Love For Hire II

Unexpectedly Expected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Baekhyun’s POV

 

A day had passed and my anger slowly subsiding, after a week, I went home to my real home, and as expected she was not there. What should I expect from her?

“Ahhh I am at home yet I don’t feel like I’m at home, What a life . . . ahh” I said as I lie on my bed.

“What should I do now? . . .” I was thinking of how to waste my day, when suddenly I received a message.

 

“Baek, I know you’re still mad at me, but can you please talk to me, or lets meet up. I’m really sorry, I’ll wait for you here at our meeting place”

 

I would like to reject and make this hard for her, but my fingers work alone, and it said yes.

“Aish! Pabo!~ Baekhyun! . ..” I mentally scold myself.

When I reach our meeting place I saw her, seating at our favorite place.

“Wow, what a surprise, you were early today”

“Baek,  I’m glad your here, I thought you wouldn’t come . . .”

“So what do you want to talk about? . . How would I those girls out?, How would I- . ..”

“I’m sorry . . .” Its the first time she ever say sorry to me, Yes, she would say sorry but this is the first time, I felt her sincerity, unlike before, that it goes off from her nose, you know what I mean.

“I’m sorry, If I forget about you, I’m sorry for what I’ve said, I didn’t mean it, I was just overwhelmed with my emotion that I didn’t know what I’ve been saying. I’m sorry, I was considered an actress but I couldn’t act properly my main role as your wife, I’m sorry if I’m neglecting you, I’m really sorry . . .”

No matter how mad I am to her, I cant take to see her cry in front of me, I’m weak for girls who cry because of me. My heart tend to get soft whenever she cry. I know my anger wouldn’t stay that long to her, so I gave in. I hug her in my arms, rubbing  my hand at her back.

“I’m sorry too, Yoona. You were right, I’m was being so unreasonable, I should have understand you, I’m really sorry. . . .” and just like a kid, we cried out loud. After that embarrassing moment, we finally realize that there’s a seat, so take a sit, and continue our talk.

“So what are your plans now?” I ask’

“Ahhh well I don’t know, I’m sorry Baek, if I couldn’t promise that I wouldn’t deny you . . .”

“Dont worry, I understand . .”

“But theres one thing that I can promise you now . ..”

“What is it? . . .”

“I promise that your dream will soon come true . . .”

“What do you mean?”

“I agree on having a baby . . .”

“Really? Wahh . . Thank you Yoona!” and I hug her

“So when will we do it? Tonight? Tomorrow? Later? . .”

“Hahaha, Relax, well I have one condition . . .”

“Hmm? Condition? What is it?” I curiously ask her.

“Its not me, who’ll get pregnant . . .”

“What? Not you? Then who do you want then? Me?! . . .”

“No!, Geez Baek, of course you cant get pregnant, men cant bear a child you know”

“Then who?”

“We’ll hire one . . .”

 

What?! . . .

 

 

***

 

 

“ . . . Last call for all passengers of Korean Air flight number 919 . . . “

 

“Wait wait wait . . . Wait for me!” A small figure pulling a small heavy suitcase, hardly passing through the crowd.

“Aish Hurry Up! Were going to be late . . . .” and another small figure waiting at the end, watching her little friend squeezed by the numbers of people.

“Good Morning Maam . . . boarding pass please . .” the stewardess ask.

“Here! . .”
”YAH!! LEE SOONKYU, I told you to wait for me! . . .”

“Yah! No real name basis, its so embarrassing . . .”

“Huh oh, whatever Sunny, huh ..  here’s my pass Maam . . .” and the small young lady show her pass.

“Welcome to Korean Air, you’ll be seated at 21Aand B, that would be at the right side. . ..”

“Thank you. . . .” and the two young ladies, find their seats.

 

“Welcome dear Passengers, thank you for choosing Korean Air . . . in 55 minutes we’ll be landing on Namhae Island,so sit back, relax and enjoy the ride . . .”

 

“Whoah! Finally! After years of survival, you’re finally going home . . .”

“Yeah, its been 7 years, since I left and I didn’t know that on this way, I’ll go back home”

“I’m really sorry again to what happened to your father, Taeyeon, condolence again”

“Thank you Sunny, Thank you for coming with me”

“Thats fine, you’re my best friend, what friends are for if I cant be there for you, this is the least I can do”

“Thank you . . .” and Taeyeon held her hand and smile.

“Ok stop being emo, reserve your tears for later, now wheres the locket that you’re talking about earlier”

“Wait I’ll look for it . . .” And Taeyeon search every pocket of her bag but found nothing but pieces of paper

“Oh No! . . Where’s the locket?”

“Hmm?  Don’t you say you forget it . . .. .” Sunny said.

“No, I remember I put it here in my bag, before I go to your house the other night . . .wait” Taeyeon suddenly, stop and think . . .

“I put that locket here on this pocket, before riding my motorbike, I was in a hurry, that I didn’t zip it up, and then . . . .”

“And then what? . . .”

“I had an accident, Thats it!  . . .  I had a minor accident that night . .. “

“You what?. . .Accident? How come I didn’t see you in full bandage?”

