Chapter 69

Externally Ethereal(revamping, title might change)

   A/N: Kind of a double update? I put up a chapter two days ago. Go read that first if you haven't already!


   It took awhile for you to calm down once you returned to the fortress. In your bedroom was Sophie, Luhan, Yixing, Xiumin, Tao, Sehun, and Kai. Even though your mood still wasn't the best, it slightly amused you that they were all sitting in a circle on your bed talking. For once they didn't know you were there because they were too busy conversing. You leaned against the door and took in a deep breath.

   Sophie turns her head and is the first to notice you. Her back was facing you, making her the closest person to your position. As she looked over her shoulder she flashed her big smile that gave you a wave of deja vu. Your memory is taken aback to a simpler time, specifically when the two of you were very young and bike riding down the street. Spring lilacs reminisce in your sinuses as you remember that hot pink helmet she always wore and how she constantly beat you in pretend races. Your eyes water at the bittersweet memory of a time where you had everything you wish you had now.

"Yuri?" Kai quietly calls.

   You immediately regret the thought. 

"What's wrong?" he asks.

   There is no possible way you could give them up, not even to have your parents back. Although you miss them everyday, and especially in your weakest moments, one life is always equal of another. You have developed a strong attachment to your guardians, and you wouldn't trade that relationship for anything. Something about it is passionate and otherworldly. Your soul is irrevocably devoted to each one of them.

"....I love you." you whisper.

   His precious smile brings one to your own face. The usually cocky boy blushes, and it melts the tip of the iceberg that has recently encaptured your heart. Tao smacks his side with a pillow and Xiumin teases about having jealousy, but all that you could focus on was his dark eyes. As if your own ability took advantage of you, your legs walk to him and you feel as if you were locked into a hypnotic trance. Pressing yourself against his back, you wrap his arms around his shoulders and nuzzle his hair. He takes your hand and kisses the back of your palm.

"Why does Kai get the special treatment?" Sehun whines.

"I love you too, you know." you reply, placing your head on Kai's shoulder.

"Alright, alright, alright, you love everyone. Let's get to the plan." Sophie interrupts. 


"Hey."

   It was nighttime. You were standing in a nightgown with a robe out on your tiny balcony. There was a pinch of chill in the air from the shallow wind that felt soothing against the skin on your face. You were exhausted and feeling down once again. Upon hearing the low and monotonous voice, you turn sideways to face Kris.

"Yes? Do you need something?"

   The day entered another course of change. Happy earlier, the feeling of guilt and depression set low in your stomach once again. It made you sick going through these rapid changes of emotions. The plan your little group came up with earlier was very complex and tasking, just thinking about it made you feel even more tired. Lately, you have become irritable and sick of many little things. 

"What, now I have to need something to walk into your room?"

   His body language was almost defensive and he looked out of place standing in your warm-toned bedroom. One of the few things you were definitely sick of was his arrogant attitude. Over time you came to despise entitlement, yet you have seen yourself use it many times as of late. You ignore the possible thought of him wanting to be able to be in your presence, in your bedroom.

"Look if you're gonna be ty with me save it for later, I'm not in the mood." you dismiss. 

   The sound you hear coming from his throat is reminiscent of a growl, and the door slams shut soon after. Not wanting to deal with the complicated relationship between the two of you, you face the sky and gaze upon the dim-lit moon once again. 

   There's a sound of a footstep not too far behind you and you can't help but roll your eyes. He must have opened the door quietly and stepped back in to argue even more.

"What do you want, Kris?" you sigh.

   Suddenly, a hand is pressed against your lips and there is a cold blade at your throat. You scream, but it dissipates into a panicked muffle. Feeling a pair of lips press against your ear, you shudder in terror.

"Shhh...come on now. "

   You flail against his body and while doing so the blade lightly scratches your neck. You hiss with the burning sensation and try screaming one more time, but it is of no use. He laughs.

"Hey, hey. There's no need for theatrics."

   You explode into a full panic attack and begin to hyperventilate. It isn't possible for you to concentrate on accessing your abilities when your heart is pumping erratically and you feel like you can't breathe with the tightness in your chest.


"What, now I have to need something to walk into your room?"

"Look if you're gonna be ty with me save it for later, I'm not in the mood."

    Kris is once again infuriated. He has never met a person, let alone a woman, who can aggravate him the way you do. He abruptly swings open the bedroom door with immense strength and slams it once he steps out. He stands in the hallway, back facing your door, and groans. 

   Tao was right. He has been right all along, Kris just chose to pretend he didn't feel it. The emptiness feels like it swallows him whole sometimes. It has gotten harder just to breathe now that you are here. Being in the same place as you makes his soul long for bonding. The guardian honestly can't describe what he goes through on a daily basis. It's like being filled with hope and being completely hopeless at the same time. He wants to bond with you just to get it over with because it's been driving him insane. Deciding to become the better man and the bigger person, he turns back around to step towards the door.

    But then he hears a sound. He freezes and pushes his ear against the cold wooden door. It sounds like a muffled cry and he instinctively reaches for the doorknob. It is able to turn but the door won't open. The entire door rattles with his strength as he realizes there is something in front of the door, blocking him from getting to you.

"Yuri?" he calls.


"I never realized your good looks from afar, why don't you come sit your pretty little self on my lap?"

   You shake your head no.

"Yuri? Yuri! Open the door!" Kris shouts from the hallway.

   Keres drags you by your hair over to your bed while holding the knife against your neck. He plops down and you grabs your hips. You cry out again as his nails dig into you, forcing you to sit down on his knee.

"Here is the deal, sweet cheeks. Tomorrow at midnight you will meet me outside beyond your castle walls in the forest. Doesn't matter where exactly, I'll find you either way. Let's discuss a deal, per say." he says with a sickening, playful tone in his voice.

"Yuri?! Kris, move out of the way!" you hear Luhan shout, along with his heavy footsteps.

"If you don't show I will kill everyone. Again. Even that sweet old lady downstairs."

   Tears stream down your face and you choke on your own sobbing, not being able to breathe through your now clogged nose.

"See you then."

   The monstrous man presses a sloppy kiss beneath your ear and disappears. The bedroom doors swing open so fast that one actually breaks off the medieval hinges. You take off running to the nearest trash can and vomit what little contents that are in your stomach. All twelve guardians and even Iroh burst in and you start screaming hysterically in panic. You fall to your knees and choke on saliva. The first one to grab you is Chanyeol and you can't even hear the shouts from others or the questions he's asking. You cling to him like your life is depending on it and cry into his shirt. Nausea and terror consumes you and blood drips down your chest from the cut that was left by the serrated blade.

   A chill sweat rattles you as everything else fades to black.