Chapter 67

Externally Ethereal(revamping, title might change)

"No." Sophie shook her head.

"You're lying!" Chanyeol shouts with small spheres of fire building in his palms.

   You had no words to speak as images and thoughts choked you. Emotionally, tears started forming in your eyes as you understood. There is no reason for Zeus to lie, he has nothing to gain. Of course Keres would do something this drastic. It was revenge. You didn't submit to him so he made every individual of your kind to suffer so you can feel the guilt. A lingering teardrop slides down your cheek and falls off your chin.

"I'm a murderer." you whisper.

   Suprisingly, Kris is the first to approach you. Zeus eyeballs him the entire time and Kris maintains eye contact as an act of courage. He actually stands at your side and throws and arm around your shoulder. Since the guardian is so tall your ear is pressed against the bottom of his chest and you hear his calm heartbeat. It distracts you momentarily and it sparks curiosity around the room. 

"He must be stopped." Hades says gruffly.

"I will skin him layer by layer." Kai mutters.

"You....you knew this was happening!" you roar.

   Zeus looks appalled as if someone has never raised their voice to him before. If fire was able to ignite into someone's eyes, it would have done so with the king of gods. Athena and Apollo even looked uneasy. However, Hades almost looked smug at the thought of a little girl raising her voice to someone who holds so much authority.

"This will be the one time I must hand you mercy, you better watch your tone little demi. I could easily take away the only civilization you have left." Zeus threatens.

"I doubt that, brother." Hades counters.

"I will provide a holding place for this monstrous man. You must find him yourself and bring him to me."

"He's not just a man." Xiumin snaps.

"Right, son of Hecate. Maybe it's time to give the witch a visit." 

"She resides where we reside. I'll be the one doing the talking." Persephone retorts.

   Kris grips you a little tighter. He knows that if something happens he must fly you out of here, regardless of his animosity towards you. A wave of disappointment splashes across the face of Zeus.

"One must wonder why your mother let you become what you have become." Zeus replies softly.

"Leave my mother out of your wretched ways!"

   The god turns to you, "Bring him to me, my child. He will be dealt with accordingly."

   Besides killing him, you never had an alternate plan once you found the villainous monster. You haven't even gotten close to catching him. You nod towards the ethereal man who towers above you. You simply have no other choice, Zeus does not seem the kindest, but you trust him to put away Keres for good. Even if that means for eternity.

"Goddess, may I ask one question?" Yixing speaks up.

"Of course, my love." you nod, and Zeus does as well.

"Where is our mother?" Yixing and Luhan ask at the same time.

"And where is our father?" Kyungsoo speaks up.

"I...will task Apollo with that mission. Luna and Sol were friends of the parthenon."

"Then why haven't you done anything the past two decades?!" Chen shouts.

"At ease, guardian. Your legacy does not live on past your patron goddesses. We will find them. Bring Keres and we will you to the sun and the moon."

   And with that, Apollo and Zeus disappears into thin air. Kris pushes you off of him. 


   It has been four hours. Even though it is late into the night and all is quiet, no one is asleep. You can faintly hear footsteps down below every now and then. Some of them mention your name, and Baekhyun even calls out for you, but you remain in your place. Yixing opens your door to find you sitting on your bed, staring out the window at a dimlit sky. You don't even flinch at the thought of someone walking into your room unannounced, and that worries him even more. He walks to te side of your bed and wraps his arm around one of the bedposts. The moonlight casts a soft glow upon your face, and he can clearly see that you've been crying.

   The guardian takes a seat next to you. He had no idea what to say for the first time in what feels like forever, so he simply takes your hand into his and kisses the back of your palm. You sigh, and his soulders sag. 

"Can you mend a broken heart? A shattered soul?" you whisper.

   The healer tears up listening to the raw pain in your voice. Anyone else could do something, but not him. All he does is fix what has been hurt, and even now he seems to be of no use. 

"You are my everything, please don't wither away." he whispers back.

"Billions of people. I killed them. Families, children, babies..."

"You're not a murderer. This isn't your fault."

"I should have known....why didn't I feel it?" 

   Lay didn't have an answer. His abilities are so different from everyone else that he can barely understand how your powers work. He drapes his arm over your shoulder and brings you in close.

"How about I stay?" he asks.

   Another small tear slides down your remorseful face, and you nod slowly. Yixing gets up and makes his way to the other side of the bed. He pulls off his shirt and kicks his way out of his pants. He pulls back the comforter and sits on the edge of the mattress to take his socks off. Turning back around, he notices that you haven't moved from your spot. He crawls over and wraps his body around yours. Taking your chin into his hand, he turns your head and places soft kisses along your jawline. You shiver from the feather-like pecks and a small forlorn grim smile crosses your face. He then kisses you on the mouth. 

"Come to bed, my love."

He's so sincere, yet you know that tonight will be a restless one.