Chapter 68

Externally Ethereal(revamping, title might change)

"Where is he?"

"I don't know, Goddess."

"Well find him NOW!" you yell.

   Stomping out of Kai's room, you head to the lobby of the castle while being draped in more clothes that someone left in your room last night while you and Yixing were sleeping. Since Chen woke the two of you up this morning you have been in this terrible mood. Truth be told, you know how horrible you're acting, but you are so enraged that it doesn't matter to you anymore. 

"And for s sake where is Persephone!" you holler. 

   The maids who were lingering around on the main floor near the atrium froze. In any civilization that is associated with the Greco-Roman parthenon can be put to death for such vulgar language. Even the people in this world of yours can be punished for treating you this way. A couple of the women gasp, and another runs into the kitchen as Christina is walking out.

"Young lady you better watch your language!" Christina warns with a wagging finger. 

"Why?! Who cares!" you shout.

   Christina expression alters from shocked, to sad, to angry in a matter of a couple seconds. You automatically feel a sharp stab in your chest that is led by the knife of guilt. You have no right, goddess or not, to bite the hand who fed and raised you most of your life when no one elso could or would. Tears well into your eyes, and your stomach churns. Once she sees how distraught you are she walks towards you with sympathy glazed across her face. 

"I'm sorry!" you wail, embracing her while sobbing.

   To say that you entered another rollercoaster day filled with emotions would be an understatement. After what little time you spent sleeping you had no urge to leave your bed whatsoever. You knew that it was depression setting in and you hated yourself for it. You hate yourself for so many reasons right now, and Chen and Yixing both had to beg and bribe your way out of bed. When you finally did your energy restored, but it was fueled by anger and rage. You feel it's the only way to keep you going without falling apart. Being said, you mentally smack yourself for breaking down in front of everyone.

"Shhh...it's okay...it's alright." she crooned, patting your back.

   Kris and Sehun exit from Sehun's room one floor above and they walk towards the bannister that looks down upon the atrium. Sehun grips the railing firmly before trotting down the staircase. Kris, seemingly uninterested in the matter of this whole ordeal, follows him but then leaves to step outside. His brother hears him mention something along the lines of training.

"Can someone tell me what the hell is going on?" the youngest demanded.

"Yuri is freaking out because she thinks all of this is her fault. She feels guilty." Xiumin says, walking pass the scene that is currently going on.

"I should've known."

"It's not your fault." Sehun reminds, as everyone else has the past day.

   Yixing practically had to dress you this morning because of your mood. He reminded you that you had a breakfast to attend with the townspeople, and crisis or not, you have to stay strong for the civilization you have now. The fresh food was delicious you admit, but other thoughts kept you from enjoying the beautiful meal. Even your guests realized something was wrong although you tried your hardest to act fine. Before you went to sleep last night you made a deal with Iroh and the other gods that nobody should know what happened. It would bring mass hysteria. 

"I should have stayed."

"All of us would have died."

"But not my entire planet!" 

"Actually, he probably would have still done this even then." Xiumin calls out from somewhere in the fortress that you can't see.

   The kitchen door opens as a couple of maids step out with plates of food. Sehun and Christina exchange looks before she goes to the kitchen to help. Sehun then takes her place and brings you in to hug you tight. His height makes it possible for him to kiss you on the top of your head.

"How can you even stand to be near me?"

"Because you're mine, whether you like it or not."

   You snort and you can feel the grin on his lips as he leans down to press a feather-light kiss on your left temple. You stay in that position with him for what seems like a very long time before you pull back to look at him.

"Don't you have something to go do?"

"Besides take care of you and worship the ground you walk on? No."

"Seems like Kris was in a big hurry." you retort.

"He'll come around, I promise. Just give all of this some time. Figure out this situation with Keres first, and then we can work on building your relationship with Kris, okay?"

"We would be more powerful with the bond though."

   Your head to the side as a voice enters your mind. Sehun gives you a questioning look before you return his gaze.

"Luhan needs me. Hold on."

   Turning your head to walk towards the staircase, you freeze. You don't remember where Luhan's bedroom is and you may have not even been in there before. While trying to map out where everyone else has their room at, you try to find the possibilities of where he could be. Realizing the issue, Sehun takes your hand and leads you up the stairs. He walks past his own bedroom and you feel as if you are a ragdoll being tossed around at a playdate.

"Wait, you have long legs! Slow down!" you whine.

"It's right here."

    He opens the door for you with one hand while still holding yours in the other. Luhan is sitting at the foot of his bed with his legs crossed Indian-style. His elbows are on his knees and standing in front of him is Persephone and Athena, just the people you were looking for.

"Somebody told me you were looking for me?" he asked you.

"And I?" Persephone replied.

"Where have both of you been? My race is killed and you guys are nowhere to be seen?" you ask. 

   Sehun squeezes your hand and Luhan drops his head. 

"How much rest have you received this past night, young one?" Athena asks.

"Why does that matter?" you mutter.

"Answer." Persephone barks, and you're appalled by the tone she uses. 

   All of a sudden you're not confrontational as you just were. Yes, you do have a higher status than most, but Persephone is your patroness and techically Athena should be noted as one too. You look down at the floor as Sehun lets go of your hand to rub your back.

"Two hours, my Goddess." you squeak.

"Well that is hardly enough to function for a human as such as yourself." Athena replies steadily.

"I can't sleep."

"You are barely acting as a goddess should. Maybe rest will aid your troubles."

"Sleep isn't what I need. I'm gonna go crazy if I don't do something soon. My insides are churning."

   One might have believed that you meant that you didn't feel well, or that the guilt was eating your insides, but they understood what your words meant. Ever since you found out, your 'scale' of balance has been out of sync. For some reason the inbalance of the moral equilibrium makes you nauseous. You feel uneasy, stressed, guilty, and anxiety-ridden. Thankfully, being in this world provides stability. Unlike back home, your gifts are easier to control here.

"Come, let us take a stroll." Persephone interrupts.


"Why are we outside?"

"You and I must go to a certain part in the forum, you have not been there before and there is something I would like you to see."

   Not really understanding why this is such a big deal right now with the crisis you are in, you follow her anyways without any more questions. Maybe it will help get your mind off things while everybody else gets together to plan for a strategy of war, and deep down inside you wish that your guardians were taking this more seriously than they are. When you agreed to momentarily leave the castle, Luhan said he would grab a couple of people to start putting a plan together. You just hope that they are actually doing it.

"In times of despair, you must remain in control Yuri", the goddess began, "or the woes inside of you will consume your soul. You want this act of revenge done now, but we must focus on the difficulty and the efficiency of this war, not the speed and satisfaction."

"He's unstoppable. I honestly don't know how I'm going to be able to restrain him and I don't know how I will be able to just let a murderer of genocide be handed over to Zeus."

"Know this, demons run when a good man goes to war. You will find a way to overcome your turbulent struggles. Bringing the enemy to the king of gods is a good decision to make. Zeus does not usually take interest in violent affairs, but he seems to find you intriguing. A rash man he may be, but I believe you can trust him."

   You arrive at a field with a stone barrier carved out into a rectangular area, shaping its size. Several patches of grass is missing and there are areas that seem to be singed. There is one enclosed section right outside the barrier that has raised seating for multiple people to sit. Currently in this courtyard was Iroh, Kris, Chanyeol, Kyungsoo, Chen, Suho, and Baekhyun.

   All of them were fighting. Not with their fists, but with their abilities. It doesn't take too long for you to realize that Iroh is already training them. You smile because someone is finally listening to you. They need to have their mentor again and you secretly hope Iroh will help you in this war.

"Goddesses." Iroh bows as he walks over.

   Chen nearly shocks him with electricity as he passes through, yet he has no fear whatsoever. Currently, the teams are Kris, Chanyeol, Chen, and Kyungsoo, Baekhyun, and Suho.

"Isn't that a little unfair? Putting Chanyeol and Chen on the same team?"

"Villains don't play fair, small one. They must learn to overcome the odds."

   Persephone nods and engages conversation with the mentor. Iroh maintains courtesy the entire time and begins asking about how her morning has went. After the greetings are done, he quickly mentions that the military has willingly agreed to enter the war alongside him. 

"How could you do that?" you exclaim.

   Behind Iroh, Kris loses focus as he's flying to look down at you. He is then knocked out of the air as Baekhyun blinds him, causing him to fall. Kyungsoo laughs and high-fives his brother.

"Do what? You and I are fighting for the same purpose." Iroh responded.

"What you're doing is making my people commit suicide!" you yell.

"What do you-"

"Don't you get it? I can't let anyone else die!" you scream.

   The entire training match stops. All of them are frozen, and with Iroh and you being the main people they take orders from, they don't move from their spot out of fear and worry. However, Kris stands back up and makes his way over.

"With all do respect, there has been troops training to protect and serve you for years longer than you can imagine. They have chosen to do this." Iroh tries to reason.

"They are real people! They aren't slaves and they aren't little machines that you can just place anywhere you want! Most of them have families! How am I supposed to bring peace if I bring them death?!"

   Although the scene unfolding is loud, hard to watch, and unnerving, Kris for the first time looks hopeful as his eyes land on yours.


 

 

A/N: Okay so I've been working on this chapter for about two weeks. Since pieces of this huge storyline puzzle are falling into place, sometimes I find it awkward to start big events without including plenty of detail.

What is your opinion? Would you let them fight? 

Funny story, last night before I fell asleep I made a mental reminder about finishing this chapter. In my dream I was stuck in this huge house with Exo. I went outside so all of us could play in the yard (I think catch or football). Apparently I was dating Lay in my dream and he left to go run errands. Well something happened during playing catch and Sehun came over to check on me. And then we kissed? Like what? All of the other members saw and they got sooo ty with me. I went back inside and like locked myself in the basement because I was so ashamed and everyone was mad except Sehun because he was confused. But then like over the news a serial killer broke out of jail and was like on the loose? So we couldn't leave the house.

Idk. It's been awhile since I had a really weird dream lol. And like, why Sehun? He's not even one of my biases. 

Have a great start to the week!

What's one of the weirdest kpop dreams you've had?