Emergency (Part IX)

Unexpectedly Expected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chen’s POV

 

Life is so unfair, isn’t it? I may have a complete and wealthy family, but we are not happy. I am the youngest and the only son of the family but eversince I was young I felt like I don’t belong in this family. I knew from the very start that I am a disgrace for my father. Everyday he would show me how unhappy he was. Even to his colleagues, he was ashamed to introduced me.

 

“Chief General Kim, its good to see you . . . How are you?”

“Oh Commisioner General Jung, Thanks for coming, I’m doing good”
”Ahh I heard your son is now in the academy, how is he doing there?”
”His doing fine, but I’m not expecting him to do well, his just a mere boy, not suitable for being  an officer.”

“Ey . . . don’t say that, you might not know, he’ll do well this time, just believe in him, ah where is he?”

“ahh his upstairs, still preparing I think . . . Well enjoy the party Sir . . . excuse me. . .”

 

I was there when they talk,I just thought that he would rather lie than to introduced me them. Good thing theres my Uncle Doc, the father of Baekhyun. His the only one who gives encouragement to me.

 

“Oh Jongdae, what are you doing there?”
”Nothing, I don’t want to go down”

“Come on, Jongdae, Baekhyun is waiting for you downstairs, you heard again your father don’t you?” I just nod.

“ahhh . . don’t mind him, you knew yourself, your doing good, just believe in yourself, ok? Cause I believe in you. . . Just like I always said . . . Be like a stem cell . . .differentiate yourself from others, because evryone is unique, who cares if your not as good as your father, at least your good at other things, like in medicines, no one can memorize the purpose and use of every medicine, like you, so don’t be too harsh on yourself, don’t worry, someday he’ll be proud of you, just wait for it, ok? Now I am so proud of you, both you and Baekhyun are the precious boys in my life”

 

With those words I felt relieved. His the only man I trust, he became more like a father to me,I was so jealous of Baekhyun, he was lucky to have him as his father. So when he died, my faith in myself also died with him. I was devastated when he left me, my only ally in life is gone,though it was hard I still continue.

Years after that, I felt more pressure because of my father, everyone now is making a competition. But I hate competition, I don’t want to always be the follower, I also need to prioritize myself even for a short time. I’m tired of always at the back, I want to be in front, at the center. I don’t want to be the shadow of just someone else, I want to be the main cast, huh but I’m sure it wont happen, because there is this guy who always gets their full attention.

 

“Baekhyun! Congratulations! Finally you graduated, I am so proud of you”

“Thank you Uncle Chief”

“Wow! First Rank Cadet Officer, I’m sure your father is so proud of you”

“I’m sure he is . . . have you met Chen? He also has a special honor”

“ahh yeah . . just a rank four cadet, lower than you got, maybe I’ll congratulate him later, I approach you first, you did so well Baekhyun, I’m really so proud of you”

“Thank you Sir!”      

 

I was there when my father approach him, I was waiting for my father the whole time of ceremony, and then I saw my dad approaching him first instead  of me? I worked hard just to have an honor and yet my father was not satisfied with that.

 

“Congratulations son!” He happily said but not as happy as when he greeted him   

“Thank you Sir! But . . . aren’t you proud of me?”

“I am, but you still need to wok harder, be like Baekhyun, always on the top, Do you understand?”

 

He’s always like that . . . Be like Baekhyun . . . Make him you role model . . . . work harder . . . Folow Baekhyun . . . Baekhyun . . . Baekhyun . . . always Baekhyun!! . . .I’m sick of hearing that name, I am his son but his so proud of him, I’m working hard just to be like him, yet I’m still not good enough.

 

“Great Job Inspector Byun, Through your leadership, your team has been the top agents of our Security Defense Group, a very remarkable milestone for a special force team”

“Thank you for your praise Chief General”

“Now Congratulation!, its an honor for me to inform you that, you are now promoted as a rank four, Senior Inspector”

“Ah . .  really? Ah Thank You Sir!” I can see the joy in his face, finally he had reached his ambition.

“This new position you have was specially assigned by the Commission General, and as order, your position acceptance will take place a week from now. “

“Thank you Sir . . .”

 

After hearing that great news for him, I walked out, another achievemnet for him, while here I am, waiting so many damn years, to be promoted, while him? In just a snap, he’s leveling up?

you! Baekhyun! I ing hate you! You get all the love in this world, the love of everyone, my family, even the woman I love.

 

 “Hey Chen! Come on, we need to go . . .”

“Just  a minute! . . .” 

 

We were in the hospital when I fisrt saw her, she was the prettiest girl I’ve seen. Walking gracefully with her green gown, and a beautiful eyes.

 

“ahh . .  Officer Kim, here’s  the prescription for Officer Byun . . .”

“Ahh excuse me, I’m just wondering, who is that girl at the nurse station?”

“Which one Sir?”

“The one with the green gown wearing a mask”

“Ahh that’s Dr. Kim, Kim Taeyeon, our senior Sergeon”

 

Thats the first time I saw Taeyeon, the next time I saw her, she’s with Baekhyun, drinking coffee at the cafeteria. Now they’re together, he got her first. I was so frustrated when Baekhyun told me that they’re official now.    

     

 . . . .BANG! . . . .BANG!! . . .BANG!!! . . . .

 

“WRONG!! My God Chen! you’re a Private now, and you still cant shoot straight? You almost shot the guy . . . My goodness Chen!, more practice!!”

“I’m sorry Dad!“

“Sorry . . . . always sorry . . . maybe thats why you don’t get promoted, beacuse of your lame skills, my God why did I have a son like you, I wish I’ll have a son like Baaekhyun instead”

“Baekhyun? Baekhyun again, Dad I am your son, cant you just support me, encourage me, instead of dragging me down?”

“huh . . . if you want me to support you, then work harder, you’re a son of a Chief, for heaven’s sake, your a shame in this family, Why cant you be like Baekhyun!”

“Ahhh so you wish that Baekhyun is your son, instead of me . . . . Well sorry, but his not, I am your son, whether you like it or not, you’ll stuck with me.”

“ah . . . then perhaps I should think that I don’t have any son from the first place”

 

I was hurt, hearing those words from your own father, Am I really a shame for my him? Am I really not good enough for him? After that supposed to be happy bonding together I went ahead to my favorite bar. I walk straight to the bar station, drink a few bottles and drown myself to at the corner. I was about to leave when someone touches my hand.

“Hi!”  

“Oh, Seohyun! What are you doing here?”

“Nothing . . . just trying to forget, how about you?”

“Nahh . . . releasing some frustrations . . .”

“hahaha . . .  let me guess from your father again, right?”

“hahaha, how did you know?”

“Come on Chen, were childhood friends, I know everything about you”

“huh . . .How about you? What are you trying to forget?”

“nothing . . . just a of my life”

“shhh!! . . . that of your life is the one I love so better watch your mouth”

“hahaha, your love of your life that already has someone else . .”

“And that someone else is that ing !”

“What a world, our love ones are now together, and now here we are drowning ourselves at one corner”

She sat beside me and ask for a drink, we chat for a while, drink a couple of bottles, till we get drunk.

“So what are you really trying forget here, Seohyun?”

“How many times do I have to tell you, it is because of that ing woman, why you keep on asking that?”

“Nothing . . .I’m just wondering, maybe you  want me to help?”

“Why? Can you?”

“Well, I can show you . . .” then I grab her hand and pulled her to the one of the private room of the bar.

 

. . .  The Next Morning . . .   

 

“OH My GOSH!!! . . . . AHHHHH!!!!” I woke up on a loud scream.

“What the? What happened?!”

“Aahhh, oh my gosh Chen!” I was surprise to see both of us under the blanket.

“Oh my gosh Chen, What did you do?”

“Relax, . . . you said you want to forget, so I help you”

“and we seriously did this?”
”Why? You did enjoy last night, you even roll all over the bed”

“ahhh, whatever, I’ll go wash up” and she pull the blanket, leaving me with just a pillow to cover my body. After we got dress up, we both sat at the bed.

“So what are your plans now?”

“Who? me?”

“Well you else am I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter