Chapter 59

Externally Ethereal(revamping, title might change)

A/N: Update 2 of 3, if you have not read the previous chapter, do so now(: 

Update as of July 5th, apparently I listed this chapter when it was still unfinished. My bad! I added a lot more here so please find your spot and read from there(:


"Both of you aren't going to go see her?" Iroh asks.

   The two boys do not answer. Their mentor sighs and rubs his temples. Neither of them will go see you, yet their reasons are entirely different. Matter of fact, because of those different reasons they won't even look at each other. They have been standing across the room avoiding any contact. Iroh has to physically hold back his frustration.

"So one doesn't want to go see their patroness because he is scared and the other hates her. Wonderful."

"I don't hate her." Kris mutters.

"I'm not that scared." Tao whines.

   Iroh has to pace back and forth to keep himself from yelling and slamming the two knuckleheads together. 

"It doesn't matter-" Iroh started.

"You don't hate her?" Tao interrupted.

"You can't hate someone you haven't formally met idiot." the older replies.

"What is your problem?" Tao's voice raises.

"I don't-!"

"Boys!" Iroh shouts, shutting them up instantly. Kris goes back to looking out the window at the sky and Tao rests his arm on the fireplace, unable to sit down from the anger that is starting to puddle in his stomach. 

"Tao, go dress in your Guardian wear and go see the young demi. And that's an order."

"I thought we're only supposed to take orders from her now." Kris retorted.

"That's it!" Iroh snaps, "Starting tomorrow all twelve of you will go back to training-"

"What?!" Tao exclaims.

"-and you will be put on a handicap practice match." The mentor points to Kris. His face drops.

"If you keep it up I will make it three-on-one with Tao, Luhan, and Chanyeol." he finishes, and Kris throws his hands up in exasperation. Those three would be absolutely unstoppable against him.

"That's not fair!" Kris yells.

"Tao if you do not go down there and give full respect and acceptance to Yuri right now I will make it a five-on-two match."

"I do respect and accept her-!"

"It will be you and Kris against Luhan, Chanyeol, Kai, Baekhyun, and Sehun."

   Tao's face twisted in horror. Iroh has always been their mentor so he knows everyone's weaknesses. Just like he knows that the only person who can slow Tao down is Kai, and even though Sehun is one of the weakest in battle he is a rival opponent to Kris. Kai is really good at teleporting fast, and he is the most unpredictable, whereas Tao has to have every action planned down to the millisecond. Sehun can control air at his will, and is known for being one of the only brothers to knock Kris out of his sky, which is strong for a boy's powers who have not fully developed yet. Then you add the most defensively-powered brothers, Chanyeol and Baekhyun, to the mix? With Luhan, the most over powered of them all? There's no way. 

"Battle is never fair, boys. So go. Now."

   Tao makes no hesitation to leave. Not only does he want to get out of doing that death match, but he secretly wants to see Kris suffer for the way he has been acting. And what better way to make him suffer than by his own hands?


   By the time Chanyeol and Baekhyun were able to make it back from duties, eight of their brothers were already filling up the pharmacy. Chen was off to the side (because the others claimed he has spent enough time with her) talking to Yixing near the counters and medicine cabinets, Luhan, Kai, Suho, Kyungsoo, and Sehun were crammed on the bed with you while Xiumin sat on the stool near your feet.

   As soon as Yixing found out about your awakening he performed one last healing session. You were talking to the boys about a crazy dream you had while being unconscious. Chanyeol tried listening in but it was some rabid goose chase of an Alice in Wonderland story, however it made Baekhyun smile as bright as the ability he possesses. Just hearing your voice once more has brought life back into him, and he is aware he is not the only one who feels that way.

"Why must she always be so beautiful?" Chanyeol sighs softly, lost in your bloodshot eyes and messy hair.

   Xiumin turns his head towards them in acknowledgement, which casted your eyes in the same direction. It only takes a soft grin from you to give them both toothy smiles.

"Baek! Yeollie! Where are my hugs?"

   They rush to you like children on Christmas morning, ready to hold the best present they knew they were going to get.


"Did you think you could hide an immortal from me?" Zeus roared.

"There was no hiding to it." Apollo calmly replied.

"We actually don't know if she is immortal." Lachesis adds softly.

   Everyone is the room gapes. 

"But you-" Zeus started.

"The oracle never said who specifically was going to be claimed, or even when." Lachesis reasoned.

"Every life is measured soon after they're born. Has she not?" Zeus asks with astonishment.

"She was given a human life to begin with. But she has been claimed."

"How?" Queen Hera asks.

"She's not just the demigoddess of balance," Apollo states, "she is balance."

"Send for Hermes, I think it's time for her to introduce herself." Hera added sharply.

"My Queen", Apollo starts, "Athena, Nemesis, Iris, and Persephone have been with her. Athena informed me recently that the demigoddess just woke. An entire world has been shoved into her lap with waiting citizens. We can't just steal her away from her duties."

"Well if she is the true demigoddess explained in the oracle, she has more important duties here." Zeus snapped.

"She is under the wing of the Dark Queen, and I know that the Dark King has a soft spot for her." Apollo stressed.

"So it is under your assumption that if we bring her here that there will be some sort of uprising?" Hera questioned.

"As the true goddess of war, mishaps and uprisings are the first stages." Athena said confidently, popping out of nowhere. She looks over to Lachesis and the latter looks down, refusing to make eye contact.

"What am I to do? Ponder and pace until my brother decides on his own terms for her to show up?" Zeus rages.

"The Dark King said he will make an appearance himself at the parthenon if we do not go by his terms, and it was certainly a threat Father." Athena informed.

"This maiden surely must be interesting if she is being so highly protected behind Hades and Persephone." Hera wondered.

"And by me." Athena interrupted. Zeus raises an eyebrow.

"Is she now?" her father tested.

"Until Luna and Sol are brought back, she is also protected by Nemesis, Apollo, Demeter, and Hecate. I warn you Father, this could be a very dangerous game to play." Athena threatened, storming out of the room.