Lovely Gap III

Unexpectedly Expected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun’s POV

 

“WHAT?? . . . . BOYFRIEND??!!!”

My ears suddenly lit up as soon as I heard the word ‘Boyfriend’.

“Did I heard it right? Boyfriend? . . . . You have a  boyfriend?” I ask, wishing that I just misheard it, but she didn’t speak, so I ask again, this time, with much serious tone  

“Taeyeon, is that true?!”

“. . .  Joke! Hahaha. . . .” We were dumbfounded, with what she said.

“I’m just joking, Baek Oppa . . . hahaha, peace . . .  If you could only see your face, you look so funny. Its like you’ve seen a ghost . . .  hahaha”

“Phew! . . . we were just shock, Taeyeon, you just entered college, and now your introducing to us a guy, of course were not ready for that, right Baek?”

“Ah ye-yeah, Minho’s right . . . Taeyeon your too young to have a boyfriend, ok, and besides you promise me that you’ll focus on your studies first before anything else.”

“Baek Oppa, I know my priorities for now, and I know what I’ve promised to you, and I will try to keep it.“

“ok . . . ok, phew! . . .  you gave us mini heart attack on that. . . hahaha”

“So what really brought you here, aside from pranking us?”

“ahh Actually, I have something to consult to you about something.”

“Oh what is it?. . .  come on, you can tell us anything”

“Ahh, . . . ok, but don’t comment yet . . . just hear me out first, ok . . . I’ll start. . .” I can feel my heart beats fast as I listen to her.

“First, don’t get mad at me, I didn’t do anything . . . yet, so here, ah . . . there is this guy . . . .”

“What? A guy?”

“Minho Oppa, I told you, just listen first”

“ok ok . . . continue . . .”

“Ok . .  as I was saying, there is this guy, who I met during the first day, he was cute, like you Minho Oppa . . . smart like you Baek Oppa, and also gentleman, just like you two. . .  so I was-”

“So you fell for him and your together now?. . . .”

“AHHHH!!  . . Listen first!  Baek Oppa, I told you, don’t say a word, I’m not finish yet”

“Ok, Sorry” My heart continues to beat fast as I continue to listen, I don’t know why girls, like to start their story from the very beginning, why don’t they say it directly their point, so that my heart wont suffer like this. Huh . . .

“So this is what happened, he ask for my number, and . . .  and  . .  I gave it to him” I was about to comment but then she glare at me, and my words suddenly back out.

“So we exchange numbers . . . and we started to contact each other, until . . .  now, and  . . . he always accompany me everywhere I go . . .”

“Wait, do we know this guy?” Minho ask.

“Ah actually, he’s a football player, a newly joined goal keeper, in the university”

“ahhh . . . I knew him, his our new member, Kim Suho, right?”

“You knew this guy, MInho?”

“Yeah, but I didn’t know that his courting Taeyeon”

“Wait, Minho Oppa, he’s not courting me . . . well his not yet, but  . . .  “

“But what?” Now I cut in, wanting to hear the whole story, so I could say whats on my mind”  

“So here it goes, I am telling you this because I want to ask for some advice, because honestly, he’s very charming, and I am . . . I am . . . starting to fall for him . . . .” The moment she said the word fall, my heart beat slows down, as if it was falling too.   

“You mean, your in love with him?” Minho ask her,  I couldn’t speak, I was shocked on what she just said, I knew this day would come, but still, I’m not yet really for this.

“Ahh maybe, well I’m not saying that I am completely falling for him, I’m just saying that, I’m starting to feel this things for him, so . . . What can you say Minho Oppa? . . . Ah Baek Oppa?. . .” We were still in shock, that we cant say any word.

“Ah Oppa . . . are you still there . . . Hello?. . . Hello . . . Oppa!”

“Ah yes . . . ah You know what, its late I’ll go ahead . .  I have an early class tomorrow so  . . Bye!  . .” And Minho hurried out the door.

“How about you Baek Oppa?” I try to compose myself, and process my mind, on what should I say to this young girl in front me.

“Ah You know Taeyeon, that feeling is just normal for a teenager like you, I also felt that, when I was at your age, but like I’ve always said, Prioritize first your studies, because that is more important, its ok to have a crush on someone, its fine, that’s part of our life, but don’t think too much, don’t be bother by that, better turn this feelings, into an inspiration and motivation, everyday. Make it a positive thing. Remember Taeyeon, that there’s always a right time for love, don’t rush things, just enjoy ok?”

“Ok, I get it, . . . . but what if, . . . what if . . . one day he ask me on a date . . .  what if one of this day, he start to  court me, what will I do?”

“Well  . . . .” Honestly speaking, I really don’t want Taeyeon to have a boyfriend yet, my heart is not yet ready to see her, being so sweet to a guy. I just cant accept it .. . yet,  she’s still young to experience love.  

“Well that is your choice, I knew that you’re a smart girl, you know whats the right thing to do, I hope you get what I’m trying to say here”

“Ok Oppa, I get it . . . actually,I’m also not ready to have a boyfriend, sometimes, I feel ready, sometimes not . . . I don’t know . ..”
”hahaha, Taeyeon. . . Taeyeon . . . you are really still a kid, still naive on a lot of things, sometimes our feelings are just playing with us, But . . .  when the right person comes, you’ll start to feel something only he can give you,  you’ll know it when he came. . . .”

“Ahh ok . . . is that how you felt when you met Soyou Unnie?”

“Oh, why the topic, change to to me? Were talking about you, here ok?”

“Ok . . . ok . . but Thank you Baek Oppa, now my mind is at ease now, Whoah, this has been bothering me for months now . . .”

