, which made me looks creepy.

Later that night, I was on my way home, when suddenly, on the 3rd time today, I unexpectedly bumped at him again, but this time its was closer now.

“Oops Sorry, here let me help you . . . .” and he offers a hand.

“Ah Thank you hahaha sorry, I didn’t see you . . . Did I hurt you or . . .”

“No no, I’m fine, are you ok? My oh my, these are heavy hahaha, where are you going anyway, I’ll help you carry this”

”Ahh no need for that, I can handle that”

“You sure? Are you going home now?”

“Ah yeah, how about you? Looks like you just came back”

“Ahh haha I just stroll around, checking the things I missed around here. . .Its been so long since I came here . . .”

“Oh . . I see . . “

“Everything has change here isn’t it?”

“Ahh yeah, everything changed . . .”

“How about you? Have you change too?”

“You know me Baekhyun, Everything may had change, but I will always be the same”

“Really? . .Are you really still the same Taeyeon I knew?”

“I am, Baekhyun, I think the one I should ask here is you Baek. You’ve grown so much. Your different now, I mean physically, you became even buffed”

“Ahh hahaha, I’ve been going to the gym lately now, thats why . . .”

I can feel the awkwardness around us, its been so long since we last had a talk, and its so awkward, rebuilding that same feeling we had before, no matter how close we were, we still end up being awkward,

 

“Ahh I should go now, ” Before I could walk on, He called for me again.

“Wait Taeyeon! . .” And as I turn around, he suddenly gave me a hug, a big but warming hug.

“I miss you . . . .so much” He said.

“ahh . . .” I want to say I missed you too, but my lips wont open. I let him hugged me, I let him squashed my body in his arms, I let him have me, but then . . .   

“Eomma?? . . . “ Our sweet little moment, were suddenly stop, when I heard the voice of my daughter.

“Eomma what are you doing?”

“Ah Hanni ah . . .”

“Oh Ahjussi Oppa! . . .”

“haha Ahjussi Oppa? Now I knew who taught her that” Baekhyun said as he look at the kid.

”Ahh Hi little girl, we’ve met again.”

“Eomma, this is the guy, I told you I met earlier, is he your friend?”

“Ah Yes Hanni . . . “

“Ahnyeonghaseyo Ahjussi!”

“So this is your daughter . . .”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter