Chapter 52

Externally Ethereal(revamping, title might change)

"You cannot possibly do that!" Hades hollers.

"What other choice do I have?" Persephone yells back.

   The goddess weaves her way out of the mix of creatures and runs into the thickened forest, hoping to find some cover. She knows that this forest has been thriving for hundreds of years and hopefully enough shrub is present to hide her. Persephone has had this plan on the back burner since she has noticed how dire the fighting has been. Keres must have been forcing the monsters to breed years before this. There was no doubt that what she was about to do would have even more harsh consequences than the situation she is in right now, but to her this was the only way.

"You are going to start another war!" Hades called out, protecting her nonetheless, making sure nobody followed her. Simultaneously, he was looking around to find the bastard who started all this.

   However Persephone had already made up her mind. She was going to break destiny. Turn fate. 

   And scare the living hell out of the parthenon.


"We can't just let them in the house!" Baekhyun cried.

   Bodies were still dropping everywhere you look. You wanted to answer, or set up a plan, or give orders, but you couldn't. All that you could do is stay frozen in your place in front of the door that led into your house.

"What do we do?" Chen shouts in a panic, looking around to see if any creature was approaching him.

"Fight off as much as we can! They are not touching Kai or Christina!" Xiumin yells over the hysteria.

"Oh I'm not letting anything touch me, you can count on that." says a voice, shocking you out of your paralysis. 

   Standing next to you is Kai, giving that cocky grin of his like he just won an argument with Luhan. You yelp in surprise and hug him tight, not caring if any harpies or minotaurs are near the two of you. He brushes his fingers through your hair and brings you close to him.

"I'm going to come back and repay you for that kiss." he whispers, and just like that, he poofs off into the middle of the war zone.

"." you grunt, but you have to thank him later for motivating you.

   As Chanyeol absentmindedly backs up closer to the house, you take it as an opportunity to plunge into the madness. Remembering about the knives you have strapped to your body, you pull one out from your arm and gut a minotaur while he wasn't looking. You then run up to another and hop on its back, slitting its throat. Feeling grossed out from the slimy blood and the gurgling noises, you turn your head (so you don't throw up from the smell) and notice something zooming out from the forest. It was moving so fast for you to focus, and you didn't notice another minotaur right in front of you.

   Before Luhan could yell, the thing that you saw come from the forest zooms to you and the body of the minotaur drops faster then a beat of a second. Not even a few moments to wait later, a man stood in front of you blocking your body from anything else.

   You jumped back from shock as Luhan finishes yelling your name, making everyone temporarily look in your direction. You stare at the back of this person you met with wide eyes. He has a slender build with tan skin and hair so dark you wasn't aware of it being possible. The guy doesn't even turn back to speak, he just continues killing with an inhumane amount of speed. Since you can't really do anything with your nose facing his back, you turn around and fight in the other direction. While doing all this killing, you notice that he never strays from your side. Inbetween killing two harpies and yet another minotaur, you accidentally step back and your blades of your shoulders touch. A zap of electricity it seems travels through your body and you jolt forward.

   But it can't be, it's not time yet.

   Suddenly you hear a male voice roar and look up to see another man flying through the sky without wings. He attacks the flying harpies and zig zags back and forth in the air. Smoke from the dying forest is drifting to your house and filling your lungs.

"Kris?!" Kyungsoo screeches while looking towards the sky.

   Wait Kris? Then...

"Tao?" you question to the guy behind you. He turns his head over his shoulders and nods with a grunt.

"How are you here?!" you shout in confusion.

"Goddess." is the only thing he answers.

"Yes?" you answer, but then you realize that you aren't the goddess he's talking about.

"Well ." is the only thing you could say while the rest of the guardians lose their minds.

   Sophie seems confused as well and arches her eyebrow after taking down more monsters. Although it finally seems like the numbers are dwindling, you have long past been tired and aching, your body begging for a break. It takes all the energy you have to just stay standing, and your connection with your powers have been shaky ever since you fled. Looking out to the horizon, you wish to see the break of dawn but fire and smoke masks it with it's toxic fumes. Just like the the smoke covering the sky, your fear is starting to cover your hope and there's nothing else much you can do about it.

   That is until someone else appears out of the darkness.


 

 

 

A/N: I feel like all I have been doing is apologizing lately. Yet once again, I'm sorry.

Its hard being an author, a co-author, a designer, a lyricist, a mixer, and a full time student simultaneously. However I have spring break soon and hopefully I'll catch up.

Since last chapter ive been studying for exams, mixing a song for cover artists at Luminous Music Ent (check them out), doing homework, and of course more writing.

I've done two chapters in the heretica sequel, added a chapter to CU, and have done about a chapter and a half for Earth Dweller. So please don't misunderstand that I've been ignoring all this, I'm online all day everyday. 

I hope you all have a great start to your week :)