Chapter 63

Externally Ethereal(revamping, title might change)

   The previous meeting had you on edge. Not really comfortable with the bedroom you were given, you walk back on eggshells to the infirmary. This is where you spent most of your time and felt most at ease.

   The way back down the stairs, you took interest in the interior of the place you now call home. You are only aware that there is a kitchen, an atrium, and an infirmary on the main floor. In the atrium, or the center archaic living room area, you can look up and see the vaulted ceiling with all the exposed floors and stairs protected by bannisters. You adored the open concept and was happy to witness staff running around.

   Walking into the infirmary, a couple of nurses and maids bowed their heads and scurried out past the room. It startled you, and you made the notion that when this is all over you will learn every person that lives in your castle. You have no intention of running staff like a slave trade, and will soon be speaking with Xiumin so he can introduce you.

   Since you have not been outside the walls yet you assume that from entering the forum (you didn't know there was one to begin with) the small fortress looked quite square in shape. You've seen vines and other sorts of plants bordering the windows outside, and you wonder if most of the castle is covered in moss. 

"It is. And it makes Kyungsoo very happy." says Luhan in your head.

   You just hum in response and lean against a window. There is a large garden of sorts outside and you curiously think how many centuries behind do all these people live in.

"And where am I gonna get a razor?" you sadly joke.

   Suddenly missing home, you decide to find Christina. To you she is the definition of home and you have hardly seen her since you've awakened. Thinking the best chance you've got at finding her is going to the atrium, your feet lead the way.

   Perhaps you believed all the open and exposed floors would help you, but you failed to see her anywhere. Nearly getting dizzy from looking up and slowly spinning around in a circle, you hear a soft voice.

"Green leaves shift in the wind."

   Recognizing the voice, you walk to the base of the staircase.

"This pretty flower is what I would like to send."

  You take a small step before deciding to test your fitness and jog up.

"Up the river to my friend.

My friend is never coming back again."

   Huffing and wheezing, you run around the hallways that form a square on the second floor, examining the open doorways to look for your maid.

" 'Why doth ye sit alone?' "

   Realizing that she is still nowhere to be found, you follow her voice up the next set of stairs.

" They ask, 'Whereof happened to your home?' "

   Iroh is at the end of one of the long hallways leaning against the bannister. His face looks forlorn and he notices your arrival by your heavy gasping. He shushes you and looks back towards the open door. You approach him and nod your head. Christina wasn't aware that the two of you were there.

"Yonside the creek, wellaway my family is known.

Buried beneath the leaves, petals and tears I've sown.

Twixt and thro the trees, my soul calls me home."

   It is not the first time you've heard this European folk song being sung before. Christina usually sings these cultural hymns when she misses her family or when she feels really depressed. You hesitated at the thought of walking in.

"So beautiful." Iroh finally says with a soft rasp.

"Christina was born to a family that were prisoners of war. Didn't you know?" you ask. He shakes his head.

"She'll be okay, I promise." you smile softly. Nobody is as strong as Christina.

"I was just coming to bring her gown." Iroh starts, showing you a dress in his hand that you did not see before.

"Oh okay then. Wait, why wouldn't the maiden ladies do that?" you question.

   He ignores you and walks into the room.


"Hurry up!" You whined.

"I'm going to look ridiculous!"

"Just put it on Sophieeee!"

"You know I don't do dresses!"

"It's for the festival!"

"Then why can't I just keep my armor on?"

"Because Persephone said so!" You shouted from behind the dressing divider.

   Kai opened the door and was thinking of approaching when the bickering between you and your friend rose. He blinked once, slowly took a step back out into the hallway, and shut the door. You scoff. 

"This is so hard to put on!" Sophia groans.

"You think you would be more greatful that you were given a two-piece dress rather than one." you grunted.

"It's not even a two piece! It's a full gown with - whatever this thing is- on top of it!"

"It's like a jacket! It will make you look fierce."

"With an attitude like hers, it is probable she would not need proof." a voice laughed, and you turn around to see Persephone.

"Whoa." you say in awe.

"What?" Sophie asks after you hear a thump!  and an 'owww' from the other side of the divider.

"You look so pretty, Goddess!" you gush. "You're not like all-out ball gown but it's not casual either! I love your dress."

   For a change, Persephone's hair was braided to the side and her dark clothing brought out the pallor of her skin. The color of her lips matched the rubies in her crown and you felt mesmerized. She has always had energy radiating from her, alluring you in to her sugar candy smile. She giggles, out-right giggles at your expression.

"'Beautiful as they come, you are." She says lovingly, "My sweet Yuri."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. We know. Yuri looks like the next Mary." Sophie huffs.

"Soph'! That's definitely the wrong thing to say!" You laugh.

"And wrong religion." Persephone adds with amusement.

"Would that even be a compliment?" Suho says, strolling in.

"Suho! I've barely seen you at all the past day!" you exclaimed.

   He met your eyes and smiled brightly, blush spreading across his pale cheeks. The guardian tried looking away quickly and ended up eyeing the floor instead, acting to be more interested in his shoes. 

"Y-your gown goddess...so gorgeous." he stammered.

   Skipping your way over you hug him and give him a quick peck on the cheek, he playfully tries to shove you away and you pinch either side of his face, making him howl in laughter of embarrassment.

"I think the flower crown of red roses fits your appearance perfectly dear." Persephone added, obviously proud.

"I did it to represent you, my Queen." you chirp, swinging an arm over Suho's shoulder.

"You know I love the little support group you guys got going on, but can someone help me with this thing?" Sophie complained, still not dressed.

   Walking back behind the clothing divider, you see Sophie stuck in her dress the same exact way Kai was with his shirt when you took him to the mall for clothes shopping. You giggle at the memory and Sophia huffs before you walk over to her. You help pull the black dress down and smooth out the sleeves as they slid down her shoulders. Next you grab the jacket and the front and give it to her to try on. Of course everything fits perfectly.

"Uhm, why did you choose this for me?" Sophie called out as you fixed the cuffs.

"I figured this would be the proper and formal wear to represent both me and Athena." Persephone called out happily.

   To you it did make sense. Her dress was black and simple,  in relation to Persephone's, and the jacket was almost military-like to show her loyalty to Athena. You silently give your goddess kudos for the fashion idea.

"Uhm", Suho clears his throat, "there will be officials who will want to meet you tonight."

"What the entirety of the Olympic gods isn't enough?" Sophie groans.

"In my opinion, no disrespect to the gods and goddesses", Suho nods his head in Persephone's direction, "but these officials are from the townspeople. I think they are more important because they serve you, Yuri. And they need you."

"No, they needs us." you correct him, smiling.

"You should see it, Goddess. The festival is practically put together already. It's huge." Kai says cheerfully, strolling back into the room now that the coast is clear. 

"Really?" you ask.

"What, have you not looked out the window?"

   Doing just that, you run over to the closest double-doored window and pull back the curtain. You unlatch the knobs and look out into the forum.

"Wow." you whistle.

   The festival indeed was going to be huge. There were people rushing to and fro everywhere getting goods and supplies together. You can hear the mixed sounds of children laughing and adults bickering. It brings a wide grin to your face. Everything was brightly colored and almost theatrical, a stark contrast from what you believed it was originally going to be. 

"Tell me dear, what are you most excited for?" Persephone asks, obviously trying to keep your mood in high spirits.

"Meeting the people. I want to know all about their lifestyle, their culture, their values..." you went on.

"You mean, your culture." Suho quirks.


 

 

 

 

A/N: START COMING UP WITH SHIP NAMES FOR CHRISTINA AND IROH :D

 

This is kinda the concept I picture the castle to be. Not the style, just how you can see the other floor. Of course Yuri's castle has more than just two:)

P.s. Is anyone else jealous of Queen Mary's dresses from Reign? Ugh I swear she is one of the prettiest girls I've ever seen!