Chapter 45

Externally Ethereal(revamping, title might change)

"What on earth are you talking about girl?" Christina asked.

   Sophie was about to reply when all of you suddenly smelled the strong aroma of rain and flowers. In the corner of the bloody kitchen, Persephone stepped in through a portal made of light.

"Mercy." Christina says, and then promptly faints.

   You screamed as she began to fall, however her body never hit the red-covered tile. Kai teleported from across the room to her in just enough time to prop her back up. He, along with Xiumin, carried her into the living room and laid her down on the couch.

"Persephone!" you and Sophie say at the same time.

"Yes hello my children, let us talk in the living room if you do not mind."

   Obviously everyone follows and you realize that Sophie was able to recognize who Persephone is, which gave you reassurance on what her true motives are. She could not have been in the presence of Persephone previously if she had been a threat. So most of your guardians should understand that as well, if they still didn't believe so. 

"What was that?" Kyungsoo asked.

"That is actually dangerous that you in particular did not notice anything Kyungsoo." Persephone started, "The earth is unbalanced."

"Animals react to catastrophes." you mumble to yourself.

"Huh?" asked Chen.

"I learned it in school. Many scientists believe that animals are really intuitive. Most agree that animals can sense when a natural disaster is coming." you explained.

"And crows are a symbol of death..." Sophie added quietly.

"They're right." Persephone interrupted, "However, Yuri you are the goddess of balance. Did you not feel anything?"

"I don't even know how to use that ability." You whine.

"Even so, have you been feeling anything out of the ordinary lately?"

"Well I couldn't sleep last night."

"Hmm...this may be the reason why."

   The goddess brought her hand to her chin and paced back and forth in her flowy stola. Her hair was down and wild today, something you have noticed before. Her forehead crinkles as she is deep in thought and you wonder even in times like this how she can be so beautiful with anything she does. 

"I am not aware that Keres knows where you are," She began. "but the force of nature did and I do not know what that means or what you need to do. Yuri you need to be kept in touch with the earth, because it is telling you something is coming."

"What should I do?"

"Perhaps you and Kyungsoo need to go out into the forest and find a way to focus. Maybe meditate."

"Persephone I am done meditating, I need to know what's going on and going out into the forest where I had the premonition of it burning is a horrible idea. I need answers." you exasperated.

"You have premonitions?" Sophie asked.

"No." you quickly answer, confusing her.

"It relieves me to see that you have accepted the descendent of Athena into your home." Persephone said on a tangent, completely ignoring what you said.

"Kyungsoo and Yuri aren't safe alone out there." Baekhyun interrupted. 

"Persephone, can you just bring Tao and Kris now? We are going to need them more than ever." Chanyeol randomly said, and the rest of the boys agreed.

"I apologize, I simply cannot. I must obey the oracle and wait until the next morning.

"But why?"

"That is how the fates destined it, there is nothing I can do. If I bring them we will no longer be in a battle with these beastly monsters, we will start a war with the rest of us Olympians."

   At this time, Christina regains consciousness and wakes up. Kai is already there next to her whispering into her ear about everything that is happening. Once she sits up straight she is completely taken aback by the mystical woman in front of her.

"That's possible?" Sophie asked shocked.

"Is that why I can't teleport to them?" Kai questioned at the same time from the couch.

"Indeed, earth would be decimated. The only people who would ally with us would be my mother, Athena, my husband, and very few others."

"Isn't Athena your half-sister?" Yixing said out of no where.

"Guys, we're off topic. Me and Kyungsoo are about to die out in the forest, remember?" you interrupted, annoyed.

"Well if you die then all your guardians die, so." Sophie replied.

"Wow, thanks Soph'. I love the enthusiasm."  you answer sarcastically.

"How about we follow them?" Luhan suggests.

"I do not think that can work. Besides your healer, she and the earth bending guardian are more uniquely connected to nature than the rest of you. They need to focus on their own abilities."

"We need a plan." Sehun sighs.

   You glance around the room. Persephone resorts to pacing again and everyone else looks stressed. Suho has his head in his hands, ruffling his hair. Xiumin is staring off into space with the most sad expression he could possibly muster. Sophie looks like she's calculating a difficult math problem and Luhan is staring at his brothers, probably trying to hear what they are thinking and most likely scaring himself.

"I think I actually have one." Sophie announces, standing up from where she was sitting on the floor.

"Let us hear it." Persephone encourages.

"Okay. okay okay okay." she huffed going to the front of the room before explaining.

"If Persephone believes that Yuri needs to tap into another one of her abilities and she needs to go to forest to do so, then Persephone and Kyungsoo should go with her. Persephone is the goddess of spring which is directly related to nature, thus not messing up anyones concentration."

   All of you stare at her wide-eyed.

"Just in case Keres or his goons find them Luhan, Yixing, and Kai should be on the sidewalk across the street. This way they are not interfering with Yuri's radar thingy, but close enough to the woods for Luhan to hear everyone's thoughts so he can know if Keres does show up. Kai will be there because he needs to teleport Yixing into the forest because Yuri draws power from him and he can heal if someone gets hurt in the process. Kai can then teleport everyone out." Sophie continued.

"Wow." Suho whispers, amazed at the gears turning in her head.

"We need people guarding the house if Keres or some other crazy force finds us. So since Xiumin, Chen, Chanyeol, and Baekhyun all have offensive abilities they can stand outside in the yard, ready if needed. Lastly, me, Sehun, and Suho will be in here with Christina as a last effort to protect her. Plus Sehun and Suho's powers can probably clean the god-awful-smelling-bird-filled living room." she rambled.

   Everyone in the room goes silent as Sophie pants, trying to regain her breath. Your jaw dropped halfway through her battle tactic and you haven't been able to close it since she stopped, entirely stunned. Christina seems confused as Kai slowly starts to smile next to her.

"Well then," Persephone starts, "let us listen to the demi goddess of tactics and begin."


A/N: ha.

Sorry for the delay. I don't even know how I found time to write this today. I have an exam, two quizzes, and an oral powerpoint presentation that has to be completely explained only in Mandarin by Friday.

-takes in a deep breath-

I go home from college Friday night to start my Fall break so I am thinking of working on ALL my stories during that time, and my sister is willing to help.

How are you? Did you like the chapter? Have a Q&A? Ask!

-runs around like a maniac and cries-

P.S.  A beta reader has been chosen!