Emergency (Part VI)

Unexpectedly Expected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Baekhyun’s POV

 

“Maybe someday, I can trust you with my own life” Dr. Kim said. I felt happy having a little time with her, I’m happy sharing stories with her, I am happy just being with her. I’m glad that she still remembered my son, I can see how much she love children, I can see the care of a mother in her eyes when she looked at the little boy sitting beside our table. I felt more attracted to her.    

“I’ll wait for that, . . . . “ One message interrupt our conversation

“Baek . . . where are you? We need to prepare the stocks”

“Why? Who is it?”

“Its Chen, my co-officer, He’s looking for me now . . . So let’s go, its time”  She curiously looked at me

“Dont worry, this time, its really time, check your phone” And she checked it.

“Ok,I know your telling the truth, so lets go?” We both stand up and head to the main lobby.

“What are you smiling at?” She asked.

“Nothing, I am happy that you joined me for breakfast earlier, I hope you can join me again sometime”

“Well, . . . Lets see, maybe I can think about that . . . .”

“Ahh regarding about that . . . I wanna ask something . . . .”

“What is it? . . .”

“I heard that you’re invited by the Association for the welcoming ceremony this evening, I was wondering if I can . . .”

“You can what?”

“I can com- . . . “

 

“BAEKHYUN!!!”  I was stop and surprised when suddenly someone came and interrupt us.

 

“Oh no!” I didn’t expect to see her.  I was surprised when she suddenly hugs me.

“Let go!!! . . . “

“Baekhyun, Babe. . . . I miss you . . .”

“Please . . . LET GO!” And I push her away from me.

“Ok Ok . . . Oh Hi Dr. Kim! I didn’t noticed your there, Good to see you!”

“Whats good on seeing you?!”

“Wait . . . wait . . .Did you two know each other?”

“Of course Babe, Who wouldn’t know the famous Dr. Kim Taeyeon”

“Dont call me ‘Babe’ . . . and will you get off me . . . Dr. Kim is this true?” I was surprise when I knew that they knew each other. What a small world . . .

“Ah unfortunately yes, she’s my cousin . . . the heir of TaeSuk Wings Group, I’m sorry but I’ll go off first . . .Excuse me . . .” And she walk ahead.

“Baekhyun Babe . . . Why are you looking at her?”

“Will you STOP calling me Babe, Seohyun!! . . .” I annoyingly said and left. I try to followed Dr. Kim, but their service bus already left. I felt bothered on the way she react to me a while ago, I felt like I cheated to my partner, there’s something in her eyes that I cant understand.

“There you are . . . I’ve been looking for you . . . She’s finally here . . .”

“Yes, I know Chen”

“Wait . . . are you ok? You look so pale. . .  Did you met her?”  

“Yes, we just met at the lobby . . . “
”Wow! So hows meeting your avid obsessed suitor . . .”

“Stop it Chen! I’m not in the mood, and she’s not my suitor, she’s a crazy woman”

“hahaha . . . crazy for you  . . .” After I packed the stocks, I left the room and head to our service bus. I was feeling great early this morning, but then my biggest nightmare came in, Its like I’m on the middle of a thunderstorm. I was eager to talk to Dr. Kim but I didn’t get the chance to talk to her, so I waited for her after the mission.

“Hey!”

“Oh Inspector Byun, its you, What are you doing here”


”About earlier . . .”

“What about earlier?”

“About me and that . . . woman”

“Ahh about that, you don’t have to explain, I can see that your girlfriend really missed you”

“That’s what I want to tell you . . . . She’s not my . . . girlfriend”

“Ahh . . . its ok to deny, Sir Byun . . . I understand . . .”

“No . . . I’m not denying anything because its not true, I am not in a relationship to anyone . . .”

“Okay . . . “ And she continues what she’s doing.

“Are you mad at me?”

“Me? Huh . . . Why would I? is there a reason for me to get mad at you?”

“Really? Your not mad at me? Then why is your nose like that? Its like you’ll blow a fire on me . . .” She ignore me.

“Hey, . . . are you really not mad? She’s not my girlfriend, ok . . .”

“I am not MAD SIR BYUN! Why do you keep on explaining yourself to me?!, Am I your PARTNER? And why do keep on insisting that I am mad at you? Again, I AM NOT!! I am not in a position to get mad, ok, is it clear to you now?!” She annoyingly said. I don’t know why do I have this guilty feeling, I didn’t cheat to anyone though, but why I felt like I cheated on her? that I have to clear myself to her? . . . Weird . . .

I left her after that, I went back to office station, then I heard that she went off to the gathering, organized by the local organizations in Jakarta. I walked outside to get some fresh air, then I saw this unpleasant visitor at the other end of the street, talking to some guys.

“huh . .  flirt . . .” when she noticed me, I turn around and walk fast, but as an athlete she is, she catch me up.

“Hey Baekhyun!. . . I was looking at you all afternoon . . .”

“Why? And what are you even doing here?”

“Of course, our family sponsored this event, then I should come, and you should thank me, if I didn’t request for you to my uncle, General Jung, you couldn’t have been here, your probably in Seoul, teaching those pathetic trainees”

“Well I just hope you didn’t, cause I don’t want to be here with you”

“Relax Baek . . . I wont do anything on you . . . and by the way, why are you with Taeyeon earlier? Why are you two together?”

“Its none of your business, Seohyun . .  LEAVE ME ALONE!! . . “

“Hmmm . . make me . . . Byun Baekhyun! . . .and remember. . .  I am not done with you . . .” I forcefully removed my arm from her grip, and walk away.

“ARGHHH!!! . . . .”  It must be my bad day. Its already late when we finished re-packing the stocks, I pack up my things and head back to the hotel.  I was about to go up to my room, when I suddenly noticed someone.  

“Hey Baek, Where are you going?”

“You go ahead first Chen, I have to checked on someone . . . Bye!” Then I went to the waiting lounge.

“Hey, Dr. Kim! . . .” She was sitting on the couch looking so drunk.  

“Oh Inspector! The funny . . .chicky . . . handsome and annoying Inspector . . . Good to see you!”  

“Hey . . come on, get up . . I’ll bring you to your room . . .” And I carry her up to her unit.

“Were here now, Dr. Kim . . . wheres your key card? We have to open this door . . .”

“Ahh its in the bag . . . just search for it . . .” And I looked for it, I hurriedly open the door and put her on the bed.

“oh my  . . . what am I supposed to do with this woman? . . .ahh whatever . . .” I removed her shoes and her coat.

“Ahh. . . Dr. Kim . . . ahh you have to change your clothes, come on . . . get up . . .”

“Ahhh. . ok ok . . . I’ll get up . .. “

“You’ll get up, but your not . . . Come on Dr. Kim!” I keep on waking her up for her to change her own clothes, but I failed, she sleep soundly instead.

“Ahh . . . What to do? . . .” Then with no choice, without looking at her I nervously her long sleeves, my hands were shaking, when I was on the last three buttons she suddenly pulled me by the neck to which I crashed on her chest.

“ahh . . .  Seungyeol ahhhh . . .why did you that? . . .” I didn’t moved. I just looked at her, listening to her every words. It was an awkward position if someone comes and see us, but I didn’t mind it, I am more focused on what she’s saying as her eyes slowly get in tears.

“Why did you that? You should have said the truth to me in the first place, instead to doing this to me . . . I  can understand! . . .”

“Dr. Kim . . shhh . . . just sleep . . .you need to rest now . . .”

“I don’t know anymore Seungyeol ah, if I still want to love you more after what you’ve done. . . . Your ignoring me . . .”

“shhh . .  its ok, just say you want, I’m here to listen  . . .” we stayed on our position.

“huh . . . enough, this is enough Seungyeol . . . hmmm . . .” I try to get off from her embrace, but she was strong enough to keep me in her arms.                                  

“Dr., Kim, you have to let go . . . I need to . . .” She hold on to my face and made me look at her.

“Hmmm . .  You look like the man I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter