Chapter 49

Externally Ethereal(revamping, title might change)

A/N: Violence and gore in this chapter. This is the first of the two updates. So read with caution I guess?

Part I:

You knew from the beginning that things were going to change from today on, and not in a good way.

“Wait.” Kyungsoo says.

“What?”

“We should keep Sophie with Christina. Let’s bring Luhan instead. That way he will be able to relay information more clearly back to the house.”

“If I wasn’t ting my pants out of fear right now I’d probably kiss you ‘Soo.”

“That’s kinda disgus- hey, did you hear that?”

“Hear what?”

Just like before, your pendant beamed from under your shirt and your body burst into rage mode like those characters do in Mortal Kombat. Minotaurs exploded into the clearing with Keres close behind, but the minotaurs looked slightly different.

Just like you would see in those action movies about Roman empires or something like that, these creatures were plated with some sort of armor material that reminded you of leather. They also carried swords and spears this time, and you finally understood why it took Keres so long to retaliate; he was patenting a better army. Which does not make you feel any better about this situation… at all.

“Uh Kyungsoo?” you try to call out calmly through gritted teeth as the rampant animals are stampeding toward the three of you.

“Luhan and Kai are on their way.”

“Tell them to bring one of the others guarding the house too.” You ordered.

“On it.” He said, rushing into the manic battle.

Persephone started to glow and it made you curious, even though you should be caring about more important things, because you are still not aware of what all she could do.

You close your eyes and Keres power makes you combust into a fit of energy as your abilities turn on all at once. Persephone gaped at you as the power made you fling your head back and raise you in the air.

Kyungsoo spread his arms out wide as you were gently placed back on the ground and he clapped his hands together once. Simultaneously, two crevices erupted from the ground and swallowed two of the monsters right in front of him.

Persephone’s power was making the weather change and she was manipulating nature at her will as well.

“What do you want!” you roar across the warzone as you hypnotize all the creatures to divide into two halves, something miraculous at the sight. You have never been able to control this many at once.

The ones that were attacking your earth guardian stopped and obeyed. They parted on either sides of the clearing, making the perfect pathway for you to walk through. On the other side was Keres, and he seemed amused with your abilities.

“I don’t understand!” you call out as you march your way forward to the villainous god.

At this point in time Kai, Luhan, and Xiumin popped in at the edge of the clearing behind you. Kai gasped out in awe as he realized what you were doing.

“Suho took Xiumin’s position in the backyard. Everybody is fine and Yixing is on standby.” Luhan voiced into your head.

“I will kill your guardians and take you with me!” Keres roared back as his dark hair flitted against his wild eyes.

“What?” Persephone gasped.

“Are you ignorant? Why do you want me?” you shout in disbelief over the unnatural weather, causing you to lose control over your hypnosis. Minotaurs scatter from where they stood and began to attack again, with you right in the middle.

Your boys immediately went into action. Luhan lifted his arms in the air as boulders raised from the ground. As they were thrown Kai teleported behind you with your backs against each other. One of the beasts ran toward you with chains, trying to tie and take you to Keres you quickly guess, and you grab a knife from your thigh strap as you hypnotize the creature to stay. Without hesitation you run, jump, and shove the blade into the side of its neck. As you jump back down the blade slashes downwards on its throat, causing the thing to fall backwards. Dark blood oozes from throat as he dies in front of you.

Meanwhile, Kai literally ran up a minotaur’s body, like in those karate movies, and wrapped his arms around its neck. He then teleported a foot away from where he originally stood with the monster’s head in hand as it is now decapitated. The body crumples but there is still too many to handle.

Afterwards, Persephone quite literally scared the hell out of you. Just like a siren, she opened wide and a high pitched echo escaped from her lips, making everyone grab their ears. To you, and you feel like you know this because you are connected with the entity of nature itself, it sounds like she mocked the vocal cords of a bird and brought up the pitch by numerous octaves.

Once again, Keres stood in the back and out of the way as the war was happening. Does he not understand? Does he not realize that if one of the guardians die their Keeper dies as well? That’s what being the demigoddess of balance was about, seeing a natural order of things. There is no natural order if one died and the rest survived. Killing you all can also make the earth erupt into chaos. There’s no other way than keeping you all alive.

“Do you not get it?” you scream over the screeching wind, fighting your way through the clearing towards him with Kai at your side.

He actually heard you and stared as if he was searching for an answer by looking through you.

“Are you so ignorant that you cannot comprehend the oracle?” Persephone boomed as she appeared next to you.

“Keres is not ignorant!” the god says in third person, which quite frankly is really weird to you.

“If one of them dies I die!” you sacrifice.

Keres freezes in his place and his head to the side, like he was trying to recall back on the lines of the oracle.

“I am the Keeper!” you roar. “They belong to me and I belong to them! Our lives are one!”

“Then I will take you all with me!” The god concludes after a beat.

“Oh no you won’t.” you hear Kyungsoo say as he kills another minotaur.

Keres gives out an order to capture you all instead of killing and you don’t know if it made the situation better or worse.

“Where are the rest?” he demands but you make no move to answer, you would rather be tortured than to let him put his hands on any of the boys.

Xiumin and Luhan rush to you and you all make a circle facing outwards, killing whatever was in their direction.

“We are too outnumbered!” Xiumin barks as he freezes a monster and place and punches it, shattering it into pieces.

“We can’t bring the others out!” you yell.

“What do we do?” Kai shouts.

“I told them what’s happening.” Luhan adds nonchalantly.

   You were looking over your shoulder to hear your telekinetic guardian more clearly and didn’t pay attention to what was in front of you. Kai yells too late as you are smacked down to the ground.

Pissed off, you stand up and grab two more knives and stab the beast in front of you.

“What in the actual is your guys’ problem with backhanding women?” you ask in irritation to no one in particular as you pull the knives back out if its’ flesh and go for another. After killing the next one you wipe the blood dripping from your nose and mouth.

“Are you okay?” Luhan asks out loud.

“God that ing hurt.” You sigh in frustration while slitting another neck.

“Yeah, no kidding.” Xiumin adds as he is in what looks like a mid-wrestle with an opponent.

“You know this is really scary and all, but can someone tell me where they got these cool weapons?” the teleporter asks a couple feet away from you.

Kyungsoo scoffs at the younger, “Really not the time for this Kai.”

“I just wanna kn- hey! Get your gross hands off me!” Kai screeches as one tries to grab his arm to stop him from poofing and you can’t help but snort in the midst of all this craziness.

“I am just about tired of this.” Persephone grunts.

As if things couldn’t get any worse, Keres raises his right hand and does a motion with his fingers. Instantly, a dark portal opens up behind him and monsters fly out of it into the sky.

“Are. You. Serious?” Luhan whines.

“Oh no, not these things again.” Xiumin whined.

“Hey! That’s my power jerk!” Kai yells at the same time.

   Honestly you were too panicked to speak, let alone scold your eccentric guardian. The harpies swarmed in the sky like a horde of vultures and your forehead was starting to break into a sweat.

“How can he do that?” Luhan asks.

“I do not know!” Persephone rages, and you have yet to hear her this angry, “But I do know that I have had enough!”

   You quickly look over to her direction and she clasps her hands together, fingers facing the ground, and watch her make a notion of pushing her hands down at the forest floor and then raising them back to the sky and opening her palms back up. Her eyes went to beaming white to oily black, and it freaked you out even more.

   Time seemed to stop as her light colored stola morphed into a black and red gown. A crown forms on her head and you gape in awe.

Because Persephone is the queen of the underworld, and the persona of the dark queen is making an appearance.

But it was more than just that.

Next to her a black portal, like the one Keres had just opened up, shimmered through and a man stepped out.

As he stood by her the clearing immediately developed a dark aura over the nature itself. His clothes matched hers in a way that seemed to be very fitting. He wore a loose black silk shirt with a unique cut in the front with embroidered rubies. His pants looked silky as well and his hair was as black as onyx. He had a grim expression and when the both of you stared at each other he nodded his head. And that’s when you knew.

“Holy !” you curse, making the boys look to where you’re staring.

It’s Hades!

The boys completely stop at what they’re doing and ogle at the powerful couple.

Dude!” Luhan childishly exclaims, but hell, you understand why.

Hades is here!

“Ha!” you let out, feeling a rush of confidence. One of the three most powerful gods, who just happens to be your favorite, is here in your presence.

You go to turn back around and fight to notice that everyone else stood in their place as well. Minotaurs stopped attacking and froze in fear. Keres roars in rage and his hands forms into fists.

“What are you doing? Attack! I want every guardian found!” Keres barked, and just like that the fighting presumed.

You look back to the couple as they remained in place. You had no idea what they were doing and it seemed like they put themselves in some sort of weird trance. In a frozen state, their eyes were closed and they joined hands. Something weird in the atmosphere whirred and it made your energy go completely out of whack.

“No, no! Stop!” you yell, feeling your stomach lurch forward. Luhan and Xiumin surround you and Kai teleports and holds you up as you feel nauseous.

Hades and Persephone’s heads fall back and everything changes.

The grass turns black and trees that line the clearing make creaking and popping noises. All the leaves shimmer and disappear into thin air. The sky turns blacker than it was before. You would find this all super cool and amazing if you didn’t feel like your intestines were turning inside out.

The effect on the forest was making your scale of balance shift and you felt uneasy.

“I apologize dear child, but this is the only way.” Hades says calmly, and his raspy words had a lullaby effect on you.

The only way for Persephone and Hades to harmoniously fight their best is in their own natural setting, and one way is to replicate the realm of the underworld.

“You think I would surrender to the game of which I have created?” Keres booms and for the first time he makes his way into the war.

   Hades strides forward and you have no problem finishing off one of the harpies and moving aside for him to walk pass. He rolls his sleeves up to his elbows and Keres struts his way over.

   Once the king is close enough a black mist shoots out of his hands and feet. He does a spin kick and the fog slices a cut down the abdomen of the other god. The cut turns black and sizzles making the latter grunt in pain.

“Poison.” Persephone answers as if she knew the question that formed in your mind.

“Gods can be poisoned?”

“Yes dear, by my husband they can.” She replies and Kai lets out a ‘whoa’ from somewhere back behind you.

But poison can’t stop a full army of unleashed monsters.

“Goddess you need to think of something fast!” Xiumin exclaims while being punt kicked.

   Spinning back around, you try to think of a way to get your body back on track but it was exhausting just to think. It was even harder to search within yourself.

“I can’t! I can’t find anything!” you scream.

   You don’t really know if they understood what you meant but you hoped they could figure it out. The balance of nature was so tipped out of its’ equilibrium that it was hard for you to hold on to all your abilities at once, even with Keres still being here.

   Backing out of the clearing you dash to one of the now black trees and lean against it, gripping your forehead.

   Others kept fighting as you close your eyes and try to reestablish a stable connection to your abilities. Your stomach lurches again and you in a deep breath in hopes so you won’t vomit everywhere.

   Your pulse is at an erratic pace as you try to focus on it. The energy within you comes back in full force and you groan. Since your ability of hypnotizing is the strongest, you force all monsters to stop. Then you lock into all abilities found within you and push your hands forward, making at least thirty creatures launch into trees around you at such an unnatural force that some branches crack and fall to the ground.

“That works.” Xiumin adds with a nod and freezes another minotaur into an iceberg, “Are you alright though?”, and then shatters the slab of ice.

“No, but I have an idea!” you holler and run towards him, wobbling and swaying in and out of balance.

   Persephone at this time tag-teams with her husband on attacking Keres while you grab onto Xiumin. Your power flows through him and you yell ‘freeze!’ over the howling of the wind that has yet to cease since this whole ordeal has started.

   Xiumin holds his hand against his chin as if he is going to blow a kiss. Frost forms from his mouth and shoots out, making monsters that are in that general direction as far as fifty yards back freeze in place. You let out a sigh as Kyungsoo and Xiumin start shattering all of them, cutting the number of opponents down by at least a third.

   However, at that same time a harpie catches Kai and flies into the air with him. She sinks her sharp teeth into his shoulder and he tries to teleport but he can’t and you don’t know why, and it horrifies you. Another flies over with a chain to try and tie him down but you lift your hand up and hypnotize the second flying woman-like creature. She drops the chain and it falls as you slam her down into the ground so hard her body crushes.

“Let. Him. Go!” you screech.

   The first harpie actually hears you and looks down. Smiling, the bird woman wraps around Kai tighter and you hear several bones break, making him scream in pain.

“Kai!” You and Luhan yell.

   From at least a hundred feet in the air she cackles and drops him. Xiumin and Kyungsoo come rushing and reach out their arms to catch the teleporter. As the boy collapses into his brothers arms you look back up, ready to wreak pure hell on the scum who dared try to hurt one of the closest people to you. Before you can do anything you hear a loud rumble of thunder and a harsh sharp crack of lightning come through the sky and strike the woman who hurt Kai. She falls to the ground as well and disintegrates into ashes.

“That’s for my baby brother you !” Chen hollers as he bursts into the clearing.

“Yuri!” Kyungsoo yells in despair.

You hurry over and approach Kai. His eyes are closed but he’s still breathing, just knocked completely unconscious. You caress his forehead and dark bangs with your palm and then look back up with a murderous gaze in your eyes.

“Take him to Yixing.”

“I’ll tell him to come here.” Luhan says urgently.

“No, I don’t want any more of you to be revealed. You take him to Yixing and make sure he can heal.”

“Okay.”

“And Luhan?”

“Yeah?”

“Stay with him.”

“But Yur-“

“Just do it. One might follow you.”

   He nods his head with hesitation and holds up the weight of his brother. As he turns to leave you grab his shoulder and look into his eyes. Luhan seems nervous and you don’t really know what to say, so you lean over and kiss him. You pull back quickly and the sad twinkle in his eyes could make your heart break. Leaning down, you brush a kiss across Kai’s lips as well.

“I love you. Now go.” You say softly.

   With that he runs out of the clearing while the others cover for him to clear a path. You then turn your attention back to the unfolding scene ahead of you.


 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Guess who's back, back, back,.....back again, again, again.....Gaia's back, back, back....tell a friend, friend, friend~

GUYS!

WE HAVE 600+ subscribers now! That's crazy!

Holy cheesecakes guys thanks! I love feeling that there are people out there who are interested in what I write, it makes me feel really good about myself, I couldn't have done all of this without you though!

I just started my second semester classes today! Part II might be up tomorrow or the next day! And then I will put the poll up after that.

The cruise was my best vacation ever! I went cave tubing, hiking through the jungle, trekking through a rainforest, played with monkeys, and did tons of shopping. Tell me about your holidays!

And what's gonna happen next you think? :)