Chapter 24

Externally Ethereal(revamping, title might change)

A/N: Gaia's back, back, back,

back again, again, again,

Gaia's back, back, back, Tell a friend, friend, friend~

:) Hey guys!


   The rest of the night was used for spending time with the boys and Christina. You were still pretty shaken up from what happened, and for once you were okay with them being overproctective. They would barely let you out of their line of vision. If you walked to the kitchen, someone would go with you. If you went to the bathroom, Luhan volunteered to stand outside the door. Normally you would feel like you're in a prison, but even a dark room was starting to scare you.

   What's worse is that at the back of your mind your conscience was overflowing with guilt. You killed. It was trying to hurt your boys, and you would do it all over again without a second thought, but you've never killed anything that big before. Sure you've killed house spiders, centipedes, and other small bugs, however a minotaur is completely different. You were too nervous to speak your thoughts, thinking that the boys would think that you felt mercy for their potential killers. It was all just very confusing.

   And what gets you the most is your abilities. When that man approached you, you hate to admit it, but you've never felt so powerful or controlling. You felt like you could take on the world, and you probably could try since you are the goddess of balance. 

   When it got incredibly late, you were finally getting tired and wanted to sleep. Usually you would feel grumpy if any of the boys ended up in bed with you, but you practically begged them to stay this time. And of course they agreed right away.

"You know you won't be able to do this when all twelve of us are here right? You have a big bed, but not that big." Xiumin said, curled up next to you.

"I'll make them sleep on the floor." you mumble while trying to get closer to Sehun. From somewhere across the bed, you hear Kai let out a small chuckle.

"I don't know, Tao is pretty clingy." Sehun added, wrapping his arms and legs around you.

   You turn your head to face him and raise your eyebrow at the same time.

"If he's clingier than you we might have a problem." you joked.

   One by one, each boy fell asleep until you were the only one awake. You honestly were tired, but the paranoia was creeping in. How were you ever going to get over this if you're still worried? Even if the four boys were practically right next you.

   You don't feel yourself start to drift off until the early morning light starts glowing from your window, and with that you finally closed your eyes and fell into yet another deep slumber.


"Goddess, wake up."

   You ignore the foggy voice and turn onto your side.

"Come on, you slept long enough."

   You groan and place your head under the pillow, kicking the person that's next to you.

"Goddess it is literally two in the afternoon. You need to get up."

   Outwardly groaning and pouting at the voice, you open one eye and shield your face with one arm. It takes a couple of seconds, but you finally make out Xiumin's appearance. 

"No." you mumble.

   You hear him sigh. When you catch him looking the other way, you snatch his arm and pull him to you, making him topple over you. He lets out a suprised noise from his mouth before finally giving in.

"Come on, we have to leave in a few hours." he mutters, combing your hair with his fingers.

"Whyyyyyyyyy?" you whine into his shoulder.

"We have to pick up my brothers."

Oh . It's been two days.

   After realizing what you have to do, you slowly but surely completely wake yourself up with the aid of Xiumin. He helps you pick out clothes to wear before you agree to hop in the shower.

How could I forget? I wonder who's coming.

   Even now you still feel drained and it takes you quite a while to get ready. The boys helped you in any way they can. You can tell they were pretty tired too, but yet still had hope and excitement for the two brothers they were going to be able to be with again. And the curiosity was starting to get to you since you've heard all about each brother. 

   As the time finally approached, you told Christina that you and the boys were going to go for another walk. After reminding you that you originally had a college visit today, you asked if you could change it to a different weekend. As always she let you, and you and your guardians set off.

   Walking out to the clearing actually made you feel better and more light-hearted. You made conversation with all of them and like always the subjects varied and went off into many different tangents. Each of you actually laughed at one point and it made the five of you feel good. Especially when that five is about to turn into seven.

   Like a pattern, the guardians betted on who would be coming. The sun felt good on your skin since summer is just around the corner. When they asked you on who you wanted to come, you simply told them that any brother is fine since you haven't met the others. 

   Reaching the clearing, it was only a couple minutes wait until you started to smell the strong scent of flowers and rain. The fragrance lit up your features and you peeked over your shoulder to see that it made your protectors grin as well. A couple seconds pass before a bright light shone through the thin air, making you feel giddy.

   Persephone stepped out of the light and you made no hesitation to run straight to her. Her light tinkling laughter sounded like music to your ears as you exchanged hugs, even the boys did too.

"Hello children, how's the past couple of days been? You ready?"

   All you could do is nod your head, still excited to see her. Persephone has definitely been growing on you, and you swear she is the sweetest person you have ever met.

"Alrighty then, let's call upon your guardians then, shall we?" she says to you in her charming voice.

   Just like before, she clasps her hands together and raises them in the air over her head. Her lips move but you hear no sound. And behind her a black inky mist begins to form.


A/N: OMG EXODUS ALBUM FINALLY RELEASED. IMMA CRY.

I'm literally dancing to El Dorado right now. 

Seriously I feel so emotional now that I can finally listen to them.

And I was able to update! Yaaaay! 

Should I make a chapter where all of them have to follow her to her future campus? I think it would be cute. Shenanigans will definitely happen if I do write it haha.

Kentucky is beautiful as usual by the way. Loving it so far. I use to come here like three times a year and I'm so happy. Whenever I cross the border I just feel myself relax and take in a deep breath because Kentucky is literally my getaway place. I feel so at peace here (even with crazy little cousins)

I leave for Florida Wednesday(: Apparently my prom date is in the Keys and he sent me pictures of a manatee and omfg marry me already

I hope you're having a great week and jamming out to Exodus! I seriously almost cried.

See you soon Chickies! Welcome new subscribers!