Chapter 57

Externally Ethereal(revamping, title might change)

"Who is it?"

   Sophie peeked her head in behind the thick door after lightly rapping it with her knuckles. Since they have all arrived, Soph' decided to explore what the castle has to offer. Although what she has discovered, is that Christina hasn't been acting the same. And with you knocked out, she was the closest thing to the frail distressed maid.

   She was laying in her bed, facing the window. Sophie slipped in and closed the door behind her.

"It's me." the younger says, crossing her arms.

   It takes a couple seconds, but Christina slowly sits up and faces her. The teen could tell that it's been just as rough, if not more, for the older woman. She had dark circles and her hair was a mess. But, could anyone blame her?

"I haven't seen you all day, Sophia Grace."

   Sophie grimaced, nobody has called her that in a long time. Christina use to say it all the time back when the two of you were inseparable. Fond memories slowly push their way through.

"I'm sorry Christina. I don't like being places I don't really know. I had to figure out my surroundings." she replies sheepishly.

   Christina nods.

"I don't blame you dear."

   After a breath, Soph' asks if you have had any breakthrough as she walks across the cold floor to sit on the corner of the bed.

"No, I'm afraid not. I really hope she isn't in a coma. Does this place even have the right equipment to help her medically?" the maid thought out loud.

"If not, Persephone could do something. Or maybe Kai." she shrugs.

"You girls were so close."

"It feels like a lifetime ago. But some days, I can remember as if it just happened. I would like to become that close again. She's become such an admirable person." the other admits.

"Aye, and so have you." says a voice.

   Both women turn towards the door. Standing there is four women, Christina only recognizing one.

"My Goddess." Sophie immediate blurts out, kneeling down and bowing her head like a knight. Christina arches a brow.

"Persephone?" the maid questions.

"It is okay my sweet. If it is not any trouble, we would like to see Sophia for a little while."

   Christina looks down at the teen kneeling, and glances back at the goddesses.

"Alright, I guess I should go find some tangible food to cook." she nods.

"I will send Kyungsoo to aid." the goddess smiles cheerfully.

   The elderly woman leaves her bedroom to go back to the kitchen. Persephone leans over the banister and sees the earth guardian pacing the first floor.

"My dear, could you please go help Christina put together a decent meal? You all deserve one."

"Of course Goddess." he smiles, happy to have something to do.

   He runs off as Christina follows and Persephone turns back around to the group of ethereal women standing around her.

"Sophia, how about we walk to your new bedroom?"

"Yes Goddess."

   The other four follow close behind, although Persephone knew the way. She spent the short amount of time trying to discover the atmosphere that surrounded them. Sophie's room wasn't much different than the others. Most bedrooms were cookie cutter to the rest in the castle.

   Sophie, on the other hand, was hoping the anxiousness she was feeling wouldn't consume her. She can tell when a person is a god or not, and all of them clearly were. But why is her patron goddess here?

"Alright, let's get to this." Persephone claps after walking into the personal room.

   Her outfit, which was previously her 'Underworld' robes, morphed back into her spring goddess clothes that she loved to adorn herself in. Persephone usually wore her darker toned wardrobe when she needed strict attention and cooperation.

"So. What is the news from the high mountain?" she asks.

   Athena, Iris, Nemesis, and Sophie all hesitate and look at each other.

"Y-you mean, as in Olympus?" Soph' says bewildered.


"Kris." Suho starts, pinching his nose in frustration.

"Save it."

"We aren't kids anymore, don't order me around."

"Why, because that's what our beloved goddess is supposed to do?"

   The two of them were on the third floor. Suho has been tracking his elder brother down all morning and he finally was able to catch up to him. The water guardian knows that everyone was sent on missions to run numerous errands all day, but this couldn't wait.

"Your thick skull won't even give her a chance, and yes, I do follow her orders. Unless it endangers her health, of course."

   Kris scoffs.

"You know what? I frankly don't give a damn what got your so tied up in a bunch-"

   His eyes widen. Suho never cusses.

"-but, I will not have you treat her like this when she wakes. Are we clear?"

   The elder is left there gaping as Suho heads back downstairs, remembering to go ask Yixing if he has been keeping up with his healing sessions.


   By this time, it was Chen's turn to watch over you. He honestly has been waiting for this. Unlike the rest of his siblings, Chen believes that those unnecessary tasks were the only things keeping his feelings at bay. He knows himself better than anyone else, so it was easy to realize that what keeps him sane is tedious work to distract him. As he sits on a stool in front of you, he is conflicted.

"I imagine you're tired of listening to everyone else's day, but you can sit tight, or lay tight I guess."

   He looks around the room.

"Wow that was horrible." he laughs, letting off pressure that has built on his chest.

"I get that the kingdom, or whatever we are, needs people like Lay. Or Suho. Or even Kyungsoo. But why me? I control lightning, there's nothing for me to do except mortal labor work." he sighs.

   He swears he sees your arm jerk. Chen shuts up and freezes.

"Goddess?" he asks.

   Chen tries to catch his breath because his heart is pounding. He makes no hesitation to get in the bed and lean over you. He gingerly caresses your face with hope in his eyes. He misses you so much.

"Yuri?" he tried again.

   No movement.

"Yuri please," he grabs your hand, "wake up. Wake up for me? I need you."

    Your eyes squeeze together. He gasps.

"Oh my god, are you waking up? Oh my god!" he yells, unable to contain himself.

"Ch...chh." you mumble.

"Yuri it's me. Please!" He cups your face.

   Ever so slowly, you open your eyes. He smiles widely with tears and you cautiously blink three times.

"Chen?" you rasp.


"Guardian of Yuri, can I interest you in some sweets?" asks a kind old man in front of a booth.

"No thank you." Xiumin smiled softly and continued walking with his brother.

"Is it bad if I get jealous over another man saying her name?" Luhan mumbles, his brother laughs.

"I thought Sehun was possessive!"

"Oh just wait until she wake up, I'm sure you'll see it." Lu retorts.

"Must be because he's the baby." Xiumin thinks out loud.

"Yeah."

   The two were walking through the market that filled the forum outside the castle. After Luhan's incident, he locked himself away in his room and Xiumin decided he needed to get some fresh air. 

"It feels like years since I was last here." Xiumin admitted.

   The marketplace has been bustling ever since news arrived that you finally 'came home' to your true people. The commonfolk was ecstatic to finally meet the girl who has been ordered to rule over them. The boys found it quite unsettling.

"Yuri is going to freak out when we tell her that the parthenon basically shoved a kingdom into her lap." Luhan says.

"She's a strong woman."

"Strong enough to marry us?"

"Definitely." Xiumin said after a beat.

   They were about to head down another path, that led to the booths where women like to sew for a living, when Luhan abruptly stopped and put his arm out in front of Xiumin to prevent him from walking.

"Wha-"

"She's awake." Luhan said with awe.

"What?"

"Yuri's awake!" he shouts.

   The boy grabs his brother's hand and they race off to the castle, all the while the citizens start cheering and frantically race to the castle's courtyard.


 

 

A/N: OMG GUYS HAVE YOU SEEN MONSTER?

I SCREAMED. THEY ALL LOOKED SO GOOD.

Suho (bae) looked hot and Lay (other bae) was like "I'm back betch" and yesssss.

What are your favorite parts of the mv?

Mine is when Lay is being cocky as hell & when he and kai high fived as they did the last chorus choreo omg. Also Chanyeol??? Like excuse you?

 

Follow me on twitter @mirandasyleste if you would like to ask more questions and be more informed about any and all of my stories!