Love For Hire (Final Part)

Unexpectedly Expected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Yah! Hurry up! . . .”  Sooyoung and Hyoyeon, the ever loyal friends of Taeyeon, rushes their way to to visit their sulking best friend.

“Soo, I’m not in the mood . . .”

“Come on, Taeyeon, you need to come out . . Don’t lock yourself up here, you look horrible, you need to see the sun Taeyeon . . .”

“I’m fine Sooyoung, Don’t worry . . . I just don’t want to go out”

“Huh!! . . . .” and Sooyoung open the window

“How long will you stay like this? Taeyeon, there’s so much more out there than stuck your self up here Taeyeon, don’t keep your life in this 4 corners wall . . .” Sooyoung, frustratingly said as she look at her best friends state.

“Seriously Taeyeon? Your not gonna move?” and Taeyeon annoyingly turn her back on her.   

“Ok Fine! Fine!. .. I’ll leave you! but I hope you realize that you still have us waiting for you outside your own world“ She said then leave.

“Oh Sooyoung! . . .How is she?”  

“Well as usual she’s not going out . . .”

“Huh . . .What should we do? . . . “

“I don’t know Hyo, she’s not even going to work now”
”Duh? don’t you know? she already resign from work, since she broke up with Dean . . .”

“What? Ahh . .. That’s why I’m not seeing her at the hotel anymore.”

“Thats right . . . .”

Ever since their break up and the sudden leave of Baekhyun, Taeyeon seems to lose her interest in life again.She doesn’t go out anymore. She just lie on her bed all day. Its like she’s back again to the state where she wants to end her life, just like how she used to when Baekhyun first left her.

“Oh? Aunt Sooyoung, Aunt Hyoyeon, what are you doing here? . . .” Hanni, came in just in time they’re about to leave.

“Ahh we just visit your mom . . is she always like this? . . .”

“Ahh I don’t know . . .” Hanni simply said as she excuse herself and walk towards the kitchen.

“You still don’t talk to your mom, aren’t you?” Sooyoung ask, Hanni just look at her and took a deep sigh.

“Hanni, I know you got hurt, but know that your mom got hurt the most here, she just fooled by she thought to be her trusted partner, and she was left again broken by her beloved man. Try to understand her Hanni . . . what she’s going through now is not easy. . . “

“Well its not easy for me too, its hard for me ignoring her like that, but what can I do? I was hurt, I felt betrayed . . .”

 

 

. . . Flashback . . .

 

“Eomma! Aunt Sooyoung ! What happened? Why is my mom crying?” Hanni came home, looking so worried when she heard about what happened to her mother.  

“What? . .. What happened? . . . Why did you broke up with Appa? Did he did something wrong? Did he hurt you?”
”No Hanni, its just that, this is the right thing to do . . .”

“Right thing to do? I - I don’t understand . . .why did you left him, you said you love him right?”

“I’m sorry Hanni but its not”

“What do you mean its not? . . . you were together ever since and yet you’re telling that you didn’t love him? What that a joke?” Hanni confusingly ask.
“Hanni . . . there are things that you don’t understand for now, but life is like that, we met people who we thought to be the one, but turn out to be not, just like what happened to your mom . . . She thought Dean could be her last but then her one true love came, but because of Dean, her chance to be happy went gone . . . .  ” Sooyoung tried her best to explain everything to her confuse niece.

‘Wait what do you mean, real love? Mom’s real love came here?”
”Ahh Hanni . . . you wont understand it now . . .”
”But I want to understand it! . . .Tell me!” Hanni was in the verge of anger and confusion, she doesn’t know whats really happening.   
”Hanni . . .look at me Baby. . . . I’m sorry, I should have told you this earlier . . .The truth is your Appa is alive, your real Dad is here . . “ Taeyeon was holding herself up from crying as she confess the truth to her daughter

”What do you mean my real dad? . . .Aunt Sooyoung? Eomma?”

“Hanni. . . . The man with us during the vacatio , the man you hope to be your real Dad, was in fact your real Dad. . . .That man you were calling  Ahjussi Oppa, your Baekhyun Ahjussi is your real father Hanni . . .. “ Taeyeon just look straight into her daughters eyes

“What? . . .” Hanni’s  mind went blank, she was speechless, she don’t know if what she was right, or was she dreaming. The fact that her real father was alive was a big and painful revelation to her.

“Hanni I’m sorry if I didn’t tell you earlier . . .I don’t know how will I tell you about your real father. I just can’t find a way to tell you the truth . . I’m so sorry” Taeyeon look down as she hold her hand, kneeling in front of her.  

“All this time, you lied to me Mother? Huh . ..  you lied  to me, you and Appa?”

“I’m sorry! . . .” Taeyeon couldn’t hold on her tears anymore. A sorry was all she can say.  

 

. . . .End of Flashback . . .

 

“The chance that I should have get, to be with my real father, was thrown away, because they hide it from me. If only I knew that . . .that Ahjussi is my real dad, then I should have spend more time with him, but No! . . . it didn’t happened . . .”
  

“Yes, I know how you feel, but believe me Taeyeon didn’t mean to do that, everything was so complicated at that time, all she want was to move on and forget about what happened, she didn’t knew that this could happened, she too didn’t expect that this would end like this.“

“But still, they should have been honest with me . . .I would accept that they hide everything from me since young, but what I couldn’t accept is that, she still didn’t told me the truth even she had her chance.  If only she told me the truth earlier, maybe I could had understand her more than now.” And Hanni walk away leaving Sooyoung in a deep sigh.

“Let her be Sooyoung, we can’t push her now, let her have time to think” Hyoyeon said

“What can we do? Earlier  the mother was the one hard to please, now the kid’s turn . . .”

“We can’t do anything about that, Hanni is just like Taeyeon, hard headed”

“Hyoyeon, maybe we can do something about this . . .” and Sooyoung just grin.

“Well what do you plan to do?” and Hyoyeon smilingly replied.

“Follow me! . . . .” And Sooyoung and Hyoyeon, rush outside and do their made up plan.

 

 

Taeyeon’s POV

 

“I’ll leave you! but I hope you realize that you still have us waiting for you outside your own world”

This words of Sooyoung left a big impression to me. I tried to to live like everything is normal, but when I realize how Hanni ignores me,  plus the fact that Baekhyun was no longer around, the realization hits me real hard.

“Taeyeon, please stop crying now, it doesn’t help you . . . .” I tried to convince myself to stand up and face the reality but my heart wont agree. Even a week had passed, it still torn me into tiny pieces. I couldn’t find a way to pick myself up and recover. The pain that lingering in my heart is too much to  bear.

“No, this wont do . . . Taeyeon you got to help yourself” I said. I stand up from my bed, and walks towards the open window. The cold fresh air and the warmth of the sun, somehow  lights up my mood, that I didn’t noticed that I was smiling while my eyes were close. 

I was feeling the wind when I heard my phone rings. I look at the caller ID and saw Dean’s name. My mood suddenly went down.

“What does he want now?” and I received another call. I didn’t answer it instead I left it on the table as I go to the bathroom and wash up. I look myself in the mirror and realize that Sooyoung is right, I looked horrible, this is not me, its like I see a different person when I look at the mirror, a weak and sad version of me.

“Huh! What have you done to yourself Taeyeon, you look pale and awful” I said before taking a quick shower. After  I change my clothes  and sit and on my bed and look at my phone.

“Dean . . . .7 missed calls . . .2 messages . . “

I felt curious so I tap on the messages and it says . . .

“I know you hate me, but I’d like to formally say my goodbye, I wont force you to forgive me now right away, but please let me see you, one last time. . ..” and another message

“Please . . . .Taeyeon”

Even though, Dean did something terrible on me, I can’t erase the fact that he was my best friend in the first place and he was my first buddy. Before all this happened, he was my first companion,he played a big part of my life, so even though I hate him, I still can’t let him leave without seeing him, for the last time, so I said yes. 

We met at our usual meeting place, the beach. This is were my dreams started, this is where Dean and I started so I guess this should be the right place to end.  As soon as reach there, I saw him standing outside his car, looking at the sunset.

“Dean” and he look back at me.

“Taeyeon . . .I’m happy you’re here, I thought you wouldn’t come”

“What is it? What do you want to say? Say it . . .”
”Taeyeon, for the last time, I’m sorry . . . . I didn’t mean to hurt you. I admit I became too selfish,I was just thinking about myself, I love you too much to give you away to him. I know you wont be mine anymore, and that frustrates me a lot, that’s why I’ve done that. . . “ I just look at him and saw how sincere he was. This time I felt that he was really sorry.

“Now, after all this, I’ve realize that I was wrong, I was terribly wrong. I”m really sorry . . .” he took my hand and look straight in my eye, with his tears slowly falling down his face.

“I’m sorry but I can’t accept your apologies for now, what you did , is not that easy to forget, you’re decision ruin my life, But still, I wont forget that somehow, you are my friend and I am grateful to you, because you were there for me when I needed someone, and I won’t change the fact that you helped in many ways, but . . . .now . .”

“. . . Its ok I understand. I’ll wait for the time that you’ll forgive me” we stay like that for some time, standing side by side,silently watching the sunset, like how we used to.

