Love For Hire X

Unexpectedly Expected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Baekhyun’s POV

 

 

. . . . Alarm Snooze . . . .

 

“Good Morning Mr. Byun, Heads up for your schedule today, you have a meeting with our new investor at 10am, followed by a lunch meeting with Mr. Kim, and a conference meeting with the group of Atty. Jang . . .”

“Ok Thanks Ms. Lee . . .”

Its early in the morning, yet I am packed with meetings. I was busy preparing my stuff when someone suddenly came in.

“Oh Yoona . . .What are you doing here?”

“Ah I just drop by, I haven’t seen you for a month so I decided to see you before I leave to France later”

“Oh your leaving?”

“Yeah, Haven’t I told you? Oh maybe I forgot, well I’m having a shoot for my new reality show, and it will take some time, before I come back. . .”

“Oh  Then have a fun trip . . .”

“Thank you . . .By the way I brought some food, I knew you haven’t much time to prepare breakfast since your busy, so I prepare you this . .. “
”ahh Thank you? . . .” I awkwardly took it form her hands, as she go to the kitchen to prepare the table. I don’t know what happened, but I suddenly felt her care for me this past days, and its making me confuse.

“ahh Baek, aren’t you eating your food?”
”Huh?”

“I said, why aren’t you picking up your food? You don’t like it?”

“No, no I like it . . . it just that, your acting weird . . .”

“Huh? Me? Weird? Hahaha why  . . How?”
”Well you’re suddenly barging in my house, giving me random things, preparing my food and everything, and saying goodbyes . . . I mean you never do that to me before, I’m just confuse why you’re suddenly acting that way, I mean, you know, we’re not a cou-   . . .”

“I know Baek . . . I’m sorry . . .”

“Why? Why are you saying sorry . . “

“I knew were not connected anymore, I mean were divorced already, but I kept on seeing you, as if nothing happened, maybe I’m not yet used to being away from you . . “
”Well it maybe hard but you have to get used to it, and besides you have Siwan now, it would be unfair for him, if you keep on meeting your ex-husband, behind his back . . .Just a friendly advice”

“Your right . . . .”

“Don’t do to him, what you did to me, its a different case now, you chose him over me, so you better defend your choice”

“Baek, have you forgiven me? Sorry to ask this, but I always have this feeling of guilt inside me, maybe thats why I keep on seeing you, I want to make up to you”

“I do Yoona, I already forgave ou, now its time for you to forgive yourself, and move on, cause I’m moving on “

The saddest and hardest part in separating, is acceptance and forgiveness. No matter how heartbroken I was when she chose to leave me, I still want the best for her. We might be not happy together, but at least in our new chapter, we have the chance to find that happiness, and I’m fine with that.

After attending my early meeting, its time for lunch.  

“Good day Sir, Mr. Kim is already waiting for you at the . .. “
”I know, I’m on my way now . . . Thank you Ms. Lee” After quite a minute, I finally reach my destination.

“Hyung! . . ..” I exclaimed in excitement when I saw the man sitting the corner, looking out the window.

“Baekhyun! . .” I hurried;y ran up to him, and gave him a tight hug.

“Oh I miss you Heechul Hyung! . . .”

Heechul Hyung and I first met when I was in college, he was working in our company as a sales agent back then. He became my best friend, my brother, even my father since I was always left alone with him. He became my mentor, up to this day.

“So Hows, Singapore? I heard your establishing your new business line there”

“Well its great,  I’ve met a lot of people, and I’m glad that they’re very pleased to meet me hahaha”

“Of course, no one can reject you, your the best Hyung!”
”Oh stop it, come on lets order, I’m hungry . . .”

After working hard as our head of creatives, he decided to leave our company and establish his own business, and I’m glad that he did cause he wouldn’t be this successful if he didn’t. Now he’s one of the biggest and well known gaming corporation in the country. But no matter how successful he is right now, he’s still not happy. Something is still missing from him -his family.

“Hyung, are you ok? . . .Whats the matter?”

“Ahh nothing, I just remembered someone”
”Oh what is it? Care if you share it with me?” I saw the hesitation in his face followed by a deep sigh, before speaking a word.

“Huh . . . today is the death anniversary of my father . . .”
”Oh I’m sorry to hear that . . .”

“Its ok  . . . “

“Is this the reason why you came back here in Seoul?”

“Hmm yeah, its one of my reason . . .”

“Well have you visited him? “

“No, I haven’t seen him since he died, I don’t even know where they buried him”

“How about your sister, you said you  still have a sister right?”
”I do, but we don’t have any communication since I left . . . I don’t even know where to find them now . . .”

“Well do you heard any news from them?”

“No, I don’t have . . .”

“One question Hyung” he nervously look at me.

“Why did you leave them?” He couldn’t speak, he just look away  and breath hard.

“Sorry, it maybe too personal, its ok if you don’t answer it- . .. “

“Because I was selfish and . . hard headed” He simply answered, in a shaking voice with a teary eyes and tehn he continued.

“Hahaha I remember back then, my father would always tell me to never crossed the road without looking around, but because I am  a stubborn little boy, I didn’t listen so ran across the street and there comes a car passing by, I almost got hit by that car, but I didn’t because my father did. He pushed me to the side, and he was the one who got hit. And as a result my father had a major fracture on his right leg, and because of that, he couldn’t walk properly then, he had to go around on wheel chair, hahaha I was a head ache back then, and I feel sorry for that . . .” I just listen to his story, without noticing that were both tearing up already.

“You must have regret everything . . .”

“There are sometime that I do, but if I didn’t do it, I wouldn’t be where I am right now, and I wouldn’t meet you and your family, who became my second family. Without your father, maybe until now, I’m still roaming around, looking so awful . . .So Thank you “

Its my time, hearing his true story, we’ve been close together for years but its only now that I got to know him the real and serious him.

“I’m sorry to hear your story Hyung, I shouldn’t force to tell it, now were both crying out here, its so embarrassing hahaha”
”Haha its ok, at least you know . .”

“But Hyung, are you going to find them? I mean your sister, will you look for her”

“I’d like to but I don’t know where to start, I don’t even know how will she react if she knew that I’m still alive, I was thinking if she’s mad or disappointed at me, or maybe she don’t want to see me after what happened”

“Dont say that, Hyung, I know for sure, she’ll be happy to see you . . .”

“I hope so . . .”

“Ahh Hyung, I know, maybe I can help you to find her, I can talk to my detective friend, he can help us for sure”

“Really? Oh Thank you Baekhyun”

“I’ll set an appointment with him, one of this days so that you can talk to him.”

“Thank you Baekhyun, after 20 years, finally I can find her . . .”

‘Aww you do love your sister don’t you?”

“Of course she’s my only family left”

“Oh that’s so sweet . . .” the love Heechul Hyung is showing for her sister reminds of me of someone who has the same love for his brother.

“You somehow reminds me of someone Hyung . . . . I hope you find her soon”

“I hope too,  . ..  wahh! Enough with this drama hahaha . ..  come on lets continue to eat . . .” After his heartbreaking story, it was soon replace with fun and naughty stories, as expected, my good old Hyung is back. After that fun lunch its time to go back to business. Another meeting is waiting for me so I hurriedly went back to my office.

“Sir, Mr. Kwon is already waiting for you at the conference room . .”

”Wait Mr. Kwon? Who’s this guy? I thought I have a meeting with Atty. Jang?”

“Oh Mr. Kwon is the CEO of the Hyuk Hotel, he’s with Atty. Jang anyway”

“Oh I see  . . . “ After I getting all the necessary documents I headed next to the meeting room.

  “Good afternoon Gentlemen, I’m sorry I’m late . . . I had some urgent matter to fix i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter