Chapter 50

Externally Ethereal(revamping, title might change)

A/N: This is part 2 of 2. I posted the first one last night so make sure you go read that first! Or else you'll be very confused!

This is -kinda- rated M material too

Part II:

   Persephone and Hades still had their full attention on the malicious god and you had the urge to go join them. Taking out the leader together will take less time than taking out monsters in order to reach him. You quickly rush out more orders and head north through limbs of unbelievable sizes and colors, dodging claws and tails. Chen follows behind you as an unnatural amount of lightning strikes echo through the air and kills around ten creatures that happen to be in your way. Passing by you can feel the heat emanate from the strikes and it’s almost thrilling to experience something so threatening knowing that it would never dare to touch you. Nature can be such a beauty within itself if you take the time to sit back and watch. You make a note at the back of your head to try and spend more time with the guardian of electricity once this all rolls over.

“Where is Luna and Sol you animal!” Persephone demands.

   Kyungsoo, Chen, you, and Xiumin all gasp unanimously. Xiumin literally dropped the harpie that he was tearing the wings off of.

“They all are mine! These bastards will rot with their pathetic parents!” Keres bellows as Hades is holding him in the air by his throat.

“I will put you into an eternal punishment until you confess their whereabouts after I am through torturing the waste of space of which you consume.” Hades says so calmly it sends shivers down your spine.

“He has mom…and dad?” Kyungsoo asks quietly beside you.

“I thought they were dead.” Chen adds solemnly, eyes prickling with tears.

   The fiery anger in you could not have been possible to burn brighter at that point. Who is so awful to take away one’s family and claim that they’re dead?

   You stomp your way in between the power-filled couple and raise your hand.

“I can do this much simpler.” You coldly interrupt.

   Squeezing your fingers together you actually hypnotize Keres to the point where you convince his body to stop breathing. He chokes on air.

“Yuri.’ Hades impatiently states.

“Where are they?” you ask, letting him breathe after ten seconds. He blocks your hypnotization and doesn’t answer.

“Fine with me.” You answer and began to choke him again.

   Feeling no remorse, the guardians continue fighting behind you so no creature can penetrate the crescent shape you and the others have made.

“Yuri please.” Persephone sternly advises.

“Where?” you bark, letting go once again.

“You are going to have to do more than that to get a word out of me my precious jewel.” Keres says with gravel in his voice.

“Excuse me?” you question.

“You will serve as my concubine and we will rule as the force of the triple deity. The offspring of the moon and the sun will perish.” Keres devilishly laughs.

   You drop him out of befuddlement and pure shock.

“What did you say?” Persephone asked, shocked as well.

   Hades knocks him down to the ground. Laying beneath him, Keres cackles.

“Persephone, Hecate, and Selene. Or in the Roman Parthenon if you prefer, they’re all the same, they would call the three Proserpina, Trivia, and Luna.” He hissed.

“What’s so special about this triple deity I keep hearing about?” you ask in a demanding voice.

“There have been rumors about us for millennia’s, saying that besides the twelve main Olympian gods the triple deity is enough to represent the earth, sky, and heavens.” Persephone explained. “Why are you so interested?” she then points to the dark god.

  Hades makes a notion to you and you hypnotize the god’s body to stay still.

“Because here, in this clearing, stands the descendants from all three.” Keres laughs as if it’s the most obvious thing ever.

“What?” Xiumin asks surprisingly, appearing next to you.

“I am the son of Hecate!” Keres says full of pride, “Goddess of crossroads, moonlight, witchcraft, magic, necromancy, ghosts, and herbs.”

   He then motions to you, “Goddess of balance and Keeper of the Guardians, Yuri, the name meaning reason, justice, and truth; the descendant of Persephone. Goddess of death, curses carried upon men, the seasons, and queen of the underworld.”

   You look back with wide eyes. You never cared to look up what your name meant and knowing it makes him even creepier. He then points past you.

“And the Guardians, aides of the notorious oracle-declared Keeper, sons of Luna. We are all the descendants of the triple deity. I plan to rule this realm as a solid force as the most powerful heir once you are all under my command.” He arrogantly explains.

“Well for starters”, you sassily begin, “I am no one’s concubine. I am my own person. I belong to my Guardians. No one else!”

“You belong to me!” he roars.

“No I don’t!” you yell, “I have you pinned to the ground at my mercy. I could kill you with the wave of my hand because my Guardians obey me. I belong to them.”

“We can’t kill him Goddess”, Kyungsoo starts, “and I won’t.”

“I know sweetie”, you sigh while still staring at Keres, “we need to find Luna and Sol first.”

“Wait one moment.” Hades raises one hand. Persephone gasps simultaneously.

“Is this about Nemesis?” she asks.


“Yixing.”

“I’m trying.”

“But Yixi-“

“I know Luhan!” he yells at his older brother.

   Yixing panicked when he first saw Luhan running to him with their little brother in his arms. They took him to the backyard of the house, sent Suho to take their place, and tried to heal him. However the process is really slow.

“Well what’s taking so long?!” Luhan yells back.

“It’s because a magical creature hurt him”, Sophie says, sliding open the glass door and stepping outside, “and bones take longer.”

“Stupid broke at least 3 of his ribs and his collarbone. I think his left humerus is shattered too.” Yixing gritted.

    Yixing tries to concentrate once more but then jumps when he hears Chanyeol yell from all the way up in the front yard. Luhan freezes in place.

“They’re here!” Sophie exclaims.

“Go! Both of you!” Lay yells. “I’ll go in the house and stay with Kai and Christina!”

“Sehun can stay too!” Sophie yells over her shoulder, running back in the house.


   The name brought absolute rage to Keres’ eyes. You remained silent for a while so you could try to process all this information.

“Wait- Nemesis as in his half-sister?” you dubiously question.

Persephone nods her head once, “Goddess of retribution, fortune, blind justice, and also truth.”

“Yur-“, Chen tries to say but is interrupted.

“Keres was hopelessly infatuated with her eons ago.” Hades quietly said.

“Ew.” Kyungsoo adds.

“She never wanted anything to do with him. Still doesn’t.” Hades informs.

“Yuri-“, Chen tries again.

“What does Nemesis have to do with this?” you cut him off.

“Well-“, Persephone tries.

“Don’t you get it?!” Chen yells from behind you, making you snap your head over your shoulder to him.

“Get what?”

“You!”

“Oh my.” Persephone realizes.

What?” you question, utterly confused.

“You’re just like Nemesis!” Chen practically screams in frustration.

   You go to open your mouth and then shut it.

“You both represent justice and truth!” Chen exasperates, throwing his hands in the air, “Nemesis distributes retribution and fortune, just like the scales of balance! He wants you to be his Nemesis!”

“That is not true!” Keres bellows.

“Yes it is!” Chen argues.

“That explains much, my dear.” Hades says to his queen.

“I am not Nemesis and I am not anyone’s .” You spat. “Rot in hell where you belong.”

“Fine if you say so. Let’s bring hell here.” Keres cackles.

   The god barks an order in some sort of ancient language and the creatures start setting fire to the clearing.

“No!” you yell.

Letting go of Keres, you try to engulf the creatures into your hypnosis, but there is so much going on that you can’t control it.

“Xiumin!” you cry out.

“I’m trying!”

   Keres manages to slip away from the underworld duo and joins in, disappearing into the masses.

“We need Suho!” Kyungsoo shouts, trying to put out fires with excess amounts of dirt.

“No! We can’t risk it!” you scream.

“Yuri the whole town is going to be on fire!” Xiumin exclaims, losing faith in himself.

   Looking for help, you turn around to see Persephone being knocked down by two minotaurs and a harpie.

“No, no, no.” you say to yourself.

   With no success, you stop what you’re doing and look around. This battle has been going on for what seems to be forever and you have made no progress. Yours boys are injured and you have no idea how everyone else is doing; Luhan has failed to get back into contact with you since he left.

“Retreat!” you scream suddenly. The boys stop and look at you.

“We need to retreat!” you say once more, tears filling your eyes.


 

A/N: Hopefully you understand things a bit more now! I know I made it confusing for awhile. Still have questions? Ask!

Note: Special guests next chapter

(These options do not relate to the special guests above)