“Oh Come on! I wasn’t seriously got hurt, so no need to bandage myself like a mummy.”

“Whoah, you never tell me that, now tell me the whole story” and Taeyeon told her friend what happened that night.

“Oh really? Was he a cute guy? manly? Hot?”

“Oh please Sunny, were talking about my lost locket here, Don’t ask me about the guy, cause I didn’t see him clearly because it was pretty dark, and he was wearing a hood, so theres no way I can answer that. OK!”

“Fine, I’m just wondering what the guy looks like, so you think you lost that locket that night?”

“I think so, huh . . . what will I do, its my fathers gift to me, on my birthday, he said to never loose it, and now I did. What should I do? That was my last remembrance of him. . .”

“Oh Don’t worry, I’m sure your dad will understand you, who knows maybe someday, it goes back to you, or better yet, that guy, will bring  you back that locket, we never know, maybe he’s your soulmate . . .”

“Ts . . .Soulmate? Oh Stop it Sunny, theres no such thing as soulmate”

“Oh really, well lets see when it happens to you . ..”

“You know what, lets just sleep, cause I’m really sleepy, instead of saying nonsense . .Ok?”

And the two best buddies, fell asleep on each others shoulder. Minutes later, and the plane finally landed.

 

“Whoah! Touchdown! Namhae!! . . . Ready Taeyeon? . . .”

“Ready, This is it . . . “

 

 

Taeyeon’s POV

 

 

“NO!! No one is leaving, your not leaving our house Taeyeon . . .”

“No Dad! I’ll follow Heechul Oppa in Seoul, I want to also try new things instead of burying myself here on this nonsense trash, . . .”

“Nonsense? You call this crops, nonsense? Taeyeon, these nonsense crops your calling was the one who feed you, who paid for your school, who give you the money your wasting and now your calling this, nonsense trash? HOW DARE YOU!!”

 

Yeah right How dare me. This was the last time I saw my father alive. Our last meeting were not that good, I had a fight with him, and left without telling him.  I was so full of myself, I want to fly high, that I forgot what my Dad had done for me, I was so stupid. Yeah thats me, Kim Taeyeon, the stupid young lady, who cant even appreciate the small things her dad did for her.

And because of that bad habit, I was left  with full of regrets, regret, that I didn’t stayed by his side when he called for me. Regret that I didn’t listen to him, to his wishes. Regret that I didn’t had the chance to say sorry to him, I really love my father and I regret that I didn’t got to show it on his last days.  Now its too late, I could only see him, lying there inside the box, breathing nothing.

“Hi Dad, its me, Taeyeon, I’m sorry that its only now that I got to come home, and I’m sorry if I didn’t listen when you needed me. . . I’m sorry Dad!” My tears were flowing non-stop, as I stare at my Dad. He lost so much weight, his face looks so old, his hair grew white, and the lines under his eyes and forehead are completely visible, Its only now that I got to see the real look of my dad, my hardworking dad.

Ever since my Mom died, when I was 8years old, my Dad took all the responsibility, to take care of me and my older brother, no one help us. He raised us alone, through planting various herbs and fruits, then harvest it and sell it to the market. He did that for 14 years, and I hate myself for not appreciating that before. All I care is myself.

My older brother, Heechul Oppa, were so much like me, we were like twins, whatever he wants, I also wants. So when he decided to go to the city, Seoul, I also plan of going with him, but my dad, really opposed it.

 

“Dad, please, I really want to try thing in the city, I want to explore new things, Please Dad, . .”

“Heechul oppa, I’m going with you . . “

“NO!! No one is leaving! Not you Heechul or even you Taeyeon, here is our home ..  here is where we stay . .”

 

I’ve always thought before that this is a very selfish reason, that he just want to keep us from the world. My dad was really mad at Oppa when he suddenly left, I also get mad at my Dad, that time, for not letting us do what we want, so after a year, I decided to follow Heechul Oppa. Although it would hurt dad again, but I still do it, even though I’m not yet familiar with the city, I took the risk, for two reasons; one is to find my brother and two is to be free, to do what I really  want.

I thought everything would be fine and easy now, when I live in the city, but it doesn’t seem to reach my expectation. It was so hard, I struggled a lot, that’s when I realize that Dad was right but it was too late, I have no money left to go back. Its not easy living alone in the big city, Its really a struggle to find a home, a job to earn money,to buy some food and drink, and to buy my necessities. But luckily I met Sunny, she’s the one who help me in my stay there, she’s the one who I got to share my problem with, in other words she became my best friend, and until now, I treat her  more than a real sister.

“Hey Taeyeon, Someone is looking for you . . .”

“Huh? Who is it? . .”

“Ahh Its De-dean? Dean I think. ..” I hurriedly went out and meet the man I was missing of. My childhood best friend.

“Dean! . . .”

“Taeyeon! Its so good to see you . . . I’m sorry about your Dad, you know that he somehow became my Dad for a short time, and its so sad that he left us.”

“Thank  you, Dean . . .”

“Hey, Whats the face? Don’t blame yourself ok,, I knew that no matter what you did, Your

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter