Chapter 31

Externally Ethereal(revamping, title might change)

   It was late in the afternoon and the three boys plus you were all squished onto your bed napping. Well you were trying to at least. The only way you could tell what time of day it happens to be is from the low sun shining through the window. Besides that, the past 48 hours have seem all jumbled together to you. However, your back started to hurt again, knowing that eventually you'll need Lay to come change the gauze and do some more healing sooner or later. Other things that kept you up was your troubling thoughts. 

Is Christina okay? What's taking the boys so long? How am I going to be able to go to school? How am I going to remain having a normal life when there are so many abnormal things about it? When is that dude and his minions coming back? Do they know where we live? Do they know anything about us at all? Where the is my painkillers?

   Currently on your stomach, you try to wiggle to get more comfortable and end up having the opposite result. Wincing, you at least try to jiggle your leg that was trying to fall asleep thanks to Mr. Cling King over here next to you. 

Aish, these boys.

   Your pendant has remained calm and cool since the other three left, trusting that it meant they're okay. Slowly, the peaceful feeling began to defeat the dark thoughts. Since the relationship between you and the boys have been growing stronger everyday, you've been able to almost feel what their emotions are. The three guardians around you felt peaceful, and it made you curious. Even though you have only received Yixing and Chanyeol yesterday, once they accepted you, your abilities have begun to accept them. Flipping the switch on one of your abilities, the room exploded into color as each of their auras were shown. It wasn't blinding, but light enough to make it fascinating. 

Why does looking at their auras make me so happy?

   Sometimes when no one is paying attention, you unlock your ability and just sit there, enjoying their presence along with the lively colors that flow from them. It always broke a smile onto your face. The aurora borealis couldn't even compare to this, it just made you feel so alive. Something about their auras made you feel that you truly weren't alone. Ever since you first got the pendant it had brought the comfort of making you feel closer to your guardians.

   Also, since you have to unlock your hypnosis to see the aura, it's been decided that it is better to not tell anyone you do this. So it gets to be a small little secret you keep to yourself. The next minutes are peaceful despite the pain that was starting to increase in your back. Out of the corner of your eye you see one of the boys move, sparking your interest. 

   Quickly shutting off your hypnosis, the bright colors fade until they are no longer visible. Luhan stirs awake and you make eye contact as soon as he lifts his eyelids. He squints, looking around as if he doesn't know where he is, then rubs his eyes and stretches. 

"What's on your mind? It's running a mile a minute."

I have a quick question.

"Alright, let's hear it."

The first time I used hypnosis, you said you knew about my anxiety. How?

"Ah. That. Goddess we're bonded together. I know you can slightly feel emotions and so do we when it comes to you. I felt it when we approached the front door."

Oh.

"Plus Persephone hinted at it before any of us met you." he yawned out loud.

What?

"We always knew we were going to be guardians. She told us before me and Kai were sent that you might have issues adjusting just like us, so if you get scared we just have to make sure you felt safe. That's all."


   After everyone woke up, ironically around nine in the afternoon, they helped you down into the living room back on the couch. You were currently discussing the topic of school with the three boys.

"Goddess, how are you going to get around? You can barely walk." Chanyeol said first.

"Good question."

"And?"

"I have no idea."

   That thought has crossed your mind already. There is less than two months of school left, but right now it seems like a decade away. This is the year you graduate, you can't afford to miss a lot of classes. Luhan turns on the news as you become lost within deep thoughts.

"What are you going to do?" Sehun asked.

"Boy. I just said I don't know. Pay attention."

   He huffs.

"Tonight on LMH News at Nine, we will be discussing the numerous storms and earthquakes that have been supposedly forming around the Moonlight Path area..."

   The four of you stop and turn your heads to the screen.

He's right, what am I going to do?

"Only if they knew." the youngest said bitterly.

"We are putting everyone here in jeopardy." you added.

"We're protecting them though." Chanyeol inserted.

"From what? They're after us, not the community." Luhan said.

   At that point in time, you hear the front door open, jolting you up and creating pain in your lower back. Everyone else was startled as well. Your pendant begins to feel warm and light up with a light yellow color.

"I swear to whatever is holy Yuri, what did I tell you about overdoing it?" you heard from across the house.

"Just the man I've been wanting to see." you joked as Lay trotted into the living room.

"Well, you did use to think that he was coolest one out of all of us." Kai said from the opposite side of your home.

"Really?" Lay asked grinning, revealing his dimple.

"Yeah, even before she met you!"

   Lay gives you a wink and laughs lightly.

   While everyone settled in, he ordered you to take your shirt off and lay face down on the carpet so he could change your bandages. Afraid of doing too much and possibly putting you into a coma, he has only been giving light touches of healing here and there to help with the gash. Most of your scrapes and bruises have gone away but your face is still pretty swollen. However, he has always been gentle about your health and just nags when you get too stubborn.

   When Xiumin and Kai did file into the room as well they gave you soft hugs and warm smiles. They all sat around you on the floor as the television gets turned off and the atmosphere grows quiet after all the "Hello's" have been dished out.

"So let's hear it." you started.

   Yixing sighed.

"She'll be okay. She doesn't remember what happened, which I find suspicious, but she will able to come home tomorrow." 

"Okay." you calmly say, letting out a breath of relief.

"I pretty much healed her broken ribs without her knowing while Xiu and Kai talked to her, she's really nice by the way, but besides that she has a lot of contusions-

"Lotta what?" you ask.

"He means bruising." Xiumin replied.

"-and a concussion. I also helped heal some of that, if we go back tomorrow I'm sure I can make it to where she's good enough to come home. Her cell regeneration rate is fascinating." he finished.

"What do you mean?"

"Even without me, she heals pretty quick. She has good health for her age which is really nice."

".....Do you think she has the ability of cell regeneration?" Chanyeol asks out of curiosity.

"I don't know. Too soon to tell."

The ? Christina might have an ability? Why didn't she tell me?

"We also had to tell her about you being hurt." Kai interrupted.

"What, why?"

"What will she think if she came home to see you like this? How would you lie on the spot?"

"Okay, you got a point."

"So we told her that you fell down the foyer stairs."

   You started laughing and the boys looked at you.

"I'm sorry, but I'm so clumsy that she would believe it." you said laughing some more, making you flashback to when you slipped in the kitchen while listening to Bad Moon Rising.

Gosh, why does it seem like that was so long ago?


   Around midnight or so, Yixing did another healing session with you and for a little while you could get up and hobble around on your own again. Currently, you were making your way to the kitchen cabinet while loud noises came from the living room.

I could get use to this. Besides the repeatedly almost dying part.

   The brothers ate earlier but you didn't, which your stomach is now making you pay for it by grumbling like a dying whale. The noise draws closer as you see Xiumin and Lay enter the kitchen. They were doing some weird martial arts tricks which made you admit that it looked kinda cool. For a while you forgot that they, along with Tao, were pretty much the only ones who knew how to fight. Both of them were blocking hits, but you could see Yixing gaining up on him and taking the advantage.

   While opening the cabinet door, you stared at the food trying to decide what to eat. Behind you, you could hear Xiumin grow frustrated and think it's because Lay is winning.

"Stop cheating!"

"Why would I do that? Plus Kai's the cheater." Yixing answered coolly.

"I heard that!" Kai shouted from the living room.

   You scoffed and brought your attention back to the food and reached in before you heard a loud crackling sound hit the cabinet, making you jump.

   A glass like film covered it and you glanced back at the boys, which both of their eyes were wide. You turn your head again and examine the little door and realize that it was indeed not glass, but a thin layer of ice. Facing the boys, you stomp your foot.

"I JUST WANTED CHIPS DAMNIT."


A/N: Heehee, the chip thing was cuz_tao 's idea. Thanks bae.

This chapter is mainly just conversation back and forth, but I feel like you guys like that :)