Lovely Gap VI

Unexpectedly Expected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Baekhyun’s POV

 

“Mr. Byun, pass this to the digital team, tell them that we got the approval of the management for this,  so start the conceptualization for the promotion video”

“Noted Sir . . .”

 

Its been 2 months, since I graduated, and luckily I got to enter the biggest entertainment company in Seoul. Although I studied music, I was assigned on the production, but its ok, I’ve been dreaming to  be part of this group so, I’ll accept any job for this.   

“Knock knock . . . . Mr. Jin?”

“Oh Hi, Baekhyun, come in . . . I’ve been listening to this song you wrote, and it was so beautiful”

“Really? I feel honored, hearing that from  a great composer . . .”

“This song is really well written, the rhythm, the choice of words, I can feel your emotions here. . . you have the talent to be a composer, why are you working as an assistant production manager?”     

“Ahh haha, I also don’t know, I’m happy to be part of this company, I don’t care if I’ll be assign on any department as long as I am here. “

“I think, you’re a fan of something here”

“I’m lets say that I am just fascinated with the way this company produces music for their artists”

“Well I  hope you’re happy with it and I’ll be happier if one day I’ll get to work with you.”
”I hope too Mr. Jin”

“Dont worry I’ll help you, I’ll try to refer you to the management, just keep on writing, you have a a potential, I hope they would see that.”
”Really? Thank you Mr. Jin!  . . . I’ll continue to work hard on that”

Since the first day I came here, Mr. Jin has been always there for me, He’s one of my idol in terms of composing, and I’m happy that he’s the one mentoring me inside the company, I’m glad to know that he’s liking some of my composition. I’ve been dreaming to become someone like him, now with his help it will soon be a reality.

“Hey, Baek, wanna hang out?” I was busy fixing my thing on my desk, when Minho suddenly called.

“Hang out? Again? We just hang out last night . . . you go ahead, I’ll go home . . .”
”Ok, I’m just wondering if you could join us . . .”
”W-wait wait wait . .  Us? Who’s with you? . . .”
”Ahh, I invited Taeyeon earlier, and she said yes, she’ll bring her friends, and  that Suho guy.”

“What Suho? You mean the . . .”
”Yes Baek, the one she cried for a hundred gallons, thats him . . .”
”Wait I change my mind, where would you hang out?”

“So your going? . . ..Ok! I’ll count on you .  .I also invited Yoona, its been a while since the last time we invited her”

“What?!!”
”No more question Baek,just come to the bar near the central park, 7pm sharp . . . no late!”
”Ok ok . . . I’ll see you!”

 

Taeyeon with Suho? What is this? I thought she’s over with him? What is she doing? After my work, I went to the said bar, and I was welcome with my clingy,girl-friend, Yoona.

“Hi Baek, mwuah . .  I miss you! . . “

“Ahh ok. . . You can get off me . . .”

“Oh Ah Minho’s here, and hes waiting for you . . .”

“Ok ok . . . I’ll go inside, how about you? Aren’t you coming?”
”Ahh You go first, I’m waiting for some one”

“Ok . . .” And I left her, when I get in, as usual, its dark, crowded, and loud music were heard all over the place. I couldn’t see them as there were so many people, wildly dancing on the floor, its still early, and yet all the people are already so wild.


”Baek! . . .Baek!! over here!” I heard Minho shouting from the loft while waving his arms. So I hardly get off the crowd and went upstairs, to the private area.

“Yes! What took you so long Baek, we’ve been waiting for you for an hour, I told you no late . . .”

“I’m sorry, I had a lot of work to finish . . .”

“Nah! Thats ok, what important here is you came and we’re all complete.” I look around and saw that almost all our friends are here, even Taeyeon’s  friends are here.   

“Whats the occasion?” I curiously ask.

“Yeah, Minho Hyung, why did you invite us all here?” Sehun, his team-mate back in college ask.

“Oh right Minho, since we’re all here now, why don’t you reveal your big announcement” Kyungsoo, said.

“Announcement?”

“Ah haha, you really cant wait Kyungsoo . . .  ok here’s my announcement . . .” And Minho, went to the side of Yuri and hold her hand.

“Guys, I invited you all here . . .  to help us celebrate our engagement . . .” and they showed up their rings  on their fingers. I was kinda, surprised that I didn’t react right away. I have no objection, I was just surprised, I didn’t know that he knows how to be serious on girls and that he’ll take their relationship to another level.       

“Wow, Congratulations Minho! Finally after 7 years together, after so many girls in your life, finally! . . you’re settling down”
”Thanks man!” and he hug me.

“Yuri, I salute you for still staying there, beside him. You were the only girl, he gets serious with and I hope your the last, so I wish you could have more patience on him”

“hahaha, We’ve been together for so long, so I know how to make him behave”
”hahaha, you sure are . . . well again Congratulations to the both of you . . .”

“Are we late for the celebration?” Then I heard someone came in, and when I look at it, I saw Taeyeon, with Suho behind her.

“Oh Hey! Taeyeon, come on, your just in time, I just said my announcement and at this time . . . the celebration begins”   and the loud music echoed once again around the room. Everyone is having fun, but here I am, sulking at the corner.

Its been a 6 months since the last time I got to properly talk to Taeyeon, after our big fight, we didn’t get to talk much, as we get seriously awkward around each other. It was my fault anyway.

 

“What happened Oppa?! why are you like that now? I thought no girls yet, but why are you hugging that girl at the fair, is she your girlfriend now?”

“No!”

“Then who is she?!”

“I . . .I like her!”

“ahh you like her . . . so you’ll forget me, because you like her . . ok . .  so lets forget each other then . . .’
”No thats not what I mean . . .”
”No Oppa, its clear . .Now  I know, why are you behaving like that . . . lets stop this, I’m sorry Oppa. Its late, I’ll sleep now, Don’t worry, you wont hear a word from me now.”

 

I know that Taeyeon is a little moody, and possessive sometimes, so I let it pass. But on the following days, she really do what she said, she really ignores me. Since then we didn’t dare to talk to each other again. A simple hi and a short smile is enough, unlike before that we could talk all day.

I promise myself that I will avoid her to stop my growing feelings for her,  but it didn’t work, I didn’t expect that it will turn out like this. I get hurt every time she ignores me, this is what I want so I have to endure it. But I guess no matter, how much you try to stop your feelings for someone, your heart will really make a way to break that. The more I try to erase her, from my system, the more I miss her, the more I want her. I try to slowly talk to her but she kept on avoiding me.

 

“Ah Taaeyeon? Hows school today? . . . “ she didn’t speak.

“Do you need some hel- . . .”

“Oppa, I’m fine, I’m going to bed now . . .” and she close the light, and left.  

 

I try to reach out to her, but she’s really stubborn, when she said its final, its really final, no one can change that, so I let her be and this is the result. Were living in the same house, but we’re like a  shadow to each other.

I tend to missed her even more, now that I didn’t get to see her that often, since I started to work now, while she was in her 3rd year in the university. I didn’t get to guide her now, unlike before, now she became more mature,  she has her own decisions now. She has a lot of friends to help her in her studies, she don’t need me anymore. I thought that if this continues, then maybe I will learn to forget her, but I again . . . I was wrong.

“Hey, Baek are you ok?”

“Yep, I’m fine . . .”
”Really? Then why are you drinking there alone?”

“Nothing . . .”

“Come on lets dance, sadness has no room on this night, we should be enjoying, come on . . .” And Minho drag me at the center. I was a bit hesitant to make move, since I hate doing crazy dance, so I stand there, and observe the people around me. When the music turn into a slow dance, I find my out of the crowd, to sit, since its a dance for couples, but when I’m on my way back to my sit, I saw Taeyeon, sweetly dancing with Suho.  

I felt again the feeling I should never feel . . .  jealousy.

“Huh, why is he holding her like that? . . . ohh . . oh . .  his hands . . “ I was keenly looking at them at the corner, when Yoona suddenly pulled my hands and drag me back on the center.

“Hey wait! . .Yoona what are you doing?“

“Asking you for a dance . . .”

“Asking me? Your dragging me , will you get off me!”

“No! Your my partner for tonight, Changwook didn’t appear, so I’ll endure you”
”What?! No . . no, I don’t like dancing  . . “
”No, you’re not going anywhere, Baekhyun!” and Yoona strongly pulled me in her arms, that I almost kiss her.

“What are you doing? I told you I don’t want to dance why are you so stubborn?”

“Come on Baek, just this night, Please! My boyfriend didn’t show up so . . .”

“So your making me your boyfriend tonight? . . . NO!  . . big NO!” and I strongly break free from her grasp as I head back on my sit.

“ahhhh . . what a head ache!”

Yoona and I had been going out since our last year in college, I admit that I did really like her back then so even I knew that Taeyeon doesn’t like it, I continue going out with her, trying to get to know her better. But whenever I spend time with her, I always saw one person. I thought,  diverting my attention to someone else will help, but its not, so I decided to stop. I dont want Yoona to be, what they call a rebound, I don’t want to hurt her in the end, besides shes been a good friend to me, although sometimes, she really annoying.

After graduation, we parted ways, good thing I never confess to her, cause in reality, she never liked me. She just enjoy my company, when I heard that she got a boyfriend right after that, I sigh in  relief. I’m safe.

“ahh I need more drink . . . “ I stand up and went to the counter.

“One glass of  whiskey, please”

“Right away Sir!” The loud music and crowded place, gets me real headache, I’m not use to this place but I like going in here. I was sitting there quietly, sipping every drop of my drink .

“Sir, one more?”

 “ahh No, this is enough . . .” I get a bit drunk as I drank my 8th glass, the drinks were not that heavy, but because my alcohol tolerance were not that high, I always end up getting drank. I was on my way to the restroom, when I saw two familiar figures, facing too close to each other, I thought its just an ordinary couple, but then I saw the familiar bracelet, hanging around that thin wrist .

“Wait that looks familiar . . .” I walk closer to the two figure, passionately kissing each other as if they’re at their own room. But when I got close to them . . . .

“Ahh yes? . . .”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter