Chapter 32

Externally Ethereal(revamping, title might change)

GM A/N: Three things really quick:

1) Submit your Q&A's! (look at the post previously labeled as 'Important!' if you don't understand what I'm talking about)

2) Have ya'll heard 'View' by Shinee yet? It is SO good. It makes me & cuz_tao rave XD (thank you for helping to write this ridiculous chapter haha)

3) The votes are now closed for who you wanted to come after Lay & Chanyeol because of this chapter ;)

 


 

  By midnight you were successfully able to get all the boys to bed- in their own bedrooms too. The next morning, however, the house was definitely filled with energy. Chanyeol started off the day offering to make breakfast (in other words you made sandwiches and he 'grilled' them) and Lay made Kai go around and help clean up the house. Things were going great. You and Yixing had the morning healing session and Sehun set off to the hospital with Luhan to help take Christina home. Currently you were sitting up with your legs spread out on the couch with your laptop.

  Before Luhan left, he suggested that you should take the rest of your school year online since you won't be fully healed anytime soon. At first you argued, saying that it would be harder to understand without the help of a teacher and that you would have to drop band, but he reminded you that him and his brothers are more important.

"Goddess?" Kai asked, walking into the living room.

"Wha- why do you have a PB&J? I just fed you?"

"I'm hungry," he simply said, taking out a bite of his sandwich, "but I need to ask you a serious question."

  You raise an eyebrow towards his direction.

"Okay, what is it."

"Why do they call it a PB&J?"

  You and Xiumin, who was sitting on the opposite couch and previously watching the television, both stared at the younger brother with squinted eyes. Judgmentally, Xiumin rolls his eyes and mutters "you have got to be kidding me" before going back to watching the show that was airing.

"Aren't you guys going to answer me?"

"No" you and the oldest both say in unison.

  He groans and walks backs into the kitchen.

"You know we have to go get my brothers today, right? Xiumin says from across the living room.

"Yeah I know." you say, scrolling through Amazon.

"Goddess...I think we need to talk about something."

"If it's something Kai would ask I will literally throw my laptop at you."

"I'll just freeze it midair and have it drop to the ground and shatter."

  You raise an eyebrow at him. He raises an eyebrow at you.

"...fair enough. What is it?"

  He leans over to grab the remote control and turns off the tv. At the same time you close your laptop and set it on the table next to you.

"Wouldn't it be easier to show Christina our... you know, powers, instead of constantly having to hypnotize her? All twelve of us will be here soon, and your abilities makes us thirteen. There's no way we can hide this forever."

You got a point.

"And I think it's time we told Persephone about the guy and the minotaurs."

"I agree about talking to Persephone, we should have told her from the beginning. But I don't know about Christina...she's an elderly woman you know?"

"She needs to know Goddess, we have to protect her too, it's not like she's fragile."

  You hummed in response and told him you would think about it. He was right about one thing, Christina is definitely not fragile. That woman is made of steel and guts. You reach over for your laptop again and unlocked it to get back to what you were doing. For a while the two of you just stayed like that, and honestly it felt nice. Since this morning he has been playing Netflix on the television and was hooked on Game of Thrones, while you were secretly ordering laptops, cell phones, and new clothes for the boys instead of registering for your online classes. You figured the laptops would be nice for them wanting to find out about technology and the world they're living in. The cell phones were for obvious reasons and the very few clothes they had were stained with your blood. After finding out it would take a while for laptops to come in, but only a few days for the new clothes, you felt as if a small bit of weight has been lifted off your aching shoulders. Coincidentally, at the same time the rest of the boys that were home walked into the living room.

"Hey mother nature, when are we going to pick up my brothers?" Chanyeol asks plopping himself on the couch next to you.

  You snort and lift your legs so he could have space to sit before you stretch your legs across his.

"Well we're waiting for Christina to get home. Then Yixing is gonna give me more some painkillers so I can walk properly." you answer.

  Honestly you were nervous. The knots in your stomach weren't from picking up the two new additions to your big family, that actually made you excited, but you were worried about walking. Since the incident the longest distance you have been able to move is from your bedroom upstairs to the living room, and that's after a healing session. A couple days ago walking to the clearing didn't seem like a big deal, but now it feels a world away.

"I'm not giving you any more medication. I read the label and it says you can't." Yixing said sternly.

"How am I going to walk though?"

"No."

"But Laaaaaayyy."

"I'll give you a small healing session but that's it."

"I can't walk that far with only that!"

"Hey, I have a plan." Xiumin interrupts.

  Everyone looks towards his direction as he moves to sit up properly on the couch. You are starting to understand how Xiumin is the oldest of the group.

"Well, let's hear it." Chanyeol says as you huff and decide not to pay attention.

Why does my back have to deal with walking anyways, I can't do anything at all.

"Well your back connects everything in your body together. But that's just my guess"

Luhan!

"Yep, me and Sehun have Christina. Can someone come open the door for us? She's still pretty weak. Yixing has his work cut out for him."

“Yuri are you listening?” Kai asked.

“Huh? No. But go answer the door.”

“What?”

“I said, go answer the door.”

  The boys give you weird looks before Kai gets up and walks slowly out of the room.

“Christina’s home.”

  "Christina's home?!" Xiumin exclaimed excitedly. He jumped from his spot on the couch and squealed like a four year old. Gone was the oldest-I’m-in-charge-Xiumin, replaced was the chipmunk Xiuxiu. A similar squeal echoed  from Kai at the door.

"Christina!" Could be heard. You smiled and rolled your eyes as you made your way to stand up. Yixing gave you a weary look but you just shook your head and motioned for him to come over to you. He stood and walked to you, holding onto your arm and shoulders.

"So what was Xiumin's plan?" You asked as the two of you made your way to the door.

“Instead of all of us going there, Kai is going to teleport you and me to receive the other two. There, you’re going to explain to Persephone what’s been happening. If they come then Kai will teleport everyone back here, no offense but you’re still too weak to fight”

“Oh. That is a good plan.”

  Yixing hums in response as you enter the foyer and see the person you have been missing the most.

  Christina was inside the door and Kai and Xiumin was hugging on her. She had bandages here and there and also need assistance while walking.

“My god girl, what did those stairs do to you?” she exclaimed in her soft gospel-like voice.

  Lay helps you over to her and gingerly the both of you hug each other lightly.

“Christina, you’ve met Yixing,” you said gesturing to the boy next to you, “and this is Chanyeol.” motioning to the giant that was on the side of Xiumin.

“Well look at these fine young men you keep bringing, now Kai honey can you go get me a good ice cold glass of sweet tea while I go to the couch?”

  You, Kai, Chanyeol, and Yixing smile brightly and everyone starts helping you and your maid make your way back to the living room. Plopping yourself back in the spot where you were originally in, you pull open your laptop and start to register for online classes, for real this time. While doing so, you explained to Christina that it would be better to finish out the year online. Therefore you won’t have to deal with the bullying or the physical effort it will have to take. After awhile she finally hesitantly agreed.

“Can someone go get my pain pills for me? I think the tall one put it on the kitchen counter.” Christina asks.

“See! Can I have my meds too?” you whine.

“No.” Yixing responds.

“I’ll do it.” Sehun answers getting up from the couch where he just sat down.

“Nah, I got it. I was in the kitchen anyways.” Kai says walking into the room with a glass in one hand and the prescription bottle in the other.

“You boys are such dolls, thank you dear.”

  The next hour is filled with everyone spending time with your maid. You’ve missed her so much, and with her back it seems like you regained a little bit of strength.

  However, without Xiumin’s approval you hypnotized her again. It was only to let the next two boys come and stay and for her to be open minded, because sooner or later she will have to know about everyone’s abilities. To be honest, you know you aren’t ready for that. And you felt like you were betraying your own blood everytime you opened your abilities and willingly used them on her. Time ticks by, and before long Christina excuses herself to go take a nap before dinner with the aid of Chanyeol. She promises to make spaghetti, which earns cheers from Luhan, Kai, Sehun, and Xiumin, before Chanyeol shuts her door. He rubs his hand together and claps once, grinning with that dorky smile of his.

"Finally! No offense, I've come to love Christina, but I really wanna see my brothers."

   You nod in response as Yixing makes his way over to you. Leaning forward, Sehun pulls up the back of your shirt while the healer's hands hover over your skin. You come to relax when this happens. At first you actually felt really uncomfortable when you started these 'sessions' due to the fact that most of the time you had to reveal your flesh. Since his powers have awesome results though it has gotten easier. Sehun also helped you stand up while Lay worked on healing your legs because just about every muscle you had was either pulled or torn. That minotaur meant business when he threw you around like a ragdoll.

"I know, I personally find it amazing that you can walk at all." Luhan said out loud, earning gazes from everyone.

"Are you ever going to ask for permission to get in my head?" you scoffed.

"Most likely not."

   Rolling your eyes, Yixing finished and gave you a soft smile, revealing his way too cute dimple. Which gave you an idea.

"Lay can you go to my room and find comfortable clothes for me to wear? I showered this morning but the ones I'm wearing are dirty and I want to be comfortable."

   When he turns to head out of the room, you grip Sehun's hand tightly so he couldn't walk away. He looks up at you in question and you give an innocent smile.

"Can you go get my pills?" you ask.

   Sehun returns to his resting face and you hear Xiumin and Chanyeol laugh, realizing your plan.

"You can sleep next to me tonight~" you cooed.

   Without a second thought, he walks out to the kitchen and you fist pump while the rest of your boys shake your head at you. But hey, it worked.

   Quickly taking the medication, Yixing makes his way down and hands you a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt, making you remember that earlier Luhan said that it was windy outside, without the help of the youngest guardian.

"Alrighty, I'm feeling good. Leggo." you say, pointing to nothing in reality, but they get what you mean.

"We'll all be here when you get back. We wil take care of Christina too." Xiumin said naturally.

   You and Yixing stood in the middle of the large living room with Kai in the middle. As the time approached, he quickly grabbed your hands as the rest of the boys waved to you. Noticing him inhale deeply, one second you were there and the next second you weren't.


   Your head whirls as you pop up into the edge of the clearing. The first thing you see is that the forest looks almost solemn with the skies overcast and the settle wind whistling through the branches. The ankle high grass danced with the wind as it bent, tickling your skin. Swaying, Lay rushes to your other side as both boys hold you up. Normally his teleportation doesn't affect you, but this time for some reason it did.

"Sorry about that. Things get shaky when I have to transfer numerous people." he answered, as if he was the second mind reader of your growing crew.

   Halfway through his sentence, a familiar fragrance floats through the air. Smiling, giddiness fills your heart as your pendant heats up against your clammy skin. Either they smell it too or both boys sense the immediate emotion and look out in front of you. As the scent grows stronger, you feel the tension at the pit of your stomach untie and you can sense the relief from Kai and Yixing as well. The light fragrance of rainstorms and flowers enter the mind as a  bright light shines throughout the clearing, making you cover your eyes, as usual.

   Out of the light steps an ever so beautiful goddess that you have been dying to see. Feeling the pendant glow, peace feels the atmosphere as the lovely scent drifts away, making you almost yearn to smell it once more. She gently trots over to you, seeming as if she was walking on air before she stops. You guess being a full-fledged goddess and all can tell you when someone is not okay.

"My dear, what happened to you? You're weak." she says with her soft voice filled with concern.

   Kai rubs the back of his neck and Yixing just openly stares at you along with Persephone. You see something in her eyes click, and for the first time you see her expression turn stone cold.

"You're injured. Who hurt you?"

"I'll explain after the two arrive, they need to hear it too." you promise.

   Without haste, Persephone clasps her hands together and raises them towards the sky, eyes closing. The wind defers as an inky black mist forms behind her, facing you. Your heart grows nervous, picking up speed which earn glances from Kai. He reassuringly puts an arm around your waist and traces a circle with the pad of his thumb on the back of your hand. Glowing brighter, your pendant shines through your shirt as two boys step out of the dark and wispy fog.

   Persephone lowers her hands and motion to the boys to approach you. Out of your peripherals, you notice that actually their jaws drop as if they're shocked.

"What, not happy to see us?" jokes one of the boys who has short dark hair and a jaw line that could cut like a knife.

"Oh Luhan and Xiumin are going to love this." Kai grins mischievously.

   Obviously not getting the memo, you look at Persephone and she shrugs.

"Yuri this is Chen," she says while motioning to the boy with the sharp features.

"Hiya Chen." you say with a genuine smile.

"What am I? Chopped liver?" the other boy pipes up.

   He has either blonde or light brown hair, you can't really decide. He's around the same height as Chen and his current expression practically screams " I'm sassy".

"You're definitely right Kai, they're gonna have a field day with this." Yixing says with his eyebrows raised.

"And this is Baekhyun." Persephone adds.

"Hey there." you greet.

"You're pretty!" Chen blurts, earning an elbow to the rib from his brother.

   You blush and look back at the goddess who light-heartedly smiles before growing serious again. Getting confused for a millisecond, your mouth forms an 'o' as you realize that she is waiting for an explanation.

"Okay, you guys need to hear this." you start.

"Shouldn't we do the bond thingy first?" Baekhyun interrupts.

"Is she even strong enough to make two heartstring bonds?" Kai asks, meant for Yixing.

"Why wouldn't she be?" Chen asks.

   As if you're not there the boys starts discussing amongst themselves. Chen makes comments to Baekhyun about how he doesn't know what they're talking about and Yixing just simply shrugs saying if worse comes to worse he'll just heal you on the spot. Plus since the two new ones aren't bonded with you yet, they can't tell what you're feeling or know how healthy you are at the moment.

Wonderful.

"What's wonderful?" a familiar voice asks inside your head.

   Ignoring it, you audibly clear your throat to get everyone's attentions. By that time Persephone already has two necklaces in her hand and you were almost sad that you didn't see her receive it, since you always found that part so cool. She leans over and hands you one of the chains after she steps towards you. Immediately Chen steps up with it and smiles, making you guess that it's his.

   He drops on one knee and bows his head instantly, which at first startles you a little bit. Skin crawling with excitement, most likely seeping from your pendant, you place the chain around his neck as Yixing grips onto you just in case. The familiar emotion of love and happiness, with a little bit of quirk you mentally note, flows through all the limbs of your body. Chen snaps his head upward and hops up to stand grinning widely.

"Woah." is all he said.

"Yeah, woah." you agree.

   Something clicks inside of your head, the part where your abilities lie, and you know that it's the bond settling in. Your new guardian backs up as Persephone hands you the other chain. At the same time Baekhyun steps forwards and copies what his brother did just seconds before.

   Smiling at the pretty pendant his chain held, you gracefully drape it around his neck as the semi-truck of happiness runs you over again. It kind of reminds you of Chanyeol's, his seems almost child-like and playful as well. He gets up and hugs you which doesn't bother you at all considering you feel his bond taking place too. Plus you know that these guys are going to be just as close to you as the others.

"Amazing." Persephone stated, drawing all the attention to her.

"You're very weak, yet your powers have just developed. Stronger than I thought." she simply states, which makes the attention change towards you.

"They have also developed since the last time we seen you." Kai spoke up, feeling that now was your turn to explain exactly what has been happening.

"Speaking of which, here we go. So for awhile things have been happening. Every time I would receive two boys these...things would show up after you leave." you say, sparking the goddess' interest before you continue.

"I don't know where they come from, the boys don't either,but when they are near me my pendant glows orange and a flip in me switches. I turn hostile and very angry. We believe that these beasts that show up are minotaurs but they usually have this leader guy. Oh- and once there was a bird lady thing, that was gross- and they would attack us. The first time it happened he said that he didn't really wanna deal with me, he wanted to take out my guardians. Anyway, when we picked up Yixing and Chanyeol a minotaur got too close to me and attacked, which is why I'm currently a gimp and all. I find it weird because I'm suppose to be the 'goddess of balance' when really I can't control my emotions or thoughts around him. I turn deadly, it's almost scary..." you trailed off.

"Wait, hold on. Slow down." Persephone says, raising her hand asking for silence, to which you comply. You don't notice until now that Chen and Baekhyun are gaping at you with wide eyes, or that you were just rambling.

"I'm deathly afraid I know who it is. Is this why there's only two with you today to pick them up? Because Kai teleports and Lay heals?" she asks, which you nod.

"Who is it?" Yixing asks.

"I don't want to say now because I could be wrong. But I have a question."

   All four boys, along with yourself, wait to hear.

"How do your abilities feel when he's around?" she asks hesitantly.

".....Powerful. I'm at my strongest when he's near. I feel like I could take on the world or destroy it." you admit, biting the inside of your cheek.

   Her face grows pale as she shakes her head and mutters to herself.

"This doesn't sound good. I must check on some things first though before we make any rash decisions. You need to be guarded every second of every day, do you understand?"

   After you agree to her wishes, she tells you to go directly back home and not to delay anything. She also told Yixing to keep doing the 'sessions' with you so you can eventually be fully healed, which she mentioned will be very soon, and that the boys should find another place to spar for a little while. Then, as light as air, she departs from you.

   You turn to meet all the faces of the boys there with you.

"Welp, let's go home."

 

 

 


 

GM A/N: Omg.

Everybody and their momma wanted Chen and Baekhyun lol

Ya'll better get ready for the craziness to start then ;)

I was going to add more but I'm tired. So nah.

 

SUBMIT Q&A's~

People you can ask (so far):

 

GaiaMilina (Me)   cuz_tao (Lanie)   KenzieLyons5456 (My sister)

Yuri

Christina

Luhan

Kai

Xiumin

Sehun

Chanyeol

Lay

Chen

Baekhyun

 

 

 

HEY!

SO I DECIDED.

Since my one year anniversary was yesterday I gave a present to you guys, right?

The first part of the present was the start of the Q&A Forum

I decided I should do something else too!

If you ask the most unique/best question, you can have the choice of co-writing the next chapter

However, you must understand that if cuz_tao or KenzieLyons5456 wants to, they can as well

All of us will work on it together, if they don't want to then it will be just you and me

We can do it on google docs and work together or even video call if you wish!

So start asking!

 

*Once more characters are added you can ask them too, lemme know if you have questions!

 

 

Xiumin's eyebrows :)