“Aww. . . come here . . “ And I hug her.

“I can never hold your heart but choose wisely ok, I wont get mad if ever you break your promise, I’ve been there, so I understand, but I don’t say that you actually break it, just be wise enough to take care of your self, because, if you love someone, you must be ready for its consequence, love is so complicated, you know that?  . . . you’ll never know when will you get hurt, and if that comes, are you ready for that?”

“Ahh No . . . I don’t think so . . .it must be so painful . . .”

“It is Taeyeon, its really painful, and if you felt it, its hard to move on” Its true, love is really complicated as well unpredictable, you’ll never knew who you will love, sometimes, you’ll fell for someone you really hate, sometimes, you’ll fall for someone older or younger, and sometimes, you’ll fall to a complicated person. . . its unpredictable, but that’s the thrill on that.

After that talk, Taeyeon went back home. I was preparing for my bed, when My phone rings, it was a message.

“Thanks Baek Oppa, I knew I could count on you, your better on this field than Minho Oppa, so I trust you too Oppa. . . Thank you for your wise words and  . . . Good night . . .” A big smile draw on my face.

“hahaha, your welcome, if you want someone to talk to, you can talk to me . . . I am just here, your neighbor brother, just come here, or call me and I’ll be there” I was about to close my eyes, when another message flashes on my phone.

“Thank you Oppa, I love you . . . Good night . . .” and with that, I had a good night sleep.

 

Taeyeon’s POV

 

“Taeyeon!”

“Hey Wendy. . . Seulgi! Hi . . .”

“Are you ready with your final performance? We’ll perform at the theater stage now one-by-one, in front of everybody”

“Really? Oh my . . . I’m getting nervous”

“Not only that, there’s also a surprise guest judge”

“Really? Do you guys know who?”

“I think his one of our senior from the same department, I heard that his a good singer too”

“Ooohh . . .  then we should be really practice for that,  ah by the way Seulgi, Have you seen Suho, I never saw him at our class”

“ah I saw him with Irene a while ago, they were assign to represent our class on the annual freshmen meeting”

“ahhh . . . so thats why. . .” I felt sad, its been  2 days since the last time I saw him, and yet I’m missing him.

“Hey Its time for our presentation, let’s go . . .”

“ah you go ahead first. . . I’ll just check on something” then I get my phone and type a message.

 

“Suho-ssi, we’re already at the auditorium, Seulgi said that your at the meeting with Irene, can you guys make it?”

 

When I was about to send it, I receive a call.

“Ah Taeyeon-ssi, hi, ah  . . . we just  finish our meeting and we’re on our way now to the auditorium, good luck on your performance”

“Oh ah Thank you, I thought you forgot”

“Of course not, I wouldn’t miss your performance, I’ll be cheering on you guys, tell Wendy, good luck too ”

“Ahhh  Thank you, I’ll tell her, . . . I have to go now, we’re about to start”

“Ok Bye, see you . .  we’re almost there . . good luck . . . Bye!” I gained a lot of energy with that simple call, hearing his voice, makes me feel excited, this must be what Baekhyun Oppa was telling me, if you felt it, then its him.

 

“Welcome Ladies and Gentlemen, to the final performance for our theater artist, thank you for our audience today, you will all be part of the judges,  each student will expect to perform their pieces . . .”

 

“Hey, Taeyeon are you ready?”

“Ahh I think so” I was so nervous, as this was the first time I’ll sing at huge crowd.

“This is the basis of our final grade so we have to impress everyone”

“TAEYEON! . .  GOODLUCK!”

“Suho-ssi . . .” I felt more nervous, when I saw him with Irene and Seulgi sitting near the judges seat, singing in front of your crush is really mind cracking, I try to calm myself, and focus on my upcoming performance, so I practice and vocalize more, I want to show my best performance as I want to impress someone on the crowd.

“Ahhh . .ehhh . . ohh . . Brrrrr . . . .” I was vocalizing at the corner when someone came in

“Taeyeon ah . . . “

“Oh Baekhyun Oppa” then he gave me a bottle of water.

“Here drink this, instead of cold juice, its not good for your voice”

“Thank you Baek Oppa, how did you know that I am here? and why are you dress like that?” I was surprise to see him, but what surprise me more is that he looks so handsome, wearing a fine black suit with his black hair, perfectly styled up. Its the first time I saw him looking dashingly handsome as well as hot on his black suit. I suddenly felt my heart pound fast the moment I look at his eyes.

“Good luck on your performance and remember what I told you, sing with your heart, let your heart speak for you. That is the best way to interpret a song. Give your best shot ok, I’ll be cheering for you. . . Good luck” Then he hug me tight, before leaving the room. I rarely hug Baek Oppa, I think its been a month since the last time I hug him, and I was surprise how his body felt more buff than the last time, I guess he’s working out now.

“Hey Taeyeon, its starting. . .”

“This is it . . . Good luck for me . . .” I kept on practicing as I wait for my turn.

 

“Next is . . . Son Wendy singing Red Velvet’s Last Love”

 

“Oh My! Its my turn. . .”
”Good luck Wendy, you can do it . . .” I was getting more nervous as I was the next one after her, there are lots of good singers here in our class, and I gets more nervous hearing them singing.

 

“Next up is . . . Kim Taeyeon . . . .”

 

“Oh gosh, this is it . . I can do this” I told myself. With a brave heart, I walk to the stage, and flashes a smile, but then my smile, grew wider, when I saw someone familiar at the judges panel.

“Hi Kim Taeyeon, how are you?” O

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter