Love For Hire XII

Unexpectedly Expected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Taeyeon's POV

 

 

. . . Alarm . .. . Snooze. ..

 

“hmm . ..  5 minutes!”

 

. . . . Alarm Snooze . . .

 

“Good morning! . . .” I was welcome by a groggy voice beside me.

“hmmm …. Good morning . . .Did you just came?”

“Yeah, I came almost 6am . . .”

“Have you finished all your work?”

“ahh not really but I l already left it to Atty. Jang, its not that important anyway”

“Oh . . .”

“Why? You’re not happy? You don’t like me staying here?”

“No of course not, I’m happy. . .I am”

“Really? Why you look sad?”

“No, Its just Why you suddenly decided to stay here?”

“Well, I realize that I’ve been busy with work, for the past years so now I decided to have a break and to bond with you and Hanni, I already missed it”

“Aww. . . you don’t have to, we understand your work, but . . .Thank you” And he smiled at me.

Its been a while since Dean stayed in my house, he’s been busy with work, that he cant even stay long for a minute. Since he started his business, he  always go back and forth from here to Seoul and Busan. For the record, this is the longest time he stayed here, 5 minutes.

“Come on, get up, I brought some breakfast, Hanni’s already awake, she’s waiting for you downstairs”
”ok ok . . “ I then get up from my bed, and do my morning routine. After coming out from a quick shower I suddenly receive a message.

“Good morning, Taeyeon . . . .Hope I’ll see you today“  I unconsciously smiled, reading his simple message, is enough for me to have a good day, and so I replied . ..

“Good morning too Baekhyun,  . . . we always see each other,so why are you hoping for that?”

“Yeah, but I hope its just you and me . . .”

 I was taken aback with what he said, but without thinking twice, I replied . . .

“Then we’ll meet , . . . . just you and me”

“Really?  . . . then I’ll see you later Taeyeon . . .” I smiled, I don’t know why I said that, It may be wrong but it just happened, and I don’t regret it.

“Ahh Hon? . . .  Are yo- . . oh . . . Why are you smiling?”

“Oh Ahh  . .”

“Who is it? You look happy?”

“Oh umm . . . Its just Sooyoung”

“Ahh, come on downstairs after that”

“ok . . .”

After we had an unexpected kiss, two nights ago,  I somehow felt the happiness again, after so many years of fantasizing, and after taking the advice of my good friend, Sooyoung.

 

“Taeyeon, I’ll tell you this once, only this once . . .For your own sake, follow your heart, and go with the flow, Baekhyun is already presenting his self again, don’t wait for him to disappear, and be a crazy crying lady again once his gone . . .”

“Sooyoung, what you’re saying is impossible, he has a wife, and I have Dean, this is wrong”

“And you think, sticking into your own partners is right? You don’t even love him”
”Who?”
”duh?? Of course Dean, You didn’t loved him all this time,right? You just accept him, because you were broke, and desperate at that time. Now that your real love is here, don’t let this chance slip away, or you’ll regret this again for the rest of your life”

 

I don’t know if taking her advice is the right thing to do, but at this very moment, I feel like it is the right and only thing to do, but  the only problem is, Dean is here.

“Welcome, to Hyuk’s Hotel . . .Enjoy your  stay”

“Sooyoung!”

“Oh Taeyeon, hows your date?”
”What? Not yet . . . ahh have you seen Baekhyun? Did he went out already?”

“Ahhh actually, his right behind you . . . now”

“Surprise! . . .”

“Baek! . . .”

“Ahh since you two have each other now, I’ll leave you guys . . .Bye! Have fun!” And Sooyoung left us.

“So were all alone now . ..” Baekhyun started, with his hands reaching out on me.

“Ahh Baek, . ..” and try to get off from his touch.

“Why? Did I did something wrong?”

“ahh Dean is here, he might see us . .”

“Ow.. .Sorry . . Then I guess I wont be seeing you after this”

“I guess so . . .” we were both get in silent, we entered again the awkward zone, but then that silent were soon stop, when someone came in.

“Oh Mr. Byun, you’re here”
”Mr. Dean, hi so nice to see you again”

“Oh since your here, would you like to join us? Were going out to the beach, Me, Taeyeon and Hanni”  and I looked at him, waiting for his response.

“Ahh well . . .I have other things to do so . .” Baek was about say no, but then Hanni came in.

“oh Ahjussi oppa, you’re coming with us?”

“ahh Hanni, sorry but . . .”

“Oh Please Ahjussi, Eomma, Appa, Cant ahjussi come with us? . . . Please!!” and Baekhyun looked at me, as if his waiting for my reaction.  

“Ahh Yeah . . o-of course, Mr. Byun,  you can join us, right Dean?”

“Yeah, I think Hanni, will be happy excited, so care if you join us?”

“Ah well if you insist, then sure . . . I’ll join you guys” Baekhyun said, as he look at me

“Yey!! Then we can play now Ahjussi . . . Come on lets go!” And Hanni excitedly pulled him to the car. I can feel the awkward situation coming ahead, me, my daughter and my legal partner Dean  together with my lover, Baekhyun. I was silent all though out the ride, with Dean driving the car and Baekhyun and Hanni playing at the back seat, I sometimes take a quick glance through the rear mirror, only to be welcome by his stare, match with his quick smile. I pull out a poker face, not wanting Dean to notice our secret conversation. But that soon ended when we finally reach our destination.

“So we’re here . . .”

“Wahh Appa, you rented this place? . . .”

“Yeah, I just for tonight, so we’ll have this place till tomorrow morning”

“Wahh Appa . . .Jjang! . . .”

“Go ahead Taeyeon, check out the area . . .”

“Ahh sure, ah how about you Mr. Byun?”

”Ahh I’ll help Dean here, you two go ahead” And he smiled. We were on our way to the lobby when Hanni, suddenly ask an interesting question

“Eomma, does that Ahjussi, don’t have any family”
”hmm? Why did you say so?”

“Nothing, I’m just curious, a while ago he told me that I am so lucky to have you and Appa, that I have a parent with me, unlike him . . .Eomma, I think that guy is sad” I suddenly get worried, why would he said those things to a kid, what does he up to? . . .

“Eomma, Do you think if Appa is alive, would he be like that Ahjussi??”

“Huh? What are you talking about? Your father, Dean is alive, Hanni”

“No, I mean my real father, do you think he’d be as cool as that Ahjussi?” ever since Hanni was young I’ve been really honest with her, about me and Dean, she knew from the very start what we were, and what relationship do we have, but there’s one thing that I lied from her,and that  is about her real dad, who happens to be the guy his now calling ‘Ahjussi’.

Ever since I unexpectedly got pregnant, I promised myself, not to get involved with Baekhyun’s life ever again, because I felt guilty, I knew that we conceived that child through sin, and I don’t want to ruined his relationship with my best friend. I tried to hide it, because I felt ashamed, because I got pregnant without even having a man, boyfriend or a husband with me. I thought to my self that I was a disgrace to my father, I promised him, that I will have a descent and happy life, but what I did is the complete opposite. I felt so horrible back then . . .

 

“Shhh . . . Taeyeon ah . ..  why are you getting so worried? Its fine, so what if you are pregnant? So what if you became a single mother, who cares? Its your life . . .”

“I know Sooyoung but I cant help it, knowing how the people look at me in disgust, when they knew that I got pregnant by a married man, I cant even lift up my head to face them, Iam really ashamed at myself, Sooyoung . . . How could I let this happened?”

“Taeyeon ah, People really has something to say, whether you did good or not, but please, don’t let that affects you, its not good for your condition now . . .”

“Sooyoung ah , what if I abort this child, I mean its merely a weak old, its still early I -I  . . I can still . . .”

“What? . . . Are you insane? Your killing an innocent life for heavens sake Taeyeon, My Gosh, you’re really getting out of control . ..”

“I don’t know what to do anymore Sooyoung . ..”

“Shh . . . I’m here Taeyeon, Well get through this”

 

I somehow get through that stage, but I still cant help but to feel bad at myself, knowing that I am all alone in this battle from now on, I cant just rely to Sooyoung all the time, now that I’m having my own child, I should learn to stand on my own, It was hard at first, dealing with people full of judgement, but as tough person I am, I get through that, with, of course, the help of Dean. He came right in time, when I needed someone, in other words he saved me from my problem not just only in personal but in financial as well.

 

“Taeyeon ah, you already knew how special you are to me, I love you, I accepted that you rejected me when I first confessed to you before I left, and I left you a promised that I can wait and I’ll come back  for you, now that I’m here, I want to fulfill that promise, please let me, give me a chance to show you that I can be your man . . .I love you and it never change up until now, you’re the only woman I loved . . .”

“But Dean, I am not anymore that woman you knew before, and I have a child now, I cant let you carry this responsibility that I should be dealing with alone . . .”

“I don’t mind that, I don’t care if you have a child, what I want is a chance, a chance to prove myself to you, I can accept you and your child as a whole, please just let me . . .I can be a father to your child if you want to, I want to be with you, because I love you  . . .”

 

Dean has been my very special friend since middle school, we were very close that almost all our neighbors thought us to be a couple, I do love him, but as a brother only,  hearing him saying those words made me decide and gave him a chance, but not that long, as a lonely and desperate woman I was, I accepted him. Although I know that I may regret this later but I have no choice, because honestly speaking, I wouldn’t survive this long, without him, without his help.

As Hanni grows up, I never hide to her that the man I am with now is not her real dad, I don’t want Hanni to see him as her real dad, because I don’t want Dean to use that against me, once something came up. He knew that from the very start, and I’m glad that he accept my decision. One thing that  he’d done to my daughter was concealing the truth, he was the one who told her that her real father is dead, although it seems wrong I just ride along, wanting also to forget the connection between me and the father of Hanni.  

I thought that secret will be kept hidden forever, but I was wrong, now that we’re all in the same situation, I’m afraid that sooner or later that secrets will be revealed and for sure all of us will get hurt, specially my little girl.

“Eomma, can we swim now?”

“Ahh lets wait for your Appa ok . .”

“Ahh excuse me, where will I put this?” Baekhyun suddenly came in

“Oh ahh just put it there . .” While my daughter is busy with her things, I went to Baekhyun’s side to talk to him.

“Why are you doing this?”

“What? This? Well I’m just helping”

“No, I mean why did you came here with us?”

“Why? I thought its ok, and besides the kid is pleading to me, so I cant help but to go . . .”

“You could have said an alibi . . . .”

“Why? Does it make you uncomfortable? . . .”

“Of course, Baek, I feel like I’m in between of my family and you, how do you expect me to feel about that”

”Why? Are you afraid, that they would caught us? . . . “ and he went even closer to me, thank goodness were in a corner, or else we’ll be caught on the spot.

“tss. . .I don’t know why I agreed on this . .. “ I said before pushing him off of me.

“Taeyeon wait. . .. “ And he push me to wall and attempted to kiss me.

“Baekhyun . . “ but I manage to stop him.

“Please not here . . . Dean is just around, and Hanni might see us . . .we’ll be in trouble”

“Just one kiss . .. Please . . .” and he pout his lips to me, and as I cant resist him, I gave in, and give him quick peck on his lips before rushing off. That simple secret  moment, is what making us excited, that tension between pleasure and being caught is the reason why I guess I held onto this situation.

“Ok Hanni, just wait for me at the lobby, I’ll go look for Appa ok”
”Neh Eomma . . .” And I look for him Dean,

“Dean? . . Dean? Where are you?” His been missing for an hour now, and I’m starting to get worry, I tried to call him, but his line is busy, so I tried to search for him all over the lobby.

“Where is that guy?? . .Oh Dean?. . .” and I found him on the balcony, talking at his phone.

 

“ . . . . I’m at work ok? Why you cant understand that? I’ll come home, when I’m done ok . . .”  

 

“Who is he talking to? . . . . Work? He told me that he already passed his work to his legal team, what is he talking about?” I thought,

“Pfff . . . as if I care . . .” I said as I leave him, and head to the beach.

“Eo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter