Lovely Gap I

Unexpectedly Expected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Ok . . . good. . . good No. . . . too high . . .”

“Sorry  Seonsaengnim”

“Ok, . . . one more try, . . .  kick . . 1. ..2 . ..3 . .“

“Shoot! . . .”

“Ok perfect  . . good job”

“Thank you Seonsaengnim . . .”
”Ok, that’s it for now, well continue again our training by weekend, Always remember  that this is a team sport. Always play with that in mind. Never play for your own fame, but for the whole team's sake.  Ok?”

“We understand, Thank you for the advise”

“And Jaehyun, Don't make your next move too obvious. When your attacking, try to put the ball at the back of the last defending line while your teammate runs to receive your assistance. Change your running rhythm, when your opponent is coming at you, step on the brakes, and when he stop, then increase the pace again, got it?”

“Neh! Seonsaengnim, I’ll always remember that”

“Ok, so I’ll see you, in 3 days . . . Bye guys!”

 

. . . . . . . . .

 

 “Honey! . . .Hows your day?”

“Great, those boys were really  good, better than we were back at our times, their skills really match for this field. .”

“hahaha, and that is because of your impressive guidance, now they’re reaching their dreams, I am so proud of you, Hon”       

“Thanks Babe. . . “

“Oh and by the way, have you met your best friend?”

“Who?”

“Who else? Your childhood friend, Baekhyun . . .”

 

 

 . . . . . 12 years Ago . . . .

 

 

“Yah! Minho! . . . MINHO!!”

“Damn Baek!, whats the shouting?” I was busy looking out the field

“I’m talking here, for damn minutes, and yet your not listening to me . . .”

“I’m sorry, I’m just looking at something . . .”

“What are you looking at? . . .let me see . . “ And Baekhyun take a look

“Again Minho? Looking for another girl? Don’t tell me your liking her, come on, that’s your 8th girl on this month”

“Chill Baek, its not for me, . . . . its for you, Come on man! Until now your single? Your being too weak, don’t worry I’ll choose for you”

“Excuse me, I’m not weak, its just that I don’t like to flirt with girls, and besides I’m not looking for a girl yet, ok . . . So don’t bother looking for me,  . . . I’m not interested”

“hmmm . . . Not interested or still heart broken? Hahahaha” and he nudge me on my arms.

“Who are you bro? I don’t know you” he sarcastically said and left.

“Ok . . .ok  . . Mr. Moving on, hahahah” this time a weak punch landed on my arm.

“Ouch! That was so hard, aw! Thats hurt . . . hahaha” and he glared at me.

“ahh You want me to punch you real hard?”

“Oh No. . . No . . No . . I get it. . . I’ll shut my mouth” I said while trying to prevent myself from  laughing. Oh I love teasing him.

Baekhyun and I were best of friends, more like a real brother. We were friends since childhood, we became friends, since they transfer here in the city way back a decade ago. Ever since we met, we never got separated, we only parted when we’re about to sleep, the rest, were always together. I like how I  instantly got a friend and a brother as well.

Baekhyun is really my type of guy, Oops . . . type not in terms of  romantic partner, but in terms of a younger brother, he always supported me at all times, although sometimes he acts as my mother.  

“Yah! . . . will you listen to me!”

“Minho . . . I’m studying ok, I need to review this pile of papers here on my desk, for the exam tomorrow, why don’t you review your lessons, so that you have something to answer tomorrow, instead of bugging me out”

“Ok, . . .ok . . but you know me, I don’t like studying those thick books, I have my resources, so why need to study, right?”

“Huh, no matter what I tell you, your not listening to me, you always think like that, Bro, were already college, sooner or later we will graduate and be a professional and still you act like that. Man up Minho!”

“Ok fine, here goes my mother-like brother, I get it ok . . enough with the talk, trust me, I can handle this”

“Huh, its your choice, do what you want, but if you fail this time, I wont ever help you again, swear!”

“Ok. . .Chill Baek . . . I can pass this exams, see those nerdy girls out there? I’ll just hit on them, and I’ll pass tomorrow”

“huh . . whatever . . lets just go home now”

“Ok . . . fine with me, but you pay our ticket bus” and as always, he glared at me.

“hahaha I’m just joking, I’ll pay this time. . .”

Baekhyun is really a smart guy, his always ‘by the book’, we used to call him ‘nerdy bachelor’ in our class, for he is smart, but looks nerd with his glasses, although he has the look of a bad boy, he was also considered as one of the handsome face in the campus but girls don’t easily notice it, because he was so quiet, and shy. Baekhyun was really focusing to his studies.  I am amazed too that he has no interest in girls,  despite having a small group of women who was head over hills to him, he doesn't look back at them. With that looks in him, anyone can fall for him, if he could just groom himself more, but I think maybe he doesn’t entertain them is because he’s loyal to someone else, unlike me, hahaha.

“Ah Minho, I cant accompany you tonight to our usual place, I need to go somewhere”

“Wa-wait Baek, don’t tell me your going to that place again?”

“No, of course not, Why would I, ah  . . . I’m going to the mall,  and besides I’m done with that stage.”

“Hmmmm . . sure?”

“Of course, so I’ll go now, See you tomorrow . . . Bye!” And Baekhyun hurriedly pack his things and left my room. Baekhyun is a smart guy, he was one of the top students of our class, he can pass all the exams, even the difficult one, but one thing can make him stupid, a girl, his only girl.

“Huh . . I have a feeling that he’s going to that place again, I better follow him” And I quietly followed him, and I’m right, I hide behind the cars, while I look at him, standing in front of the big house.

“Huh, Baekhyun . .Baekhyun . . . I knew it, your still not got over her” I said to myself. I just hide there, while looking at him, staring at the window up there.

“Soyou, ah . . . How are you? I’m still here . . .waiting for you . . . please come back to me . . . I really love you . . .” I heard him said, while tears flowing down his face. As his friend, It hurts me so much, seeing him, looking stupid like that, with just a girl, he can be like that. He’s a tough man but when it comes to her, his turning soft. Its been 5 years, and yet his not free from those pain, I don’t know why he kept on holding on her, waiting for her, as if she will comeback.

After a few more minutes, he pulled something from his bag, and when I look closely at him, there he holds a piece of broken glass. He said a few words and as what he usually do, he left it at the door way, and silently left the place. I came out from my hiding place and walk to the door way, and look at the piece of glass that he placed.

“huh . . . Baekhyun, Baekhyun, . . . what can I do for you to forget her?“ I said to myself, then I took that piece of glass and put it at my bag. When I was about to leave, one voice echoed around the quiet street.

“MINHO! OPPA!!! . . .” and a little girl running toward my direction.

“Oh Taeyeon-ah . ..”

“Oppa! What are you doing here in front of our house? Are you waiting for me?”

“Waiting for you? Ah . . .  Do you think so?”

“Yes! Hahaha”

“Why did you came home late again? Didn’t I tell you, that don’t go home at this late time, its too dangerous for a young woman like you”

“Oppa, I’m 18 years old, I’m entering College soon, I can handle myself, ok and we did a project report, and we finish late, so . . . Mianheyo!~ hmmp . . . hmmp”

“Ok ok, fine enough with aegyo, your too cute “

“Really I’m cute?”

“Of course, your my cute little dongsaeng, hahaha. . .” And I playfully mess up her long black hair.

“Ah By the way, I bumped into Baekhyun Oppa, a while ago, I guess he’s been here again” I take a deep sigh before I answered.

“Ahhh, Is Baekhyun Oppa, still waiting for Unnie?”

“I guess so, but you have to promise me, don’t ever mention this to your sister, ok?’

“I promised, but Why does Baek Oppa, looks sad, he doesn’t even smile at me, when I greeted him”

“ahh Don’t mind him, maybe his just tired . . . and you get inside now, its late now. You need to sleep young lady, or else you will not get taller. “

“Oppa, I already accept that my height really ends here.”

“Even so, go to sleep . . . Baekhyun will picked you early tomorrow, so better sleep now, or you will heard again his morning lecture”

“Ok . . . ok  . . . good night Oppa!, tell Baekhyun oppa, good night too.”

“Ok I will . . . Bye” And I left the place, walking again through the dark street. Before I reach  our house,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter