Chapter 36

Externally Ethereal(revamping, title might change)

"This is going to take a while to explain." Persephone says.

"Well then let's get to it." you answer.

   The powerful goddess reclines back against the window next to you. She takes in a deep breath and stares at the endless books that line the walls. You remain respectfully quiet as she begins.

"Eons ago, when us gods were the only to roam the universe, I was a carefree soul. I loved being so young, unlike the others who wanted to grow up and become the ultimate gods that the Fates have set for us."

"Woah the three fates are real?" you ask dubiously.

   She glances at you with a look that mostly likely means 'duh' in eye language. You smile sheepishly while she continues with her story, but deep down inside you feel a pang of sadness, you just don't know why.

"In my younger centuries I had two friends. Two very best friends that were inseparable from me. We spent our days discovering what ever existence had to offer us and it was the best time of my life. I remember being easy-going, never worrying unless it came to my season. Only then would I grow weary from making sure spring was as beautiful as it always shall be. But alas, that was only me; Hecate and Luna didn't want an eternal youth like I did."

"Luna and Hecate?"

"Yes. Luna is the goddess of the moon and Hecate is the goddess of sorcery, crossroads, necromancy, and spirits."

"No way, I never knew that! That's so cool!" you exclaim.

" 'Tis true," she giggles, "the three of us fit well together, agreed? However, Hecate and Luna are much more mature than I. They wanted husbands, kids, power, the whole nine yards. And that's exactly what happened to them. I remained in the fields, childish and light hearted, while they took on responsibility and pride. Luna found Sol and Erebus found Hecate."

   The amount of interest you had in her legends was apalling. It was like being transported to a fantasy world, wrapped in oblivion, and sugar coated with awe. The way she spoke was like you being three years old again and having the best story teller around.

"Of course my mother-"

"Demeter?"

"Yes. Of course my mother wanted to be this way too. She was, and still is, very protective over me. I was suppose to be a goddess. But what is important is that Hecate had a son and Luna had twelve."

"Holy shi- uh, I mean, holy cow! Twelve sons? That's insa- whoa. Waitwaitwait. Wait."

   Twelve sons. 

   Twelve brothers.

My twelve boys?

   You start sputtering and motion to the window. Persephone's kind face smiles towards you. You motion from the window to yourself and she nods.The goddess quickly gazes out the window as you sit there with your eyes wide.

"But Luhan told me that they didn't have parents."

"That is the part I am trying to get to dear, they've never known their parents, they were too young when it happened. You see, Luna and Sol had your guardians and Hecate and Erebus had a son. You know him as Keres."

Okay now THIS is interesting.

"Mother saw that my two greatest friends had kids and she didn't want their 'bad influences' rubbing off on me. Therefore, I was separated from them. It wasn't until many many years later that I discovered that Erebus had an affair with another woman. This woman bore his second child, the goddess Nemesis."

"Goddess of justice?" you interrupted.

"Yes, goddess of divine retribution and fortune, or in other words, blind justice. Obviously Hecate wasn't happy and they went their separate ways. Hecate, like me, resides in the underworld. Everyone knows all of things that are there, and unfortunately Keres befriended ones he shouldn't have. Years go by and after my dearest and I are finally wed I went back to the underworld and that is currently where I live."

"Only for six months."

"Not really, don't always believe what they tell you dear. Anyway, when I became old enough I was able to do what I wanted, and the first thing I wanted back was my two best friends. I'd come to Luna's palace and watch over the twelve boys and I even tried to guide Keres to the right direction. But somehow Keres became jealous and power hungry. He would torture the lost souls and kill other mythical beings. Hecate couldn't stop him either, and it got to the point where Hades banned him from the underworld. Along the way Zeus banned him from the earth and the heavens and Poseidon even banned him from the seas. We don't know where he's been and I don't know why he has came back. I think you, my dear, have to figure that out."

"He came back to try and kill my guardians, but I don't know why. They haven't done anything wrong."

"Well I guess you have a mission to do don't you?"

"Yes Goddess I guess I do."

   You look out the window once more as the sun tries to dip beneath the earth. The trees green leaves fluttered from the light breeze and the sky was filled with watercolors that would make any painter envy the beautiful work of nature's abilities. Below the boys ran around playing like the little children they act to be. Your pendant glows warmly against your stomach and even with a psychotic god on the loose, life still seems so great.

"I love spring." you sigh.

"I do too sweetie." Persephone chuckles.

    Giving her a bright smile, she opens her arms and you gladly embrace her, happy to have another mother figure in your life. Maybe that's why you felt the pang of despair earlier, your mom would read bedtime stories and it just hit a little too close to home. However it's too late to dwell on the past you decide.

"Now you better tell your guardian who's standing outside in the hallway." she whispers.

"What?" you ask, pulling back to look at her.

"Your guardian of pyromancy is out there waiting for you."

Pyromancy......fire........

"Chanyeol?"


GM A/N: Hey cuties! Here's another ethereal chapter~

And I have some great news!

It's here!

I finally published Chorale University!

If you wanna check it out click here.

Have a great week everyone and an early happy independence day to my American readers! I leave tonight to go my parents friends house for a HUGE fourth of July bash and I won't be back til the 5th.

The 7th through the 9th is my college orientation and I can't wait! It's finally here!

See you guys later!!!