Chapter 51

Externally Ethereal(revamping, title might change)

   Christina has been hiding behind the couch for the past hour praying. Sehun didn't want to say anything to make matters worse, but he knew that no god she believes in could be able to descend from the sky and fix this. He's surprised that she still chooses to believe in a god when half of the Greek and Roman parthenon decided to show up and play battle royale on her front lawn. Quite literally.

   The young wind guardian was watching out the backyard window waiting for any covert attack. Christina whimpered a little when he slightly slid open the door. The rumbles and screams he heard grew louder from the front of the house. He stuck his head out of the door and stepped back in.

"What are you doing?" Yixing asked from across the living room.

"Checking to see if there was a ripple in the air."

"What?"

   He looks over to his older brother and meets his confused stare. Lay was hovering over Kai protectively while continuously healing. He hasn't stopped to gather his energy since he ran in with Kai in his arms, a frightening sight that Sehun has had to see twice today.

"If I step outside I can see if a person- or thing- is making a disturbance in the air placement."

"Since when could you do that?"

"Since yesterday. You should take a break."

".....I can't."

   Sehun turns his entire body and walks over. He covers his mouth with one hand, trying to think of anything that could help. Yixing's eyes are starting to look sunken in and he's growing paler, even with the determination in his expression. Sehun ruffles his hair.

"Yixing stop."

"I told you, I can't."

"Xing! Stop!" he yells, startling Christina.

   Cutting out of his trance, Lay snaps out of it and drops his hands onto the carpet. Sehun kneels down and wraps his arms around his older brother. He just wishes everything could stop, if everything could go away. If they could just go back to days where Yuri would scold him about doing chores and he would play video games with his oh-so-full family. But that's not how wars are won, and this is definitely a war.

   Lay was already starting to look healthier as color was coming back into his skin. Neither noticed Christina getting up and jogging off to the kitchen as the ceiling shook above. She came back with a glass of water and a small sandwich.

"Thanks." Yixing eye smiles to the best of his ability.

   Christina nods back and runs up the stairs.

"Wait, where are you going?" he asks.

   Lay gently hands his brother to Sehun as he jogs up the staircase after her. The wind guardian rests his hand on Kai's chest and feels his heartbeat growing stronger. He brushes Kai's hair out of his face and sighs.


"Oh this is just too easy." Chanyeol laughs.

"Are you crazy?" Luhan shouts across the yard, dropping pieces of sidewalk on harpies. Although he has to admit, watching them drop like flies is entertaining.

   Chanyeol was at first scared less when monsters exploded onto the street from the forest. He was impatiently waiting beforehand but knew that things aren't going too well if Kai came back unconscious and creatures followed them. Luhan looks exhausted and Baekhyun's head has been scrunched in concentration for so long that Chanyeol wonders if it could get stuck that way. Oh what a sight that would be.

"Soph'! On your left!" Suho shouts from the street.

   Sophie has been determined as well and has been killing the beasts flawlessly. Seeing a minotaur coming her way, she cartwheels and bounces up from the momentum. Swiftly landing on its' shoulders, she grips its' neck and hops down, tearing the head off with the speed and her pure strength. Chanyeol stares in awe for a solid two seconds before frying a harpie that was trying to dive-bomb him.

"Uhm, no , what do you think this is?" he asks to the body.

   Suho sighs and rolls his eyes while killing another monster. Just like the others, he's taken up Sophie and Persephone's advice to meditation. And with a little practice he's learned how to control the flow of blood. Just like in Avatar, he reaches a hand out to a minotaur and clenches his fingers. The beast freezes in panic and falls to its' knees. Suho finishes off the job before moving onto the next.

   The entire time Baekhyun has resorted to only using one technique. He would 'steal' a ray of light (this uses less energy than creating it himself) if the sun was out, but of course it's the middle of the night and Hades is trying to bring the underworld to Earth. So he creates a ray of light, shapes it into a crescent curve and throws it over hand or sometimes like a frisbee. The concentration of light matter is so thick that the curve acts as a razor, slicing through skin. He's already decapitated six minotaurs and sliced ten harpies in half like a laser.

   If someone were to look from a bird's eye view , they would think that the guardians (and Sophie the 'honorary guardian' Chanyeol says) were actually getting work done, but little did they know that the makeshift army was three times the size of the one they were currently fighting.


"I'm gathering healing oils." Christina explained to a panicked Lay.

"Do you think it will work?"

"Well we have to try." she says as she grabs a bag of scented epsom salt from below the bathroom sink.

"And that?"

"To wake him up."

   Christina, fed up with crying, runs back down the stairs. She's done believing this is a dream, Christina is a woman that is at her best when she works. Right now the boys need her and that gave her enough motivation to crawl out from that hiding place.

   Sehun looks up with a confused expression but willingly hands Kai back over, quickly mentioning that he's getting stronger. Yixing already has accumulated enough energy back up and begins to heal again. Christina rips open Kai's tattered shirt and a warm glow forms out of Lay's hands as the light spreads across the teleporters chest. Christina begins to dab oils across his chest and stomach, hoping that his regenerative abilities can take it in quickly and fix any internal organ injuries.

   Quickly opening the bag, Sehun uses wind to carry the epsom salts across Kai's face and just beneath his nostrils. It takes a couple minutes, while hearing loud rumbling and animal-like cries from the outside, but the boy begins to stir and jerk violently.

"Xing?" Sehun asks.

"It's working!" 

   Kai's body spasms as his eyes flutter open and he startles, intaking a large breath of air.


"Wait, what's going on?" Sophie yells while mutilating another body.

"What do you mean?" Baekhyun asks.

   He, Suho, and Sophie all look towards Luhan's direction expecting an answer. Luhan takes a step back and closes his eyes, mentally scoping out the environment around him by channeling through thoughts. His eyes fly open within a matter of seconds.

"No no no!" he cries.

"What?" Chanyeol asks.

"Retreat!" Luhan shouts.

   He didn't mean to scream it, Luhan didn't even mean to say it at all. But when he found Yuri's thoughts that's all she kept screaming. Retreat! Retreat! Retreat! He locked onto her mind so powerfully that he basically became an echo of her own mantra. Her fear became his.

"Why?" Suho screams over the crowd of monsters and townspeople trying to evacuate.

"Retreat!" They hear again, but this time not from him.

   They look over and see their goddess burst out of the forest lining into the street; Xiumin, Chen, and Kyungsoo following. Yuri had tears in her eyes and looked hysterical. Persephone and Hades were nowhere to be seen.

"Oh my god." Sophie gasps.


 

 

 

 

A/N: Hey guys. Please Read. 

 

Sorry uni is tough. How have you all been? Have you see the 4minute comeback? Or the Winner one (well I guess three)?

 

Btw, I was recently chosen a while back as a beta reader for a story authored by optimus-unreal . She's a hella cool girl and we are slowly becoming really good friends. Her story is called "Cracking the Pathcode"  and it's so interesting ya'll. She hasn't published a chapter yet but will soon. We talk everyday and the story has such a good plot. It's everything you'll ever need; Exo, sci-fi, action, suspense....check it out! The foreword alone should get you hooked.

Also, if you are into that kind of religion, please send your prayers to Lay. He was in a motorcycle accident and is being hospitalized. Story here.

 

And for a timeline since some are interested. I would like to have Externally Ethereal and Chorale University finished by this summer. Then I will officially list the sequel to "The Double Life as a Heretica"  which is "Life is a and Death is her Sister". I will add a chapter about it on Heretica and I'll also make a blog post once I list it (all my stories already have writing in them, just not as much as I would like to have and I'm trying to improve my writing style).

Late in the summer I will list Earth Dweller as well, I already have a handful of chapters in that. The GFF (GaiaMilina's Fiction Fieldguide manual for EE & ED) does not have any set time to be listed. I don't want any spoilers so I might just do it towards the last chapters of Earth Dweller.

WHEW. That was a lot. Goodnight everyone! Leave comments below!