Chapter 53

Externally Ethereal(revamping, title might change)

   It's like one of those scenes in the movies where everything goes into slow motion. One second feels like five. Five seconds feels like a minute. and it doesn't help that every muscle in your body is screaming in pain, begging you to stop.

   Hours have passed in sheer panic trying to stay alive when you know that so many innocent people have already died in the war that you felt like you caused. The entire community has been engulfed into an explosive wildfire and you have seen countless people run pass or collapse and you couldn't do anything about it. That was the pain that hurt the most.

   Feeling the complete wholeness of all twelve boys is what has kept you focused. It was queer, you have felt whole since Luhan and Kai first arrived (which seemed to be so long ago) but something has changed. Your body is slightly more energized and your abilities are more easier to use and quicker to reach. However, when you see a form of a body graciously make its way out of the smoke you quickly reach for Tao's arm.

  He stops what he's doing and looks at you, slightly confused. He follows your gaze as Persephone appears exhausted and sweating. Some of the guardians clear a path as she tries to run towards you and there was no hesitation for you to meet her. Behind her is the young male that you saw flying in the sky earlier. He looks angry and has stone cold eyes.

"I might know a way out of here. I just need time," she says quickly, you nod your head, "but you need to come with me."

"What. How?"

"Come on!" she says, grabbing your wrist.

   Tao lunges to go with you but you stop him. He is the most skilled in fighting and has one of the most unique abilities.

"I need you out here. Luhan!"

   The telekinetic raises his head and nods. Rushing to your side, the three of you walk into the house as Tao blocks it from anyone else getting in. The young male- Kris? - stood next to him not saying a word. You are going to have to formally meet him when this is all over.

   Sounds of violence from the outside is muffled once they enter the foyer. Sehun runs to the front of the house, expecting a war, when in reality there are three very tired magical gods. He hugs you quickly and informs you that Christina is doing just fine.

"I know how to open a portal."

"For what?" Sehun questions.

"Your earth is going to burn Yuri. We can get your guardians out and no one will be killed."

"But what about all those innocent people?" you exclaim, gesturing your hand to the front door.

"Once Keres realizes we have left he will try and search for us. This will give us time to recuperate."

"I don't know..." Luhan doubtfully says.

"It's the only way."

   You hear Chen (right outside the door) scream in agony.

"Fine!" you say.

"I can make a portal to the world that your guardians were raised and protected in-"

"I'm not going to let their world be destroyed too." you stubbornly interrupt.

"It won't be. That world is strongly protected. That's why Kai can't even go back by just teleporting, even though he is one of the reasons why it's so guarded."

"But what about-"

"Christina and Sophie can come too, but I need to start opening the portal now!"

"How long will it take?" Sehun asks.

"Maybe five minutes, but it needs to be protected in a stable room. Maybe the library."

"Or maybe somewhere even better..." Luhan suggests.


   Hades had faith in his wife. They have been together too many years to count for his hope to waiver. By this time all that was left in the clearing was burned grass, trees in steady flames, black smoke, and he with Keres. They have been fighting toe to toe since Persephone left. The monsters that followed her survived the tactics of the two guardians who just showed up. When they first appeared the two boys killed as many creatures as they could to release some of the pressure that was on Hades. There hasn't been a war like this in several millennia and the King wondered why this was not mentioned in the notorious oracle. Why must the Fates always be wretched and cruel? If he had known, the god would have taken many steps to ensure a quick ending to this war without any consequences.

"You will pay for all your wrongdoings!"

"It's your parthenon that has always been wrong!"

   The terrible, horrible, sad truth is that he could never kill Keres. He may be an awful being, a monstrosity even, but he is Hecate's son. There is no way he could break it to the woman that he had to slaughter one of her own. She still loves him, as a mother should.


"Do either of you have a key?" Luhan randomly asks as he slides open the bookshelf.

"What?" Christina asks. All of them were up there together, partially because you didn't want to take any chances.

"A key. A key that you haven't found a lock for."

"This is no time to be talking about riddles Luhan." you scold.

"I'm serious! Look!" he defends, jogging to one of the shelves of the private library and kneeling down. He shoved all the books out, and lo' and behold, there stood a massive panel, large enough for a person to fit in, with a lock. You opened your mouth in shock.

"Wait." Christina says suddenly. She rushes out of the room and Sehun chases after her. 

   You sat on the floor next to your guardian and began knocking on the panel. It's hollow. Extremely hollow. You could hear the sound echo behind the wood.

"Woah." is all you could say.

   And now that you think of it, the closer you were to it you began to feel a buzz in your veins.

"Lu-"

"I know, right?"

"- there's magic in there."

   Christina bounds back into the room holding up a key to what looks like would belong to a lock box. Sehun is actually puffing his cheeks out when he returns right behind her.

"Your father left a ring of keys to me in his will to every lock in the house. But I could never figure out where this one went to." she explained out of breath.

   Luhan takes the key without hesitation. He quickly unlocks the panel and the wood automatically slides back, startling just about everyone in the room. Strangely enough, that was not even the most interesting part. As the panel slides away a small staircase forms and heads about 6 feet down.

   You contemplated saying a prayer before going in.

   However, everyone soon gasps once they make it down. You feel around the wall and flip on a light switch. A lightbulb above you gleams and you jump back, covering your face with your arms in defensive mode. It's been a long day.

"Oh my god he knew." you hear Christina say.

"What?" you ask.

   Lowering your arms, you take in your surrounding. What you find is unbelievable.

   There was a table in the middle of the small room with pencils, graphing utensils, papers, and scrolls scattering crossed it. The floor was littered with papers and trash as well, but the walls is what caught your attention.

   Symbols. Symbols everywhere.

   They were covered in eraser shavings and taped to the wall. Hecate's symbol, a rough drawing of Persephone, a minotaur, and the symbol that was on your necklace were all adorned against the tattered hanging papers.

"Yuri," Luhan turns to you, "your father knew."


A/N: I know this answers a lot of your questions :)