Lovely Gap II

Unexpectedly Expected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Baekhyun’s POV

 

“Baekhyun . . . Baekhyun? . . . Byun Baekhyun!!!!!”
”Ye-YES!!”

“Are you ok?”

“Yes, I’m fine . . .”

“Focus man, we need to catch up on Taeyeon, oh  . . . there she is . . .”

“Next. . . . Kim Taeyeon! . .”

“WHOAHHH!!! Congratulations Taeyeon-ah!!!” Minho shouted real loud, making all the people look at him. Due to embarrassment, I glared at him, giving him a slight elbow on his side.

“What? What did I do?” He innocently ask.

 

Finally, after 3 years years in High school, she’s finally graduating, and just like a real brother, we were so proud of her, even though, we, specially me, struggles a lot in her studies, she manage to graduated with honors and special award. Finally she’s entering College, this is the moment we’ve been waiting for. We are partly happy as well as worried for her, happy because she slowly turning into a mature lady, and worried because, she’s going to face a new phase in her life. I am particularly worried, that she could meet a whole new group of people and soon forget us, I am afraid that she would change eventually,  and most of all I am afraid when the day comes the she will learn to love someone. I don’t think I am prepared for that, for me, she’s still my baby Taeyeon.

 

“Oppa! . . . “ After the ceremony, Taeyeon immediately run toward us, and we gladly hug her tight.

“Oh My . .  . Congratulations Taeyeon ah! I am so proud of you, finally . . here I have soemthing for you.”
”hahaha, . .  Wow!Thanks Minho Oppa! Hahaha, Baekhyun Oppa, see . .  I told you, I can handle this, Your not trusting me”

“haha I was wrong, Now I trust you, you did well, you proved me wrong, Congratulations Taeyeon”

“ah So thats it? No gift? Minho Oppa gave me this, haow about you Baek Oppa?”

“Of course I have a gift” And I hand her a small box, that  I’ve been keeping for years now, waiting for this time to come.  

“ahh Oppa, whats this?”

“Open it, I’ve been waiting for this day to come, I was thinking about you when I bought that, So I hope you would treasure that”

“Wow!, Baek Oppa, this was the necklace I’ve been wanting to buy. . . Thank you Baek Oppa . . . Its really beautiful”

“I’m glad you like it, here let me put it on you” and I move behind her. Its fun to see how really small she is, and she holds her hair to the side while  as I attached the necklace on her.

“This reminds me of you, your like a diamond for us, I hope that you continue to shine, not only for us, but also for other people.”

“Awww . . . thank you Baek Oppa! I will really keep this, I love you Oppa!”

“Wait . . . only him?” and the jealous Minho cut in.

“Of course, I love you too Minho Oppa, you two are the best brothers for me”

“And wait, Taeyeon there’s more. . .” Taeyeon’s mother said.

“There’s someone who like to greet you”

“Huh? Who? . . .” and a familiar face walks in the room, and as she walks close to us, my heart started to beat fast. After 5 years, I finally got to see her again.

“Congratulations Taeyeon!. . . “

“Unnie!!” and Taeyeon runs and hug her. Minho worriedly looks at me.

“Baek, are you ok?”

“Yes, of course . . . “ I try to compose myself, trying hard not to be affected.

“Unnie, I missed you, its so long since the last time we met, how are you?”

“Oh right, its been 5 years, since I stay in London. I’m glad to be back, I’m so proud of you, . . . Wow! Your were only just this small when I left, now your still small , but looks prettier.”

“hahaha Unnie, I know my height, don’t remind me, hahaha thank you for coming, when did you came?”

“I just came last night, Mother told me that your graduating soon, so I hurriedly book a flight to personally congratulates you”

“Awww . . . Thank you Unnie, I feel touched hahaha, ah by the way, still remember our neighbors, Minho Oppa . . .”

“Hi . . its been a while Soyou . . .” and they shake hand.

“And of course Baekhyun Oppa” I was hesitant to shake hand with her, since I feel awkward, but I set aside it, so I greeted her with a smile.

“Its been a while. . . How are you Baekhyun? . . “

“ahh I’m fine . . . I’m doing good, so how are you? Hows life in London?”

“Well it was great and I am  happy”

“Ahhh happy . . . . happier than staying here? . ..” I didn’t notice that I say my thoughts aloud, so in the end, I made the suppose to be happy day, an awkward moment, but thanks for my brilliant friend, Minho, he quickly  brakes that awkward silence.

“Ahhh . .  so shall we go now, I thinks its time for dinner, come on I’m hungry. . .”And without answering I took the lead and left the room, that was embarrassing.                    

Soyou and I, first met in high school, she was my biggest crush, she was the most beautiful girl for me. Her sweet shy smile can make all the boys fall for her, and that includes me. It took a while before I got the courage to ask her out for some lunch or dinner. And I was the happiest man alive when the day comes that we became official, we were only 16 that time. Because were so young, we were so immature at that time, small things grows big, small argument leads to separation, with that case, we didn’t last long, we had an on-off relationship for 4 years, until she finally decides to really end thing on us.

 

“Baekhyun I’m sorry, but this isn’t working out . . . . I try to keep this relationship but. . .”

“But you cant . . . I know, . . . I know you’ll do that, . . .I already expected that from you”

“I’m sorry Baek, I know you’re a good man, but I cant love you the way how much you love me, I don’t only want to be at the receiving end, I also want to give you the love you deserved but I know that I am not that girl who can give you that.”

“I just want to ask one thing. . . . Did you loved me?” I nervously ask her, afraid of knowing the truth.

“I did . . . . but I am not happy anymore. . .”

“ahhh . . . so your not happy, . . . . So is your plan to go to London will make you happy?”

“ah  . .  How did you know that?”

“Just answer me, . . . will that make you happy?” she didn’t speak, and by the look of her expression, I got my answer.

“If that’s your choice, then I’ll respect it. I can wait for you”

“No Baekhyun, don’t . . . don’t do that . . .”

“Please let me . . . let me wait for you, if the time comes that you want to come back to me , then I’ll  accept you again, but, if you don’t then I’ll accept it.”

“But I don’t want you to wait for nothing, I don’t want to waste your time waiting for me. There’s no assurance on this Baek . . .”
”Still . . . I’ll wait for you . . . . I’ll wait till you come back to me . . .”         

 

After that talk we didn’t had the chance to see each other, the moment I heard that she really go on with her plan, to go to London to study, made me realize that our relationship was not really her priority that time. She chose her ambition over me, which I completely understand. But no matter how much I understand that, I still feel hurt, and until now, I’m still waiting for her. 5 years had passed and I still want her back.

After that celebration party, I took that chance to had a talk with her.

“Hi. . .”

“Hi . . .” an awkward silent came in.

“Ahh so how are you? Taeyeon told me that your now a professional artist, I’m happy for you”
”Thank you . . . How about you? Still in college?”

“Yes, still have 1 year to finish”

“Well good, I am happy for you too, finally your pursuing your dream”

“haha, music is really my passion, just like you . . .”

“ah hahaha, You didn’t pursue it, just because of me, right?”

“Ah? Of course not, Its my own choice.”

“hmmm . .  good, I heard that your also helping Taeyeon, I’m happy that your leading her on the right track”

“Of course, she’s my favorite dongsaeng, I just want the best for her, as you would also wish for her.”

“Thank you for supporting my sister, although were not biological sisters, I love her as much as my real sisters, so thank you for helping her out.”

“Your welcome, you know that I’ll do anything for you and your love ones”

“Ahh Baek . . I thought were clear on this. . .”

“Soyou . . . even though its been 5 years, I’m still here, waiting for your return”

“Baek, I thought its already clear, I didn’t ask you to wait for me in the first place because I don’t want like this to happen. I already moved on with my life, I am happy now, and I hope you do too. Don’t waste your time on me, I’m begging you . . .” And she left, braking my small chance of winning her back.

“tsk. . .tsk . . tsk . . I guess you need to moved on now Baek, she’s happy now, see?” Minho softly said.

 

Should I? . . .

 

 

 

Taeyeon’s POV

 

 

YES! First day of College life, finally I can be with my best brothers, but, unfortunately, I can be with them for only a year, cause they’ll graduate soon. How sad, but its ok, I can be with them anytime, outside school. Now that I am already in college I need to focus now, just what Baekhyun Oppa, always tell me, College is the training ground to be a professional, so I really need to be mature, well good luck for me, I hope I achieve that.

“Taeyeon ah! Hurry up! An- . . oh your here”

“Baek Oppa . . . no need to shout, I’m r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter