Chapter 35

Externally Ethereal(revamping, title might change)

"Someone needs to tell me what's going on." Christina demands.

   Everyone was gathered in the living room. Since Christina is still healing from her accident Sehun and Chanyeol, who were previously holding her back, aided her to the couch while everyone else stood around her. You were on the opposite couch curled into Xiumin as he rubbed your back in slow circles with one hand while his other was combing through your hair. Coming down from a panic attack is always shaky and the environment around you always seems as if it's too much to handle.

"You didn't know she had panic attacks?" Luhan asks.

   Your breath hitches causing everyone to glance towards you with worry in their eyes. Xiumin whispers in your ear as you hold onto him tighter while Kai walks over to sit on the other side of you.

"Sweetie, Yuri has had a panic disorder since she was twelve. Of course, I've known."

"You mean she's been going through this for around six years? She's been having these attacks?" Yixing asked, which made the rest of the guardians look to your direction again.

"Yes. But I want to know the reason why there was light beaming out of her eyes. So someone better talk. Now."

   Tensing, you jerk your head up to the oldest guardian.

"There was?" you whisper.

   He gives you a quick nod. Leaning over, you whisper into his ear as his eyes widen.

"You sure?"

"Please." You beg.

   Around the two of you, everyone else shifted their attention towards your plea. Xiumin noticeably stared at Luhan until he understood. The rest of the brothers watched with confused looks, glancing back and forth across the room between the two. While Luhan read his brothers mind, his mouth dropped before closing it and then gave a curt nod. Clearing his throat, you cut him off before he could speak.

"Xiumin has an explanation, and something to tell you. But please excuse me for a second, I want to be alone." You say very quickly.

   Without giving your maid a chance to speak, you pull yourself from the ice-controller's grasp and dash up the stairs. Simultaneously, Luhan informed his brothers mentally on what they're about to do, shocking each and every one of them.

"Christina, we need to go outside for this."


   Stopping in the kitchen first, you grab a water bottle and take a large gulp before closing the lid and placing the bottle (thank the parthenons for whoever made huge pockets in basketball shorts) in your pocket. Hearing Luhan ask for Christina to go outside, you jog up the stairs and stop in the hallway.

It's been years. 

   You take slow steps until you reach the bookcase at the end of the hall.

   Bittersweet childhood memories infiltrate your mind at what used to be, and of course Christina knew about it, so did your parents. Your father was the one who created it.

   Scanning one of the many shelves that fill the floor-to-ceiling bookcase, you catch sight of a leather bound text. You hastily walk back to the beginning of the hallway to make sure no one is around or down the stairs. Going back to the bookcase you trace a finger down the spine and almost shiver. Looking over your shoulder, you take a deep breath and pull back the book.

   The sounds of rusty gears softly echoes behind the wood as the furniture slides to the right. Dust displaces the air around it making your nose tingle. Holding back the urge to sneeze you make a mental note to come back and clean every once in a while.

"Uh, Persephone? You here?" you whisper out into the dark hidden room.

  Hearing nothing but silence, you take a step in and lean to the side to turn on a lamp. The bookcase door slides back into place as you stare into the small room.

   It's not like it's a dungeon, lined with cement and questionable items inside. The room has a very close-to-home feeling in it. It's quite small and the style is modern just like the rest of the house. The shape of the personal library is basically a skinny rectangle. The two long walls are covered in book shelves while the wall opposite from the entrance is a bay window with a backless chaise beneath it.

   Walking toward the large window, you look out and see your family. Sehun was currently making a mini tornado in the large backyard. Hearing Christina screech and seeing her cover with her hand, you start to giggle. Once the wind disperses your maid starts to yell at the boys. You don't know why but it's the funniest thing ever, making you full out laugh as Christina starts to chase one of the boys in circles.

"She took it a lot easier than I thought." said a soft voice behind you.

   Snapping your body, you turn around and immediately go into defensive position. At the same time you tap into your hypnosis.

"Yuri it's me." Persephone says.

"No, you're not Persephone. I would have smelled the scent of rain and flowers." you say as you begin to tap into your other abilities.

   The woman in front of you gapes at you, then smiles.

"My child, you're even stronger. That's so wonderful!"

"I'm only going to ask this one time. Who. Are. You."

"I am the only Persephone my dear. Do I need to summon my husband to prove it?"

"Whoa I can meet Hades?!" you say excitedly.

   The goddess erupts into a room full of hearty laughter and you begin to realize that this is her, you just must have been focusing on the boys too much to not notice, which is highly possible.

"No you don't understand! He's like my favorite god!" you add while joining into the laughter.

"Well I'll make sure to tell him that. He is very curious about you, you know."

"Whoa...really?"

   The two of you continue on for a couple more minutes until the both of you settle down. You return to the window and cross your arms against your chest. Currently Chen was showing Christina his abilities as lightning cracked against the sky that was beginning to set, even with the overcast of clouds. At first she look frightened, but after he finished she clutched her chest and was most likely trying to let this all sink in and struggling to remain calm. You see that Christina was now sitting in a chair on the side of the lawn. You feel a hand clutch your shoulder.

"You seem a lot better from earlier dear." Persephone says softly.

"I know, something about these boys does that to me. I swear I'm not bipolar." you joke.

   It something you have noticed before. If the boys aren't there you go back to your normal self, the way your behavior was before you met them. But while they are there your mind is clear and you feel as if your body is healthier.

"And most of the time that will be a good thing to have."

"Why not all the time?"

"They cloud your senses. You thought of nearly killing me just now."

"They make my senses clearer, we are stronger when we are together Persephone. I just...I've been having a rough week. So many things have happened."

"I know Yuri, but you're a goddess-"

"Only half of one."

"- and life is going to be this way for a while."

"Wonderful."

   You sit cross-legged on the chaise with an elbow propped up against the window. Persephone sits next to you (all elegant and stuff, how can someone even sit all fancy like that?) and glances out the window as well before taking your hand that was resting on your lap.

"Let's talk." she says smoothly.

   Nodding your head, you turn and focus your attention to the matter at hand.


Chanyeol

​   At first I thought Christina would be mad, or worse, kick us out of the house. Which that would be terrible for everybody. I'm by far the person who is least closest to Yuri, but living somewhere else where she's not just seems wrong to me. Yuri is like my missing piece to this crazy puzzle of all of my brothers, if she's not there I feel like there is a gaping hole that's burning away at my soul, layer by layer, and it's terrifying.

   But here I am laughing like it's no tomorrow. The reason?

   Chen and Baekhyun of course.

   After we got Christina to settle down once we were done showing her our powers (which she is still dazed about) everyone began to chill and hang out in the backyard. This is my first time out here and the sunset looks pretty awesome and the slight wind makes the atmosphere feel light hearted. Since the rest of us felt relieved that she took it so well, my brothers were letting loose. Which leads to two of my very idiotic ones.

   It started off as a competition I guess. Baekhyun betted that he could hold a longer ray of light than Chen could with a bolt of lightning.

   Now I don't know about you, but I for one know that you should never taunt a man who can control electricity.

   Basically it went down like this. Their first mistake was that they decided to face each other instead of side by side. So of course when they started Baekhyun almost blinded Chen and Chen almost electrocuted Baekhyun while possibly blinding him as well. They bickered (by this time I was sitting on the soft grass being quite entertained) before settling on having a blinding contest.

   Yep. You heard me.

   I caught the jist that basically they are gonna get as close to each others eyes as they can and whoever pulls away loses. So when they did it Baekhyun literally blinded Chen. But Chen was only blinded because he electrocuted Baekhyun at the forehead. So when Chen let go Baekhyun fell to the ground and start convulsing. But we're guardians, so of course he wasn't seriously hurt. So it just made it extremely funny.

   Since I was lying down laughing, I noticed something out of the corner of my eye.

   Looking back over to the house I saw a girl leaning against a window. I squinted my eyes and soon noticed it was Goddess. However, she wasn't looking outside and was moving.

   Curiosity got the best of me so I stood up.

"Where you going?" Xiumin asked.

"I'm thirsty."

   I open the sliding door quietly and step in. I hear two heartbeats from upstairs and it worries me. The only person who should be inside is Yuri. I glance out the sliding doors and count all the people out there. Getting worried, I go to the staircase and run up them, skipping two steps at a time. Long legs are definitely an advantage.

   I walk to Yuri's room and open the door. There's no one here as I go to the window. Looking out of it, I try to imagine where I was just laying on the ground and realized that this wasn't the window I was l staring at. However the sunset looked amazing up here and the light that seeped through the curtains made various shadows on her walls. Besides of that stupid bare wall people see right when they open her door, making them turn left in order to walk into the main area, I like her room. It's spacious, has a mini library, a vanity, and has beautiful wooden mahogany furniture.

   Hearing the voice of my goddess through the walls knocks me out of my senses. I leave the room and shut the door before searching all the rooms to find out just exactly where she is. Someone else in the house and I need to warn her, who knows what it is. I definitely am not willing to risk her life.


A/N: Hey guys.

I apologize for taking so long to update. I had my graduation ceremony and my party. Then my friends graduations parties and tons of other stuff I've been doing (I'm still trying to finish my thank you cards) has distracted me. How have you guys been? Did you like the chapter?

I'll start writing the next chapter for Heretica now. I'm also thinking of releasing/publishing Chorale University next week :)

I'm trying to learn how to loom a scarf and it is so freaking tedious. I'm surprised I've had enough patience to get this far, but I'm making it as a graduation present for my friend so hopefully it will be done soon^^

Btw, like a month ago I started writing a story (called Earth Dweller) and accidentally took it off draft, which I think some of you saw it. I did not delete it.

I'm just not ready to do so many stories as once. I think once I'm done with Heretica (sometime next month) I will put ED up and do that before I start the sequel to Heretica.

My college orientation is in a couple weeks, I'm excited^^

Whatchu been up to?

Still taking Q&A's :)