My Dream Prince IV

Unexpectedly Expected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Baek, are you ok?” he didn’t answer.

“Baek, Look I’m sorry . . . about what happened earlier, I didn’t mean it he-. .”

“Taeyeon. . . .” he cut me up and deeply look at me, I worriedly look back at him, waiting for his next words.

“Lets sleep now, we need to be early tomorrow” he desperately said as he enters his room.

“Huh! . . .I’m really sorry Baek. . .”

 

Although he smiles to me, I knew how awkward that was to him, seeing your ex-best friend with your now best friend, in the middle of the night.   

 

 

“Baekhyun, wow . . .long time to no see” Sehun offered his hand, but Baekhyun didn’t take it.

“Taeyeon, what are you doing here? Aren’t you going home?” Baekhyun ask, but before I could answer, Sehun did.

“Ahh actually, she’s really on her way home, I just walk along with her”

“Ahh . . . Come on Taeyeon, I’ll take you home” Baekhyun said.

“No its fine, I’ll take her home” Sehun once again answered. This time Baekhyun holds my hand and look at him.

“No! Were going home” I can feel the tension building up on us, so I cut in before they get too far.

“Its ok Sehun, I can go by my own, you better go now, its already late”

“Are you sure Taeyeon? Its dark though”

“Yeah, Baekhyun is here so I’ll be fine, and besides were living together so I am in good hands” I saw a sigh of relief as well as disappointment in his face.

“Oh ok .. . so I’ll go now . . . .Bye!”

“Bye!”

 

 

After that sudden short meet up. Baekhyun stayed silent till we reach the house. I tried to talk to him about random things to at least lift up his mood, but he just shortly reply. Yes . . .No . .. Nod. Simple reactions from him, but shows a lot for me. I get him and I cant blame him for such reaction, its hard to suddenly face your long time friend-turned-enemy, in just a snap. If I was on his position maybe I wouldn’t face nor talk to him, but that was him, and I was amazed that he got to control his emotions.

 

I went to my room and lie on my bed, thinking how was my day today, but then I remembered something, I reach for my bag and through the pockets.

 

“Taeyeon, Sorry to bother but can I ask you a favor?”

“Oh Hwasa, Sure what is it?”

“Can you give this flashdrive to Baekhyun?”

“Whats with the flashdrive?”

“Ahh This is the copy of our report for next week, hes been asking me that since last weekend, but I always forget it, now that I remembered it, I couldn’t find him, so kindly please give this to him?”     

“Sure, no problem”

“Thanks Taeyeon”

 

So I go to his room beside mine, and knock.

 

“Baekhyun? Are you still up?” I tried to call him but theres no answer.

“Maybe he’s already asleep” I thought. I twist the door knob to see if its lock and fortunately it is not. So I get in, and find his bed empty.

“Where is he? Did he went out?” I said. I look around and observe his room.

“Oh my~ what a clean geek that guy is” I said in disbelief, from his bed to his books on his shelves, down to his shoes on the floor, everything is well organized.

“Seriously, Am I in a guy’s room?” I was so amuse with his room that I didn’t notice him coming out from his bathroom.

“Taeyeon?” My senses came back when I heard his voice. I turn around and I was shock to see him half , with only towel covering his lower body, and his hair is soaking wet. I suddenly feel hot from what I’m seeing. It took me a few minutes, to realize that I am staring at his half body with him looking at me in confuse.

“Taeyeon? What are you doing here?” My senses came back again by his voice, so I turn around in embarrassment.

“Ahh Sorry if I go in, without your permission, I tried to call you but your not answering so I get in, I didn’t know that your taking a bath.”

“Ok . . .but you didn’t answer my question, what are you doing here, you’re not coming here to just check on me right?”

“Oh ahh Hwasa ask me a favor to give this to you . .” then I show him the flashdrive I’m holding, putting it on his bed. I can feel him walking close to the bed on where I am standing.

“Ahh I’ve been asking her for that, good thing she gave this to you” I bravely turn around only to see him standing almost a foot away from me. I tried to relax and stay clam, keeping up my mind and not be drowned by this awkward situation.   

“Ahh He . .I mean she . . couldn’t find you so she look for me instead.”

“Ok thanks.” and then he smiled. I got to calm down by his smile, his warm smile, even though he looks fresh and I feels hot, I can see the sadness and irritation from his eyes.

“So he’s still affected by his presence, he still hasn’t move on” I thought.

“Is there anything else, Taeyeon?”

“Ahh no thats all, I’ll leave now, Good night Baek!” I said but before I could walk away, he holds my hand and look at me.

“Is Sehun . . .is he . . .” I just look at him, trying to understand what he’s trying to say.

“Is he what? . . . Baek?”

“Nothing . . . .Don’t mind me . . .Good night Taeyeon” he said. As soon as I walk out his room, I heaved a big sigh of relief.

“Whoah! .. .That was close! . . . focus Taeyeon . . . Focus!”

 

I had a hard time falling to sleep, as I was bound with so many thought, from school work, to project reports, presentation, to what happened between us three, to the feud between Baekhyun and Sehun, to Baekhyun’s body . . . . eh? . . . Why am I thinking about his body?

 

I don’t understand why on earth am I thinking and imagining his not so fit but cute body.

“Arghh!! Come on Taeyeon! Its 2am now! Sleep! Stop imagining him ok?” I told myself.

“ This is not right? I need to refresh” I get up and head to the balcony.

“hmmm . . .Fresh air . . . “

“Couldn’t sleep?” I was surprise with his voice, he was also standing on his side of balcony.

“You surprise me, . . . ah yeah, I can’t sleep, well I’m not that sleepy yet. How about you?”

“Same as you, Still not sleepy”

“Wow, Thats new, your not asleep yet at this hour , we have to be early this morning though”

“Huh . . .Well I cant sleep, you?” he ask.

“I think you already ask that a while ago” I said.

“Oh . .  hahaha Did I? I forgot” he said.

“Is there something bothering you?” he stayed quiet.

“Is this about what happened earlier, . . .well technically last night, cause its dawn already . .so is that whats botheri- . . .”

“What if I tell you that . . it is.” he answered.

“Baekhyun . . . “

“Are you going out with him?” I was surprise with his question.

“No. . ..  we just bumped into each other at the coffee shop I work on, he offers to take me home, I refused but he insisted, so I can’t do anything but to let him do what he wants, believe me, I didn’t mean it to happen. I try my best to avoid him . . . for you”

“Taeyeon, not because we had some misunderstanding, it doesn’t mean that I’ll hold you back from making friends with him”

“But whats with the question?”

“Nothing, I just want to know”

“I’m telling you Baek, you have nothing to worry, me and Se- . .. I mean, me and him, were just friends,well getting friends again” and he smiled. I can sense that he somehow felt relieved.

“Now I felt sleepy . . .” he said.

“haha me too . . .So let sleep, uh wait its 2:30am now, we only have 3 and a half hours sleep, so don’t expect that I’ll be in a good mood later, I’m telling you.”

“hahaha ok ok . . Good night again, Taeyeon” and finally I had my good night sleep.

 

 

“Taeyeon? Are you up? Taeyeon?” I was wake up by the banging on my door.

“Ahhh . . . . can I not go today? I’m so sleepy “

“I heard you Taeyeon, but no! No excuses so get up!” its 5 am and I am hearing his voice from the other side of the door, and its not a good wake up alarm.

“Huh . . ok. . ok . . I’m getting up!” I shouted back. I drag myself to the bathroom and have a quick cold shower.  

“Huh! Really Byun Baekhyun, if I really get a cold because of you, I’ll really tie you up on your place, I’m telling you!”

“What will you tell me?” and again I was surprise with his voice. I look back and his leaning on my door. I didn’t notice that I am still with only a towel covering my small body. It took me a while to realized our situation.

“Yah!! Get out!!! Don’t you see I’m wearing nothing?” I get really embarrassed, so I try hard to push him out of my room.

“Ahh your not actually , your wearing a towel so . . .”

“Even so . .  I’m still so get out!!”

“ok ok . . in 10 minutes you have to be downstairs, breakfast is ready”

“Ok ok , now leave!” I can feel myself turning red.

“My gosh, doesn’t he know how to knock? Why does he still go in when he saw me wearing this? . .” I suddenly stop when I thought . . .

 

“Is this a dejavu?”

 

 

After an hour, where ready to go.

“Why are we up so early? Its week end, cant we just sleep?”  

“Just go with me, it will be fun”

“Huh . . . what can I do? I’m already here . . so where are we going?”

“Secret . . .but first let move on, we have to catch up the bus”

“Bus? Why where are we going?”

“Just follow me. . .” After 20 minutes we reach the bullet train station.

“Just stay here, I’ll buy the ticket. . . don’t go anywhere”

“Ok ok . . I’ll freeze myself here” and after 10 minutes were already inside the train.

“Hey wait! I’ll sit at the window side . . .”

“I knew it . .” he said as he sit beside me.

“So we’ll stay here for 2 hours so relax, and enjoy the ride”

“Why do I feel like were on the movie of Train to Busan, like there’s gonna be a zombie popping out there . .” and I pretended to be a zombie just like in the movie, popping on my neck, with a weird facial expression.

“hahaha you’re silly Taeyeon. . . Stop it . . .  hahaha people are looking at us”

“What? I’m just reenacting the scene at the movie, what if there’s a zombie that grabs you on your neck like this . . .” and just like a zombie would do, I pulled him by the neck and pretended to it.

“hahaha. . .stop it . . . Taeyeon I have ahh~ . . .there . .hahaha” we just laugh at our crazy reenactment.

 

After some minute, after I get down from my being hyper, its only then that I realize what I just did.

“Oh my gosh Taeyeon, did you just buried your face on his neck? My Gosh! What were you thinking?” I thought. I went silent after that, I felt embarrassed looking at his side, so I focus myself, looking at the window.  

“wahh . . .” I was amazed at the beautiful view outside, as the train moves forward, the views keep getting better and better.

“Its beautiful isn’t it . . .” I can feel his breath at the back of my ear, to which make me freeze on my spot.

“ahh yes . .It is” I calmly said. After a while my body starts to relax, and my being sleepy slowly comes back. I lean back on my seat and slowly close my eyes.

 

Soon enough, I can feel my head leaning on something soft, when I open my eyes, I was surprise that was actually leaning on his shoulder.

“Oh my! I didn’t drool right? Cause that would be so embarrassing, if I did “ I thought. I was thinking to move a bit but then I realize that his head is also leaning against mine. In other words, I fell asleep on his shoulder, while he fell asleep on my head.

“Should I move or not?” I thought.

“Nahh . . . sleep is more important, so no. . .” says my heart, so I followed.

 

 

“Excuse me Maam?. . .Sir? . . . .” I was wake up when someone is tapping on my arms.

“Sorry to disturb you Maam but were already at our last station, you need to get off now” says the train conductor

“Oh! Really? . . .wait. . .” I move my head to which make Baekhyun wake up.

“Baek, were already at Busan station, We missed our station … wait did we missed it or …”

“Relax Taeyeon, were on the right station . . . Welcome to Busan!” and Baekhyun excitedly drag me off the train. I was surprise.I cant believe him.

“Why? How? . . .  What are we doing here?”

“I told you, its a surprise and its doesn’t end here, you’ll see my big surprise soon”

“What? Theres more?”

“Yes, but before that, lets hop in first”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter