Emergency (Part I)

Unexpectedly Expected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“ . . . . . Beep . . . .Beep . . . . . . . .Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeep”

 

 

“Doc,  . . . . flat line!!” The staff suddenly got panic.

"Prepare the defibrillator" The head Doctor said.

“Yes Doc!”

“Ready? . . . Set to 300 . . . Clear?”

"CLEAR!!"

“Status?”

“Doc . . . negative!”

“Set to 450 . . .Clear?”

“CLEAR!!”

“Status?”

“Doc . . .still no pulse”

“Then we need to CPR the patient"

And the doctor did her best to revive patient.  

“huhp, huhp, Come on!, huhp . .  huhp . . .huh “

And in just a few pump. . .

“Doc!, he’s back . . .”

“The pulse got normal . . “
”Whoah! Thank goodness, now we can continue the operation . . .”

And they continue the operation, after 2 hours, the operation were done.

“Doc, hows my husband?”
”Don’t worry, Mrs. Kang, your husband is safe now, although there’s an unexpected happenings, but thankfully we saved him”

“ahh, Thanks God, thank you doc . . thank you”

“huh, you don’t need to thank me, its my duty to save people as much as I can”

“I’m really thankful, to you Doc, we knew that this operation needs a miracle, but you successfully did it, thank you so much”

“haha, well if thats the case, your welcome . . . ah if you may excuse me”

“oh ok, thank you again Doc” and the doctor go to the doctor’s lounge.

 “So here’s our Super Doc, Dr. Kim”

“haha, What’s super doc? Your funny Dr. Lee”

“What? You are a super doc, you manage to successfully operate an impossible operation”

“haha, well it is my job, haha”

“Your are really Dr. Miracle”

“haha well whats the use of calling me ‘Dr. Miracle’ if can’t make one? Haha”

“haha well, I cant argue with that, come on lets grab some lunch, I’m so hungry”

“haha lets go” then the two doctors went out the room hand in hand, but before they could walk far, one nurse came running toward them.

“Dr. Kim! .. . .Dr. Kim!  . . . doc Kim Taeyeon!”

“Oh Nurse Choi? What’s wrong?”

“huh . . .huh . . Im sorry Dr.Lee but can we borrow for some hour your fiance?”

“What? Again? . . .”

“Why? What happen?”

“There’s an urgent operation  at the emergency room, they cant do it, so they ask for you, as our head and senior doctor here” Dr. Lee looks at Taeyeon with hesitation, but Taeyeon just smile at him, sensing her decision, Dr. Lee let go of her hand.

“I’m sorry, Seungyeol ah! But this is urgent . . I hope you understand . . .”

“huh . . .don’t worry I understand, hey . .  I’m a doctor too you know, hahaha . .” and Taeyeon smiled at him.

“Thank you, lets just ate later at dinner time, I promise . ..”

“Ok, then do your best . .” Taeyeon saw the disappointment in her fiance’s face, so before Seungyeol could walk away, she pull his hands and hugs him.

“I’m sorry” And Taeyeon quickly walks to the emergency room, with a worried face to the patients she never knew.

 

Dr. Kim Taeyeon is a well known doctor in Seoul National University Hospital. She is famous on her miracle operation and her charity works specially for the children.

 

“What? Your leaving again?”

“I’m not staying there for that long, I volunteered there in Bangkok, for just a week, for the medical mission project of our hospital, specially I’m going with my team, and Nurse Choi . . . so don’t worry about me”

“I can’t help it, Taeyeon, I’m not use to be far from you”

“Dont worry, I’ll safely come back, Seungyeol . . .Don’t worry”

“huh, well no matter how I refuse, I can never change your mind right?”

“You knew me too well, Dr. Lee hahaha”

“ok fine, and because your leaving me for a week, you should treat me tonight.”

“eyy!, so childish, ok . . . lets have some dinner, and as you said . . . my treat”

“haha, Lets go!”

 

Taeyeon is not only a doctor and a fiance she’s also the only child of one of the billionaire businessman in Korea. Her fathers wants her to be the next CEO to  manage all their assets, but  . . .

 

“Appa, I said I don’t like to manage this companies, You knew that I dont have any interests in business!”

“Well, what do you want? To be a doctor, and serve those dying fools, why cant you understand that I just want a better future for you”

“Appa!, please, I want to be a doctor to help those people whom you call fools, those people who really need help, I just want to be like mother, who helps people without asking for an exchange.”

“ahhhh, whatever, . . I want you to be the next CEO, thats it”

“Why are you against of me being a doctor, what’s wrong about that? That how you met mom, but why?

“You don’t understand”

“Then explain to me! So that I can understand!”

 

Taeyeon idolized her mother so much, she really wants to be like her, but unfortunately her mother died in an unexpected incident when she was young. Her mother was also one of the finest doctors on the same hospital, one time she had an operation but it didn’t went well, she couldn’t save the life of her patient, but, the family of her rich patient couldn’t take it. After that operation, her mother died, they didn’t know the reason, but they suspected that it was because of that rich family. Although its been so long since it happened, but her father can’t forget it.    

“ahh now, I know why . . . but  . . that cant change my mind,I will pursue what I want to be, regardless if you approved it or not”

She did it, and she didn't regret it. She became successful as a senior medical doctor in South Korea.

 

“This years award for The National Physician of the year  

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter