Emergency (Final Part)

Unexpectedly Expected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Baekhyun’s POV

 

“BAEKHYUN!”

 

I was carrying Taeyeon in my arms when I suddenly felt a pain on my shoulder. When I look at it, blood was flowing down my arms.

“Oh my God! Baekhyun!  . .. “ I carefully put Taeyeon down, despite the pain in my arms, then she hurriedly pull out her handkerchief and tie around my arm.

“We have  to get out of here, Baek. . . or else you’ll lose more blood. . . Come on . .”

When we were about to take a step, another gunshot was heard  

“ Who’s there!! . . ” I manage to shout.

“Baek just hold on, I’ll call my team. . . .”

“uh .. uh . .uh . .Dont try to move. . . or else I’ll take another shot . . . hahaha”

“Who’s there? . .  Come out here and face me . . .ahhh . . .”

“Baek please . . .”

“Hahaha, How brave of you Inspector Byun, . . . The awesome, excellent, most outsatnding officer of this ing department, and the unbeatable Byun Baekhyun, Wow . . .” And he finally showed up, with his men behind him.

“YOU?!! . . .  What the . . . How .” I was surprise when I finally saw the man behind all this.

“SURPRISE!! Miss me? . . . Partner?” Then the men hold us and tied us back-to-back on the grounnd, before teh leaving the area.

“Why . . . Why!!”

“Why?, your asking me why? Hahaha, oh come on Baekhyun, don’t act like you don’t know the reason, but since your being so innocent to know  what you had done to me! Allow me remind you . .Your asking me why I did this, right? Well lets say, this kidnapping thing. . . haha, its becasue of you! ALL OF WHAT YOU SEE RIGHT NOW, IS BECAUSE OF YOU!! You  made this person in front of you and your asking me Why? Hahaha . . . Your ing funny Byun Baekhyun. . .”

“Chen , I don’t understand, what are you saying?. . .”
”Chen Please!, let us go!”
”NO!!! . . .  and you stay out of this Taeyeon!! hahaha wait, Why am I still talking to you, Whats the use of my gun if I don’t use it, besides, I still have two bullets, excatly for the both of you.. .hahaha “

“No! please, Chen, Lets talk . . . why are you doing this? “

“Ok, hmmm . . . let me think . . . Why am I doing this? . . . hmmm . .  AHA!, why don’t we start during our time in the academy, even our graduation party,remember that? That ing night that was suppose to be my party, but since your showing off to others as if your the most outstanding cadet among us, trying to act like you’re best. Remember that? How happy and please my father was, who was proud of you instead of me!!I ing hate you, you kknow why? because your so proud of yourself, you always gets their attention that was supposed to be mine, you get it? You have all their support, including my Dad! My dad adores you so much, you know that?”
”I’m sorry Chen, I don’t know. . .”

“Of course you don’t know, who would admit what they did, NO ONE!!”

“Chen, Believe me, I don’t know, I don’t know that thats how you felt, thats not my intention”

“blah blah blah blah  .. hahaha . . . I already heard that . . .that’s already a cliche, I’m tired of hearing that. . .and you know wahat hurts me the most? what Dad told me?, He justtold me that he would rather not have a son than to have me, that he wished that you are his son instead of me, that how he loves you, you hear me? And it ing hurts me, hearing those words from your own father, who was so ashamed of me.” He broke down in tears as I kept in silent, I didn’t know that all this time, his been hiding a grudge from me, Its not my intention to hurt him, with my actions, but its happened, I thought we’re ok, I thought everything is fine between us, but I was wrong.His right, I made him what he is now, its my fault.  

“All this time I felt that I am not part of that ing family, because of you”

“Then Why didn’t you tell me! I would have known that I am affecting your life already”

“Becasuse, I thought that this feeling will  eventually fade because after all, I still consider as my friend, my childhood bestfriend, but its not, until Taeyeon came”

“Taeyeon? what about Taeyeon?” I felt curious, when I heard Taeyeon’s name.     

“What about her? Hmmm . . . why don’t we see a movie to answer your question” Then a video clip was played in front of us, projected on the white wall. A CCTV copy showing Taeyeon entering a huge hallway, I was curious on what this video is all about, but then I remember something as this scenes looks so familiar.

 

“KIM TAEYEON!!”

“What are you doing here?”

“I just want to see you, you didn’t answer my message last night”

“Why should I? and your message is a harassment”

“Why, don’t tell me, Baekhyun doesn’t do it on you? Will you look at me, while I’m talking to you!”

“What the- . .Let go of me  . . CHEN! Let go!!”

 

“Wait thats the scene in the pictures that Seohyun showed me, don’t tell me . . .”

“Thats right, what your thinking is right, this is it, were sweet right?”

Sweet? It doesn’t look like that, all I see is that Taeyeon was being forced, his harrassing her. He was kissing her, but I can see that she was trying her best to push him away. I close my eyes as I cant take what I’m watching at, I cant help but to cry, I felt guilty, that I didn’t trust Taeyeon enough, that I doubted her. I didn’t know that what I’ve thought to be a romantic picture of them, is the opposite of what really happened.

“Taeyeon, I’m so sorry, I didn’t know . . .”

“I’m sorry Baek, I should have told you about this at the first place, I’m sorry?”

“Shhh! don’t cry, this is not your fault  . . .”

“Awww how sweet! You know what, I hate it when I see you two being so lovey dovey, Taeyeon is supposed to be mine, I saw her first, but again because of you, I lost her, You knew that I had my eyes on her first, I even told you how I felt about her, and yet you continue to stick with her”

“I know Chen, but Its not my intention to take her away from you, I swear, When you told me, that your interested with her, as a brother and as a friend, I tried to get to know her, but I didn’t expect that I will fell in love her. I’m sorry’

“Huh . . .didn’t expect, not my intention . . . Sorry, Always like that!!  . . . too much EXCUSES!! I don’t know if I’ll still believe on you, You know how my life was Baekhyun, I never experience love, even from my family, the only person that showed me love is your dad, but his not here with us anymore, now that I had that chance to love someone, you took it from it me . . . now I’ll take this chance to take all the love you deserve” Thankfully, I manage to get away from the strap around my hand, before he pointed gun towards me.

“Chen Please . . . Have mercy on us .. .I’m begging you . ..”

“I’m sorry Taeyeon, but I had enough . . .Goodbye Baekhyun . . .”

“NO!!” Before he could shoot I hurriedly hold his hand, and try to snatch away the gun from him.  

“Let go of me!!”

“Chen please, just  . . . PUT  . . THIS  . .  GUN  . . NOW!!” After a few times of trying, another gunshot echoed through out the area, and the next thing I see is all black.

 

. . . . Ambulance  . . .Siren . . . .

 

Taeyeon’s POV

 

“Oh my gosh! please . . . hold on . . .”

“Doc, were losing too much blood . . . “

“Baek . . Please hold on, were almost there . . .” After a few minutes, we finally arrived at the emergency room. We both take Baekhyun and Chen at the operating room. I was so nervous and frightened that I wont be able to save Baekhyun from this, I’m afraid to loose him, I just cant loose him. Not this time.

“Doc . . . the blood pressure is getting low, aslo were losing too much blood, we need to do blood transfusion. . . .”

“Prepare the equipments . . .”

After two hour of panic and nervousness, we manage to save him. Though theres some unexpected happenings, I compose myself and think of the right thing to do as Doctor I am.   

“Good morning Baekhyun . . .I know your sleeping to much but please wake up, I’m here, patiently waiting for you” Its been a week since the terrble inccident happened, until now its still fresh from my memory, the trauma it brings me is too much to bear. Right at that moment, I thought that I will never see the world again, I thought that is our end, but thankfully, a light came and save us from the darkness part of my life.   

“Baekhyun, please don’t leave me . . . “

“Ahh Doc Kim . . . I’m sorry to interrupt you but theres someone who wants to see you”

“Who is it?”

“She’s waiting in your office, your cousin, Ms. Seohyun” I felt nervous yet happy to meet her again.

“Hi Taeyeon, its been a whie . . .”
”Ah Seohyun, its good to see you, What brought you here?”

“I came here to apologized to what happened, I know that we made a terrible mistake, I’m selfish, and I admit that, and I didn’t think straight, I was so jealous of you, all my life, I want to be like you, to be better than you, but I know in myself that I wont ever be like that, thats why I hated myself for hating you that much, that must be also the reason why say I yes to Chen’s plan, I didn’t know that he would went that far, its not my intention to hurt anybody specially Baekhyun, I loved him so much, but after that incident, I saw how much he love you more than I love him, he sacrified himself to save you, If its me, I wouldn’t do it, even though I love him, I wont risk my life to save him, but him? he did that for you, maybe thats true love, thats when I realized that I don’t love him enough to risk my self for him, like he did to you, So I’m sorry . ..”

Its true, it must be true love, I also didn’t expect that Baekhyun would do that, he saved me, even if it will costs his life.            

 

 . . .  Flashback . . . .

 

“Let go of me!!”

“Chen please, just  . . . PUT  . . THIS  . .  GUN  . . NOW!!”

Baekhyun was trying his best to take the gun from Chen, they were fighting for the gun, I felt afraid knowing that he might get shot, but when Chen had the chance to push Baekhyun away, he pointed the gun towards my direction, and then  . ..

“NO!!! . . .” Baekhyun hurriedly run to my side and . . .

“BANG!! . . .” He catch the bullet in his chest . .  He was shot.

“BAEKHYUN!!! . . .”

 

. . . End of Flashback . . . .

 

“Lets just forget about it Seohyun, its all in the past, let try to move on now. Although its not that easy, but give us time, its not that easy to forget  it, but of course, we owe you our second life, if it also weren’t for you, we wouldn’t be here, I wouldn’t be able to face you now. Thank you, for saving us . . .”

“I just did what I think is right, even though its too late, I don’t want Chen to had the chance to kill you both, after all your still a family to me”

“I’m glad you did that, Thank you . . . .”

“DOC!!  . . . DOC KIM!!! . . . “ Suddenly Sooyoung rushingly came in my side.

“Oh Nurse Choi, What happened?”

“Huh . .  Sir Byun . . huh . . Sir Byun . . “ I got panicked.  

“What happened to Baekhyun?”

“He’s  . . . he’s  . . he’s awake . . .” I hurriedly run to his room and see the man I love looking at me, as if waiting for me to hug him.   

“Baekhyun! . . .” so I hurriedly hug him, not too tight enough for him to breath.

“Hahaha, you miss me don’t you?”
”Of course yes! You Pabo!~ . . . I’m so worried about you, don’t you ever do that!”

“hahaha, why not? If it is going to save you then I wont hesitate to do it again, I love you”

“I hate you, you know that, you made me worry so much. . .”

“hahaha . . . I’m sorry .. .”

“Its ok, ah  . . . are you ok now?  Are you feeling hurt?”

“ahhh . .  I think I still feel hurt . . .”

“Huh? Where?”
”Here . . “ And he pointed his lips. This playful man still didn’t change. Without hesitation I kissed his lips, giving all my longingness for him. After a long sweet kiss, I decided to pull out.   

“Now, feel better?”

“Much better . . .” and I hug him once again.

“I love you Baek, don’t ever leave me again.”

“I wont, I promise”

 

. . . .Knock . . .Knock . .  . .

    

One knock disturbed our little space, it was Seohyun.

“Ah Hi Baekhyun, . . .” I saw how Baekhyun’s face change when he saw her.

“What are you doing here?”

“I just want to apologize, for everything, I already talked to Taeyeon about this, again I’m sorry for what happened, I also didn’t expect Chen to do that, it was not part of the plan, I’m so sorry . . .”

“Ah Baek, I think you two should talk, I’ll just wait outside” and I left them in an awkward silence.

 

Baekhyun’s POV

  

“Baekhyun?” We were in an awkward silence, when Taeyeon left us, for I didn’t know how to approach her, after that incident, but thanks God she speak up.  

“I know its not easy to forgave us, I accept that, and I understand if you wont, but I am here standing infront of you, in behalf of Chen, sincerely asking for forgiveness. I didn’t expected that we’ll end up like this. This is not what I pictured us in the end, but of course its also my fault because I let Chen do it.”

“Seohyun . . .  I would like to think that what just happened is a big scary and terrible nightmaire, but no matter what I do, I think that wouldn’t be possible, you know why? Its because it left me not only physical but emotional damage. I was hurt physically, I was shot two times on my arms and chest, that nearly killed me. I was hurt emotionally because I was betrayed by someone I trust. I lost a friend, a brother and a partner. Because of what happened, I had that impression that I am not safe with everyone, it left me a trauma that everyone could betray and eventually left me. I am complacent that Chen is the only family I have, that he is my brother and bestfriend, but then this happened.”

It’s true, I hated them, but I know that I made a mistake too, on the part of Chen, Yes, I understand his point, but dealing it with force, is somethng I cant understand. I am considered the best negotiator in our  department, but my negotiation with my own case didn’t went well. This is my biggest failure on my part. Forgiving them is the biggest challenge for me, this is not a joke, I am hurt in everyway possible, my life s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter