Prologue (2020 Updated)

Externally Ethereal(revamping, title might change)

Prologue

This takes place before time was recorded.

"Luna, my love, what are we to do?"

"I do not know! I do not know!"

   Luna and Sol were pacing frantically across their bedroom, their master bedroom to be exact. Even with the 50-foot vaulted ceiling above their heads, the air was engulfed with panic and worry. Luna, the personification of the moon, had her eyes b with tears. Her face showed terror and her skin was clammy as she began to sweat. After pacing, she sat on their king-sized bed and brought her knees to her face, her arms covering her head. Her face was shielded to cover her now falling tears, just as the canopy above her shielded their bed. She was slender and tall. Her robes were colors of the darker spectrum that included deep purples, black, and midnight blue with silver t as they flowed magically around her. Luna's black irises were intoxicating, even now when her eyes were red and glassy. Her milky pale skin glowed as always.

   The kingdom loved their mystical guider. Luna the Guider and Sol the Provider cherished their people unconditionally. The protectors of the earth were their roles. The protectors, however, now believed that they may fail with their responsibility.

   Sol glanced at his beloved and ran his fingers through his golden hair. Sol, the personification of the sun, had never felt this much anxiety. His children, his beautiful children, along with their loyal community may now perish, or horrendously suffer at the least. He walked over to his wife and stood in front of her. Clothed in regal robes colored with splashes of yellows, tan, and white with gold t, his clothing also flowed around him. His brown doe eyes were red and glassy as well. Sol's height was at least a foot taller than Luna's, and as of right now, he towered over her.

   At a moments instance, Luna jumped up and looked at her husband.

"Assemble our military! Hunt down sorcerers who are willing to help! Do whatever you have to until this land is protected!"

   Sol stared, nodded, and opened the bedroom door to yell for a guard. Three of them ran to aide without hesitation. 

"I want you to sound the bells for an announcement. Everyone is to come to the courtyard immediately, for this is an urgent matter. If you fail to do so, it will be imprisonment as your punishment. Next, send my advisors to bordering lands to tell the rulers that the time has come. Failing to do so will be the same punishment bestowed upon all of you."

   The guards, looking fearful, nodded quickly and ran out of view. Luna and Sol were never this harsh to people loyal to them, but the matter was of the upmost importance. Luna now ran out of the master bedroom down the hall to their children's bedrooms. There were three. One room filled with toddler beds, and two others that had cribs. These were bigger than the master bedroom due to the fact that Luna had birthed 12 children. 7 children slept peacefully in the room with the cribs, 2 toddlers slept in the second room, and 3 slept in the other.

   Luna placed one hand over her heart and the other across to cover her now developing ugly sobs. After looking at the the rooms, she ran off to her personal library. Without noticing the calls coming from Sol, she knew what she had to do.

   Less than an hour later, a guard approached Sol and informed him that his kingdom's people were now all in the courtyard. Since he could hear commotions from outside his castle walls, he did not need to be told. With Luna now back in the bedroom with him, he held out his hand. She slipped her hand into his and approached the balcony doors that were faced opposite of their canopy bed. Both of them took deep breaths, and pushed open the doors. Together.

   They stepped out onto their crescent shaped balcony. All talking had ceased from below. The atmosphere was thick from the silence as the Guider and the Provider looked down upon their courtyard. To their people.

   The amount of people who have lived in the kingdom was too vast to have a count. Women, men, and young ones stared at Luna. Most of their mouths were agape in astonishment. Her mystical beauty had always captivated the kingdom's people. She was loved by them and treasured deeply. The wives, husbands, and children's faces always gave Luna pride. To know that she could help all these people. To guide them to a life full of goals and strives. And to love them with her whole heart sincerely.

   Luna raised her arms above her head as if she was praying. Looking towards her loved people, she spoke.

"My dearly beloved people, the time has come to speak terrible news and to soon bear the witness of awful events that will take place in a couple days time. Please, I beg to you all, my cherished children of the kingdom, listen and take heed to what my husband has to say."

   The citizens were shocked at which was said. Many gasps were heard throughout the courtyard. Sol stepped closer to the edge of the balcony, resting his hands on the protective rock railing. Not one sound was audible after that and Sol cleared his throat to deliver what could end their era and their families.

"My faithful ones, the time has come. Keres has confirmed that he will be breeching the kingdom."

   Screams sounded out and many women cried hysterically. Children looked around confused. Men tried to hold onto their wives and pull their families in close protectively. Tears had slid down Luna's face as she tried to keep her composure. Sol spoke once more.

"Mine and Queen Luna's love for you all will never diminish, despite what is to take place. We are declaring war. At this point, we will be assembling the military. Pray every night and keep your loved ones close, for the worse is soon to come. Follow and heed the directions of my appointed officials. We must unite and do it immediately. I bid you farewell my people."

Sol turned his back and began to leave as he could no longer hold his tears. Luna raised her arms again.

More crying and shrieking were hardly halted as she began to speak to her people one last time.

"Healers! Sorcerers! Medicine Men! Soothsayers! Report to me at once in the forum!" Crying, she called out, "I love and will always love you dearly!"

With that, she ran back inside.


   Two days later, the kingdom was in ruins. Families were slain on the street. Fires were absorbing the oxygen of what use to be a peaceful atmosphere. 

   Sol and Luna were held in a faraway prison that was in another world. Their life shattered before their own eyes as an act of torture. It was simply just too much to bear.

   Luna had not stopped crying. She held onto her husband as they were both shackled to the floor. Sol was expressionless and empty. Someone opened their cell and approached them with a sick smile on his face. 

   Crouching down, he stared at the couple. After a moment of silence, he soon spoke to them.

"Now tell me," he said, flashing a full smile. "Where are your children?"

 "NEVER!" Luna screeched with rage.

   And with that, Keres smacked her hard with his backhand and she slumped over, blood pooling out of . All the while, he was still smiling with his wicked grin.