“I’ll go back to Seoul tonight and stay there for good, so don’t worry you wont see me anymore. . .”

“How about the hotel?”

“I’ll let someone took charge of that for the mean time, for now,I’ll focus on my branch in Busan, I know that seeing each other won’t help us,wont help you for now, so I’m letting you go and accept my defeat . . .” he said, still looking at the ocean, feeling the cold breeze on our faces.

“Taeyeon . . .” In the middle of silence he called me up

“Can I ask for one last request? As a friend?”

“What is it?”
”Can I hug you? . . .One last time?” it took me a while to decide, but in the end I let him. I open wide my arms and catch him. I can feel his uneasiness, he was silently crying.

“I’ll miss you, . . . . Taeyeon, please know that I loved you and its true . . . I hope you’ll be happy now . . .” I heard him say, I break the hug and gave him a smile, after all we were friends.

“I’ll go now . . .Bye Taeyeon!” he said, I step aside as he gets in his car.

“Oh and by the way . . .  here” and he gave me a piece of paper which he took from his coat pocket.

“What is this?”
”I know its late, but I hope it could help, this would be that last thing I could do for you . . .” I curiously look at him.

“That’s the address of Baekhyun In Seoul, in case you want to see him . . . thats the least I can do now, to make up to you . . . .so I’ll go ahead” he said, but before he could enter his car . . .

“Dean! . . .” for the last time I call him up, he smilingly look back.

“Thank you . . .” I simply said. And he smiled back before driving off his way.

I was left wondering around the beach, walking through the shore, feeling the water and the soft sand underneath my bare feet.

 

“ . . .35th Flr. . .  513 Yeongdong-daero, Samseong il-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul . . .Byun Corporation. .  CEO. Byun Baekhyun . . .”

 

“Should I go?” I thought, I can’t decide on whether I should go or not, I was hesitant to look up for him and find myself disappointed again, just like the last time. I can’t afford to witness another heart breaking scene every time I see him, knowing the truth somehow made me  scared now.

I was walking through the shore when I step on something sharp.

“A shell? . . .” I took the shell and took a deep breath, before closing my eyes and whispered in it . . . .

“Please give me a sign, if I should go or not . . .” and I throw it to the water. I close again my eyes and say my prayers.

“Oh God, help me . . .” Right after that, I open my eyes and see a bottle floating in front of me.

“Was this  your answer? . . .” Then I pick it up and see that there’s a paper inside. I open the bottle, pull up the paper and read . . .

 

“ . . .God of the water . . .Send this message to the woman I love, Please tell her that I loved her so much and I want her to be happy, as this bottle flow off this ocean I’m probably far away from her now, but let her know that my love for her remains the same, I love her and I will always love her. As long as the water flows and this bottle floats,I’ll wait for her. I’ll wait till she find herself walking back to me. Water oh . . .water swiftly float this bottle to the woman I love so she can decide to come back to me . . .Love . . .BB”

 

“BB? . . .Does this mean? . . .” Right at that moment, there’s only one thought that had been running through mind and that is  . . .

“Thank you! . . .”

I said as I run off to where my happiness are . . .

 

 

*****

 

“Sooyoung!, Do you really know the place?, we’ve been roaming around here for an hour!”
”Chill . . .Hyo, Trust me, I got this . . .”

“Arghh! . . .” And Hyoyeon annoyingly followed her. After a couple of minutes, they still couldn’t find it.

“You know what, this wont do, I think we should ask someone now . .  We can’t trust your human-navigator skills . . .” And Hyoyeon took the lead to find someone to ask to.

“Ahh excuse me, do you know where this place is? . . .”  

“Oh its right there at the corner, the tall building on the right”

“Oh . . . Thank you!” and Hyoyeon successfully find the place.

“Wow, good job Hyo”

“See? I told you we can’t trust your navigational skills, its awful”
”Wow!. . . ok Fine!” and Sooyoung just rolled up her eyes.

“So where should we find him?”

“Duh?! Why don’t you ask them instead of wondering around here?” Hyoyeon said.

“Why are you so moody today? . . . I can’t take you anymore” Sooyoung laughingly ask.

“Lets just ask, ok?” and they went to the front desk.

“Ahh Excuse me, is Mr. Byun Baekhyun around? . . .”

“Ahh Do yo have any appointment with him?”
”Ahh No , but . .”
”Ah Sorry but we can’t e ntertain you if you don’t have any appointment . .”

“No ah we just want to talk to him, he knows us  . . .”

“Sorry Maam but we can let you go in . .. “

“Oh please Mam! We just need to talk to him . . .” Sooyoung and Hyoyeon pleaded their hearts out but then . . .

“Sooyoung? Hyoyeon?” One voice interrupts them, when they look back, there they saw the man they’re looking for.

“Baekhyun!” and Sooyoung and Hyoyeon didn’t waste anytime, they  quickly drag him out and get him in the cab.

“Hey!. . . Hey! Hey! .. . Where are you taking me!! . . Wait!”  

“Sorry Baekhyun well explain on the way  . . .But for now we must go!”

“Mr. Driver . . . to the airport please!”

 

 

Baekhyun’s POV

 

“Oh Yes Sunmi, I’ll come on our dinner date . . .  I promise! . . .”

“Ahh Promise Oppa? I’ll really kick you hard if you don’t”

“haha Don’t worry I’ll keep my promise . .. “ I was in my car when, heading back to my office,when I saw two familiar women entering the front door.

“Wait was that Taeyeon? With Hyoyeon?” I thought.

“I can’t wait for tonight, I’m so excited . . . I got a new watch to . .. “ While Sunmi was busy telling me about what happened to her last night, I am here, confuse, on who I just saw.

“Wait was that Taeyeon? . . . .but she looks tall, Taeyeon was never that tall,  or was it Sooyoung? . .. . Ah No . .. thats impossible . . . ” I thought.

“Ahh Oppa? . . . . Hello! Are you still there? . . .”

“Ahh Yeah, I’m here,  actually I’m already back in my office so I’ll call you back later”

“Hmmm . ..  Why do I feel like you don’t want to hear about my new hobby, that you’re just skipping away . .. “

“hahaha, you got me there . . . So I’ll go now, I’ll just send someone to picky you up“

“OK . . .ok … Bye Oppa!! ”

As soon as I reach the lobby, I saw again the same women at the front desk, begging on their knees to go in.

“Was that? . . .” I  was surprise to see this two women. I didn’t expect them to be here, at some point I also expected that they’re not only two.

“Sooyoung? . . .Hyoyeon? . . .” When they look back I was confirmed, it was them , just only them.

I was happy seeing them, but what surprise me is when they suddenly drag me out and push me in the cab, waiting outside. Its been a week since I last saw them and now they’re here dragging me back to nowhere.

“Wait Sooyoung, why are we here? Where are you taking me?”

“Duh! You already know that!”

“Were taking you home” Hyoyeon said.

“Home? I am at home here”
”No, what Hyoyeon mean, is were taking you home to your left family”

“Family? What family?”
”Oh Byun Bekhyun, don’t act as if you don’t understand!” honestly I really don’t understand. I didn’t remember anything I had left , well expect for someone . . .wait is that what they mean? . . .

“Oh come on Baekhyun, you still don’t know what we’re talking about?”

“Ah no I have my guess but I don’t like to assume . ..”

“No Baekhyun, your guess is right. Were talking about . . . . Taeyeon here.”

”But how could she be mine, I mean she’s already with Dean”

“Huh . . . There’s a big misunderstanding here Baekhyun, and for your information, Taeyeon and Dean were no longer a couple as of the time you left her . . .”

“What? I don’t get it . . . I saw Dean proposing to her that night, and I saw them hugged. Taeyeon must had accepted him so I thought . . .”

“No Baekhyun, what you saw was just an act of Dean . . .”

“I don’t get it . . .” I was confuse, literally confuse. I know what I saw back then, but they’re telling me that its a mistake, a misinterpretation, so what am I suppose to believe to?

“Sooyoung, why don’t you explain it to him,what really happened . . . .” and Sooyoung did.

“What? Dean . . . He- . . he . ..” I was speechless, my reaction?hearing the real story, behind all of this is just . . .WOW! . . .I can’t believe that it actually happened. I thought that could only happened in movies, I just can’t believe that it can exist in reality.

“ . . . I trusted him and I listen to him, thinking that it was ah . . Arghh!! I don’t know . .”

It seems like I felt all sort of feelings on that revelation, I was happy that they broke, up, but I was also sad and angry of what Dean did to her . . . to us, to our suppose to be relationship.  

“I know right? What happened to you and Taeyeon, were just a big misunderstanding . . .”

All this time, I thought that I was in the wrong position, All this time I thought that it was my fault for being late, but no . . . its because of him, the one at fault is all him.  He was the one who told me to stop. I wouldn’t forget that call that night . . . .

 

“Hello Taeyeon!”

“ahh Whos this?”
”Ahh Who is this? Why do you have the phone of Taeyeon”

“By the tone of your voice, I think you’re the guy who left her, Your, Baekhyun right?”

“How do yo know my name?”
”Its not important now, listen Mr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter