Chapter 8

Externally Ethereal(revamping, title might change)

"Honey?" Christina called out.

   You yelled out a quick "coming" and stared up at the stairs smiling while hearing the boys laugh and joke around in their bedroom. You walk into the kitchen to see Christina cooking dinner.

"Mmmm," you sniffed the air, "spaghetti?"

"Mhm. I see you took a while at the store." Christina stated as she looked over her shoulder.

   You scoff and her head snaps towards you. You give her an annoyed look and throw your hands up into the air. And in your most high-pitched whiny voice, you began to complain.

"Goddess what's this? Goddess what's that? Can we buy candy? Can we buy a FREAKING SLIP 'N SLIDE? Ugh! It was crazy! All I wanted was to buy them pajamas and they distracted me so freaking much that I forgot to buy them a stupid pair of underwear!"

   You realize then what you did. Christina had a quizzical look on her face and you can tell she is utterly confused.

"Goddess?"

"Uhm... yeah."

"Why do they call you Goddess?"

"Uh-"

"Because she practically saved and sheltered us." Kai said as he appeared at the doorway into the kitchen.

   Christina jumps from being startled.

Ohmygod Kai I take that back, you're no longer disowned.

   You hear Luhan snort in the distance and you knew it was because he read your mind. Christina was still looking at you and she raised an eyebrow.

"Oh really?" she says.

"Yeah, plus she doesn't like it, so now I get to ." Kai said as he winked at you from across the kitchen.

   Your jaw drops.

"Lord have mercy." Christina says and shakes your head.

"I am definitely going to keep an eye out on you." she says while pointing her finger at him.

"Yes ma'am."

   Then he walks over and hugs her. Her eyes grew wide in shock.

   He hugged her.

   Kai hugged Christina.

"For the love of god Kai, get off the poor woman!" Luhan says as he walked in throwing his hands in the air.

"But I like her."

"Kai you're scaring her! Off. Now."

What the just happened?

   Still holding onto Christina, he peers over her shoulder and gives you a very sly look before he winks at you again.

I have said 'ohmygod' so many damn times today and I still don't know what the is going on with this kid.

   You then see Luhan's eyebrows furrow and you notice that he sniffs the air. He stares at Christina and then takes a couple steps closer.

"Spaghetti." you state.

"What?" asks Luhan out of confusion.

"Spaghetti?"

"What?"

"YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT SPAGHETTI IS?"

   Realizing that this might make things awkward considering Christina doesn't know that these boys are from a different - well you don't even know- you drop the topic. 

   An hour passes and you, Luhan, Kai, and Christina are eating at the kitchen island. You actually enjoyed it. It was filled with jokes, sarcasm, messy faces, and a happy maid. Right after Luhan and Kai tried spaghetti for the first time (which is absolutely crazy because you think every dimension, world, and household needs pasta) Christina's eyes softened and you saw a smile form on her aging face. The boys loved it and thanked her repeatedly until she would hit Kai with her dish towel for up so much. Everybody was in high spirits. The knots in your belly began to untie from seeing Christina accept the boys.

Do the boys have friends? Have they been alone like me? Were people ever friends with them because of their abilities and not because of who they are?

   You definitely accepted the two boys for who they are. Luhan's sweetness and Kai's cuteness was the cherry on top to your life, even if it has only been a day since they arrived. Maybe it's your pendant, maybe it's theirs, maybe it's just everyone's happiness, but whatever it is you want to keep it. Shortly later Christina excuses herself and goes to her room, you figure that she wants to go shower, especially after Kai splashed tomato sauce on her blouse. And boy did he get the evil eye for that one.

   Once she's gone you realize that you have been carressing your pendant for who knows how long. Luhan sees it and smiles at you. But wait. What was behind that smile? It looked like fondness, sincerity maybe. Over the past day you have realized that Luhan has this aura about him, the only way to describe it is like him having a gravitational pull. He is so pure, he practically radiates it. Luhan seems like the type of boy who would cling to you and cuddle you for no reason.

This boy is too cute.

   Luhan suddenly jumps and chokes on his food. Kai flies up from his seat and pats his older brother on the back.

"You okay?" Kai asks with concern.

   You know you're starting to blush from feeling the blood rush to your cheeks. Luhan looks at you and he's blushing as well. Kai keeps glancing back and forth between the two of you because he has no idea what just happened.

"Uhm, I think I am gonna go up to the bedroom now Kai." Luhan says while staring at you..

   He doesn't waste any time rising from his seat and running out of the room and up the grand foyer stairway. Kai glances at you and the only thing you could do was shrug your shoulders. Then you start to giggle because Kai has a glob of sauce on his chin.

"What?"

   That only made you laugh harder. You don't know why it was so funny, but his owlish eyes wasn't doing any good either. Soon enough you were slapping your knee and snorting.

"Can someone tell me what is going on!"

   You try and stop yourself which only makes you erupt into giggles again. After a couple of seconds you stand up and grab a napkin from the counter. You seriously didn't understand why he hasn't felt it. It looks like someone just got up and happily placed a dallop on his face. You slowly get closer and he holds up his hands in surrender and walks back slowly.

"What are you doing?"

"Oh just come here already!"

   You try to grab him but he jumps out of the way. You reach for him again and he runs behind the kitchen island. You start chasing him and end up running in circles around the table. Soon you hear a deep belly laugh from him and it makes you want to chase him more. After about five minutes he runs into the foyer and you dart after him. He tries to turn to go up the stairs until you tackle him on the first step. Both of you can hardly breathe from running and laughing.

"You dork!"

"What did you just call me?!"

"Dork. Come here!"

"Wh-"

   You see the moment and reach over to wipe his face with napkin you have been holding this whole time. He looks at you and you raise the napkin to his face to show him. He glances at you and pratically starts roaring with laughter.

"What is going on in there? Can't you try and at least be a little quieter? You'll wake up neighbors!" Christina hollered.

   You and Kai mutter apologies and start giggling again.

"Hey do you wanna watch a movie?" you ask randomly.

   You know you hit the jackpot when Kai's eyes light up. You race past the kitchen into the main living room.


   Another half an hour goes by before Luhan walks down the stairs and follows your voices into the living room. He stops suddenly when he realizes what you were both doing. You were on the floor leaning your back against the couch and Kai was laying down with his head in your lap. You look up and see him and smile, running a hand through Kai's hair.

"Hey"

"Hey"

"Wanna watch a movie?"

   He looked at the TV, looked at you, looked back at the TV, shrugged his shoulders and walked over to you. He decided to sit on your right and he brought his knees up to his chest resting his head on his crossed arms.

   You decided to give yourself ten points for choosing to watch Rush Hour. The whole time the three of you were laughing non-stop. It was good to be like this. Naturally having fun with actual friends. You know you have never felt this way before. Watching movies was a lot more pleasing when there is people to enjoy it with you. It was good to see smiles on their faces. A little later into the movie you feel Luhan rest his head on your shoulder. You rub your cheek against him. What happened next was unexpected.

   You were completely entranced by the movie when you felt a soft hand slide into yours. Your shoulder jerks a little and you look down at Luhan. You couldn't see his face from all his waves of curly hair but you noticed he didn't react at all. Then a rush flows through your body.

That's it, there it is again.

   You felt the same way you did once you first put on your pendant, but it felt like your veins were injected with it. What shocked you even more was it made you calm. You were expecting to feel adrenaline or giddyness. But you felt at peace.

   Kai looks up at you from your lap and gives a small smile. You acknowledge his smile with one from yourself and after doing so he turns his attention back to the movie. You sigh.

   The movie ends and you're trying to push the boys off of you. Kai started rubbing his eyes and then he adjusted his body to be more comfortable.

"Nuh-uh, get up. I have school tomorrow and you need to go to bed." you say.

   All you hear is a grunt and then a noisy yawn. You roll your eyes and start to stand up. Kai grabs a hold of your leg before you can.

"Kai. Off."

"No"

"Go to bed."

"Mmph."

   You sigh as Luhan gets up slowly and stretches. You give him a get-him-off-me look and he nods his head.

"Kai." he says.

   Nothing.

"Kai."

   Still nothing.

"Hey Goddess did you know Kai is ticklish?"

   Kai jumps suddenly and rolls off you.

"Okay okay! I'll get up!"

   You smirk and high five Luhan.

"I'll remember that next time."

   Kai groans and rolls his eyes. You stand up stretching as well. Kai walks over and gives you a side-hug and mumbles a "g'night" before dragging himself to his bedroom. Once he's gone you turn to Luhan and give him a cheesy grin. He does the same thing back and makes an "after you" gesture towards the foyer. You walk with him up the stairs and whisper a "goodnight" to him before walking in your room and closing the door.

   When the door is shut you walk over to your closet and strip off your clothes and pull on a baggy t-shirt and fuzzy pajama pants that has penguins on them. You fall back on the bed and stare at the ceiling. God a bed has never felt this good to you. You didn't realize until now how tired you were from this exhausting day. You were too lazy to get under the covers so you just stayed there, tired and smiling.

   You replayed all the events that happened through the day.

I can't believe this actually happened.

   Then your next thought was you forgot to give the earrings to Christina. The thought after that was how is Luhan going to train you in less than two days to control a persons mind. Is it even possible? Do you really have powers? Is it going to hurt someone or yourself? Will you have to do this everytime some of the boys come? You then started doing math. You come to a conclusion that within twelve days you will gain twelve boys.

Boys who seem protective over me, who feel like they actually care for me.

 You jump at least three inches off your bed when there is a knock at the door, you slowly sit up on the edge of your bed and call out a "come in". The door opens and Luhan peeks his head around the corner. You smile and pat the space next to you on the bed motioning him to come over. He comes in, turns around, and softly shuts the door.

"Is it okay if I stay in here and talk to you for a little while? Kai is passed out and mumbling about food."

   You give a wide smile and nod your head. He takes slow steps until he's at your bed and then he just......stares at it.

"Lu, is something wrong?"

"I've never been on a girl's bed before."

   You notice you're blushing again and you quickly look away. Once you look back you assure him it's okay. He slowly lowers his onto your comforter. He finally sits down and looks surprised.

"Woah it's so comfortable!"

   You smile and he falls back onto the bed with a whoosh and smiles happily with an expression that reminds you of a puppy.

"So I guess everything is okay then?"

   His expression suddenly changes and he slowly raises himself to where he is sitting next to you. You look at him with a questioning look. He takes a deep breath before he begins to speak.

"No we have never had any friends, we always had each other. Sometimes one of us feels alone but then we remember that we have plenty of brothers with us. And thankfully, no, nobody has tried to be friends with us just because we have cool abilities."

   You look up at him and raise an eyebrow.

"Huh?"

"I read your mind earlier. You asked questions. I just wanted to answer them."

   You look down and try to remember what he's talking about. After catching on you snapped your head up and your mouth formed an "O" before you nodded your head.

"You get it?"

"Huh? Oh, yeah. Sorry it's been a long day."

   He looks into your eyes and you see him form a soft smile. He reaches out to caress your arm and your shoulder jerks again.

"I-I'm so sorry. Me and my brothers are really close and w-we all crave contact. We are a little clingy." Luhan adds quickly and decides to take his turn to look down this time. You reached for his hand and he looked up at you.

"Hey, hey. It's okay. I'm sorry, I'm not use to people touching me. It's my fault. If you haven't noticed I don't have a lot of people around me."

"So you don't mind if I touch you?"

"Nope, go ahead. I just have to get use to it, that's all."

"You might have to get use to it because the rest of us are worse."

   You picked up on that he was talking about his brothers. You nod your head reassuringly to prove to him it's okay.

"I just get jumpy sometimes, I'm okay with it really."

   Luhan suddenly looks like a wave of sadness rolls over his face.

"You already miss them don't you?"

"They are all idiots, but yeah, I do. We have never been separated before, except when we split into teams for sparring."

   You decided to ask about that later and you interlace his fingers with yours and you rub the side of his forearm.

"Well you know what? Two of them will be here soon, we just have to wait a little while. And then two more will come, and two more after that. Soon I'll bet you will be wishing that you had time to yourself again. You'll see."

   His face brightens a little and it makes your heart sing, knowing that you helped him feel a little better.

"I should get some sleep." he announces.

"I agree, plus I have school tomorrow and you guys insist on taking me in the morning. That means you have to get up early too buddy."

   He shakes his head and it looks like he regretted making that decision. You smile and shove his shoulder gently. He shoves back and then gets up from your bed.

"Thank you Goddess, you are truly an amazing woman." 

   Your breath catches in your throat as his words enter your mind. He then turns off the light and walks out of the room. You sigh happily and crawl under the covers as a deep sleep slowly creeps into your mind as you drift off.


A/N: Hey! Woooooo I like this chapter too. So cute!

So this week I have finals *sobs in a corner with my teddy bear*

and that means that I have no idea when I will update again. I have half days on wednesday and thursday and I have the day off Friday, but you never know.

I hope you understand and wish me luck as I trudge on through these awful exams!

But here's a quick poll for you cuties ;)