My Dream Prince VIII

Unexpectedly Expected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

. . . Alarm Snooze . . .

 

 

“Ahhh~ . . .huh! . . Good Morning”

 

Its Saturday morning, but I feel like its already the start of a long week, my body felt so tired, and my eyes wont cooperate with me, it keeps closing down.

“Ahh Wake up Taeyeon!” I scold myself. I walk to my bathroom, and look at the mirror.

“Damn Taeyeon, you look horrible! Thats not eye bags anymore! Thats a luggage! . . Damn!” I said as I expected. Well who wouldn’t look like that when you barely had a good sleep last night?My gosh! It took me til 5am to finally get sleepy, and look at the time now, its 7am, I’m doomed with 2 hours sleep, What a great day to start, and with a heavy heart I prepare myself for a cold shower.

 

I was washing my face and looking at the mirror when a scene from last night suddenly comes to my mind.

“No no . . . stop thinking about that Taeyeon, its just an accident” I said as I try to sway myself from that happenings last night. And so I finish doing my business. While I was dressing up, I unknowingly caress my neck while looking at the mirror, my mind was being drag again, by the thought of last night. I don’t know why I couldn’t easily brush it off from my memory, that was not even a good one or is it?

 

I didn’t notice that I was staring at myself in the mirror for too long, til I heard my phone rings, it was Yeri, and so I pick it up.

“Hello? . . .Yeri?” I ask.

“Hmm? . . .I received your message, What is it? Why do you want to meet up early this morning?” she ask with her famous annoyed morning voice.

“I had something to tell you. . .”

“What is it? Can’t you just tell me now here?” I was hesitating whether to tell her on phone or not, I feel like its embarrassing to tell her in person, but then, I thought that its not safe to tell her on the phone, cause someone might hear of what I’m saying.

“Ah actually, its something I want to consult to . . .”

“hmmm . . . I feel like that would be a long discussion, so I guess, phone calls wont do . . . Ok where do you want to meet? At your hou-. . .”

“Ah No! . . .” I immediately object.

“Huh? Why are you not at home?” she confusingly ask

“Ah No, I am at home”

“Oh your at home, so why can’t we meet there?”

“Yeri . . . Just . . . not at home . . . Please?”  

“Your at home, but don’t want to meet there . . . hmm . . . I guess I know what this is about, so ok, if not at your house then where?”

“Ahh Lets meet at the cafe where I work”

“Oh? You have work today? Its weekend though.”

“Unfortunately, Yes . . .”

“Ok . . . Then I’ll see you there in an hour?”

“Ok See you” I said before hanging up.

 

After preparing myself, I went out from my room, and I again, unintentionally, I repeat, UNINTENTIONALLY, look at the door beside mine.

“Is he awake now?” I thought. I was hesitating whether I should knock or not, but after thinking twice, I decided not to do it.

“Ah No, no, no . . . I will be so obvious if I do that, No Taeyeon, you should never go to him . . . Never knock in!” I said.

 

 

. . . knock! Knock! . . .

 

 

“Oh great Taeyeon, you did absolutely right” I sarcastically said. After 2 knocks, I still got no answer, so I decided to just went down, and do what I suppose to do. But before, I could take my step away, his door suddenly opens, he came out smiling at me, greeting me as if nothing happened.

 

“Good morning, Taeyeon!”

“Ahh Good Morning?” I awkwardly said.

“Are you going out? Its still early” he ask.

“Ah yeah, I have work today”

“ahh . . .ok, Well I’ll go down and prepare your breakfast then” he said, before going down, leaving me in a really awkward state.

 

“Whats with him? Didn’t he remember . . .Ahh maybe he didn’t, yeah, maybe he’s not, I’m just the one over thinking about it” I thought. And so I went down to the kitchen and find him busy roaming around the place. I sat at the counter stool and watch him from behind. With him just wearing his plain white shirt and blue checkered pajama, makes me wonder the wildest thought, that I’d never imagine wondering.

 

“hmmm . . . He could be perfect boyfriend . . .  maybe a husband” 

 

I was just looking at him while wondering, that I didn’t notice that he’s already looking at me.

 

“Oh You’re already here, your just in time, breakfast is ready” and he brought the half burn eggs and bacon on the table. I kept myself from laughing real hard.

 

“I know what your doing, you don’t have to hide it, just laugh if that will pleases you” and I did.

“Pff . . . You really laugh hard, Now I regret telling you that”

“hahaha . . . I’m sorry, its just funny, you can cook any food, but still you couldn’t master frying eggs and bacon, hahaha I can’t imagine . . . ” and I laugh my heart out.

“Ok . . . laugh all you want, but wait and see till I master this, I’ll make sure you’ll regret it, when I cook this every morning for you, just wait” I suddenly felt something from his words, something that struck my heart that made it beat so fast. I suddenly feel this weird feelings again.

 

“No, no, no . . . It has no meaning Taeyeon, stop over thinking . . .No!” I thought as I try to calm myself.  

 

“Ok, so enjoy your breakfast” he said.

“Wait, your not joining me?”

“Ahh no, I’ll be leaving soon, I’ll just wash up and go” he said.

“ahh . . . where are you going?”

“Ahh . . . to my friend, I’ll see you tonight.” and he walk upstairs. I suddenly felt this weird feeling of betrayal, and its make me so uncomfortable.

 

“To a friend? This early? . . . Pffff! Just say that you’ll go to that Irene again! Huh . . who the hell is that girl, she’s not even that pretty, huh . . Wait, why do I sound like a jealous girlfriend? . . . Argghh! Damn you Baekhyun, this is all your fault” I said.  

“Why? What did I do?” I was surprise when I suddenly heard him talk.

“Oh Yah! You surprise me, how long have you been there?” I nervously ask.

“Not so long, Why? What is my fault? What did I do?”

“Ahh Nothing, just this burn eggs . . Wait, I thought your washing up? You’re already done?” I ask.

“Ahh no, I’ll just get some water” And he went over to the fridge.

“Are you ok Taeyeon? You look tense . . .”

“Yeah, I’m fine . . . its just that, this taste bitter”

“Yah!! stop saying that, its not that burn . . let me taste it” and he hold my hand, which hold the fork and cut a piece egg and lead it to his mouth.

“hmmm . . . Yah! Its not that bitter, its taste fine . . .maybe you are the one who’s bitter, hahaha” he laughingly said as he went up again.

 

“Maybe I am, I’m really bitter on you and that Irene Girl . . .tsss” I thought. After I’m done, I washed the dishes, and I heard some footsteps going down the stairs, when I look back I saw him, dashingly handsome, in just a simple jeans and blue shirt, with his hair, style up, just how I like it.

“Bye, Taeyeon,I’ll see you later” He said, I just smiled.

 

“Seriously? is he just going to a friend? Or to a date? . . .  Argghh!! Oh Please! Stop feeling that Taeyeon!” I frustratingly said. I went up to my room, and prepare my things.

“Ok. . . tickets . . . check, gate pass . . .check, money, keys . . .check, ok all is set” I said. I pick up my phone, and saw a message from Yeri.

 

“Hey Taeyeon, I’ll be a little late, so please, have some patience with me . . haha still, see you”

 

“Tsss . . . whats new, your always late” I thought. And so I replied her.

 

“OK I’ll try to do that, but don’t be so late or I’ll kill you”      

 

“ah Unnie . . . Hajima!! . . hahahaha” she replied. I just can’t help but to smile, she’s actually older than me, by just a month, but she acts as if she’s my dongsaeng, what a tragic irony.

 

I was scrolling through my sns, when I suddenly saw the date on my phone, thats when I remember that one special occasion, my sister’s birthday.

 

“Omo!! Its Boa Unnie’s birthday! . . .I almost forgot! I should call her” I was about to call her, but then I thought, that since I’m off to Busan later, its better to greet her in person.

“Right, that would be fun, I’m sure Unnie will be happy to see me, I’ll just surprise her later, Hmmm!! I’m getting excited” I said, before leaving the house.

 

Soon, and I reach the cafe, I was welcome by my good looking friend Jennie together with, wait . . .

 

“Sehun? . . .” I said in surprise.

“Oh Hi Taeyeon . . Ok don’t freak out, I know you already know Sehun, we just met along the way, and he’s kind enough to drive me here”

“Oh ok . .  that wouldn’t freak me out, I know how fast this guy is, so . . .” and I look at Sehun.

“Oh Taeyeon stop being jealous, we just met and since I want your delicious breakfast meal, I decided to drop by here.”

“Huh . .  I’m not jealous Sehun, I’m just surprise . . Now, Jennie is your next target”

“Huh? No she’s not . .. “

“Eyyy!~ . . . .I’m telling you Jennie, be careful with this guy . . he’s too lovable, just what he always said”

“hmmm . . . Well I believe that he really is” Jennie said.

“Oh no . . . What did you do to her Sehun? Now she’s falling for you”

“I told you so, I’m just so lovable” he said and I rolled off my eyes on him, My gosh! He’s still full of his self.

“Well a piece of advice. . . even though Jennie, looks clumsy outside, she’s not that easy, she’s incredibly smart, so Good luck Sehun, you’ve met someone your own kind. . . tsk . . .tsk . . ” I worriedly said.

“Yah! Stop scaring me . . . I’m not that easily get discouraged . . .” I can feel the nervousness in his words.

“hahaha, oh yes you are . .” I said.

“So Taeyeon, well go ahead first, Oh and Mr.Shim is looking for you” she said before dragging Sehun with her. I laughingly followed them. After the quick briefing with Mr. Shim, I seat at the table near the entrance door, waiting for my friend, since today is not our regular shift, I am now considered as a customer, so I have no choice but to order to stay.

 

“Huh . . . When will you come Yeri? I don’t have enough time” I said while looking at the clock. After a few minutes, I finally saw Yeri, coming down from a familiar convertible blue sports car.

“Oh? Is that Yeri? Why is she? . . .Wait, where did I saw that car?”

“Hey Taeyeon! Sorry I’m a bit late”

”Your not a bit late Yeri, you are absolutely late” I frustratingly said.

“Ok Ok . ..now spill it”

“What?”

“Duh? . . . stop wasting time, tell me, whats your concern?”

“Wow, so now I’m the one wasting time here, what a great twist”

“Hurry, I have other meet up today, so tell me” Yeri impatiently said.

“Ahhh . . .ah so . . .” I couldn’t speak

“Are you going to say it or you’ll gonna say it?” She literally gave me no choice, but I am too shy to talk about it, I didn’t know this will be so hard and embarrassing.

“Ahhh can’t we just take this slow, its so embarrassing”

“You started this first, huh . . .ok, lets begin at the time of incident, when did this happened?” she ask.

“Ahh  . . . Last night?”    

“Are you sure, I think your not sure”

“I’m sure Yeri”

“Really? You answer with a question mark, so are you sure?”

“Yeri!!”

“ok ok . .  so last night, ooohhh!!! so its still fresh . . . ok next, where did it happened?”

“Ahh at the house” this time I try to answer in straight tone, or she’ll repeat the question again.   

“At the house, where in particular in the house?”

“What? Do I need to answer that?”

“Of course, I won’t know the whole mood of your story if I wouldn’t know the place”

“Is it really necessary? Huh! Ok ok . . . ah at the living room”

“What? Why it has to be there?” she said in disappointment.

“Why? Does it has to be a different place?”

“Well no . .  I mean I hope so, it could be in your bedroom or his- . .”

“Yeri!! Your thinking too wild!” I silently shout at her and her wild imagination.

“Why? don’t tell me, my imagination is far from what happened” she said

“No, I mean Yes . . . yours was too liberated, I can’t imagine that” I said.

“huh . . . ok let see till the end, next, who was the person involved?”

“Do you have to ask that? Of course, its me and . . . and . .  and Baekhyun” I said then hide my face in embarrassment. When I look at her, I saw her smiling and weirdly smirking at me, as if she already knew what happened.

‘”Yah, don’t smile like creep there, its scares me even more” I said.

“Ok ok, so now the plot, tell me, just comfortably tell me, what happened?” and with no choice, I started the story.           

 

 

. . . . Flashback . . ..

 

 

It was past 10pm, I was walking to our street, when I saw a fancy red car park near my house.

“Wahh! . . . We must have a new neighbor here” I said, then I saw someone getting off the driver’s side.

“Oh so its a guy . .wait . . is that?. .” I walk closer to see if that guy is who I had in mind.

“Yah! Drive safely! Don’t use your phone while driving! Understand?” I heard the guy said.

“Wait is that . . .Baekhyun?” I surprisingly said. Then a woman get off from the driver’s seat.

“Yah! Wheres my hug?” I heard the woman ask and hug to him.

 

“What the-! Wahhh! How dare that woman! Huh!” I annoyingly said.

“Pfff . . . and you dare to hug her back Baek Huh? Aish!! . . Seriously?” I’m becoming to be annoyed, wait No! I am now annoyed and irritated.

“Wahh and you two really hug tight huh? How dare you woman?” I said. I was at the peak of my irritation when I come to realize who the woman is . . .

 

“Is that? . . .” I look carefully and to my surprise.

“Irene?” I was about to come out and run to that girl when Baekhyun hurriedly send her off, I hide behind the post and waited for her to pass by.

“Irene? He went out with Irene, at this late? There must be something going on with them” I feel like I was rejected for a hundred times, it hurts. When I saw her car swiftly passed by, I came out and head straight home. As soon as I open the door, I saw Baekhyun leaning at the sofa, with his eyes close and a bottle of beer on his hand.

“Huh . .  so he went out drinking with her, at this time . . Wahh! Your impossible Baekhyun” I thought.

 

I went up to my room first to settle my things and went down.

“Baek . . . Baekhyun . . . wake up” I said, an he open his eyes, when our eyes met, he smiled.

“Oh Taeyeon, your here . . . I thought you’ll be late again”

“Are you drunk?” I ask.

 

“Duh? What a question Taeyeon, of course he is, look at him” I thought.

 

“No no . . . I’m just tipsy . . .” and he hold up his hand and show me the half empty bottle of soju.

“Ok . . . Your drunk, lets go to your room . . .” I said as I hold his arm and try to support him, but he hold me instead and pull me down to seat beside him.

“Ahhh . . . I’m not that drunk Taeyeon . . . not that drunk ok? Here . . .” and he gave me a bottle of soju from the plastic on the floor. He still have 3 bottles to finish, and now he wants me to help him finish it.   

 

“huh . . . you drink with that woman, and now your asking me to help you finish that, your amazing Baekhyun . ..” I thought as I take the bottle in his hand.

 

“Ok . . . I’ll drink this, but just this one. . .OK?” I said, and he gave me a thumbs up. Without wasting anytime, I drank it up in one shot.

“Ooohh … “ I heard him speak.

“You are a great drinker Taeyeon, I didn’t know that”

“huh . . Now you do, so next time if you’ll gonna drink, don’t call on somebody else, just call me, and I’ll drink with you”

“hahaha. . . ok . . I’ll call you, just don’t be jealous” he said.

“What? I’m not jealous” I denied

“You are . .” he insist.

“I am not!” I annoyingly said, and then pull up the bottles from the plastic on the floor.

“Oh, I thought, you’ll only drink one?” He ask.

“I change my mind, you trigger me Byun Baekhyun, now I want more”

“So lets drink then . .. cheers” and we both drink up.

 

Soon we were both drunk, I particularly drunk, as in really drunk, much worst than Baekhyun. I think I am the one who finish all those bottles.

 

“hahaha . . . so you went to that broadcasting place and ask for who?” he said.

“Voice Jack Baekhyun, VOICEJACK!!”

“Huh? I’m not that Voice Jack?”

“Pabo! . . I know you’re not him, I said I was hoping to see Voice Jack the DJ of my favorite broadcast, you know. . .“

“Ahh . .  the one you always listen to”

“Correct, but . . I didn’t see him” and he laugh at me.

“And why are you laughing? Its

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter